Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,000 members, 7,825,100 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:46 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3059) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4417705 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3056) (3057) (3058) (3059) (3060) (3061) (3062) ... (3672) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by QSFemi(m): 1:36pm On Jul 12, 2022
Good afternoon house.

We're still in the business of offering quantity surveying services which include;

1) Preparation of estimated cost of construction (Bill of Quantities).

2) Preparation of schedule of materials and labour (Breakdown of cost of materials and labour).

3) Valuation of construction works.

4) Project Management.

5) Pricing Bill of Quantities.

Contact us today and you will be glad you did.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by joedguy: 1:42pm On Jul 12, 2022
[quote author=topsy23 post=114659358]

A bundle of 2*2 ceiling is 10-pieces the last time was N4,500 but don't know the present price [/quote
Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KelvinCoaster(m): 1:56pm On Jul 12, 2022
Wande22:
i no wan spoil market for una but 35k for Business Name Registration The tin wey i do for 17k here in Ibadan weeks ago
I guess that's Abuja price + Agency fee.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Akerewe(m): 2:32pm On Jul 12, 2022
Aventures:
[Good day, I see we are talking about columns only what about the foundation mat. By Rule of thumb 4 nos of 16mm is required for a starter bars but don't be surprised a proper design may show you that some columns can use 12mm sufficiently. What I see here is that there is no prior structural design in this project you are building on what people say and do within that vicinity. My piece of advice pause the project engage a good structural engineer and use the out put of the design for corrections. And ensure you go for TMT Brand of reinforcement at the least.quote author=Akerewe post=114625232]

D total structure is length is 30 by 50 and the there are 16 (sixteen) columns in total. The space in between them are likely to be 10 feet maximum to the next column. As for the numbers of floors, it's just a storey building.
Currently, we did 5feets for the foundation and the total foundation casted is 3feet while the remaining 2feets are visible above the foundation for continuation. The sizes between rebars should be close to 12inch nd I was told to return it to 250mm henceforth. The column itself are all 9" inches wide.

Image attached below.

Thanks in anticipation of ur response

Ok thanks, I will do the needful
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cash1115(m): 2:49pm On Jul 12, 2022
His grace interior decoration we are your best plug, let turn your home to a paradise, we have the best touch and the finest finishing

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redcliff: 2:51pm On Jul 12, 2022
cash1115:
His grace interior decoration we are your best plug, let turn your home to a paradise, we have the best touch and the finest finishing

can we normalize not over designing ceilings anymore?

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dangoteinlaw: 3:23pm On Jul 12, 2022
erico2k2:

meant to be a 16MM stop the work fast, This the simple reason building collapse.
building collapse depends or results from some other factors sir not just steel size. The construction can still continue, there are ways around it.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 3:45pm On Jul 12, 2022
redcliff:

There is no such thing.... it depends on what individuals wants. We all have different taste.

Hajji M.

10 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rany4all(m): 4:23pm On Jul 12, 2022
redcliff:

Structural elements can be normalized, but not aesthetics. That is a very subjective matter. One man's meat, another's poison... grin

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redcliff: 4:26pm On Jul 12, 2022
Rany4all:
Structural elements can be normalized, but not aesthetics. That is a very subjective matter. One man's meat, another's poison... grin

chei. all these blue and red disco lights on the ceiling is someone's meat? Damn!

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by micgray100(m): 4:26pm On Jul 12, 2022
Wande22:
i no wan spoil market for una but 35k for Business Name Registration The tin wey i do for 17k here in Ibadan weeks ago

There is more to just register a business name,
where you issued TIN NUMBER?
where you issue Tax clearance certificate?
is you line of business encompassing?
is yours registration a partnership or sole proprietorship?

If your agent did not do all the above.... OYO IS YOUR CASE O....

I AM AN ACCREDIITED AGENT WITH CAC... AND I DO COMPLETE PACKAGE FOR BUSINESS NAME REGISTRATION FOR 35K..

