Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,337 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:12 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2794) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4375162 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2791) (2792) (2793) (2794) (2795) (2796) (2797) ... (3664) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by radautoworks: 12:17am On Feb 21, 2022
sonnie10:

Bros, no games in this arena. As they say it, that is how it is.
Let me give you one example. Did you know that some brake pads at Autozone store have lifetime warranty? At least this one I have used.
You make a normal one time purchase (no extra charges) and then, each time the brake pads get worn out, you return them for a free replacement. Completely no charge, and no questions asked.
Don’t ask me how the manufacturer make their profit, because I don’t know.
When will Nigeria reach that level, in terms of quality assurance?

*Hears the words "lifetime warranty" grin*

Been in Nigeria for 3 years. The platinums are lifetime. Most other stuff is 6 months- 2 year cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PNNqshboyY

And yes, you're right..NL is not a good business platform to gauge reputations. Too many cliques here with connections with mods who bury their dirt.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by radautoworks: 12:23am On Feb 21, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

She lie? grin
I dey wait make dem answer egbon grin

I still drop in every once in a while but haven't really seen anything compelling enough to jump into. Just the same old.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jeff68: 12:40am On Feb 21, 2022
FEGEITOK:
Part 2

I love the sofa!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 12:54am On Feb 21, 2022
radautoworks:

Been in Nigeria for 3 years. The platinums are lifetime. Most other stuff is 6 months- 2 year cool

And yes, you're right..NL is not a good business platform to gauge reputations. Too many cliques here with connections with mods who bury their dirt.
Thanks for collaborating my story. Many here consider it fallacy when I share these experiences. I will surely visit your place anytime I am in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 1:46am On Feb 21, 2022
badbreathcure101:
I'm the one that said it. Nairalanders are broke ppl don't be swayed by those big talks you read. They claim to have been to USA and UK, they know how to download pictures from Pinterest but to pay a professional fee is what they can never afford. Better Keep your business away from nairaland, or rather run a paid ad on another platform. Alot of them have learnt the hard way. there's not a single professional here without a scandal just google them, some even disabled their profiles and as sad as it seems the clients still think they are right till now.
9yrs on nairaland Positive Review Only!
You can google that!
Review And recommedation from Client >> https://www.nairaland.com/3364135/roofing-sheets-cost-various-types/145

This great Forum av done more good for my Roofing Business and i will forever be greatful
Although we av lot of scammer on this forum as well i fell a victim last yr 2m+ but i believe the God i served will shame the lady Very Soon
Just do ur proper finding b4 you award contract to anyone of this forum N also do proper finding b4 you accept job on this forum because we av lot of unfortunate members here as well
So don't tag everybody to be a Fake person
Money121 remain Legit dealer of Roofing sheet on nairaland Forum

Impart Of Nairaland Forum In My Life & My Roofing Business (True Life Stories)
>> https://www.nairaland.com/5913335/impart-nairaland-forum-life-roofing

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MMotimo: 2:55am On Feb 21, 2022
If you think someone that said his household income falls in an average of 100k per year is buying 18k carpets and 12k sofa sets and 8k guest room bed frame - sorry nna/nne but you deserve to be duped. There is a class of people who can afford such without breaking a sweat but they are the class that will not come to Nland to shout it out.

For the ones being peppered, understand that a lot of people will do anything to impress the gullible. Used furniture costs a very small fraction of brand new and a lot of Nigerians patronize the auctions for furniture, just like they do for vehicles. A lot of these furniture auctions have merchandise from the estate of deceased, wealthy Americans whose inheritors are trying to dispose of very high quality house furnishings so you can buy very nice pieces at a small fraction of the cost. It is a fact that some Nigerians only ever buy big ticket items at auctions because they believe that’s the best value for their money.

For those that want things they can’t afford brand new, these auctions are a treasure trove. For things they like but can’t afford, you have instalment payments or the deferred payment arrangements with stores for almost everything in the household, from electronics to furnishings. Heck, even brand new clothing and shoes have layaway arrangements so that you don’t have to pay all at once.

