Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,929 members, 7,828,235 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:04 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2889) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4427093 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2886) (2887) (2888) (2889) (2890) (2891) (2892) ... (3674) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 8:14am On Mar 30, 2022
sonnie10:

That is, if one is on ground and knows the specific sizes and quantities of materials required.

I contacted a factory, and they gave me pricing but told me I needed someone to interpret the documents they sent me.

I am mentioning this because Nigeria is a dumping ground, and some contractors will go for the cheapest material and not the best quality materials, and you will live with the consequences when they are long gone

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Johntemmy(m): 8:24am On Mar 30, 2022
Good morning..
Contact me today for your roofing woods woodwork and woods for linted decking casting etc all at shikini prices.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by justified007: 8:38am On Mar 30, 2022
Good morning Bosses ,

I need to screed some parts of my build and I am confused on the process to apply. Someone recommended screeding with POP materials and another one said I should buy screeding paint . Please which of these is the best ?

Then , I noticed many people are now using window blinds in place of curtains these days. What are the advantages of window blinds over curtains?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 8:42am On Mar 30, 2022
Greenarrow01:

No vex
I read meanings to it

Vex ke?

Me way I know neuroscience like the back of my hands. Let me explain but the question first.

Why would one be peppered by ordinary pictures and another is happy to see the same pictures?

The normal human brain is good at storing information. Once the eyes see any image, that information is permanently stored in a section of the brain. They are left there in the memory. It could be images of anything, house, car, shoes, luxury bags, money etc. Depending on the individual, seeing such images again would trigger the secretion of particular chemicals in the brain called neurotransmitters.. Have you ever perceived a perfume and it reminds you of something? That is what these chemicals in the brain do. It could be the chemicals responsible for negative emotions or those responsible for positive emotions. It all depend on how ones genes have been marked. Some people, their genes are marked with hate and sadness while others their genes are marked with joy and happiness. In Nigeria, the negative ones are called generational curse because genes are transferred from parents to offspring., that they are inherited. An individual can also develop this trait on his/her own over time. Like in PTSD. The concept of nature and nurture. However, there is scientific bases for it. It is called gene marker in genomics. Very important facet in genetic coding.

For those individuals whose genes are marked for sadness, things that would naturally cause joy will trigger sadness. They can't control it, it is just who they are. It is a mental problem, sometimes leading to obsession or some compulsive disorder.

Next time, when you see someone being triggered by pictures, don't be surprised because there is correlation between their state of mind, the picture, and their outburst -being peppered. This is not something to mock anyone about because all they need is help ,

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 8:43am On Mar 30, 2022
justified007:
Good morning Bosses ,

I need to screed some parts of my build and I am confused on the process to apply. Someone recommended screeding with POP materials and another one said I should buy screeding paint . Please which of these is the best ?

Then , I noticed many people are now using window blinds in place of curtains these days. What are the advantages of window blinds over curtains?

All I know is that pop cement when it comes into contact with water deteriorates.

So I used ordinary cement for my wall screeding.

Lots of excellent posts on the issue on this site.

To do screeding, you need screeding paint, screeding cement, some form of glue and water. So the issue now is what is your source for the screeding paint, lots of local brands and even the paint majors make screeding paint too, I believe our resident paint maestro also makes screeding paint. What you go for is a matter of budget, taste and preference.

I did notice though that with the paint majors, they say their screeding paint is ready to go, once purchased, no need to mix anything.

But when I wanted to do my screeding for my chosen brand there was no pail in Abuja so I had to go ahead without them.

I will let others answer the rest of your questions.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GloriousGbola: 9:03am On Mar 30, 2022
FEGEITOK:

I use Schneider. I think they are pretty good.

Please which batteries did you have issues with?

I made inquiries and found out official distributors for the brand of battery in Nigeria I wanted to buy and paid for the same directly from the officially recognized resale channels.

fullriver - from a contact
mercury - always bought from coscharis

though this was like 8 years ago or so.

unfortunately it is also quite possible that staff within the companies can also be running scams. batteries do not show signs of physical wear and tear. and they have no serial numbers. so i can just swap out brand new batteries with used batteries and the customer will be none the wiser.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Larwin(m): 9:03am On Mar 30, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

Mo kan nta epo lo ni grin

Shey inside the Gwagon he gave the carpenter

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 9:14am On Mar 30, 2022
MEM SOLAR PANELS AVAILABLE!

Authentic panels which watts/capacity are inscribed directly beneath glass surface.

Durable complete cell solar panel prices;

270w panel mono .. 63k
300w panel mono....65k
380w panel mono....85k

For further enquiry/transaction;
Contact,
Smartcell global services
☎️ CALL LINE: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::::: http://.us/w/?c=a46ea5

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 9:14am On Mar 30, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

This is actually a thing and something I'm intending to attempt on my next build.

