Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,009 members, 7,835,431 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:07 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2985) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4442639 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2982) (2983) (2984) (2985) (2986) (2987) (2988) ... (3678) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 8:11pm On May 10, 2022
InvertedHammer:

/
Which kind of double door will you suggest for entrance into the parlour from the ante room?

/
all this door is okay for okay for that sir

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 8:14pm On May 10, 2022
GoodFaith:

"I have about fifteen trees on my lot "
Please hope you pipes are not close to the root
I don't tree because of roots and pipes are not friend
I just drop $2,000.00 for pipe problem, I was lucky other want $3K or $3k5

Good catch. I think gave a reasonable distance between all the culprits.

Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by deolumike(m): 8:54pm On May 10, 2022
No 4b club road off Emmanuel aina street aboru ......iyana ipaja

17m asking price

Survey plan
Deed assignment
Family receipt

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rany4all(m): 9:04pm On May 10, 2022
InvertedHammer:

/
What’s the obsession with green areas in a rain forest zone? So that insects and snakes will have a place to hide or are you concerned about the environment?
Oyibo that lives in a desert dey complain about deforestation someone who lives in areas with extra abundance of trees follow dey complain trees. I no too understand this our textbook ideologies and approach to life.
/
Vegetation keeps temperatures in your compound cooler & air fresher. Also provides adequate shade for sit-outs and also for pets. Playgrounds for kids are also better green. Green for me is also more beautiful than concrete, and makes your outdoor space less monotonous. If u keep ur grass well maintained, you don't have to worry about insects or snakes any more than u would on a concrete outdoor space. And let's not forget the added benefits of edible fruit bearing trees as well, if you like. I would have green areas over all-concrete outdoors anytime, anyday, but that's just me anyway.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rany4all(m): 9:32pm On May 10, 2022
diordaves:

We dey fear Lala's cousins - snakes.
You never see snake for concrete compound before? I currently live in a rented flat with an all-concrete outdoor, and I've killed snakes several times in my compound and even inside the house. My dogs have also done some killings as well. So for me, the area you live matters more, with regards to snakes, than how u choose to landscape ur compound... grin.

A landscaped green area is not a forest... cheesy

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by InvertedHammer: 9:44pm On May 10, 2022
Rany4all:
Vegetation keeps temperatures in your compound cooler & air fresher. Also provides adequate shade for sit-outs and also for pets. Playgrounds for kids are also better green. Green for me is also more beautiful than concrete, and makes your outdoor space less monotonous. If u keep ur grass well maintained, you don't have to worry about insects or snakes any more than u would on a concrete outdoor space. And let's not forget the added benefits of edible fruit bearing trees as well, if you like. I would have green areas over all-concrete outdoors anytime, anyday, but that's just me anyway.
/
Some of these houses are vacation homes.

Like he stated, the owner comes in about twice yearly. I believe he made a good choice.

/

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rany4all(m): 9:57pm On May 10, 2022
InvertedHammer:

/
Some of these houses are vacation homes.

Like he stated, the owner comes in about twice yearly. I believe he made a good choice.

/
Well, it's his property...his choice. It may be good for him, but if were in his shoes, vacation home or not, I'll have my green areas. There are some low maintenance grass species like those used in golf courses and football fields in some foreign countries. Some grow so slowly, that they may not require trimming more than twice a year. I'd rather invest in such grass species than cast my entire compound in stone... cheesy

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by InvertedHammer: 7:06am On May 11, 2022
Rany4all:
Well, it's his property...his choice. It may be good for him, but if were in his shoes, vacation home or not, I'll have my green areas. There are some low maintenance grass species like those used in golf courses and football fields in some foreign countries. Some grow so slowly, that they may not require trimming more than twice a year. I'd rather invest in such grass species than cast my entire compound in stone... cheesy
/
Good observation. We are glad that it is not your house as well.

/

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 7:19am On May 11, 2022
InvertedHammer:

/
Good observation. We are glad that it is not your house as well.

/

Well put.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adigun7(m): 8:40am On May 11, 2022
Yes I am Mr Babatunde Adebayo]

Are you Mr Babatunde? [/quote]
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rmx: 8:43am On May 11, 2022
Approved some quantities of Tmt iron rod at 520 today

So the thing don reach above 500 . We must move
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adigun7(m): 8:46am On May 11, 2022
W sell and install quality aluminum and stone coated roofing, we also do water collector contact us 08078696012,0935076732 esgeetechconcepts@gmail.com

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Myzubby(m): 8:55am On May 11, 2022
We still selling Turkey doors for sell

Single doors : 265k
Double doors 4ft: 370k
All foreign .
@@@@ Anambra state.

We are here to serve you @seashelters

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Myzubby(m): 8:56am On May 11, 2022
We are always here for you

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Myzubby(m): 8:57am On May 11, 2022
Armoured doors

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by skup008(m): 9:11am On May 11, 2022
twinskenny:
Oga spyder880 we are in your town....

Lighting up this building...