Nothing wrong with auctions or instalment payments if that’s how you roll but the unending deceit? The constant need to pretend to be what you aren’t in the name of pepper them? The outright lies and misrepresentation? The constant need for validation from people who could not care less? #mazialltalk

These braggarts are a dime a dozen, I already gave the 411 about them. Stay woke! Don’t allow anybody pepper you. I get dis, na me do am, na we dey dere, the truth is in the net worth, the credit reports. . . . . . . . But sha, somebody should remind me when he opens his village house because he has promised to dash out the latest iPhone as souvenirs. My phone is already 4 years old, I await the awoof.

18 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jeff68: 2:59am On Feb 21, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

Nice one.

Home Depot
Lowes
Orchards
Walmart

Good luck.

PS: Some read mine as constructive criticism but some disgruntled elements sees otherwise. I graduated my tiler to the picture attached. Before it’ll have been that Nigerian mess of a thing.

Don’t forget:
ACE Hardware Store

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 3:48am On Feb 21, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

A Londoner two plots above me did 220 meters. Took them about three days. Equipment kept breaking.

Na wah o.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 3:49am On Feb 21, 2022
EgunMogaji2:
grin

Peep show? smiley

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 3:55am On Feb 21, 2022
Here is a challenge.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 3:55am On Feb 21, 2022
sonnie10:

Thanks for collaborating my story. Many here consider it fallacy when I share these experiences. I will surely visit your place anytime I am in Nigeria.

Me too.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KelvinCoaster(m): 4:32am On Feb 21, 2022
sonnie10:
Here is a challenge. I don’t delete post. If anyone can show where I said my household annual income is $100k, I will deactivate my NL account.
Furthermore, the four pic I have posted here,
1) A jacuzzi. How does that come fairly used?
2) A Bellini upholstery I bought in 2005 for $12k I will search my archive for a picture I took around that time .. At least everyone here can tell old 2005 pictures from the quality. The thing with such upholstery is that it increases in price with time instead of depreciation. Again it is now $40k for USED one (please check this on google) So even if I bought it today used, it’s not less than $40k. Still peppered?
3) A bed set . What if I tell them that the mattress on the alone is $7k (Stearns and foster Estate). You can also google this. I know they will also say it’s tokunbo from one dead old man
4) Another one is the Persian rug. That is hand made and imported. The duty tag is still on it.

This is my defense for the people who felt peppered. Sorry I did.
Like I said before, my intention is to pepper them. I have not retracted from that stance.

Sonnie10,

You'd have just ignored her!
She sounds like a typical trouble maker!

Phew!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 4:39am On Feb 21, 2022
KelvinCoaster:

Sonnie10,

You'd have just ignored her!
She sounds like a typical trouble maker!

Phew!!!

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KelvinCoaster(m): 4:51am On Feb 21, 2022
sonnie10:

We dey outside! No shaking.
I forgot to add that the red decorative pillows on the bed is Ralph Lauren $2000 last (google it). That one too is tokunbo Aka Belgium.
Odogwu aburu guy name!
Ya gazie!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MMotimo: 4:52am On Feb 21, 2022
LOL and where did Mmotimo mention jacuzzi or when did bed frame become bedsheet set? Almost every home in the US has a jacuzzi so what’s so special about that . With that said, bedsheets sef get instalmental payment and are auctioned off in estate sales.

And the games begin, deliberate misrepresentation of clear sentences to create a narrative that they can now focus on attacking so that gullible minds forget how to read and comprehend my original post. Anyone interested in auctions can cop good pieces, I already outlined that, it’s pretending you paid $18k for a carpet or $12k for a love seat for me. Fabu unlimited, awon ti N3xt. No be today, shior! The issue is not having stuff, it’s misrepresenting the acquisition, I’ll re-emphasize that because that’s what you’re trying to mask as you set about a rebuttal that is not even addressing what I wrote. The issue is not having stuff, it’s misrepresenting the acquisition.

Anyway, don’t forget the imaginary motorbikeS you promised N3xt to the hearing of all on this site. Dude’s got plenty of time on his hands to cross-country biking. It’s 2022, let us see #mazitalkanddo not #mazialltalk

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 4:59am On Feb 21, 2022
radautoworks:
I dey wait make dem answer egbon grin

I still drop in every once in a while but haven't really seen anything compelling enough to jump into. Just the same old.

