Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,292 members, 7,829,664 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:15 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3057) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4430116 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3054) (3055) (3056) (3057) (3058) (3059) (3060) ... (3674) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 2:32pm On Jul 10, 2022
Happy Sunday to everyone

Call us today for your Electrical and Mechanical design and installation

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ceelog(m): 4:41pm On Jul 10, 2022
Akerewe:

Good day engineers in the house,
Pls i need professional insight as to know if I can extend or continue a building pillars with 16mm iron ROD having 12mm in the foundation after the initial error on the 12mm thickness as stated in the above write up.

Thanks in anticipation of your earliest professional response
My humble advice.

Nb: I am Not an Engr.

Get a professional Engr to remove the 10mm casted pillars and recast them properly with 16mm and continue to extend to another floor.

Not too late to do the right thing.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 6:01pm On Jul 10, 2022
Akerewe:

Good day engineers in the house,
Pls i need professional insight as to know if I can extend or continue a building pillars with 16mm iron ROD having 12mm in the foundation after the initial error on the 12mm thickness as stated in the above write up.

Thanks in anticipation of your earliest professional response

Are you taking the building to a storey building or the pillar is just to support the building load like parapet and roofing?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Akerewe(m): 6:03pm On Jul 10, 2022
topsy23:

Are you taking the building to a storey building or the pillar is just to support the building load like parapet and roofing?

To a 1 storey building (12mm was boldly written on it's body nd pple said it's what pple use everywhere for a storey building). Picture attached below.
Pls advice me on if it's possible to continue with d full 12mm or preferably 16mm

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 6:16pm On Jul 10, 2022
Akerewe:

To a 1 storey building

Did you involve engineer from the begining of the project? Because 12mm reinforcement is not the right iron for storey building. You might need to introduce another pillar using 16mm to support the existing one.

Building engineer and structural engineer are on this forum, they will throw more light on how you will go about it .

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Akerewe(m): 6:20pm On Jul 10, 2022
topsy23:

Did you involve engineer from the begining of the project? Because 12mm reinforcement is not the right iron for storey building. You might need to introduce another pillar using 16mm to support the existing one.

Building engineer and structural engineer are on this forum, they will throw more light on how you will go about it .

Yes I involved an engineer nd I was told 12mm is ok but the welder collected money for 12mm nd got this type which 12mm was written on it's body but after d casting I decided to check d iron with caliper we discovered its below 12mm in size nd it's already casted. D engineer said that's d 12mm everyone is using but am still worried because d caliper show that it's not d full 12mm size but 12mm was written on it's body

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 6:29pm On Jul 10, 2022
Akerewe:

Yes I involved an engineer nd I was told 12mm is ok but the welder collected money for 12mm nd got this type which 12mm was written on it's body but after d casting I decided to check d iron with caliper we discovered its below 12mm in size nd it's already casted. D engineer said that's d 12mm everyone is using but am still worried because d caliper show that it's not d full 12mm size but 12mm was written on it's body

Well, if the reading is still between 11.5mm - 11.7mm I believe is still okay. Since there is no regulatory body monitoring the manufacturing standard we will keep on having this issues .

That's just the truth

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by naijacreativeha(f): 7:35pm On Jul 10, 2022
QSFemi:
Sorry to ask, aren't you a Quantity Surveyor?
yes, i am a qs that is why i am asking for prices instead of market surveying. the hike in prices are really affecting, have not been in Nigeria for a while, just came in and i needed to prepare a bill that night. is it bad to ask questions. qs femi

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 7:55pm On Jul 10, 2022
Review from potential Client

For Quality Roofing Sheet and Rain Gutter
Whatsapp 08085310359

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Gigaset: 8:38pm On Jul 10, 2022
I'll advise you to seek another structural engineer advise before is too late
Akerewe:

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by chimoskyg(m): 9:13pm On Jul 10, 2022
Please what’s the cost of precast parapet.
I have the cements and other materials needed already.
Just Casting and installing. Labor cost for per square and installation.
Below is the picture

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Akerewe(m): 9:51pm On Jul 10, 2022
topsy23:

Well, if the reading is still between 11.5mm - 11.7mm I believe is still okay. Since there is no regulatory body monitoring the manufacturing standard we will keep on having this issues .

