Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,111 members, 7,828,958 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:34 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2887) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4428047 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2884) (2885) (2886) (2887) (2888) (2889) (2890) ... (3674) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 4:30pm On Mar 29, 2022
FEGEITOK:
I know someone who was invited to Government House, flight paid for, accomodation given at Government House Guest House for 2 weeks, but after all said and done didn't make up to 1 million from working on that short assignment.

This same guy was later given jobs worth hundreds of millions of Naira due to the relationships he fostered during that job that paid him in hundreds of thousands when when he was expecting a million or millions at most.

So manage small contracts well, cause you never know what doors contacts that give you small deals can open.

Adedward well done.

I sold a plot to a client from Abuja. He was so intrigued by my service. According to him everything was as I said.

So he brought his friends who bought additional 5 plots.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by platorepublic(m): 4:38pm On Mar 29, 2022
Can 10 bundles of colored iron sheet roof 3bedroom flat?
More so, how is a bundle of colored roofing sheets.
This is very urgent
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by princenomics: 5:56pm On Mar 29, 2022
@redgem.
I reside in Benin. HS broker helped me with the woods. Though he promised 12 feet but what he supplied were between 8 to 10 feet. But the woods were of good quality. Talk to both your carpenter and Engineer. You can get 12 feet wood in Benin.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 5:59pm On Mar 29, 2022
princenomics:
@redgem.
I reside in Benin. HS broker helped me with the woods. Though he promised 12 feet but what he supplied were between 8 to 10 feet. But the woods were of good quality. Talk to both your carpenter and Engineer. You can get 12 feet wood in Benin.

With which money?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 6:37pm On Mar 29, 2022
redgem:

I have already fallen for it... There was no actual agreement..... I called him to talk to him after he was recommended by a friend.
Him: I can supply you quality wood, direct from the bush.
Me: Okay, what is the price?
Him: Let me call my supplier and confirm the price...

That was it. He called back to tell me and I sent the money to him immediately... I didn't bother to disturb him because I felt it may take some time..only for him to call me yesterday that prices have increased.

Call this number for wood in Benin
Pat 07038885216
Sapele Rd
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:05pm On Mar 29, 2022
rotecch77:

I don’t have permanent supplier now in that Axis I buy anywhere I see cheaper rate. Cost of things are not smiling now
But for sand you can go to ilaje area very close to vgc you will see those China truck there loading direct from lagoon at good rate

———/-
In other news this our ongoing duplex remodeling is coming out gradually by gradually.

NL good clients thanks oo

Good job!

________
What about suppliers association wahala?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by autonaero(m): 7:17pm On Mar 29, 2022
PrimeQuay:

Any idea on 30 tons ?
30tons is charged #80,000 (cost of sand; exclusive of transport)

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abuiltech(m): 7:19pm On Mar 29, 2022
rotecch77:

I don’t have permanent supplier now in that Axis I buy anywhere I see cheaper rate. Cost of things are not smiling now
But for sand you can go to ilaje area very close to vgc you will see those China truck there loading direct from lagoon at good rate

———/-
In other news this our ongoing duplex remodeling is coming out gradually by gradually.

NL good clients thanks oo

Weldone bro! I wish you best
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:27pm On Mar 29, 2022
sonnie10:

That issue as at yesterday was like settled muddy water. To get clean water, you have to apply wisdom. You needed to thread with caution in order to get your money back or the woods you ordered for.

Now it appears that the water has been shaken, so the strategy I suggested might no longer be effective because you have given him a hint of what is to come.

I suspect the next issue he might attach to that now would be a concocted amount of how much he has spent to go to the bush for you.

Wisdom is necessary in dealing with people.

Good luck.

Just thinking aloud. What if the guy has no ulterior motives?

I went the bush wood route in one of my personal build and I can still tell you some of the woods supplied to me are still lying on the floor unperturbed after many years.

I had to reward the supplier 7 years later when I realized I wasn’t cheated.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 7:32pm On Mar 29, 2022
abuiltech:

Weldone bro! I wish you best
Thanks chief
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by flexyonline: 7:43pm On Mar 29, 2022
n3xt:

I went the bush wood route in one of my personal build and I can still tell you some of the woods supplied to me are still lying on the floor unperturbed after many years.

After seven years ………. Take it easy sir!

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 7:43pm On Mar 29, 2022
n3xt:

Good job!

