Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,127 members, 7,821,862 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:18 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2841) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4410173 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2838) (2839) (2840) (2841) (2842) (2843) (2844) ... (3670) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 3:25pm On Mar 17, 2022
tikristinimi21:

@topsy23 how can this return of bad odour be .corrected. It's a serious concern in my build.

Better to separate the waste pipe and soil pipe. Also tell your plumber to use magic waste for all the wash hand basin and also use floor drain with trap.

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 4:19pm On Mar 17, 2022
https://www.nairaland.com/6564561/pop-design-tv-wall-installation/64#111120771

We will always Deliver!!!

We reproduce the same design again!
Call us for

Pop
Wall screeding
Pre cast paraphet
Tv walls

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by iammarvellux(m): 4:47pm On Mar 17, 2022
*ZYLUS COURT 3 BEDROOM BUNGALOW*

*NOW OPEN FOR SALE

Zylus Court Bungalow features spacious units of elegantly designed *3 Bedroom bungalow* and is the place you need to be, the perfect place to make your home, the place that offers peace, comfort, and serenity. With over good occupancy rate in the estate and each unit is designed to provide ample space and openness for splendid living arrangements.

Zylus Court Bungalow offers excellent facilities, all rooms ensuite and contemporary architectural designs open-concept floor plans, and functional layouts ideal for homeowners at any life stage. It's has a spacious living room, master bedroom, kitchen and space for 3 car park.

*TITLE*
Governor’s Consent

*LOCATION*
Lekki-Epe Expressway, Adjacent Beach Wood Estate, Bogije-Ajah, Lagos.

*Promo Price:*- *N29,500,000*(Closing on the 31st of March)

*Pay Initial Deposit of N7,000,000 and Spread Balance For 8months*

*FEATURES*
-Perimeter Fencing
-Good Road
-Electricity
-Security
-Management Office Building
-Recreational Centre
-Solar Powered Streetlights
-CCTV Surveillance Cameras
-Smart Homes Features (Based on clients’ request with extra charges)

Remember, Ninety percent of all millionaires become so through owning real estate. – *Andrew Carnegie*

For more information, chat/call on +2348038781738.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abuiltech(m): 4:55pm On Mar 17, 2022
topsy23:

Better to separate the waste pipe and soil pipe. Also tell your plumber to use magic waste for all the wash hand basin and also use floor drain with trap.

Thanks

It's better if the magic waste is trapped or using bottle trap for WHB
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 6:21pm On Mar 17, 2022
tikristinimi21:

@topsy23 how can this return of bad odour be .corrected. It's a serious concern in my build.

I have the same issue in my bq.

1) Redo the exterior plumbing.

2) Create s new path of least resistance by venting the soakaway directly.

3) Do the internal drains properly as pictured. Introduce a P trap.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 6:23pm On Mar 17, 2022
diordaves:

Any pictures to show us? I've never been to that axis before or better put, I may have been near to that axis over 30 years ago.

Unfortunately no pictures.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by true2home(m): 7:58pm On Mar 17, 2022
Anywhere that is trending will always look nice!!! The issue i have with that place are two: Unstable Land and Life_wasting Traffic. KO MAKE ANY SENSE to Me ooo, I repeat to ME!!!

To each its own. I will not leave America to suffer because of peer pressure grin

EgunMogaji2:

On a serious note they do have nice structures.

I went to an estate off of that Ogombo and I near broke my neck from looking left and right at massive homes.

Please for anyone that feels there’s no money in Nigeria please double your hustle,

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 8:21pm On Mar 17, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

I have the same issue in my bq.

1) Redo the exterior plumbing.

2) Create s new path of least resistance by venting the soakaway directly.

3) Do the internal drains properly as pictured. Introduce a P trap.

J-bend is what they called trap. It will retain some water and prevent odour from coming in
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rajput4real93: 8:25pm On Mar 17, 2022
topsy23:

J-bend is what they called trap. It will retain some water and prevent odour from coming in
Please which is better between bottle trap and P trap?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 8:52pm On Mar 17, 2022
rajput4real93:

Both work.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 9:05pm On Mar 17, 2022
rajput4real93:

Bottle trap is for wash hand basin and kitchen sink while the P or S-trap is for for the installation of bathtub

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rajput4real93: 10:18pm On Mar 17, 2022
topsy23:

Bottle trap is for wash hand basin and kitchen sink while the P or S-trap is for for the installation of bathtub
Thanks baba
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rajput4real93: 10:19pm On Mar 17, 2022
KolaShangOne:

Both work.
Thanks baba
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 11:02pm On Mar 17, 2022
true2home:
Anywhere that is trending will always look nice!!! The issue i have with that place are two: Unstable Land and Life_wasting Traffic. KO MAKE ANY SENSE to Me ooo, I repeat to ME!!!

To each its own. I will not leave America to suffer because of peer pressure grin

I snuck in and out via the Epe/Ijebu Ode route and it was midday during the week.

Every indication makes me feel it would have been a traffic nightmare if I went through Lagos township.

Abeg stay in Murica and help grow my social security nest egg cheesy

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 11:35pm On Mar 17, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

I can’t do it. In fact I don’t even want Epe anymore.

Ibadan is for me.

