Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,690 members, 7,816,823 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:55 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2986) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4388307 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2983) (2984) (2985) (2986) (2987) (2988) (2989) ... (3667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 4:32pm On May 11, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

I like the straight lines. Well done Ejire.

Thanks sir

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rany4all(m): 5:02pm On May 11, 2022
sonnie10:

I can’t come and roast myself in concrete oven
Eggzactly what I'm experiencing in my current residence...it feels like hell I tell ya cheesy. I can't even allow my dogs roam free in the compound until the sun goes down, because the concrete gets quite hot in the afternoons and burns their paws. I'd have my grass & trees anyday anytime, even with the added cost of maintenance and all...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 5:12pm On May 11, 2022
Rany4all:
Eggzactly what I'm experience in my current residence...it feels like hell I tell ya cheesy. I can't even allow my dogs roam free in the compound until the sun goes down, because the concrete gets quite hot in the afternoons and burns their paws. I'd have my grass & trees anyday anytime, even with the added cost of maintenance and all...

The grass is good be careful of the trees
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by chuksjuve(m): 5:20pm On May 11, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

You’re doing well.

Thanks boss smiley
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rany4all(m): 5:23pm On May 11, 2022
GoodFaith:

The grass is good be careful of the trees
Depends on the type of trees, distance from structures, maintenance (pruning) and all...of course if you have enough outdoor space, you can easily take appropriate precautions.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by chuksjuve(m): 5:24pm On May 11, 2022
sonnie10:

Trees and grasses do not serve the same purpose. Grass control erosion, preserve soil nutrients for trees and conserve water. They could be called natural carpet. When well kept, they are pleasing to the eyes.
To all man, his own.

There’s no point controlling erosion in a place that has been well concreted, hence my advice to use trees at least to have a greenery or nature effect ..

cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 5:29pm On May 11, 2022
chuksjuve:

There’s no point controlling erosion in a place that has been well concreted, hence my advice to use trees at least to have a greenery or nature effect ..

cheesy cheesy

"Nigerians, Creating Solutions For Problems That Doesn't Exist" - Brabus grin

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 5:42pm On May 11, 2022
sonnie10:

Trees and grasses do not serve the same purpose. Grass control erosion, preserve soil nutrients for trees and conserve water. They could be called natural carpet. When well kept, they are pleasing to the eyes.
To all man, his own.

Hmmmm taking me back to my secondary school days, agricultural science.

Good point
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 6:01pm On May 11, 2022
topsy23:

Hmmmm taking me back to my secondary school days, agricultural science.

Good point

Everything is artificial these days. I missed those days when people used flowers and shrubs for fencing. I can’t remember anyone that died of snake bite.
While we in Africa are striving to be like Oyibo, those ones are begging to reserve to eco friendly environment.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 6:30pm On May 11, 2022
Dem don come again with their low IQ.
Every primary school child knows that Nigeria , especially the south is Tropical rain forest.
Common sense would tell you that when you remove the forest (grass and trees) then you have the rain to deal with. Rain causes erosion.

Concrete flooring is deliberate removal of this natural protection, thus creating a problem. You migt have the resources to put some artificial protective measures like concrete flooring on your property.

But that does not negate the fact that a problem was created by your actions where there was no problem in the first place.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessedsunny2(m): 7:59pm On May 11, 2022
Spanish wooden tiles still in shock
(blessedsunny2)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 8:17pm On May 11, 2022
sonnie10:
Dem don come again with their low IQ.
Every primary school child knows that Nigeria , especially the south is Tropical rain forest.
Common sense would tell you that when you remove the forest (grass and trees) then you have the rain to deal with. Rain causes erosion.

Concrete flooring is deliberate removal of this natural protection, thus creating a problem. You migt have the resources to put some artificial protective measures like concrete flooring on your property.

But that does not negate the fact that a problem was created by your actions where there was no problem in the first place.

Are you trying to talk about flooding because I'm trying to understand the effects of erosion in a properly built environment.......
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 8:32pm On May 11, 2022
[quote author=bixton post=112739175

Are you trying to talk about flooding because I'm trying to understand the effects of erosion in a properly built environment.......[/quote]
Ijesha in surulere Lagos was not flooding until the vegetation across the expressway at Festac extension and Lord’s Chosen was replaced with concrete.
Water does not just disappear, it would eventually find its level. Maybe at a location where people don’t have enough resources to do concrete in their yards.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:38pm On May 11, 2022
A family property is up for sale in Abidjo area of Ajah, Lagos. It's a bungalow in a full plot of land that consist of a two bedroom flat and two units of one room and parlour. The house in the property has been occupied by tenants. It was built as a BQ in the plot of land. This property is going out for N26M. Kindly send me a private message (email) via my account here IF YOU are INTERESTED and need further details, please. I will definitely get back to you. Thanks.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 9:09pm On May 11, 2022
[quote author=sonnie10 post=112739611][/quote]

Okay. Flooding it is.

