Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,165 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:10 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3052) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4399637 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3049) (3050) (3051) (3052) (3053) (3054) (3055) ... (3669) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 5:06pm On Jul 04, 2022
Dennis3D:
Hello good people.
We urge you to kindly follow up with this project

Click and follow the link below to follow the thread.
https://www.nairaland.com/6656410/semi-detached-6-bedroom-duplex/7#114416636

Doing well boss

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Charisdesigns: 5:52pm On Jul 04, 2022
UC92:

Good morning sir.
I am concerned about the electric wires I am seeing in the first picture.
Hope you have adequate setback for it?

Sure
It is located outside the front lot line (outside the fence)

Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Enyinne(f): 7:17pm On Jul 04, 2022
Please have anyone tried to use tiles inplace of interlocking stones for their compound finish / car park . How economical will it be ? Please share ur experience as am thinking of trying it out.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Olumighty123(m): 7:26pm On Jul 04, 2022
Enyinne:
Please have anyone tried to use tiles inplace of interlocking stones for their compound finish / car park . How economical will it be ? Please share ur experience as am thinking of trying it out.

I'm not sure that's going to be as economical as interlock, me as a person don't buy the idea of using tiles outdoor, too risky. undecided

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 8:14pm On Jul 04, 2022
twinskenny:

Doing well boss

Thanks brother.
Good evening from here.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Enyinne(f): 9:43pm On Jul 04, 2022
I was thinking there's one meant for outdoor flooring. I want to avoid grass growing inbetween holes as interlock tends to have grass growing on it over time and i heard concrete stamping is expensive.
Olumighty123:

I'm not sure that's going to be as economical as interlock, me as a person don't buy the idea of using tiles outdoor, too risky. undecided
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 9:53pm On Jul 04, 2022
Enyinne:
I was thinking there's one meant for outdoor flooring. I want to avoid grass growing inbetween holes as interlock tends to have grass growing on it over time and i heard concrete stamping is expensive.

Get the quote for concrete stamping and normal flooring and compare the two.

I believe you prefer concrete stamping to normal flooring.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 11:55pm On Jul 04, 2022
Enyinne:
I want to believe you have kids and your visitors will have same. To avoid your home becoming a crime scene, run oh.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by olukaygold(m): 2:18am On Jul 05, 2022
Enyinne:
If there's nylon under before placing the interlocking stones,grasses can never grow in-between them...just make sure it's handled by professional installers

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Enyinne(f): 7:18am On Jul 05, 2022
Exactly I prefer concrete stamping as that grass growing is always tacky
topsy23:

Get the quote for concrete stamping and normal flooring and compare the two.

I believe you prefer concrete stamping to normal flooring.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Enyinne(f): 7:19am On Jul 05, 2022
I believe overtime, the nylon will make way and grass will show up .Thanks for ur input
olukaygold:

If there's nylon under before placing the interlocking stones,grasses can never grow in-between them...just make sure it's handled by professional installers

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Enyinne(f): 7:20am On Jul 05, 2022
Hahahahah. No wahala, i will avoid it then . I saw something like tiles in a compound in my street so i was thinking tiles is also used for compound flooring
michlins:
I want to believe you have kids and your visitors will have same. To avoid your home becoming a crime scene, run oh.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 7:24am On Jul 05, 2022
Enyinne:
Hahahahah. No wahala, i will avoid it then . I saw something like tiles in a compound in my street so i was thinking tiles is also used for compound flooring
rare
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rany4all(m): 7:32am On Jul 05, 2022
olukaygold:

Obviously, you've not lived in the South South region cheesy. Down here, weeds grow even on roof tops grin grin. Over time, soil will accumulate in between the stones, and irrespective of whether there's nylon underneath or not, the accumulated soil will eventually be enough to support growth of weeds.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rany4all(m): 7:40am On Jul 05, 2022
Enyinne:
There are tiles meant for outdoors that won't be as slippery as the ones for indoors when wet, though not commonly seen in these parts. If it's possible, I'd suggest you ask your neighbors about theirs and compare costs with other options, before deciding on the way forward.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 8:08am On Jul 05, 2022
Rany4all:
Obviously, you've not lived in the South South region cheesy. Down here, weeds grow even on roof tops grin grin. Over time, soil will accumulate in between the stones, and irrespective of whether there's nylon underneath or not, the accumulated soil will eventually be enough to support growth of weeds.