________
What about suppliers association wahala?
There are there ooo, all naa rugged movements/ discussion with them, those are the challenges contractor, engr etc do face in most cases when searching for cheaper materials to meet cleint budget.
That is why I like to handle cost of Labour and contractor charges only now.unless client stated otherwise This system is the best
Unless for someone that has another negative motives about client materials
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 8:28pm On Mar 29, 2022
autonaero:

30tons is charged #80,000 (cost of sand; exclusive of transport)

In ajah/lekki area, yes you are right .. on feb when we stated this project I bought sand + transport to site =75k now 90k
Same thing with granite direct from quarry full 30tonnes 220k quoted for cleint also bought it same then.
Now 340-350k the one I bought yesterday
TM tiger rod was 450k then now 590k
Just on this February oooo
Am sweating under Ac now but my client is a well understandable someone.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 8:28pm On Mar 29, 2022
Looking for stainless steel for skirting in Ibadan..

An alternative will be PVC floor skirting..
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 8:31pm On Mar 29, 2022
I don't know where we're headed as a country.

This isn't inflation, this is hyper inflation and I don't know how it can get worse

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:39pm On Mar 29, 2022
flexyonline:

Go inside most roofs after 1 year, you’d understand why I chose to reward my supplier after 7 years. A lot of wood we buy in the market get infested at most 9 months after installation.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Videour(m): 8:43pm On Mar 29, 2022
n3xt:

the kind lie you dey lie here na only God fit forgive you.

12 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 8:44pm On Mar 29, 2022
n3xt:

She can only find out by going to sawmill herself. But righ now she need to act fast before story enter. Trust but verify.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 8:47pm On Mar 29, 2022
flexyonline:

grin grin

8 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:56pm On Mar 29, 2022
sonnie10:

She can only find out by going to sawmill herself. But righ now she need to act fast before story enter. Trust but verify.

As a first timer, which sawmill will she go to?
For instance, the price of wood in Ebute Metta, Lagos cannot be compared with sawmills in other parts of Lagos. Likewise the quality of wood you’d get.

Also woods sourced from the Bush are more complete than wood gotten from the open market. On pricing too. Wood from the Bush are likely to be more expensive if standard is adhered to.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 9:00pm On Mar 29, 2022
twinskenny:

grin grin

Mo kan nta epo lo ni grin

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Greenarrow01(m): 9:20pm On Mar 29, 2022
n3xt:

The woods
7 years on the floor or. Under the roofing

If on the floor
Did you put them in a shade away from weather elements.

Tori
7 years no be 7 months ooooo

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abuiltech(m): 9:24pm On Mar 29, 2022
n3xt:

Inside life! Ninu Aye

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 9:27pm On Mar 29, 2022
abuiltech:

[/b]

Inside life! Ninu Aye

Nkan nbe

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 9:28pm On Mar 29, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

Mo kan nta epo lo ni grin

Daddy e ti n wo TikTok ju

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 9:32pm On Mar 29, 2022
twinskenny:

Daddy e ti n wo TikTok ju

Walahi

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DUNKA(m): 9:32pm On Mar 29, 2022
n3xt:

Your lies no even get sense again. Pressure is mounting and Maga must pay na. grin 2022 is hot. Your hubris is your sure downfall.

No fear of God in your fradulent life.

Haba this place is not a kindergarten fa wink

10 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DUNKA(m): 9:39pm On Mar 29, 2022
Videour:
the kind lie you dey lie here na only God fit forgive you.
It is in his blood and can't help himself grin

Nairaland number 1 builder I hail you.

People shine your eyes oh the wounded lion is hungry and desperate and seeking who to devour smiley

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Stopthecap: 9:44pm On Mar 29, 2022
Let our fraudster builder keep telling more fantabulous lies and stories...

Everyone who has eyes to see can decipher the difference between action and words(lies)

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DUNKA(m): 9:48pm On Mar 29, 2022
n3xt:

Go inside most roofs after 1 year, you’d understand why I chose to reward my supplier after 7 years. A lot of wood we buy in the market get infested at most 9 months after installation.
For a builder that claims he is currently handling numerous projects simultaneously you sure do have a lot of time posting on Nairaland shocked

Or do you have supervisors on all the sites following NextHome's foolproof and tested building systems for a totally satisfying build? grin

No vex I want learn how you do it grin

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Godisgreatest1: 9:49pm On Mar 29, 2022
Just imagine lie that took away my network now i'm on 2G...SMH.

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DUNKA(m): 9:50pm On Mar 29, 2022
Stopthecap:
Let our fraudster builder keep telling more fantabulous lies and stories...

Everyone who has eyes to see can decipher the difference between action and words(lies)
I tell you bosun is delusional cool

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2884) (2885) (2886) (2887) (2888) (2889) (2890) ... (3674) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.