Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,478 members, 7,819,739 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:03 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2915) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4400906 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2912) (2913) (2914) (2915) (2916) (2917) (2918) ... (3669) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 9:27pm On Apr 05, 2022
Jeff68:

Very well said sir, until you guys the “artisans “ are willing to “police” each other and weed out the bad ones on the tread, there will always be problems. We the clients come and go, you guys are here and you make a lot of money from this tread, it’s your obligation whether you like it or not to monitor it. Most professional bodies in the civilized world monitors itself, and are quick to discipline rogue members.

I come in peace!
You are very correct sir. I'm sure others too are taking note.
It's in our best interest to keep this thread sanitised.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Diza46(f): 9:43pm On Apr 05, 2022
money121:
Omo oni Roofing Sheet yi ti de oooo

Have type my name on Google

Adegboyega ayyub and all i can say is Aliamudulilahi proud of myself and my coming generation!!

If you are proud of your Hustle type your name on Google and show us the Result!!

For your quality Roofing sheet whatsapp 08085310359

I come in peace

SAY NO TO FRAUD
hmmm my hustle get as e bi ooo so ma I no show face for here

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 10:08pm On Apr 05, 2022
Any monitoring that is not within the confines of the law is witch-hunt. Professional bodies are established by law. They make their rules based on existing laws. Congress empowers them to protect the public .
This is how a civilized society works.
It is not by mob action.

You and I do not decide who or who not to take actions against. That would be anarchy

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by IDnoble80: 10:16pm On Apr 05, 2022
sonnie10:
Any monitoring that is not within the confines of the law is witch-hunt. Professional bodies are established by law. They make their rules based on existing laws. Congress empowers them to protect the public .
It is not by mob action.

You and I do not decide who or who not to take actions against. That would be anarchy

Your interest and agenda has been noted...

17 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 10:34pm On Apr 05, 2022
Hello good evening my people in the house

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 10:52pm On Apr 05, 2022
Kingdemu:
And I was seriously considering a solar water heater as a sole central source for hot water, to be incorporated into my MEP design of my future build. Nice to know it doesn't work.
Best idea, same system in mine project, it’s may look expensive at the beginning when add the cost of water heater, energy consumption, my brother is 100% cheaper. The entire system of 13 showers cost about 1m then, compere with Aristo 30 liters @ 55x 13 with Nepa bill unko for life. This one naw free hot water for at least 10 years of lifespan on the solar water heater.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 11:38pm On Apr 05, 2022
IDnoble80:

Your interest and agenda has been noted...
Put emotions apart.
I have a book recommendation for you.
It’s on amazon
Salem Possessed

It’s a true story of community self policing in the 1600s in Salem Massachusetts before the US constitution. Horrible stories!
You do not want to advocate for that in this day and time.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Kingdemu: 12:04am On Apr 06, 2022
kopell:
Best idea, same system in mine project, it’s may look expensive at the beginning when add the cost of water heater, energy consumption, my brother is 100% cheaper. The entire system of 13 showers cost about 1m then, compere with Aristo 30 liters @ 55x 13 with Nepa bill unko for life. This one naw free hot water for at least 10 years of lifespan on the solar water heater.
The setback here is having no hot water early mornings and late evenings as someone wrote has been his experience with the solar water heater.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by nwaorlu: 1:16am On Apr 06, 2022
toluyale:

Thanks
The Biofil digester is an advance system of decomposition and disposal of sewage through anaerobic decomposition and micro organism whereby the human waste is breakdown into liquid and then transfered down to the soak away or drainage or garden.

While Biogas is an advance technology where the human waste and animal dungs are converted to cooking gas for domestic use.

Biotechnology gives you a lots of advantages.

ADVANTAGES OF THE BIO DIGESTER

� Biofil requires just a small space (max. of 8ft x 3ft x 3ft)

� No more Periodic sewage evacuation

� No Air/environmental pollution (odour)

� No more Cockroaches and flies

� It saves a lot of money when installed in estates, farms etc where high waste is generated we have more gas to produce.

� No Location barrier (swampy or dry land)

� Easier to maintain

� Saves time during construction

� Can be use for irrigation

Just wondering, for the bio digester, can't one just pour bacteria enzymes (green gobbler) into the soak away every so often to increase decomposition.
How does one harvest the gas from the biogas?

Thanks for the information. Something different.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 2:11am On Apr 06, 2022
3strikes:
Please I would like to humbly request that you all follow this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/7015272/nigerian-house-plan-construction-4-units
Feel free to write your questions, concerns and constructive feedbacks for Engineer Vince........ Let's build together.