Even in lekki small space grass will spring up
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rany4all(m): 8:37am On Jul 05, 2022
twinskenny:

Even in lekki small space grass will spring up
Exactly...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by olukaygold(m): 9:49am On Jul 05, 2022
Enyinne:
I believe overtime, the nylon will make way and grass will show up .Thanks for ur input
depends on the thickness of the Nylon and when installing,use stone dust for the levelling instead of sharp sand...I'm in southwest region and I used normal nylon, it's two years now and still free from grasses.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by olukaygold(m): 9:51am On Jul 05, 2022
Rany4all:
it depends on the installation and the type of nylon used sir....
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Myzubby(m): 10:27am On Jul 05, 2022
We got you covered
All types stone coated and tiles
Water collectors.
Wall paper
Turkish doors .
Location Anambra state.
WhatsApp:09165705880

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 11:25am On Jul 05, 2022
https://www.nairaland.com/5354301/quality-security-door-here-pictures

https://www.nairaland.com/6609728/osinachiadima-global-enterprise

Turkey classic and luxury security door are available in stock with affordable prices
4ft and 3ft of each are available in stock

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 12:48pm On Jul 05, 2022
Myzubby:
We got you covered
All types stone coated and tiles
Water collectors.
Wall paper
Turkish doors .
Location Anambra state.
WhatsApp:09165705880

Tested and trusted.
Have used them twice.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by naijacreativeha(f): 6:00pm On Jul 05, 2022
Good evening, pls I need the labour rate for some items of work, please fair rate, working on a tight budget. Please engineers in the house
How much do you pay bricklayer daily for block setting and target block per day
How much do you pay bricklayer for plastering and how many square meters per day
How much is Casting per cubic meter
How much is daily pay for carpenter
How much is iron bender per ton
How much is daily pay for labour
How much is excavation digging per cubic meter and other rate I forgot
Pls help a sister . It is urgent. Engineers in the house pls
Also for packing and filling 20 tons of filling sand
Pls present prices of building materials is needed also
For setting out
Granite
Sharp sand
Filling sand
Plaster sand
Planks
Marine boards
Nails
Cement
Reinforcement
How do you quantify nail per square meter
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 7:24pm On Jul 05, 2022
Dennis3D:

Tested and trusted.
Have used them twice.
You mean the doors or the person selling the doors?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 7:32pm On Jul 05, 2022
naijacreativeha:
Good evening, pls I need the labour rate for some items of work, please fair rate, working on a tight budget. Please engineers in the house
How much do you pay bricklayer for plastering and how many square meters per day
For setting out
Granite
Sharp sand
Filling sand
Plaster sand
Planks
Marine boards
Nails
Cement
Reinforcement

You are so detailed. Hope you have the time to find, monitor and supervise workers for all these processes?
It is also going to need some experience to do so, but from your detailed plan, it seems you are well prepared.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Myzubby(m): 7:46pm On Jul 05, 2022
Dennis3D:

Tested and trusted.
Have used them twice.
thank you sir . GOD ALMIGHTY BLESS YOU
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 7:48pm On Jul 05, 2022

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 9:21pm On Jul 05, 2022
sonnie10:

You mean the doors or the person selling the doors?

Roofing sheets...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Enyinne(f): 9:28pm On Jul 05, 2022
cheesy Madam work with experienced and trustworthy engineer and from there u can learn on the job.They're things being streetwise cant sort but can be learnt along the line . The way ur going am afraid oo .
naijacreativeha:
For setting out
Granite
Sharp sand
Filling sand
Plaster sand
Planks
Marine boards
Nails
Cement
Reinforcement

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dominionng(m): 10:36pm On Jul 05, 2022
Enyinne:

There are tiles for external floors with fantastic grips even when wet available in Orile, but they are quite pricey.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FriendsAndFans(m): 11:22pm On Jul 05, 2022
Enyinne:
Please have anyone tried to use tiles in place of interlocking stones for their compound finish / car park . How economical will it be ? Please share ur experience as am thinking of trying it out.
interlock will stand the test of time. but for experimental purposes, you can tiles
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by RockOfAgesAlumi(m): 12:05am On Jul 06, 2022
NairaBaba:
Thanks alot, I may contact you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3049) (3050) (3051) (3052) (3053) (3054) (3055) ... (3669) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: PrimeQuay, lorhema(f) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.