Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,303 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:02 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3055) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4399892 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3052) (3053) (3054) (3055) (3056) (3057) (3058) ... (3669) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Stevo30: 2:14pm On Jul 08, 2022
This is the assumption that Lagos state use to bully people building in Lagos State. When I had to get planning approval last year in Lagos, I was billed 1.5m after presenting my 3 year tax clearance from FCT. I was told to write to the chairman of LIRS but I know it will be a long route. I contacted someone close to the governor who got in touch with chair of LIRS. Of course they changed the assessment and agreed that my FCT tax clearance was sufficient. This shouldn't have to be, what of if i don't know any one I would have been double taxed. Mind you my monthly tax before i voluntarily retired last year December is enough to pay a senior civil servant monthly. Now they still do 5% withholding tax on all my consultancy fees and I am expected to file to pay more by year end on other sources of income.

Those who pay tax in this country are often over taxed. You pay PAYE, land use charges, VAT on every purchase, all sorts of levies by LGA people, pay tax on even on interest from savings you have in your account. Efforts should be to expand the tax dragnet and not over taxed the few that pay tax
somehow:

A tax officer told me that the building tax in Lagos is dependent on the location and structure just as I said before.

Confirmed from 2 other officers from different tax offices in Lagos, afterall they had nothing to gain from me, so why would they say something not true?

I will stop here though and let others that went through similar situation share their experience.

Happy Sunday to us all.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 2:21pm On Jul 08, 2022
Enyinne:
Which of this generator is rated better? Is Japanese well rated? Kindly recommend
My honest opinion is English generators
so ones from UK.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 2:23pm On Jul 08, 2022
Stevo30:
This is the assumption that Lagos state use to bully people building in Lagos State. When I had to get planning approval last year in Lagos, I was billed 1.5m after presenting my 3 year tax clearance from FCT. I was told to write to the chairman of LIRS but I know it will be a long route. I contacted someone close to the governor who got in touch with chair of LIRS. Of course they changed the assessment and agreed that my FCT tax clearance was sufficient. This shouldn't have to be, what of if i don't know any one I would have been double taxed. Mind you my monthly tax before i voluntarily retired last year December is enough to pay a senior civil servant monthly. Now they still do 5% withholding tax on all my consultancy fees and I am expected to file to pay more by year end on other sources of income.

Those who pay tax in this country are often over taxed. You pay PAYE, land use charges, VAT on every purchase, all sorts of levies by LGA people, pay tax on even on interest from savings you have in your account. Efforts should be to expand the tax dragnet and not over taxed the few that pay tax
Thank you very much sir.I often tell people we Nigerians in Nigeria pay more tax than us in the US and UK

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Myzubby(m): 3:08pm On Jul 08, 2022
Myzubby:
We Are seashelters limited .
We have top quality stone coated

roofing tiles(4500/sqm)

Water collectors(affordable rates )

Turkish doors .(220k/320k) 3ft and 4ft respectively.

Wallpapers.(3000).
Location. Nnewi Anambra state .
WhatsApp:09165705880.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 3:10pm On Jul 08, 2022
Stevo30:

Very annoying.

Only 500k was reduced from what I eventually paid plus the 3 years tax certificates I tendered.

Was also told to write the LIRS chairman.

This country gives you more reason to just pack up and leave for good.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 4:02pm On Jul 08, 2022
Enyinne:
How long hv u used ?
How many Ac can the generator carry ?

If the generator well rated like the rating on the picture posted 10KVA , should be able to carry 3 generator conviniently .
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 4:05pm On Jul 08, 2022
erico2k2:

My honest opinion is English generators
so ones from UK.

Original Japanese is also good if it's not a rebrand type

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dongc(m): 4:17pm On Jul 08, 2022
Enyinne:
How long hv u used ?
How many Ac can the generator carry ?

Bought 2years ago... at that house i only have 2 1hp hisense Ac...one deep freezer and twin fridge i don't remember their ratings..they are normally turned on one after another..bulbs maybe fans...worked well so far even though was used at festive periods xmas..
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dongc(m): 4:31pm On Jul 08, 2022
erico2k2:

These Chinese people rate what they like.I bet you any cash thats ain't up to 4kva but the label it 10kva cos we don't measure.

We can try next time I am home..i have one multimeter to check output wattage/voltage.I dont know If shops like Albertina sells Chinese knock off as original..
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 5:19pm On Jul 08, 2022
topsy23:

Original Japanese is also good if it's not a rebrand type
ok cool but I believe the English has the best Gen set from back the days of lester engines.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 5:28pm On Jul 08, 2022
erico2k2:

ok cool but I believe the English has the best Gen set from back the days of lester engines.