That's just the truth

Ok thanks, but can I continue from there with d normal/real 12mm size or higher size rod
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Akerewe(m): 9:53pm On Jul 10, 2022
Gigaset:
I'll advise you to seek another structural engineer advise before is too late

Ok thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Enyinne(f): 9:58pm On Jul 10, 2022
Pls dont continue as I believe 12mm is not the right one . My structural Engineer used 16mm from foundation for the same type of building and he used 12mm on the upper floor with some keep pillars using 16mm . Consult a good Engineer to avoid stories that touch
Akerewe:

Ok thanks, but can I continue from there with d normal/real 12mm size or higher size rod

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Akerewe(m): 10:28pm On Jul 10, 2022
Enyinne:
Pls dont continue as I believe 12mm is not the right one . My structural Engineer used 16mm from foundation for the same type of building and he used 12mm on the upper floor with some keep pillars using 16mm . Consult a good Engineer to avoid stories that touch

Ok thanks no wahala, pls help me consult ur engineer if I can continue with 16mm because my engineer and everybody here said dat iron is ok nd thats what pple r buying as 12mm. Can I continue with 16mm
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 10:45pm On Jul 10, 2022
Akerewe:

12mm is not the right iron

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Enyinne(f): 11:01pm On Jul 10, 2022
No allow bricklayers to deceive u. grin 16mm is the right iron for foundation. Pls consult a proper structural Engineer for further advise.
Akerewe:

Ok thanks no wahala, pls help me consult ur engineer if I can continue with 16mm because my engineer and everybody here said dat iron is ok nd thats what pple r buying as 12mm. Can I continue with 16mm

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by qwertyboss(m): 2:50am On Jul 11, 2022
Akerewe:

To a 1 storey building (12mm was boldly written on it's body nd pple said it's what pple use everywhere for a storey building). Picture attached below.
Pls advice me on if it's possible to continue with d full 12mm or preferably 16mm
You could have started with 16mm at the ground floor and maybe continue with 12mm on first floor even though is not recommendation...
In column the minimum reinforcement size should be Y16mm with R10mm links at 200mm centres according to Victor Y. Adenuga...
If you need any manual Structural design, input or advice feel free to contact me on WhatsApp on 08021248572 ...
Better too late than never! Because later on if the structure fails you will loose money and probably lives

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by qwertyboss(m): 2:58am On Jul 11, 2022
Akerewe:

Hope you are measuring the non deformed part...
And as long as the diameter is atleast 11mm I don't think that's a problem because the Strength of steel considered for design is 410N/mm² instead of 460N/mm² due to the such inconsistencies in Nigerian standards.
And the area of steel provided in the design is more than the one required normally...
Even though we should try to meet these standards of materials to achieve greater structural integrity

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Procarpenter: 8:15am On Jul 11, 2022
Call or WhatsApp me for your roofing carpenter work my price is affordable I’ll give you the best quotation and the best work my number is down below

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cash1115(m): 8:31am On Jul 11, 2022
Done

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redgem(f): 9:02am On Jul 11, 2022
micgray100:

Still Available... Call or Watsapp..070327...28941

How much will they be going for?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessedsunny2(m): 9:10am On Jul 11, 2022
Good morning everyone it still your blessed sunny global investment home of building materials & blessed Sam building material enterprises.
Tiles
Dealer
Here

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 11:16am On Jul 11, 2022
Another 12 to 15 percent increase coming on pop cement soon... bag to be sold sound 7800 to 8k...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Myzubby(m): 11:18am On Jul 11, 2022
We Are seashelters limited .
We have top quality stone coated

roofing tiles(4500/sqm)

Water collectors(affordable rates )

Turkish doors .(220k/320k) 3ft and 4ft respectively.

Wallpapers.(3000).
Location. Nnewi Anambra state .
WhatsApp:09165705880.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Myzubby(m): 11:19am On Jul 11, 2022
Yes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Myzubby(m): 11:20am On Jul 11, 2022
Strong doors

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Myzubby(m): 11:20am On Jul 11, 2022
Available in stock

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Myzubby(m): 11:21am On Jul 11, 2022
Water collectors

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Aforxzy(f): 11:26am On Jul 11, 2022
It's not about changing the size of the reinforcements bars but the load the columns will be expected to support. The size and numbers of rebars provided for each column is a function of the load and area.

You need to let us know the numbers of floor that will be supported by the column as well as the distance between each columns.
This can be determined from the structural layout of each floor and roof.

You should also seek the services of a structural engineer for an on-site assessment.

Safety first.

[quote author=Akerewe post=1146094
no wahala, pls help me consult ur engineer if I can continue with 16mm because my engineer and everybody here said dat iron is ok nd thats what pple r buying as 12mm. Can I continue with 16mm[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) ... (3054) (3055) (3056) (3057) (3058) (3059) (3060) ... (3674) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: twinskenny(m), sodiq961(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.