Thanks
3strikes

Nice one.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 5:16am On Apr 06, 2022
3strikes:
Please I would like to humbly request that you all follow this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/7015272/nigerian-house-plan-construction-4-units
Feel free to write your questions, concerns and constructive feedbacks for Engineer Vince........ Let's build together.

Thanks
3strikes

Congrats bro!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by toluyale(m): 5:30am On Apr 06, 2022
kopell:
Thanks for your quick response you mean business. Please explain briefly to the house how this your system works differently from others that we’ve seen here before. Especially in water logging areas, and average cost thanks. I’m asking these questions here because there are many silent clients that may have similar questions for you.

Thank you

The Biofil digester is an advance system of decomposition and disposal of sewage through anaerobic decomposition and micro organism whereby the human waste is breakdown into liquid and then transfered down to the soak away or drainage or garden.

While Biogas is an advance technology where the human waste and animal dungs are converted to methane gas suitable for cooking, generate electricity and organic fertilizer for cropping.

� No ground pollution, Air/environmental pollution (odour)

� It saves a lot of money when installed in estates, farms etc where high waste is generated we have more gas to produce.

� Durable and cheaper than the conventional Septic tank and soak away in maintenance

� Easier to maintain

What makes us different from other installers is we design the kind of Biodigester suitable for each terrain and our technical background in real construction work, water treatment and wastewater management.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 5:43am On Apr 06, 2022
toluyale:

Thank you

While Biogas is an advance technology where the human waste and animal dungs are converted to methane gas suitable for cooking, generate electricity and organic fertilizer for cropping.

� No ground pollution, Air/environmental pollution (odour)

� Durable and cheaper than the conventional Septic tank and soak away in maintenance

� Easier to maintain

Thanks for sharing.

I’ve seen the system and really loved it but I have a growing concern. It’s about domestic wastewaters.
I know it’s possible to use the water for irrigation purpose but what happens in a situation where the house is not located in an estate without a drainage system.

I believe this is the essence of a soakaway.

How goes the system take care of domestic wastewaters apart from using it for irrigation purpose?

What makes us different from other installers is we design the kind of Biodigester suitable for each terrain and our technical background in real construction work, water treatment and wastewater management.

I’ve made my last post before seeing your edit. Kindly share how you intend to manage domestic wastewaters. Don’t bother to share if it’s your trade secret cool

Regards.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by toluyale(m): 5:52am On Apr 06, 2022
nwaorlu:

Just wondering, for the bio digester, can't one just pour bacteria enzymes (green gobbler) into the soak away every so often to increase decomposition.
How does one harvest the gas from the biogas?

Thanks for the information. Something different.

After we install you will see how it works
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Person2person(m): 6:23am On Apr 06, 2022
Goodmorning! Some design from Architect wey sabi....

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by flexyonline: 7:00am On Apr 06, 2022
Kingdemu:
The setback here is having no hot water early mornings and late evenings as someone wrote has been his experience with the solar water heater.
I believe solar water heaters come with different tank sizes so just buy an appropriate size and it should have hot water until the next heating cycle. I use something that approximates this though the heaters are not solar heaters. I have 2 x 100 liters central water heaters and the power is designed to come on for 45 minutes every day from my inverter only when my batteries are full. I also have an option for mains power on it which I never use because I never need it. I always have hot water with the 45 minutes heating every day from my solar inverters.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sgtponzihater1(m): 7:08am On Apr 06, 2022
gbadexy:

To be candid, 3 strikes main accusation to me seemed that you recommended contractors that didn't perform well.
You obviously also missed his reason for the post which was to advice you to be able to be true to yourself and admit when wrong and make ammends.
I've posted this sometimes back about you. I did mention then that I wasn't and still isn't in a position to say you are innocent or guilty but you always seem to have answer to every allegations. Never wrong.
You do the greatest disservice to yourself. I think one of your major flaw that prevents you to taking a different approach and rising above challenge like 3 strikes meant for you is your ego and pride.
I remember when you contacted me for graffitex some time ago, after long series of questions that I figured were meant to get information about the spread rate and proper quantity, I knew you were never interested in any purchase but needed the information to get it elsewhere.
That in itself didn't bother me but what bothered me was knowing you could have asked for the details on the thread and I would have volunteered the necessary information instead of taking me through the deceptive merry-go-round from around 2 am I happened on your message till day break. I wonder how you cope without sleeping. Even far back I'm likely to see you on the general thread any time I randomly check for update.
What really struck me was the prepared speech you gave me after getting the information telling me earlier that I should know the phantom client thinks highly of me whatever happens before you later called to say how merciful the client was in still going along with the almost 3 times of the initial quantity the other contractor gave because he wanted to give him a chance.
My opinion of you then was that you are an actor, a real sociopath if such exists in Nigeria who has a mask displaying a different character, an actor performing to audience you think are not as smart as you, and someone very calculative and don't forget things.
Your erroneous believe that you are smarter than people, ego and pride is what is preventing you to really reflect what went wrong in some previous builds and improving on it. You can't always be right even though you always have ready come back.