I sha miss your posts but I understand.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 5:10am On Feb 21, 2022
seunpinky:
For a while, I have been reading comments from the abroadians and the kind of expectations they have from the Nigerian construction industry.

Having spent most of my life in Nigeria and with good knowledge of the Nigerian construction industry, So I made two trips in the past two days to a home depot store to see for myself all these things they have been writing and talking about.

To be honest and fair to them, all their expectations are valid. The level of quality, sanity, ease and value for money that you get over there is second to none..

I intend visiting Lowe's tomorrow since it's a public holiday.

Please to the abroadians, which other stores can a first time home owner visit for basic renovations (paintings, lightings etc) cc Egunmogaji2, Hajj Mufutua and the others

My visit to a Californian Home Depot in November. I immediately understood why I haven’t been productive in Nigeria as much as I used to be back here. Lack of adequate raw materials. You’ll create good minimalist furnitures if you can start with this. Even shopping for trees is a pleasure.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 5:18am On Feb 21, 2022
Jacuzzi is not in average US homes.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 5:20am On Feb 21, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

My visit to a Californian Home Depot in November. I immediately understood why I haven’t been productive in Nigeria as much as I used to be back here. Lack of adequate raw materials. You’ll create good minimalist furnitures if you can start with this. Even shopping for trees is a pleasure.

Lack of straight cut wood at prices that will not break the bank is why MDF and HDF are so popular here.

The lack of investment and the lack of standardization is what makes Nigeria backwards, haven't been to South Africa, but I have a feeling they don't have this problem.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 5:28am On Feb 21, 2022
radautoworks:

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, Nigerian motorist just don’t understand the opportunity that you present.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 5:45am On Feb 21, 2022
sonnie10:
Jacuzzi is not in average US homes. It’s exclusive and well valued.
If anyone can show where I promised to send bike to Next I will deactivate my account.
Next was the one trying to put that promise in my mouth.
I no be mugu ok?

By the way I don’t understand how someone who can afford to buy his wife this Belman handbag of $5000 cannot buy a carpet of $18k

Please don’t delete your account. I want N3xt to get that free bike cheesy

https://www.nairaland.com/2550211/general-topic-thread-to-discuss-anything/2387#104910034

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 5:48am On Feb 21, 2022
FEGEITOK:

Lack of straight cut wood at prices that will not break the bank is why MDF and HDF are so popular here.

The lack of investment and the lack of standardization is what makes Nigeria backwards, haven't been to South Africa, but I have a feeling they don't have this problem.

This issue is not limited to wood but also extends to steel.

I’ve stopped commercial welding because of this.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 5:53am On Feb 21, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

This issue is not limited to wood but also extends to steel.

I’ve stopped commercial welding because of this.

I'm beyond shocked.

This is not how to be the giant of Africa.

That title seems more appropriate to South Africa or Egypt.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MMotimo: 6:09am On Feb 21, 2022
LOL

It’s Balmain not Belman. As per pics below, authentic Balmain bags are also very much available in the second hand market place for a fraction of the cost.. . . .assuming purchaser is buying an authentic one. I daresay there’s a bigger market for fakes hahaha

Can the real #mazitalkanddo please stand up?

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 6:11am On Feb 21, 2022
FEGEITOK:

And this issue is getting compounded. I’ve been furniture shopping and I’ve had the opportunity to show my partner, a child of the 90’s, the difference between HDF/MDF based furniture and real wood furnitures. She was unaware and I wager that most Nigerians are unaware.

Even non MDF wood used in making all those puffy babalawo style sofas are rough and have no professional look. Hence why they’ll lather it up with pleather.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 6:16am On Feb 21, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

Please don’t delete your account. I want N3xt to get that free bike cheesy

https://www.nairaland.com/2550211/general-topic-thread-to-discuss-anything/2387#104910034

Please go back to that exchange. He wanted to force that promise on me and I gave him the response he deserved. If at all there was any promise there, it was a promise of “surprise package”. And I surely surprised him and his cohorts indeed. So that was not a promise of a bike
I no be mugu!