Electrical
Cctv
Electric fence

The stamped concrete floor to be completed and shine soon.

Met with some of your worker. Well done.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by skup008(m): 9:17am On May 11, 2022
Rany4all:
How does one have such a big outdoor space, and then choose to cast everywhere with concrete? No green areas at all?

Their are creative spaces created for plants. However, we do not need to judge as different people has different choices. This particular compound needs so much space cos it belongs to the head of a very big family. Trust you get it!

Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 9:53am On May 11, 2022
rmx:

Approved some quantities of Tmt iron rod at 520 today

So the thing don reach above 500 . We must move

Are you scattering Akala with trailer delivery today then? grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 9:57am On May 11, 2022
skup008:

Their are creative spaces created for plants. However, we do not need to judge as different people has different choices. This particular compound needs so much space cos it belongs to the head of a very big family. Trust you get it!

Thanks.
didn't even know your handle the concrete floouring..was there till yesterday. Well done bro..
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by toluyale(m): 10:00am On May 11, 2022
Biosewage Digester Installation
We are on site already as we use to promise.
Ekiti people thanks for having us around
Thanks to Twinskenny for referring us
We are in Ekiti now let's install yours too Before we leave.
Contact us on 08130300747

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by chuksjuve(m): 10:20am On May 11, 2022
Rany4all:
How does one have such a big outdoor space, and then choose to cast everywhere with concrete? No green areas at all?

Looool

Not everyone is a fan of green area aside from the cost also, beside from the design you can tell Green area was not factored in..

But in this case I advice he just put ground-covers (Rheo plants, Purple Hearts) on those carved spaces and maybe trimmable hedge plants (like West Indies or Moraya paniculata) by the fence.

Just something simple without much maintenance to add beauty to the house.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by chuksjuve(m): 10:23am On May 11, 2022
sonnie10:

Maintenance of green area is very tedious except you have a paid gardener. But I certainly prefer it to al these concrete. Maybe mixed. Concrete on driveway and walkway but others green.

Well...

The presence of few trees or palms can cover for the absence of green areas too.

Let’s just say the client isn’t a big fan of greenery sha cheesy
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by chuksjuve(m): 10:32am On May 11, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

I disagree. It's a matter of personal preference.

I don't have grass in my private residence because after over two decades of growing and mowing lawn I am tired of doing that.

I have about fifteen trees on my lot with more to come so I do my part in contributing to the ecosystem. I also have a sizeable granite driveway that allows rainwater to go back into the ground.

Some pictures from not Nigeria grin

Nice one boss..

I think most people don’t know that Landscape has evolved from the usual green grass planting to other concepts, just like these ones you posted.

The fun-fact of it is that it’s actually cheaper and more economical to maintain without requiring the services of a gardener to maintain..

In most of our Landscape project we build it in such a way that the client can do the maintenance on his own after we done with the project..

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 10:44am On May 11, 2022
chuksjuve:

Nice one boss..

I think most people don’t know that Landscape has evolved from the usual green grass planting to other concepts, just like these ones you posted.

The fun-fact of it is that it’s actually cheaper and more economical to maintain without requiring the services of a gardener to maintain..

In most of our Landscape project we build it in such a way that the client can do the maintenance on his own after we done with the project..

You’re doing well.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rmx: 10:48am On May 11, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

Are you scattering Akala with trailer delivery today then? grin

No sir grin , just about 6 tonnes to complete the last floor and project , we bought most at the very beginning

We will however be delivering straight to sites some container shipment from china next week

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 12:39pm On May 11, 2022
skup008:

Thanks.
Creating the space are nice
Because the concrete will not break and create a straight line
You can fix a small area by creating the space or section
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Myzubby(m): 1:44pm On May 11, 2022
You build we furnish
Turkey doors for sell

Single doors : 265k
Double doors 4ft: 370k
All foreign .
@@@@ Anambra state.

We are here to serve you @seashelters

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by skup008(m): 3:04pm On May 11, 2022
twinskenny:
didn't even know your handle the concrete floouring..was there till yesterday. Well done bro..

Yes, I am. We went for sallah holiday. Resuming any moment now.

Thanks my brother.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 3:42pm On May 11, 2022
Let's pipe this house nicely @ ife

Strictly electrical..

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 3:43pm On May 11, 2022
chuksjuve:

Well...

The presence of few trees or palms can cover for the absence of green areas too.

Let’s just say the client isn’t a big fan of greenery sha cheesy
Trees and grasses do not serve the same purpose. Grass control erosion, preserve soil nutrients for trees and conserve water. They could be called natural carpet. When well kept, they are pleasing to the eyes.
To all man, his own.
I can’t come and roast myself in concrete oven

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 4:01pm On May 11, 2022
twinskenny:
Let's pipe this house nicely @ ife

Strictly electrical..

I like the straight lines. Well done Ejire.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2982) (2983) (2984) (2985) (2986) (2987) (2988) ... (3678) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: kopell, oote and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.