I contacted the major aluminium companies in Nigeria via email. The only one that responded was Nigalex

You can contact them using sales at nigalex dot com.

Let me share their quote as far back as December 2021, I am sure prices have since gone up

Height - #15,277
Width - #16,857
Decurve - #19,992
3- panel Mullion - #21,959
2- panel Mullion- #20,136
Shine bead - #6,328
Big Net frame bottom- #12,298
Big Net frame top - #14,516
Burglary tube- #10,297
Special Net Panel- #9,935

COLOR: Powder Coated
Please note that the prices above are in 6meters

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 9:16am On Mar 30, 2022
EgunMogaji2:
Good morning yah all.

And we're off to the races grin
Hian, the big masquerade of Ibadan is never tired, although retired but he is more active than Buhari, a tired leg can't be navigating real estate business Daily, riding power bike etc Egunmogaji the big Warrior of Ibadan kingdom grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 9:16am On Mar 30, 2022
GloriousGbola:

fullriver - from a contact
mercury - always bought from coscharis

though this was like 8 years ago or so.

unfortunately it is also quite possible that staff within the companies can also be running scams. batteries do not show signs of physical wear and tear. and they have no serial numbers. so i can just swap out brand new batteries with used batteries and the customer will be none the wiser.

When I set up my system, the vendor took down the serial numbers of the batteries.
That is a major faux pas that there were no serial numbers.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 9:26am On Mar 30, 2022
AngelicBeing:
Hian, the big masquerade of Ibadan is never tired, although retired but he is more active than Buhari, a tired leg can't be navigating real estate business Daily, riding power bike etc Egunmogaji the big Warrior of Ibadan kingdom grin

Who am I compared to you? You an international man of means and me just a local man cool

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 9:28am On Mar 30, 2022
FEGEITOK:

I contacted the major aluminium companies in Nigeria via email. The only one that responded was Nigalex

Let me share their quote as far back as December 2021, I am sure prices have since gone up

Height - #15,277
Width - #16,857
Decurve - #19,992
Shine bead - #6,328
Burglary tube- #10,297

Thanks for sharing the info. Some are like Squirrels guarding their nuts.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by justified007: 9:28am On Mar 30, 2022
FEGEITOK:

All I know is that pop cement when it comes into contact with water deteriorates.

So I used ordinary cement for my wall screeding.

Lots of excellent posts on the issue on this site.

To do screeding, you need screeding paint, screeding cement, some form of glue and water. So the issue now is what is your source for the screeding paint, lots of local brands and even the paint majors make screeding paint too, I believe our resident paint maestro also makes screeding paint. What you go for is a matter of budget, taste and preference.

I did notice though that with the paint majors, they say their screeding paint is ready to go, once purchased, no need to mix anything.

But when I wanted to do my screeding for my chosen brand there was no pail in Abuja so I had to go ahead without them.

I will let others answer the rest of your questions.

Wooowww

Thank you sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by emmadejust(m): 9:34am On Mar 30, 2022
undecided undecided undecided the kind of words and war going on here everyday is scary ooo to even tell a client trust me I'm a good trustworthy nairalander advertiser & Building contractor embarassed embarassed
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 9:59am On Mar 30, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

Thanks for sharing the info. Some are like Squirrels guarding their nuts.
sir, this is old prices, prices of materials in nigalex company has gone far to this, and very strong , I used it last year for a client here,
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 10:02am On Mar 30, 2022
Adedward:
sir, this is old prices, prices of materials in nigalex company has gone far to this, and very strong , I used it last year for a client here,

Share the current price

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 10:03am On Mar 30, 2022
FEGEITOK:

Height - #15,277
Width - #16,857
Decurve - #19,992
Shine bead - #6,328
Burglary tube- #10,297

this prices is old prices it has gone far Dan this, I used it for a client here last year,
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 10:03am On Mar 30, 2022
twinskenny:

Share the current price
ok bro
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DUNKA(m): 10:13am On Mar 30, 2022
Stopthecap:
This is an OPEN forum.
If the fraudster can post here in peace, so can others.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 10:16am On Mar 30, 2022
twinskenny:

Share the current price

Does he really need to share price for Nigalex products when you can get it first hand when you write them an email or you want him to interpret a quotation for you.........
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DUNKA(m): 10:16am On Mar 30, 2022
Stopthecap:

Please accept our Company's bid to paint your edifice.

Let me introduce to you to our company: Imaginary Concepts Limited.

We have superior experience in delivering quality finish to buildings such as this.

It reminds me of some of our previous work:

1. Eifel Tower in London-Paris-It was us that delivered the superior bronze finish
2. Statue of Liberty in New York-It was us
3. Big Ben in London-It was us.
4. Interior finish for the White House-It was us (Top-Secret project but we don't like to talk too much!)