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Horlardorjah(m): 6:38am On Feb 21, 2022
sonnie10:

This is a beautiful bed. However, it lacks the mastery of craftsmanship. There are no woods joinery which is signature of higher quality woodwork.
Look at this piece in my guest room. Notice how individual 2 inches woods are joined to create a pattern that formed the headboard and foot of bed. Also notice the natural grains of the wood. Everything has its own frame, headboard, foot and side.
Those are the type of details I wish to start seeing by artisans.
Anyway, how many would pay $8k to make a bed set in Nigeria.

God bless you Sir, that's exactly my point. Lots of photos, links, videos of live projects done that I can share which are hand crafted n top notch but how many of our people here can afford to pay the premium. Yes those that will pay will do and they don't make noise n rant here all time.

We are ready to pay the premium abroad but can't here when we get down.
Someone said earlier that nairaland is bad for business, no not nairaland but some c*ckhead baby adult on the property section here makes it seem so once you don't align with their School of thought.
We must demand for the best as there is no excuse for any artisan to collect someone's hard earned money and throw it down the drain but it's wrong to conclude there are no credible and top notch service provider that can compete with foreigners if you have been dealing with the bad ones so far.
The individual should check him/herself to know what might be the factors getting him attracted to the wrong artisans.

I cum in peace

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Born2conquer: 7:07am On Feb 21, 2022
sonnie10:

Where is this?

You see why our economy is the way it is. The same thing is going on at almost every segment. No value added.
The same leather we export for 20k (less than $40) is processed and sold back to us for $1000 per whole cow size.
Similar situation with cocoa. A full jute bag of cocoa is sold for less than the price of a packet of chocolate bar.
The other day I saw processed finished oak plank of 6 feet length for $40 a piece on Home Depot. While we sell correct mahogany of 12 feet (unprocessed) for less than #5k ( about $5 for 6 feet length)
The biggest pocket drain. We export crude oil to pay subsidies for refined products, at the detriment of the country’s fiscal reserve.
Kano.
The dream is too big for them, they merely want to sell immediately and make cool money. The man even showed me a size enough to make a pair of shoes, he said 500naira.

The foreigners are seeing the untapped resources in Nigeria, the reason why they are coming in droves to set up companies in Nigeria, we can't blame ourselves sha because we have limited exposure on how to process things.

Why I low key fault those that have traveled and stayed for years over there, look at those things the whites are doing easily that we are still struggling with, come back and recreate it, you will make easy millions.

That is what PEAK did, peak used to import dairy milk for their milk production in Nigeria until they discovered that the Fulanis sell a liter for less than 500naira, guess what they did? They set up collection centers in various Fulani settlements, sensitize them on how to collect clean milk, and even helped them to plant pastures so their cattle won't have to graze long distances to feed.

The collection centers are now buying milk for 2k to 3k per liter daily from the Fulanis, win-win.

Fulanis Earns more without hawking THOUSANDS of miles just to earn 500naira
Peak milk also gets cheaper raw milk right in Nigeria.

We have many untapped resources in Nigeria, hardship no too make us see them

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Born2conquer: 7:10am On Feb 21, 2022
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 7:13am On Feb 21, 2022
It’s not me that would teach a woman about handbags. If she can’t tell the difference between exclusive limited edition and others, then I give up.
Again, I repeat that Balmain (the correct name on the picture, my bad) is $5000 last. Not available in any auction or even online.
I am surprised she doesn’t know these things. That the image she uploaded are totes, shopping bags, clutches and small size handbags which are usually cheaper for most women bags.
How could someone even try to compare Full leather Balmain that has leather emboldened logo to those made with the likes of fabric and synthetic materials.
It just speaks ignorance of the subject matter.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Johntemmy(m): 7:17am On Feb 21, 2022
Good morning.
Contact me today for your roofing woods, woodwork and woods for linted, decking, casting etc.
Call or Whatsapp.
All at shikini prices.

1 Like 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (2791) (2792) (2793) (2794) (2795) (2796) (2797) ... (3664) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.