Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,007 members, 7,835,418 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:54 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2917) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4442596 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2914) (2915) (2916) (2917) (2918) (2919) (2920) ... (3678) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 4:17pm On Apr 06, 2022
Stumbled upon an alternative design. Build a fake wall using plywood and 2 by 4s and attach it to the existing wall.

The fake wall rests on the floor.

Problem is it is not as nice looking as the floating TV plinth.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Stopthecap: 4:35pm On Apr 06, 2022
At the risk of pulling this thread back a week...

Why you should always question the quality and reputation of the person giving of advice given on this platform..
Last week when the issue of performance bond was being mentioned, some erroneous/incomplete information was given on this platform.

Performance bond is an insurance policy and is mainly issued by insurance companies.

It is actually a simple process if you have any reputation and decent business history.

You have to pledge some collateral/cash of same value of the bond, pay an insurance premium(cost).
When the contract is over your collateral is returned with interest ~ 1% P.A.

This is a simple process that can be done and completed within 48 hours like opening a business bank account

For example:
Say you want a performance bond of 1 million naira.
1. You deposit 1 million,
2. Pay an insurance premium usually around N20,000 naira, /N1 million and after the contract is done your money is returned with interest.

The inability of out fraudster builder to perform and obtain this simple bond for this project, tells you all you need to know..

This despite all the "work vehicles" "work history" "array of every equipment" , "rental material" he claims tells you all you need to know..

I did not want that erroneous assumption to go unchecked.

Sample applications documents from wayy back attached.

8 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Stopthecap: 4:35pm On Apr 06, 2022
more

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Stopthecap: 4:37pm On Apr 06, 2022
anyways the testimonies continue next week...

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Kingdemu: 4:45pm On Apr 06, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

Best solution is propane powered central water heater.
Can you pls shed more light on this Sir?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessedsunny2(m): 5:07pm On Apr 06, 2022
Successful supply installed already
Thanks boss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by toluyale(m): 5:09pm On Apr 06, 2022
toyeoye:

Wonderful...no disadvantages at all?

Thanks

Inorganic or insoluble materials mustn't go inside the bio-digester, the system will get blocked and you may end up replacing and concluding that it is poor technology.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DUNKA(m): 5:16pm On Apr 06, 2022
n3xt:

Definitely not gotten from jankara market. Onn is a known brand name when it comes to TV mount.
In case you have forgotten below is the list of your innocent victims of your fradulent builds on Nairaland

1.Mavverick
2. Yincalley
3. babalose
4. Nairaner
5. qc1
6. Brag3
7. 3strikes
8. Vimo3
9. Neophytemason
10. Jaydacosair
11. Ahonahoi
12. Somehow

16 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DUNKA(m): 5:26pm On Apr 06, 2022
n3xt:

Nice one and there are some of us who are replacing what is with what could be.

No knowledge is lost. Thanks for sharing.

As scary as it looks, large TVs can be installed safely on stud walls. All that’s needed is to install a piece of plywood (2 x 4s) behind the plasterboard to screw the TV mount directly into.

With good braces, your grid system can support almost any weight.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjA1A8M9Nus
No real physical site work. We all know. Market don close grin

9 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AjiBussu(m): 6:33pm On Apr 06, 2022
DrGoodman:

Sold it to pay those clients you stole their material grin
grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 6:54pm On Apr 06, 2022
Kingdemu:
Can you pls shed more light on this Sir?

Read this Sir, thanks.

https://www.hotwater.com/water-heaters/residential/gas-tank/
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 6:56pm On Apr 06, 2022
lokosa:
REVANO STUCCO

LOOKING FOR THE BEST GLOSSY PLASTER FINISHING, THAT IS REFLECTIVE?

Revano stucco is a high glossy decorative finishing. It a pure mineral finish that withstands UV light over time. It is an all-time luxurious wall and ceiling paint. Stucco is a technological imitation of granites and marbles on walls and ceilings

For more enquiries call 08140483649

This is really good looking.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:03pm On Apr 06, 2022
lokosa:
PRINCESS PAINT

Looking for good paint with good quality, high coverage and good finish, Princess paint is always ready to meet ur expectations...

For more enquiries call 08140483649

I confirm this paint is very goooooooooooooooood.

To confirm, try test the white emulsion with other paints. I used the paint on the Oshodi church project.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DUNKA(m): 7:14pm On Apr 06, 2022
n3xt:

I confirm this paint is very goooooooooooooooood.