These are very powerful words. And your explanation makes all the sense in the world. Hopefully the sociopath repents sooner rather than later

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by toyeoye(m): 7:12am On Apr 06, 2022
toluyale:

Thanks

While Biogas is an advance technology where the human waste and animal dungs are converted to cooking gas for domestic use.

� No Air/environmental pollution (odour)

� Easier to maintain

Wonderful...no disadvantages at all?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 7:14am On Apr 06, 2022
Gud morning here, gets ur casement done with us here, adedward company

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Kingdemu: 7:35am On Apr 06, 2022
flexyonline:

I believe solar water heaters come with different tank sizes so just buy an appropriate size and it should have hot water until the next heating cycle. I use something that approximates this though the heaters are not solar heaters. I have 2 x 100 liters central water heaters and the power is designed to come on for 45 minutes every day from my inverter only when my batteries are full. I also have an option for mains power on it which I never use because I never need it. I always have hot water with the 45 minutes heating every day from my solar inverters.
What tank size would you recommend for a family of 5 (2 adults and three kids in a bungalow)? And maybe an additional adult in the BQ? I really would like to get this right as there will be no provision for individual water heaters in the bathrooms and kitchen. Or can a design fit in to have both? May be to first of all install the central solar water heater and if it doesn't work I abandon it mount individual water heaters without re-piping?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DrGoodman: 7:46am On Apr 06, 2022
n3xt:

Congrats bro!

8 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DrGoodman: 7:55am On Apr 06, 2022
sonnie10:
It is not by mob action.

Brabus Brabus grin

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dashlish12: 8:15am On Apr 06, 2022
3KINGZ18:
Pls does anyone have contact of block moulder in lagos, i need it urgently
. Ok i got but can u kindly state the specific location of the site u want your block to be moulded (LGA, Area name) and are the block 6inch or 9inch?

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Johntemmy(m): 8:35am On Apr 06, 2022
Good morning.
We are available for your roofing woods, woodwork and woods for your linted, decking, casting etc all at shikini prices.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 3KINGZ18: 8:39am On Apr 06, 2022
Dashlish12:
. Ok i got but can u kindly state the specific location of the site u want your block to be moulded (LGA, Area name) and are the block 6inch or 9inch?

Ayobo area, 9inch and 6inch
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DUNKA(m): 9:24am On Apr 06, 2022
n3xt:

Congrats bro!
Bosun Davies Shoyeye, you see your life. grin

Ego + Pride = Fraudster and conman

Wasted Golden opportunities. undecided

8 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Cassie74: 10:19am On Apr 06, 2022
If I may... before you install the solar water heater.. look for Niyi here in nairaland(satellite TV technology). If he can be kind enough to respond..he is using 300lrt solar water heater..he is going to tell you to have an alternative means or if possible do just electric only...but lastly do your research... I may do both or one (electric) at the end of the day. Cheers

quote author=Kingdemu post=111690076]What tank size would you recommend for a family of 5 (2 adults and three kids in a bungalow)? And maybe an additional adult in the BQ? I really would like to get this right as there will be no provision for individual water heaters in the bathrooms and kitchen. Or can a design fit in to have both? May be to first of all install the central solar water heater and if it doesn't work I abandon it mount individual water heaters without re-piping?[/quote]

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Kingdemu: 10:29am On Apr 06, 2022
Cassie74:
If I may... before you install the solar water heater.. look for Niyi here in nairaland(satellite TV technology). If he can be kind enough to respond..he is using 300lrt solar water heater..he is going to tell you to have an alternative means or if possible do just electric only...but lastly do your research... I may do both or one (electric) at the end of the day. Cheers

Alright I'll check him out. Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by chuxjay(m): 10:59am On Apr 06, 2022
flexyonline:

Which real estate company do you represent sir. Do you mind to share the name? Again, real estate companies that have all the numbers of suppliers from Odunade and Alaba on speed dial? It still isn’t convincing sir.

Thank you sir for the insight...now you can move on!!!!

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 11:05am On Apr 06, 2022
chuxjay:

Thank you sir for the insight...now you can move on!!!!

Those info are difficult to share?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dashlish12: 11:21am On Apr 06, 2022
3KINGZ18:

Ayobo area, 9inch and 6inch
. Hand mixing i presume; Ok give me your digit, i hope the cement will be over 400bag though

(1) (2) (3) ... (2912) (2913) (2914) (2915) (2916) (2917) (2918) ... (3669) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: twinskenny(m), rmx and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.