Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,198 members, 7,822,045 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:08 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2983) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4411026 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2980) (2981) (2982) (2983) (2984) (2985) (2986) ... (3670) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 8:17pm On May 08, 2022
Delivered this yesterday at Enugu.

38ft is no joke

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 10:49pm On May 08, 2022
SOLAR PANELS! HURRY!!

Amrecan
Mono 280w .. 68,000

Bescom
170w poly .......... 44,000
180w mono ....... 46,000
280w mono ....... 71,000
350w mono ....... 82,000
460w mono ....... 100,000
550w mono ....... 145,000

Mem
270w panel mono .. 65k
300w panel mono....69k
380w panel mono....85k

For further enquiry/transaction;
Contact,
Smartcell global services
☎️ CALL LINE: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::::: http://.us/w/?c=a46ea5

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 12:13am On May 09, 2022
chairmanawe:
Sir and gurus in the house. Please what is the standard height of a roof? I am a bit confused. My carpenter gave me a quotation for 18 feet roof. Is the length adequate, inadequate or overadequate? Thanks in anticipation for your response

I always stay between 16ft and 18ft.
Other people varies.

Hajji M.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Omolade02(f): 1:14am On May 09, 2022
gbadexy:

Your money is safe on Alibaba. Just make sure you buy from verified seller and always let them send you trade assurance before making payment.
The money isn't released to the seller until after certain period.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Kingdemu: 4:48am On May 09, 2022
BiigTee:
They look great no doubt.. I feel the only issue with them is the maintenance.. They look beautiful when new but once they aren't being maintained well.. And water starts damaging the edges of the wall.. They just look horrible!

I could be wrong.. But my opinion tho!
Pls Sir, what's this maintenance that's always talked about when falt roof design is mentioned? Is it that it should be reinstalled after a specific period of time or a certain professional needs to climb up there at specific periods to do something up there? Kindly educate me pls. Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by UC92: 6:31am On May 09, 2022
Kingdemu:
Pls Sir, what's this maintenance that's always talked about when falt roof design is mentioned? Is it that it should be reinstalled after a specific period of time or a certain professional needs to climb up there at specific periods to do something up there? Kindly educate me pls. Thanks.
Flat roof is good, it looks wonderful yes. But if you are to use a flat roof design in your project, please ask your self this questions.
1. Can I afford to repaint my external walls at least once every three years?
2. If I am using a roof gutter on my flat roof design, do I have the strength and resources to always inspect it and keep it clean at least once every month?

We seem not to know the impact of weather on buildings. I don't think there is anything resistant to weather forces.

I will only advise that if you are so in love with a flat roof, do a monopitch, give it the standard eave covering. That way you still create whatever aesthetics you have in mind.
Do not expose your external walls to weather in the name of doing a roof gutter and parapet walls.

PS: I have come across countless of flat roofs with roof gutter and parapet walls that were later roofed with pitch.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by earthrealm(m): 6:32am On May 09, 2022
tonididdy:
I'd prefer the flat roofs any day, anytime henceforth.

Nice but this is a bland and industrial looking flatroof,
Check out this angry

Is raymondfirstborn still on this forum, dont see his posts anymore, he was among the few architects here who do contemporary flat roof design

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by chairmanawe(m): 6:40am On May 09, 2022
Thank you sir. Ayam really grateful for Ur response
mufutau55:

I always stay between 16ft and 18ft.
Other people varies.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 7:43am On May 09, 2022
DFAMEGUY11S:
4300 per meter

That's 6200 per carton.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 8:21am On May 09, 2022
KolaShangOne:

That's 6200 per carton.
yes sir but if you are buying many i can reduce price for you
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rany4all(m): 9:54am On May 09, 2022
UC92:

Flat roof is good, it looks wonderful yes. But if you are to use a flat roof design in your project, please ask your self this questions.
2. If I am using a roof gutter on my flat roof design, do I have the strength and resources to always inspect it and keep it clean at least once every month?

We seem not to know the impact of weather on buildings. I don't think there is anything resistant to weather forces.

I will only advise that if you are so in love with a flat roof, do a monopitch, give it the standard eave covering. That way you still create whatever aesthetics you have in mind.
Do not expose your external walls to weather in the name of doing a roof gutter and parapet walls.

PS: I have come across countless of flat roofs with roof gutter and parapet walls that were later roofed with pitch.
I think there are paints meant for outdoor use, which are usually more weather resistant than regular paints and lasts much longer, however they are also more expensive.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by raymondFirstborn(m): 10:38am On May 09, 2022
tonididdy:
I'd prefer the flat roofs any day, anytime henceforth.
Earthrelm

Flat roof designs are aesthically pleasing, but you need a good roofer.
You need :
Proper drainage
FELTING
Aluminium 0.6 - 0.7.

