Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,636 members, 7,820,231 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:52 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2842) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4402880 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2839) (2840) (2841) (2842) (2843) (2844) (2845) ... (3669) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cash1115(m): 8:24pm On Mar 18, 2022
sonnie10:

The second and last design, how much per square meter?
Including materials and excluding materials.
pls let me know the particular ones
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 10:25pm On Mar 18, 2022
cash1115:
pls let me know the particular ones

You posted 3 pictures. Was referring to the last two
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Drdreluv: 11:00pm On Mar 18, 2022
Hello house

I contacted a pop man to do a job for me and he charged #6000 per SQ meter for labour and material, like two bags remain and he is insisting he will go with it, is that how it's done ?

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rajput4real93: 11:22pm On Mar 18, 2022
Drdreluv:
Hello house

I contacted a pop man to do a job for me and he charged #6000 per SQ meter for labour and material, like two bags remain and he is insisting he will go with it, is that how it's done ?
If you paid him #6000 per sqm and he bought the materials from what you paid him, then he owns the remaining bags of pop cement. Assuming you only paid him for workmanship, and you bought the pop cement by yourself or he helped you, then you own the remaining bags. My opinion!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 12:26am On Mar 19, 2022

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 3:40am On Mar 19, 2022
Drdreluv:
Hello house

since you paid for labour and materials,he owns the leftover materials.

Think of it like this,if he needed two extra bags to complete his job, you will insist he buys them to complete the job, in same vein,he will have to go with the excess he purchased cause that's part of his profit

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BiigTee: 4:01am On Mar 19, 2022
Good morning Esteemed members of this reputable forum.. I have a question.. Anyone who has been through Lekki - epe express would notice beautiful buildings with one very huge problem.. Discolored shingles.. It's just like a black patch that grows on the roofing.. From my research I got to know it is algae.

1. How can one avoid this?
2. Are there specific colours of shingles (roof tiles) that are more prone to these algae growth and discolouration
3. Does this have anything to do with ur inferior shingles?
4. How can this be avoided??

Attached to this post are pictures of what I am talking about.

I have gotten to the roofing stage on my build and I really wouldn't want to make any mistake!

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 4:12am On Mar 19, 2022
Drdreluv:
Hello house

In your scenario he owns it.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 4:57am On Mar 19, 2022
BiigTee:
Good morning Esteemed members of this reputable forum.. I have a question.. Anyone who has been through Lekki - epe express would notice beautiful buildings with one very huge problem.. Discolored shingles.. It's just like a black patch that grows on the roofing.. From my research I got to know it is algae.

2. Are there specific colours of shingles (roof tiles) that are more prone to these algae growth and discolouration

I have gotten to the roofing stage on my build and I really wouldn't want to make any mistake!
Those pictures are not from Nigeria building. Those discoloration mostly are from the heating system

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by UC92: 5:40am On Mar 19, 2022
Drdreluv:
Hello house

The remaining two bags might even be his only profit.
You wan chop person profit? grin

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Johntemmy(m): 5:59am On Mar 19, 2022
Good morning.
contact me today for your roofing woods ,woodwork and woods for linted ,decking ,casting etc all at shikini money.
Deliver to sites prices.
Thank you.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 6:38am On Mar 19, 2022
Drdreluv:
Hello house

Absolutely

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Drdreluv: 6:55am On Mar 19, 2022
undecided
rajput4real93:

If you paid him #6000 per sqm and he bought the materials from what you paid him, then he owns the remaining bags of pop cement. Assuming you only paid him for workmanship, and you bought the pop cement by yourself or he helped you, then you own the remaining bags. My opinion!
Thanks for clearification
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Drdreluv: 7:04am On Mar 19, 2022
UC92:

The remaining two bags might even be his only profit.
You wan chop person profit? grin
Hmmm thank u sir

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by UC92: 7:57am On Mar 19, 2022
Drdreluv:
Hmmm thank u sir
My Oga, na joke I dey o.
Good morning sir.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BiigTee: 8:52am On Mar 19, 2022
I am well aware they aren't Nigerian buildings.. But similar discolourations occur in Nigerian buildings....
sonnie10:

Those pictures are not from Nigeria building. Those discoloration mostly are from the heating system
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 9:54am On Mar 19, 2022
Thank you ado ekiti for hosting Us...

https://www.nairaland.com/6564561/pop-design-tv-wall-installation/64

Thanks to our client for the opportunity..

Pop
Stone wall
Window hood

Who's hosting us next?