Lagos will fit you sha✓ grin

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by oolusola2: 11:55pm On Mar 17, 2022
sonnie10:

I have always wondered too. Since there is no contact between foundation blocks and the continuation blocks because of the nylon. It would appear the building is suspended and not have firm grip on the foundation. This is not actually true. But looking at it in-depth, the columns and beams are what actually hold the building and very little weight goes to the blocks. Which are still rested on the beams anyway..

So the advantage of having the damp proof membrane ( nylon) outweighs the effect of the negligible air gap at that joint.

Thanks for this eye opener. Seem I understand the basis now, I use to think is the sand and cement mixture applied at each block edges that bind the building. So you mean the entire building is only sitting on the foundation but the column and beam provide the support
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 2:06am On Mar 18, 2022
oolusola2:

Thanks for this eye opener. Seem I understand the basis now, I use to think is the sand and cement mixture applied at each block edges that bind the building. So you mean the entire building is only sitting on the foundation but the column and beam provide the support

Not all buildings have columns and beams.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by badbreathcure101: 5:10am On Mar 18, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

Not all buildings have columns and beams.
then it's a substandard building which meets no code.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by debeey87(m): 8:53am On Mar 18, 2022
The open space with stones, how do you intend to control grass growing there. Thanks
EgunMogaji2:
I need education on covering material for my new carport.

The top criteria is lightweight followed by longevity.

The leading candidates are danpalon and tarpaulin.

Would like to hear your thoughts.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 9:01am On Mar 18, 2022
How do people using stamped concrete cope with the heat it generates/retains in the compound or it is not peculiar to stamped concrete flooring alone?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 9:08am On Mar 18, 2022
debeey87:
The open space with stones, how do you intend to control grass growing there. Thanks

There's at least 4 to 6 inches of granite. Any grass that grows deserves an award. But if they do a quick spray with "Weed B Gon" will sort it out.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 10:07am On Mar 18, 2022
somehow:
How do people using stamped concrete cope with the heat it generates/retains in the compound or it is not peculiar to stamped concrete flooring alone?

This is why I've previously said go green. Design the compound to use minimal concrete flooring and then plant grass in the majority. But una say una no get power to maw or cut grass and una dey fear snake. So make una manage the heat.

The heat generated no be here o. I dey tell you.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 11:56am On Mar 18, 2022
Rumour has it that the prices of cable will be review upward pretty soon.. stay tune.. lipsrsealed
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Valuepaints20(m): 12:20pm On Mar 18, 2022
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by beaulahestate(m): 1:26pm On Mar 18, 2022
*PRIME ITUNU ESTATE, LEKKI EPE EXPRESSWAY IBEJU LEKKI*

Unveiling Itunu Residential, Site and Service Plots.
An evergreen land that sits at Aiyetoro, *Ibeju-Lekki LGA, facing the Lekki-Epe Expressway.*

This is a residential space with a natural appeal, perfect for holiday get-aways and a sweet escape from the hustle and bustle of Lagos.

Residential Plot Sizes available in 300sqm and 500sqm

Title: Government Allocated CofO

Prices:
300sqm - N11.5m
500sqm - N16m
All inclusive of Other Statutory Charges

Flexible payment plan available for up to 12 months.

Estate Features:

- Good road network
- 24/7 Security
- Family entertainment center
- Good Drainages
- Portable Water
- Landscapes
- Electricity

*NEIGHBOURHOOD

- Alaro City
- Lekki Airport
- Dangote Refinery
- Lekki Free Trade Zone
- Epe Resort & Spa
- Jubillee Resort Epe
- Eleganza Industrial City

For Assistance Call/DM

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 2:51pm On Mar 18, 2022
twinskenny:
Rumour has it that the prices of cable will be review upward pretty soon.. stay tune.. lipsrsealed
it's not a rumor but confirmed that there's a continuous upward review of iron. Reason is the current cost of diesel which goes for around 750
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 3:59pm On Mar 18, 2022
diordaves:

This is why I've previously said go green. Design the compound to use minimal concrete flooring and then plant grass in the majority. But una say una no get power to maw or cut grass and una dey fear snake. So make una manage the heat.

The heat generated no be here o. I dey tell you.

I have not gotten to that stage sir and no, I don't really like stamped concrete flooring, I raised this because of the heat that almost fried my kidneys when I visited a place of recent.

It was like I was standing on an opened oven.

When I get to that part, I will surely come back here to seek the best design available.. A mix of grass and solid pathway for foot and cars..

That is If the above is possible.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Gigaset: 4:12pm On Mar 18, 2022
You are wrong my brother in Germany you can build up to 4 storey without a single pillar
badbreathcure101:
then it's a substandard building which meets no code.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 4:22pm On Mar 18, 2022
The Nigerian Building Code for anyone interested.

https://epp.lagosstate.gov.ng/regulations/National_Building_Code_of_Nigeria_2006.pdf

In case I go missing please send a search party, Seuns antispambot might have kidnapped me.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by veekid(m): 4:26pm On Mar 18, 2022
Gigaset:
You are wrong my brother in Germany you can build up to 4 storey without a single pillar
the way pple compare developed nations to Nigeria will never amaze me anymore. Like whaaaaaaat
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cash1115(m): 4:30pm On Mar 18, 2022
Pop @ affordable price

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 4:56pm On Mar 18, 2022
cash1115:
Pop @ affordable price

The second and last design, how much per square meter?
Including materials and excluding materials.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2838) (2839) (2840) (2841) (2842) (2843) (2844) ... (3670) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: bolseas(f), BashyBuilds, topsy23, dareh85 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.