Yes you are right
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by toyeoye(m): 7:05pm On Jul 08, 2022
Enyinne:
Which of this generator is rated better? Is Japanese well rated? Kindly recommend

I've been using Senci 9.8kva for 4th year no issues. Carries refrigerator, freezer, 2 A/C's and everything else no issues. Of course I regulate when I want to use iron and other heavy stuff.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Enyinne(f): 7:45pm On Jul 08, 2022
Nice suggestion but how about the Gen parts availability
toyeoye:

I've been using Senci 9.8kva for 4th year no issues. Carries refrigerator, freezer, 2 A/C's and everything else no issues. Of course I regulate when I want to use iron and other heavy stuff.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by toyeoye(m): 7:50pm On Jul 08, 2022
Enyinne:
Nice suggestion but how about the Gen parts availability

I've not had cause to change parts but was assured it's available as at time of purchase.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 9:43pm On Jul 08, 2022
toyeoye:

Is this brand different from Senwei? Used Senwei without issues, even transferred it to one of my project sites. Very good brand.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 10:43pm On Jul 08, 2022
erico2k2:

These Chinese people rate what they like.I bet you any cash thats ain't up to 4kva but the label it 10kva cos we don't measure.

Ogami, is there a way to identify the original 10kva, please share insights.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Stevo30: 10:44pm On Jul 08, 2022
Lagos State runs an agbero government. No where is this more apparent than in the build industry. They have multiple agencies in the building space. Each of these agencies milk you to the highest level. Planning approval, safety commission approval, labscal approval and stage certification, area boys money, omo onile money, LGA approval. Plus several officials in these agencies that you have to give money for them to do their work after you have paid official fees. I built in FCT without paying anybody kobo aside approved fees.
somehow:

Very annoying.

Only 500k was reduced from what I eventually paid plus the 3 years tax certificates I tendered.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 10:52pm On Jul 08, 2022
somehow:

Very annoying.

Those Government Agency, are fighting for their own pocket, I doubt if they remit all those crazy bill to government account.

They make everything tiring.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 11:00pm On Jul 08, 2022
hamtabfawaz:

Ogami, is there a way to identify the original 10kva, please share insights.
Nah to get voltmeter sure pass bross

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blezybest1(m): 11:42pm On Jul 08, 2022
Polystyrene Parapet is made of Expanded Polystyrene (EPS), It is a new invention in building construction that is very light in weight, cost effective, beautiful and highly durable (it remains intact with the building throughout the span of such building i.e if the building is not intentionally demolished and the building does not collapse itself, nothing would ever happen to Polystyrene Parapet). Polystyrene Parapet saves you from the stress of buying log of woods, Iron rods reinforcements and spending unnecessary money on heavy concrete.

Expanded Polystyrene (EPS) is Thermal, Electrical and Acoustic insulator, that is, it does not transmit or conduct heat, electricity and sound.

Polystyrene Parapet is weather resistant, be it rain(waterproof), sunshine, wind, etc.

Polystyrene Parapet saves your building from unnecessary load/weight/pressure of heavy concrete around the perimeter of the house unlike the Cast-in-situ (Concrete) Parapet and Cement Pre-cast Parapet.

Polystyrene Parapet Installation saves time because the installation of Polystyrene Parapet on a typical 3 bedroom/4 bedroom bungalow or duplex is done within 3-4 days.
That is fair enough, right?

Another importance of Polystyrene is its flexibility.
Polystyrene Parapet Designs available in the factory are called "Standard Designs" but If you have any other design of your choice other than the Standard Designs on standby, it is very easy for us to mould such design for you in the factory, just that you would have to provide us with the sketches (dimensional drawing of that particular parapet design) and wait for a week for the production since it's not on standby in the factory. This type of designs are called "Special Designs".

NB: Special Designs (designs other than Standard Designs that are available in the factory) may or may not require extra cost. It depends on the complexity of the design you bring.

Standard Designs are delivered within 3-4 days after payment and installation starts immediately after delivery.

Special Designs are produced in the factory within a week after payment and delivered within 3-4 days after production. Installation starts immediately after delivery.

Kindly note that Polystyrene Parapet does not stop you from doing any Roofing of your choice, be it Stone-coated (Gerrard) or Aluminium (Steptiles, Metcopo and Longspan) or any other type of Roofing of your choice.

After reading the details above, kindly chose a design with the size of your choice, then send me the Architectural Drawing of the building through WhatsApp, to: 09037397456
I need to pick the dimensions of the external walls of the building from it to prepare the quotation.
Also include the location of the project.

Kindly note that I base in Ibadan but I work nationwide and the one and only Quality Polystyrene materials production factory, where I order materials from is in Abuja.
Perhaps you or your delegate can not come to our factory in Abuja for physical confirmation and you want to make payment to me directly, you can place a WhatsApp video call with me, while you screen-record my face and our conversation for evidence before you make payment.