If you can afford to pay premium for roofing , please do. Leakage can make you go nuts.
Please avoid the , "I HAVE SOMEONE WHO CAN DO IT CHEAPER ROUTE".
Let the roofer buy his materials, so he doesn't claim the materials you bought, contributed to leakage, when it's as a result of poor workmanship.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by tonididdy(m): 10:45am On May 09, 2022
Kingdemu:
Leakages not necessarily from the roofing sheet itself
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by olukaygold(m): 10:53am On May 09, 2022
I don’t think flat roof building really has maintenance like that if it’s well built or handled by a Professional Builder with much experiences. Most of my Projects lately are Flat hidden roofs. The only Stress I see there is Testing and doing some amendments immediately when zink is installed, We can only detect errors when rain falls after installations. After this stage, then we’re free. Talking of the Painting, I mostly screed the external walls before painting and all my paintings are Emulsion,Though I always paint every Year because all the building are for commercial Purposes. Attached Pics is my last year and early this Year Project

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by toyeoye(m): 11:16am On May 09, 2022
KIDfurniture:
Looks too simple but I trust you on the material used.. burglar no fit break in … let’s see more pictures

Burglar no fit break in but can the occupant break out when the need arises?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 11:34am On May 09, 2022
Rany4all:
I think there are paints meant for outdoor use, which are usually more weather resistant than regular paints and lasts much longer, however they are also more expensive.
Weathershield matte are ideal for external painting.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KIDfurniture(m): 11:46am On May 09, 2022
Why would the occupant want to break out sir ?
Baba don’t give me negative reason ooooo

toyeoye:

Burglar no fit break in but can the occupant break out when the need arises?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Kingdemu: 12:22pm On May 09, 2022
tonididdy:

Leakages not necessarily from the roofing sheet itself
From where then?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by tonididdy(m): 12:36pm On May 09, 2022
Kingdemu:
From where then?
Mostly from the exposed part of the roof walls.
Most times it's soaked and soggy for days.
Also splashes from rain contact with the roofing sheet could be a problem also.
The direction of the rain is another factor. Only a pro will put these into consideration.

BUT ALL OF THIS CAN BE AVOIDED IF :
You just do a visible flat roof not the hidden type.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abuuthmaan: 1:55pm On May 09, 2022
michlins:

38ft is no joke

How much did that cost?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KIDfurniture(m): 2:46pm On May 09, 2022
This building plan go sweet oh. Can you share the ground plan here ? Looks like 3 flats .. 1 room & parlor each ? Am I correct ?

olukaygold:
I don’t think flat roof building really has maintenance like that if it’s well built or handled by a Professional Builder with much experiences. Most of my Projects lately are Flat hidden roofs. The only Stress I see there is Testing and doing some amendments immediately when zink is installed, We can only detect errors when rain falls after installations. After this stage, then we’re free. Talking of the Painting, I mostly screed the external walls before painting and all my paintings are Emulsion,Though I always paint every Year because all the building are for commercial Purposes. Attached Pics is my last year and early this Year Project
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 2:57pm On May 09, 2022
abuuthmaan:

How much did that cost?
₦1.650ml sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 4:50pm On May 09, 2022
Flat roof on a residential building: Not for me.

Flat roof on a commercial farm building maybe, just maybe.

Flat roof on a residential building worth over 20 million and counting, is like a white C-ock that doesn't know he is an elder.

Who lights a candle and put it under a table? Certainly not me.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 5:01pm On May 09, 2022
UC92:

Abeg increase your mic. We no dey hear for back.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by akinola98: 5:25pm On May 09, 2022
michlins:

38ft is no joke

Nice …. How much for similar at Ajah
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 5:28pm On May 09, 2022
akinola98:

Nice …. How much for similar at Ajah
.1.7ml. Delivery time is two weeks from date of mobilisation
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Ggee(m): 6:02pm On May 09, 2022
Hello house. Kindly help with queries on Tiles.

How good is CDK Tiles?
Which of the Polish, Matt and Satin make is good for a living house?

Thank you.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 9:00pm On May 09, 2022
Oga spyder880 we are in your town....

Lighting up this building...

Electrical
Cctv
Electric fence

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 9:14pm On May 09, 2022
Ggee:
Hello house. Kindly help with queries on Tiles.

How good is CDK Tiles?
Which of the Polish, Matt and Satin make is good for a living house?

Thank you.
hello good evening sir CDK tiles is highest quality tile you can get for Nigeria tile their and spanish is almost the same quality with spanish product, supper polish or glossy is okay for both sittingroom and bedroom while you can use matt for both kitchen and bathroom floor also for entrance area
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 9:19pm On May 09, 2022
twinskenny:

Electrical
Cctv
Electric fence

Wow! You're very welcome, this is a massive building.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rany4all(m): 10:47pm On May 09, 2022
twinskenny:

Electrical
Cctv
Electric fence
How does one have such a big outdoor space, and then choose to cast everywhere with concrete? No green areas at all?

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by earthrealm(m): 12:08am On May 10, 2022
Rany4all:
How does one have such a big outdoor space, and then choose to cast everywhere with concrete? No green areas at all?

Cos, He is a Nigerian/african. ����

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2980) (2981) (2982) (2983) (2984) (2985) (2986) ... (3670) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Juxtix88

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.