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by checkmatez: 4:34pm On Jul 12, 2022
micgray100:

I AM AN ACCREDIITED AGENT WITH CAC... AND I DO COMPLETE PACKAGE FOR BUSINESS NAME REGISTRATION FOR 35K..
then state it all in your advert for future reference

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by huzzman: 5:43pm On Jul 12, 2022
Hello house,I've been a silent member on this forum and I need help on a 4 bedroom Bungalow with security house wiring.

My electrician gave a quotation for the cables and I feel like this list is too much with labour's work.

I don't want to buy what will be a waste and am worried about the 16mm red coils as well because I already gotten black 16mm,like is the 16mm red coil necessary?

I'll be grateful for y'all contributions.

Thanks.

@twinskenny
@topsy
Help me.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by toyeoye(m): 5:47pm On Jul 12, 2022
checkmatez:
then state it all in your advert for future reference

For me na DIY I run am all but some people no get time and that's the market

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Wande22(m): 5:51pm On Jul 12, 2022
micgray100:

EGBON, as I said, na your line of business be dat
Na 1 pesin business be dat and yes I have my TIN & odas

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rany4all(m): 6:06pm On Jul 12, 2022
redcliff:

chei. all these blue and red disco lights on the ceiling is someone's meat? Damn!
grin grin grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 7:06pm On Jul 12, 2022
dangoteinlaw:
building collapse depends or results from some other factors sir not just steel size. The construction can still continue, there are ways around it.
I disagree here sir.in as much there is going to be a slab of another building on top of it, no Architect will prescribe less than Y16.if U ask for the plan you won't see Y12 but Y16

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 7:30pm On Jul 12, 2022
huzzman:
Hello house,I've been a silent member on this forum and I need help on a 4 bedroom Bungalow with security house wiring.

My electrician gave a quotation for the cables and I feel like this list is too much with labour's work.

I don't want to buy what will be a waste and am worried about the 16mm red coils as well because I already gotten black 16mm,like is the 16mm red coil necessary?

I'll be grateful for y'all contributions.

Thanks.

@twinskenny
@topsy
Help me.

You ve chatted me already
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bastien: 7:34pm On Jul 12, 2022
Timtol:
[b]4bedroom Duplex
For more enquiries
WhatsApp (08100452977)
Other line 08127167275
Link: [/b]https://dioritestructures.com.ng/product/contemporary-modern-4bedroom-duplex-with-a-bq-rf-4011bd/

this is beautiful nice one

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dangoteinlaw: 8:07pm On Jul 12, 2022
erico2k2:

I disagree here sir.in as much there is going to be a slab of another building on top of it, no Architect will prescribe less than Y16.if U ask for the plan you won't see Y12 but Y16
well I could have said or make some recommendations but I have no knowledge of the soil test reports I even doubt a soil test was carried out. So for that I will have to agree with you then. These clients should stop putting lives at risk, stop allowing ignorant secondary school dropout contractors into misleading them. I remember seeing a video on tiktok where a full completed structure has to be brought done because they allowed themselves to be mislead by a quack.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Aventures(m): 8:29pm On Jul 12, 2022
dangoteinlaw:
Beyond building collapse, the building may start failing serviceability. Where by you columns start bulging and cracks and at that time correction would be so expensive. Let's build beyond avoiding collapse only lets build to last an appreciably. Building should be an investment and not liability. Many are building today thinking they are investigating but it may eventually turn to liability when the building start generating issues and it keeps collecting all funds generated for repairs.
To my amazement 2 yrs ago I converted a duplex to a storey building of 3 bedrooms flats believe me the quality of work done about 30yrs ago was top quality and comfortably we did the restructuring and the owner is cashing out big time.