I have to state this because honestly, we are in a world full of scammers online these days and it has resulted to trust issues when it comes to online dealings with legit business owners. This is why I stated that a video call could be placed while you screen-record it before you make payment to me at all.

If I refuse to deliver your materials or get your job done after collecting payment, you should report me to the EFCC or any other appropriate authorities with my details, including the video.

Also, I supply and install Stone-coated and Aluminium Roofing Tiles nationwide.

Kind regards.
Thank you.

Blessing Ọláoyè.
WhatsApp/Call 09037397456
BLEZYBEST BUILDING CONSTRUCTION COMPANY
Orogun, opposite NISER, Ibadan, Oyo State, Nigeria.

Motto: "The proof of the Pudding is in the eating."

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 12:21am On Jul 09, 2022
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 4:49am On Jul 09, 2022
https://www.nairaland.com/6609728/osinachiadima-global-enterprise

Quality stone wall tiles here with affordable price

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 4:50am On Jul 09, 2022

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 6:49am On Jul 09, 2022
erico2k2:

Thank you very much sir.I often tell people we Nigerians in Nigeria pay more tax than us in the US and UK
I disagree with you with passion sir please explain to us which of those taxes are you not paying without cutting any Conner, which is impossible to cut illegal conners as a UK resident .
The question should be how did the government utilize the little taxis this citizens pay? The brother as a point in regards to double taxation.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 7:49am On Jul 09, 2022
dongc:

We can try next time I am home..i have one multimeter to check output wattage/voltage.I dont know If shops like Albertina sells Chinese knock off as original..
Bros that generator is believed to 5.5 kva, our people make them write anything and brand on them. 7 years ago my friend call the manufacturer from US in China to make inquiries about that brand Sumac or sumic. They told us it was only one guy that import those generator to Nigeria then, the give him the guy Company name, phone, and offices address in Ikeja. He is surprise we get his information from China. I went to the guy office in Ikeja, he gives me little discount because we call the manufacture. I bought two of those generator, another friend bought 1 from him, it works well. it’s carry (1) 1.5 hp Ac (1hp Ac) refrigerator, water pump, and about 20 bulbs or so. Anything after that if field overload from the sound when running. It’s runs for 7 hours straight, stop let it rise for 3-5 hours then run it again. To have long lifespan from the generator it works for 4 years, before star have a problem. I just give it out. Note, not running like that for 4 years oo , some times. I may not need it for weeks. Another important thing people don’t pay attention to is Fuel consumed per hour, it is very very important when buying generator. I know many Nigerians don’t care about that because fuel is very cheap. It’s just like a car, if buy new car, you burn less gas per mileage than those good for nothing old Jeeps or truck as we call them. Do your research buy wisely.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 8:19am On Jul 09, 2022
We are powering this house with 10kva solar inveter.. no generator needed. All accessories are smart..

Let's be part of your project from the start...

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 8:40am On Jul 09, 2022
hamtabfawaz:

Those Government Agency, are fighting for their own pocket, I doubt if they remit all those crazy bill to government account.

They make everything tiring.

They don't.

Most go into their private pockets.

Aside Govt officials, civil servants and private workers are some of the most corrupt beings in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 8:41am On Jul 09, 2022
Stevo30:
Lagos State runs an agbero government. No where is this more apparent than in the build industry. They have multiple agencies in the building space. Each of these agencies milk you to the highest level. Planning approval, safety commission approval, labscal approval and stage certification, area boys money, omo onile money, LGA approval. Plus several officials in these agencies that you have to give money for them to do their work after you have paid official fees. I built in FCT without paying anybody kobo aside approved fees.

Yes, another agency came and put a stop work mark on the fence and wall.. Didn't pay though because the official I already engaged said he was going to handle it.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 8:44am On Jul 09, 2022
See this very generator, you can use it for many years without any issue. Whatever rating they have on it is exactly what it is.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 8:47am On Jul 09, 2022
DFAMEGUY11S:
https://www.nairaland.com/6609728/osinachiadima-global-enterprise

Quality stone wall tiles here with affordable price

These ones are very beautiful. How much per square meter?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 9:31am On Jul 09, 2022
sonnie10:

These ones are very beautiful. How much per square meter?
26000 per meter sir

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Slimszy: 9:46am On Jul 09, 2022
twinskenny:
We are powering this house with 10kva solar inveter.. no generator needed. All accessories are smart..

Let's be part of your project from the start...

Where are you located? I am in Abuja. I would need your service.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3052) (3053) (3054) (3055) (3056) (3057) (3058) ... (3669) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.