07088534661 whatsapp
Timely delivery is sure..

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abudu2000(m): 10:03am On Mar 19, 2022
happy weekend to you all

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 10:04am On Mar 19, 2022
bolu1986:

Pop
Stone wall
Window hood

Who's hosting us next?

07088534661 whatsapp

Congratulations.

Mo jeri eyin oni pop, won bi iya eyan kile ma doti cheesy

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 10:09am On Mar 19, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

Congratulations.

Thank you sir

Beeeni o but a ma clean e grin grin

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 10:11am On Mar 19, 2022
bolu1986:

Pop
Stone wall
Window hood

Who's hosting us next?

07088534661 whatsapp

Well done aburo..
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dbshaywhy(m): 11:24am On Mar 19, 2022
Good morning house... I need one who can supply me 8 pieces of design 9" wooden frame and 5 pieces of the normal wooden frame ASAP in sagamu... As wall plastering starts on Monday...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Ajeeb: 11:37am On Mar 19, 2022
A full plot of land is available for sale
At Muslim Estate
Obada Oko
Abeokuta
Price: #300,000
Call: 08144847109
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 2:23pm On Mar 19, 2022
BiigTee:
I am well aware they aren't Nigerian buildings.. But similar discolourations occur in Nigerian buildings....

Top grade roofing sheets are very expensive eg Tilcor, withtech, gireld. The less expensive ones that are equally good should be those with brand name directly from the company. But not all is as good.
Just buy from trusted names.

We did about 900 square meters recently from a reputable company based on previous work done.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Greenarrow01(m): 3:05pm On Mar 19, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

I snuck in and out via the Epe/Ijebu Ode route and it was midday during the week.

Every indication makes me feel it would have been a traffic nightmare if I went through Lagos township.

Abeg stay in Murica and help grow my social security nest egg cheesy

Good afternoon daddy
Is there a direct road from Ibadan to ijebu then epe
Without having to follow Lekki epe road ? I mean coming from Ibadan

And pls how is the distance like, I mean drive time
And also is the road good.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 3:19pm On Mar 19, 2022
Greenarrow01:

Good afternoon daddy
Is there a direct road from Ibadan to ijebu then epe
Without having to follow Lekki epe road ? I mean coming from Ibadan

And pls how is the distance like, I mean drive time
And also is the road good.

If you're going to Epe, then just take Ibadan to Ijebu Ode (75% good road), then Ijebu Ode to Epe (95% good road).

Alternatively, Ibadan to Sagamu on Lagos/Ibadan Expressway (90% good road) then Ijebu Ode/Epe road (80% good road).

I think it took me about 2 hours to get to Epe from Ibadan going at around 55mph.

The road from Ijebu Ode/Epe off of Ore/Sagamu road junction is 100% good. I totalled my BMW power bike on there last year.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Greenarrow01(m): 3:27pm On Mar 19, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

If you're going to Epe, then just take Ibadan to Ijebu Ode (75% good road), then Ijebu Ode to Epe (95% good road).

Alternatively, Ibadan to Sagamu on Lagos/Ibadan Expressway (90% good road) then Ijebu Ode/Epe road (80% good road).

I think it took me about 2 hours to get to Epe from Ibadan going at around 55mph.

The road from Ijebu Ode/Epe off of Ore/Sagamu road junction is 100% good. I totalled my BMW power bike on there last year.

God bless you for this fine analysis

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 9:42pm On Mar 19, 2022
We smart this house in abeokuta...

Lovely building..
Smart lighting (including strip light)
Whole house audio system with central control
Intercom
IP cctv cameras
3 screen video door bell..

08051355133 WhatsApp and let's plan together

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cash1115(m): 2:13am On Mar 20, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

Congratulations.

ogami awa Oni pop a ma n tun ilese ni ooo

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cash1115(m): 2:17am On Mar 20, 2022
sonnie10:

You posted 3 pictures. Was referring to the last two
5000 upward
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cash1115(m): 2:23am On Mar 20, 2022
When it comes To pop ceilling, wall screeding, artwork, tv console. We are the best, our reputation speaks for us, contact us on 07069462837. Thanks we have never disappoint, we give our best to satisfy our clients, our reputation speaks for us mostly here on nairaland

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AlphaTaikun: 3:08am On Mar 20, 2022
BiigTee:

Lekki-Epe Insights.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (2839) (2840) (2841) (2842) (2843) (2844) (2845) ... (3669) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: diordaves(m), en0uwem, Emrys1889 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.