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 8:44pm On Jul 12, 2022
Aventures:
Beyond building collapse, the building may start failing serviceability. Where by you columns start bulging and cracks and at that time correction would be so expensive. Let's build beyond avoiding collapse only lets build to last an appreciably. Building should be an investment and not liability. Many are building today thinking they are investigating but it may eventually turn to liability when the building start generating issues and it keeps collecting all funds generated for repairs.
To my amazement 2 yrs ago I converted a duplex to a storey building of 3 bedrooms flats believe me the quality of work done about 30yrs ago was top quality and comfortably we did the restructuring and the owner is cashing out big time.

True talk. I did a renovation work in Lagos and this house was built 90's, believe me the block is very strong. We have to use cutting machine throughout ..

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dangoteinlaw: 8:52pm On Jul 12, 2022
Aventures:
i agree. it begins with the client. a client that evades the planning stage and even question quality materials because he wants to save cost should expect a building catastrophe.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Aventures(m): 9:02pm On Jul 12, 2022
topsy23:

True talk. I did a renovation work in Lagos and this house was built 90's, believe me the block is very strong. We have to use cutting machine throughout ..
unfortunately such blocks can still be achieved but cost isn't friendly. The one I renovated was double cavity blocks bro over strong dey worry those blocks

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Aventures(m): 9:10pm On Jul 12, 2022
dangoteinlaw:
i agree. it begins with the client. a client that evades the planning stage and even question quality materials because he wants to save cost should expect a building catastrophe.
Yes chief, client determines how a project goes. Moreso most client don't like investing in planning, meanwhile planning is like a 40% of a successful project.
Client wants drawings ready in one week, no reviews , no criticism, no future plan for restructuring, no economy evaluation of the proposed design.

Please always engage your design team for proper evaluation, have full understanding of what you are about to build if possible secretly engage another experience designer to help evaluate. Distance shouldn't be a barrier. Thanks to zoom and other bussiness tools for online meeting.
Also please always engage qualified team. Allow reasonable time for planning.

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 9:59pm On Jul 12, 2022
Want a neatly carve out pop designs? We are there for you...

Whatsapp 07088534661

Real job attached below..

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 1:23am On Jul 13, 2022
redcliff:

To add to this debate what would you say about a house that uses Philips Hue bulbs whose light colors can be changed by the owner via its smartphone app?

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dangoteinlaw: 6:11am On Jul 13, 2022
Aventures:
Yes chief, client determines how a project goes. Moreso most client don't like investing in planning, meanwhile planning is like a 40% of a successful project.
Client wants drawings ready in one week, no reviews , no criticism, no future plan for restructuring, no economy evaluation of the proposed design.

Please always engage your design team for proper evaluation, have full understanding of what you are about to build if possible secretly engage another experience designer to help evaluate. Distance shouldn't be a barrier. Thanks to zoom and other bussiness tools for online meeting.
Also please always engage qualified team. Allow reasonable time for planning.
A week? Most clients wants drawings ready the same day, they have the notion that drawings are too easy to produce that it should not take any time at all hence the reason many don't want to pay for it but only a few understand it's value. Without planning a project is failed already. Thanks to technology an architect can work anywhere in the world and still deliver the same quality even more efficiently infact it has become very easy as compared to before. I haven't been to ibadan but I'm actively involved in a project there now and it's already at the roof stage. Well Educated clients are always ready to engage professionals but those client that made money by hook or crook will not take your advice until the worse happens.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 7:44am On Jul 13, 2022
cash1115:

The way you guys soak yourself in this pop mixture, please try to be safety conscious. Apart from cancer, there are so many other diseases that could result from inhaling fine particles. COPD , Asthma, Bronchitis are some of them.

Note, I am not saying that POP is carcinogen .
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 8:46am On Jul 13, 2022
bastien:
this is beautiful nice one
Thanks Chief... We would love to get one done for you....
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 9:27am On Jul 13, 2022
erico2k2:

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cash1115(m): 9:46am On Jul 13, 2022
redcliff:

it about choice sir

(1) (2) (3) ... (3056) (3057) (3058) (3059) (3060) (3061) (3062) ... (3672) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: otedola1(m), dangoteinlaw and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.