I will send along our confidential bid in due course

Please accept the assurances of our highest regards.

Thank you
lol grin

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DUNKA(m): 10:23am On Mar 30, 2022
Stopthecap:
madman that goes around correcting and "fixing" other peoples work. changing an estate because he built a fence !

The only original builder in the world.

meanwhile no satisfied clients on the forum ...jumping from one abandoned project to another.

NEW AND PROSPECTIVE HOME OWNERS BEWARE

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DUNKA(m): 10:24am On Mar 30, 2022
n3xt:

I gerrit.

Ilé Ode by NextHome
https://youtube.com/shorts/DDXgHlrYtuY?feature=share
No work in your numerous sites today? grin

8 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 10:46am On Mar 30, 2022
Adedward:

That's to be expected. That I can cut out unreliable, unprofessional and artisans that lack experience is what it offers me.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by earthrealm(m): 10:56am On Mar 30, 2022
EgunMogaji2:
Let me just throw this out here.

an this kind building dey sweet my bele, is it residential or commercial?.
the architect on nairaland?..care to share his name

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 11:17am On Mar 30, 2022
earthrealm:

an this kind building dey sweet my bele, is it residential or commercial?.
the architect on nairaland?..care to share his name

Yes, he’s on here Skimanski. Guy is a wizard. Quiet and simply let’s his work speak for him. It’s a private residence.

https://www.nairaland.com/1331375/architecture-construction-duplex-lekki-akwa-ibom

Imported PVC windows and glass.

https://www.nairaland.com/skimanski

One of my regrets is not being able to afford his services.

Pictured is what I said back in 2015 cool

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 12:27pm On Mar 30, 2022
I greet all good and well wishers of this thread and Nairaland as a whole.

I have something in mind to shear here which I believed it will be of great help for both clients, build industry professionals,artisans, suppliers etc
Let me go straight to the point without waste much of our time.

The rate at which some good clients here are treated badly is alarming same applicable to some good build industry professionals , artisan, suppliers etc.

Some people will remember when this particular thread was almost gone few years back when some good people here ran away bcs of one reason or the others, I called back most of them then.
Now I can see that same thing is about to happen again.

Now this is my suggestion.
1– let’s create a well functioning disputes resolution thread to oversee any dispute that concerns construction and services related matters here.
This thread will nominate , home owners, elders, young and old minded professionals in construction field, a well biz guru etc to solve any issues that might comes up now or in future so that a good clients, professionals, artisan, sales men and woman will not be drag here without deep verification.

Because here a lot of biz to happens which requires good monitoring if am not mistaken
If you think nothing concerns you bcs you have not been duped or dragged here without proper investigation then when your own turn comes around it will be like a magic to you.

More suggestions are welcome in other to bring sanity to this section of Nairaland and Nairaland as a whole
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 12:35pm On Mar 30, 2022
How long can your woods stay exposed in harsh weather?

Provided the woods are matured woods, the real danger is not that they will lose their strength (they will eventually), it is that they’ll warp so badly that using them on your project will be difficult or impossible.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by flexyonline: 1:00pm On Mar 30, 2022
n3xt:
How long can your woods stay exposed in harsh weather?

Provided the woods are matured woods, the real danger is not that they will lose their strength (they will eventually), it is that they’ll warp so badly that using them on your project will be difficult or impossible.

Bros, I made the first comment on that post. I honestly think you do too much in a bid to impress. No one is arguing about wood. It just comes off as taking us for toddlers when you say you rewarded the supplier after seven years for that. It’s just not OK. Please do better.

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 1:04pm On Mar 30, 2022
@rotecch77,
I think it would be nice if we can have a kind of escrow service here. It has been discussed before.
If the owner of the forum can key into this, they can make money also and give more credibility to the forum.
I suggest contractors and vendors having a certain minimum deposit with the handlers of the forum depending on the sector of building materials and services.
We know paint supply ranges from as low as N200k to 2m depending on the type and volume and a security in that range for such sector. Average cost for sanitary wares, tiles and other building materials can be determined and deposited as security to the owner of the forum or a very reliable escrow service provider same way banks have a certain fixed deposit with central bank.
Clients can get clearance for any transaction with the vendor after confirming they have active account and amount with them and they get a certain percentage on every successful transaction or repay the client from the deposit if they default.
Since supplies or contract could be done in stages, big service providers could have a much reduced deposit relative to the cost of complete project and clients would be getting clearance in stages.
It's not difficult to implement but getting a central account that everyone trusts.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2886) (2887) (2888) (2889) (2890) (2891) (2892) ... (3674) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: KIDfurniture(m), Ohiomoba5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.