Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,424 members, 7,822,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:31 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2839) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4412835 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2836) (2837) (2838) (2839) (2840) (2841) (2842) ... (3670) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jeff68: 6:54pm On Mar 15, 2022
Pls how much is 20tons filling sand? and if you can supply to Ibeju at the agreed rate.

thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 7:29pm On Mar 15, 2022
PrimeQuay:
I saw this clean installation of ppr pipes on Instagram. This is Tanzania (Africa) not the west.

The cost saving with the style is what intrigues me, limited breaking , less plastering = less cement & sand. Less labor.

It’s hammer and chisel our plumbers like grin

One day we will get there.

We can do better than this.

Check this Hemco Pipe for hot and cold pipe

Our Electrical piping is second to non.

If You are in Ibadan you can branch Akala road to check our on-going Electrical surface piping

9 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 8:01pm On Mar 15, 2022
Focusmind:

Very neat work - The block seems to be 4 inch sef.

But i think our own very Topsy or Skimanski can deliver something like this, even though people hardly invest in tools in Nigeria

Thanks for the mention
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessedpikin(m): 8:15pm On Mar 15, 2022
Professionals in the house I really need your advice. I’m worried about the circled area around the verandah of my build I told the engineer handling the project I’m not comfortable leaving the design like that hence he should introduce a pillar to support that angle cos of the weight. Please kindly advice

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 8:32pm On Mar 15, 2022
Blessedpikin:
Professionals in the house I really need your advice. I’m worried about the circled area around the verandah of my build I told the engineer handling the project I’m not comfortable leaving the design like that hence he should introduce a pillar to support that angle cos of the weight. Please kindly advice

To me having pillar is good to support the weight

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by veekid(m): 8:34pm On Mar 15, 2022
Blessedpikin:
I've seen structures like that without pillar nor support. However, how do you have it in your building plan?

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessedpikin(m): 8:40pm On Mar 15, 2022
topsy23:

To me having pillar is good to support the weight
Tanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessedpikin(m): 8:43pm On Mar 15, 2022
veekid:
I've seen structures like that without pillar nor support. However, how do you have it in your building plan?
Well that’s the way it is in the plan just that I had a change of mind for the roofing style to accommodate parapet.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by RockOfAgesAlumi(m): 9:08pm On Mar 15, 2022
Blessedpikin:

Well that’s the way it is in the plan just that I had a change of mind for the roofing style to accommodate parapet.

Sir as am looking at it I think is okay like that because if the pillar is there the beauty of the house will not show anymore and if you look at the ralings shape it also add to the beauty of the house so I think you should leave it like that sir
Thanks

1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 9:30pm On Mar 15, 2022
Blessedpikin:

I love how spyder880 did it on one of his.
Same thing done here by Rotec. But I think reenforcement matters a lot here at the beams.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by oyinmio: 9:35pm On Mar 15, 2022
I can't see the pillar supporting the cantilever as you have it in the 3D
Blessedpikin:

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Kingdemu: 9:43pm On Mar 15, 2022
Pls can someone explain to me in lay man language, with pics if possible, the following terms:

Parapet
Cantiliver
Void

Thank you so much.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BiigTee: 10:11pm On Mar 15, 2022
Your build looks perfect the way it is.. It's called a cantilever and thats the beauty of the house.. I strongly believe if u didn't trust ur engineer enough u shouldn't have employed his services but since u already have.. U might as well stick to him.. Personally I wouldn't trade my cantilever for anything! I had to go the extra mile to ensure my build had it!..

Blessedpikin:
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 10:12pm On Mar 15, 2022
PrimeQuay:
I saw this clean installation of ppr pipes on Instagram. This is Tanzania (Africa) not the west.

The cost saving with the style is what intrigues me, limited breaking , less plastering = less cement & sand. Less labor.

Topsy23 most likely does a neater job than this. I've seen his jobs.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 10:17pm On Mar 15, 2022

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 10:50pm On Mar 15, 2022
Blessedpikin:
If the lintel is locked and keyed properly I see no problem there, I have two of that on my build and its fine

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by stnkembu(m): 10:58pm On Mar 15, 2022
UC92:

The thought process here is almost similar to that of yemi2plus.

1. Don't you want the occupant of the rentable room to be cooking?
2. The laundry is a wet area and won't function well at that point you have it. For a laundry space, consider plumbing, light, a space like a verandah where one can hang-dry clothes during rain or when there is no dryer.
3. Your ducts are poorly positioned and represented.
4. The lobby at the first floor is dead.
5. It will be nice if you can increase the width of the family Lounge by 600mm.

Thanks a lot. I sincerely appreciate.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessedpikin(m): 11:24pm On Mar 15, 2022
erico2k2:

If the lintel is locked and keyed properly I see no problem there, I have two of that on my build and its fine
Tanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 6:54am On Mar 16, 2022
Good morning my people in the house
I still have this Turkey entrance, rooms and kitchen doors in stuck

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 6:55am On Mar 16, 2022
Doors

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 7:15am On Mar 16, 2022
https://www.nairaland.com/6564561/pop-design-tv-wall-installation

We are still available

Contact on profile

Pop
Screeding
Tv walls
Pre cast paraphet

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by QSFemi(m): 9:05am On Mar 16, 2022
How much?

DFAMEGUY11S:
Doors
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 9:09am On Mar 16, 2022
QSFemi:
How much?

for which one sir send me the one you want or chap me so that i can send you more pictures of it with their prices
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 10:35am On Mar 16, 2022
PrimeQuay:

Check this also. Our Ibadan Project

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 12:35pm On Mar 16, 2022
Localman is on a day trip in Lekki. It’s nice to see the names from here like Ogombo, etc

I’m counting down the minutes to flee back to my village cheesy
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Regisster: 12:54pm On Mar 16, 2022
Good day all, please i need help with this quotation from my plumber, the quote is for a 3 bedroom external plumbing to the septic tank/soak away as well as installing the tank on the concrete slab of the said building, with two taps outside the house, i am more concerned with the quantity of pipes he quoted and his workmanship, he said its 4 inches pipe that is used for both waste water and (sh!t) and he quoted 33 pieces, attached is the quote, thanks all.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 1:27pm On Mar 16, 2022
EgunMogaji2:
Localman is on a day trip in Lekki. It’s nice to see the names from here like Ogombo, etc

No, l will call some omonile in Lekki Axis to detain you, compel you to buy a land, build it and you will write an undertaking to relocate PERMANENTLY from Ibadan to live in Lagos grin

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 1:39pm On Mar 16, 2022
AngelicBeing:
No, l will call some omonile in Lekki Axis to detain you, compel you to buy a land, build it and you will write an undertaking to relocate PERMANENTLY from Ibadan to live in Lagos grin

We were thinking the same thing. I already set my guys on motion. smiley

Hajji M.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ShadowCracker(m): 1:40pm On Mar 16, 2022
Ppr(water supply) , Pvc(waste) we are too good at the plumbing job cheesy cheesy.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 1:43pm On Mar 16, 2022
mufutau55:

We were thinking the same thing. I already set my guys on motion. smiley

Hajji M.
Gbam, gbamer, gbamest, anything to pull The big masquerade from Ibadan to Lagos is allowed grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by badbreathcure101: 1:58pm On Mar 16, 2022
Blessedpikin:
you told the engineer? Which means you didn't an architectural design first.. honestly I don't know the kind juju they are using on u clients
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bobkezel(m): 2:13pm On Mar 16, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

Local man can not can't anymore...

(1) (2) (3) ... (2836) (2837) (2838) (2839) (2840) (2841) (2842) ... (3670) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Shady92(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.