To confirm, try test the white emulsion with other paints. I used the paint on the Oshodi church project.
The fall and fall of a Nairaland shuckster grin

This your format E no go work this 2022 wink

9 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Stopthecap: 7:14pm On Apr 06, 2022
#yimu

8 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:37pm On Apr 06, 2022
FEGEITOK:
Stumbled upon an alternative design. Build a fake wall using plywood and 2 by 4s and attach it to the existing wall.

The fake wall rests on the floor.

Problem is it is not as nice looking as the floating TV plinth.

You can use lightgauge steel to build the fake wall and clad the wall with other materials. I intend using fibre cement boards for mine.

I have one ongoing on a personal build but I really don’t have the time to attend to it.

1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:41pm On Apr 06, 2022

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DUNKA(m): 8:41pm On Apr 06, 2022
n3xt:

You can use lightgauge steel to build the fake wall and clad the wall with other materials. I intend using fibre cement boards for mine.

I have one ongoing on a personal build but I really don’t have the time to attend to it.
From house builder to TV console online adviser grin

How the mighty have fallen. wink

E go red this 2022

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 9:12pm On Apr 06, 2022
Price starting from N55,000

#otiredpromo

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Videour(m): 9:41pm On Apr 06, 2022
n3xt:

#otiredpromo
grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Stopthecap: 9:54pm On Apr 06, 2022
May we not be shamed in this life by fraudsters

Someone wants to display locks as advanced "nextwhatever door lock "

Door locks that are easily obtainable at Mushin market....please if you are building ..go into the market or get a trusted person to go into the market with/for you...

So that you do not become unfortunate

Especially the diaspora and distant builders ...smh

BEWARE...the fraudster is on the prowl

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 10:21pm On Apr 06, 2022
Outdoor Living abi na Living Outdoor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iI_OsgVr08E

#inspiredspaces #outdoorliving #otired

Good night everyone!

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DUNKA(m): 10:24pm On Apr 06, 2022
n3xt:
Outdoor Living abi na Living Outdoor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iI_OsgVr08E

#inspiredspaces #outdoorliving

Good night everyone!
Desperado how market? grin

8 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DUNKA(m): 10:27pm On Apr 06, 2022
n3xt:

#otiredpromo
Nexthome doors indeed grin

Made of solid gold as per Nexthome standard wink

E go choke cheesy

10 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Godisgreatest1: 10:53pm On Apr 06, 2022
'Same method' over and over again.

DON'T BE DECIEVED BY THE INTERNET PICTURES UPLOADED BY OUR RESIDENT FRAUDSTER.

He is just a computer science graduate (first degree only).

9 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Godisgreatest1: 11:01pm On Apr 06, 2022
3strikes:
Please I would like to humbly request that you all follow this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/7015272/nigerian-house-plan-construction-4-units
Feel free to write your questions, concerns and constructive feedbacks for Engineer Vince........ Let's build together.

Thanks
3strikes

May God never let us offend anybody that will cost us #50 million naira...not even #50 kobo. Amen.

Congrats Sir.

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 11:47pm On Apr 06, 2022
Amen.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Perfecttouchade: 12:46am On Apr 07, 2022
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 12:48am On Apr 07, 2022
I’ll take a pass.

https://www.nairaland.com/1588017/nexthome-builders-2014-2015-new/4#29974472

Nonuplets by NextHome was valued at N560m. We still waka pass. QS still dey here grin
https://www.nairaland.com/6576114/construction-journal-nonuplets-nexthome#102154949

No be every food person dey chop. No be everyone be I neva chop.

#otired

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Stopthecap: 1:56am On Apr 07, 2022
#yimu

Not everyone on this platforms is a fool...uncompleted projects abound
But still took the project until fired as usual.........

Please pay the debt owed and cool down with the stories

Maybe Ibadan is 5km from Lekki who knows ....

May we never hear the "dependencies of such projects"

fraudster builder on the prowl

#BEWARE

15 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Kingdemu: 5:22am On Apr 07, 2022

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 6:30am On Apr 07, 2022
n3xt:
I’ll take a pass.

https://www.nairaland.com/1588017/nexthome-builders-2014-2015-new/4#29974472

Nonuplets by NextHome was valued at N560m. We still waka pass. QS still dey here grin
https://www.nairaland.com/6576114/construction-journal-nonuplets-nexthome#102154949

No be every food person dey chop. No be everyone be I neva chop.

#otired

Lol like say if 3strike give you the offer you won't accept?

You too get mouth and that's exactly your downfall..

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2914) (2915) (2916) (2917) (2918) (2919) (2920) ... (3678) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: NL1960 and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.