Just to let you know which I do know you know.....erosion is eroding of the soil and it only applies to farmlands for agricultural produce.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 9:17pm On May 11, 2022
bixton:

Okay. Flooding it is.

Just to let you know which I do know you know.....erosion is eroding of the soil and it only applies to farmlands for agricultural produce.

Not just the top soil of farmlands, there is gully erosion too.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 9:25pm On May 11, 2022
Minimalist green area sample

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 11:28pm On May 11, 2022
rotecch77:

Very cool.

I’ve seen people use artificial turf too.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 11:51pm On May 11, 2022
Blessedsunny2:
Spanish wooden tiles still in shock
(blessedsunny2)

What is the dimension of those in the last picture
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 11:53pm On May 11, 2022
rotecch77:

Lobatan o.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 11:59pm On May 11, 2022
“Problems doesn’t exist”

Another American imported grammar. Courtesy of our in house returnee

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 12:36am On May 12, 2022
mufutau55:

Lobatan o.

Hajji M.

A lot of the modern designs in Asia are now like this. Simple and easy to care for outdoors.

I stuck a gas blower in my shipped truck to blow instead of sweeping.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessedsunny2(m): 12:40am On May 12, 2022
sonnie10:

What is the dimension of those in the last picture
thanks D boss
30by150 wooden porcelain, 9,500 per square meters, quantity 9,000 last price
23 by120 wooden Spanish porcelain 8,000 per square meters, quantity 7,500
Still your blessed sunny Spanish Dealer

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 1:27am On May 12, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

A lot of the modern designs in Asia are now like this. Simple and easy to care for outdoors.

I stuck a gas blower in my shipped truck to blow instead of sweeping.

Abi now! I intentionally didnt get involved in that flooring discussion.
People need to realize that, each persons likeness is different. If I decided to make all my yard green or concrete, it should not be your problem. Just respect my decision and move on; I do not need any critics.

Hajji M.

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 4:07am On May 12, 2022
Blessedsunny2:

thanks D boss
30by150 wooden porcelain, 9,500 per square meters, quantity 9,000 last price
23 by120 wooden Spanish porcelain 8,000 per square meters, quantity 7,500
Still your blessed sunny Spanish Dealer
Are those the same with this?

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Wande22(m): 6:47am On May 12, 2022
hamtabfawaz:

Glova / Delight

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessedsunny2(m): 7:28am On May 12, 2022
sonnie10:

Are those the same with this?
That picture is photo shoot you put here, sir cheesy Spanish wooden will give you something more dove and beautiful like this
Looks at the install once here

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rany4all(m): 8:53am On May 12, 2022
mufutau55:

Abi now! I intentionally didnt get involved in that flooring discussion.
People need to realize that, each persons likeness is different. If I decided to make all my yard green or concrete, it should not be your problem. Just respect my decision and move on; I do not need any critics.

Hajji M.
It was never about disrespecting another man's choice Sir, far from it. Ok maybe my initial statement that started the discourse could and probably should have been toned down a notch or two, but I never meant it in that way.

I was only trying to share an alternative view or personal preference, which I believe should be welcome on a thread like this... afterall how do we learn and make informed decisions on our own projects if all we do here is compliment and agree with everything posted on here.

That being said, I apologize if my statement offended you or the owner of the project Sir. I come in peace ✌️✌️

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rany4all(m): 9:02am On May 12, 2022
Blessedsunny2:

That picture is photo shoot you put here, sir cheesy Spanish wooden will give you something more dove and beautiful like this
Looks at the install once here
Are they really wooden or just made to look like wood, coz I'm kinda concerned about the effect of water on them...

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessedsunny2(m): 9:26am On May 12, 2022
Rany4all:
Are they really wooden or just made to look like wood, coz I'm kinda concerned about the effect of water on them...

They are (tiles) porcelain with timber colours made in Spain, they are very good in design. Also with quality production and there is no effect on there product, it call wooden tiles, most use it on stepcase, busy place like compound around swimming pool floor, compound floor, or plaza floor or wall all good at external and internal very high productive of Spanish product, it give you an comparable colour.
There made to Bry out all wood colours but not wood.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sleekender(m): 10:00am On May 12, 2022
Thanks everyone for their suggestions.

I opted to fix the door by welding a new steel pan on the door.

Cost plus welding & painting - #40k.

Saved me the cost of a new turkish door plus breaking wall.

sleekender:
Hello House,

Please how can I remediate a Steel door with rotting wood panel?

Water is sipping into the house whenever it rains and I need a cost effective but permanent solution to it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2983) (2984) (2985) (2986) (2987) (2988) (2989) ... (3667) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.