Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,898 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:38 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3058) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4399079 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3055) (3056) (3057) (3058) (3059) (3060) (3061) ... (3668) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Akerewe(m): 12:44pm On Jul 11, 2022
Aforxzy:
It's not about changing the size of the reinforcements bars but the load the columns will be expected to support. The size and numbers of rebars provided for each column is a function of the load and area.

You need to let us know the numbers of floor that will be supported by the column as well as the distance between each columns.
This can be determined from the structural layout of each floor and roof.

You should also seek the services of a structural engineer for an on-site assessment.

Safety first.

D total structure is length is 30 by 50 and the there are 16 (sixteen) columns in total. The space in between them are likely to be 10 feet maximum to the next column. As for the numbers of floors, it's just a storey building.
Currently, we did 5feets for the foundation and the total foundation casted is 3feet while the remaining 2feets are visible above the foundation for continuation. The sizes between rebars should be close to 12inch nd I was told to return it to 250mm henceforth. The column itself are all 9" inches wide.

Image attached below.

Thanks in anticipation of ur response

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Aforxzy(f): 1:24pm On Jul 11, 2022
Is this the foundation column cos I don't understand this picture..

Can you show the full picture with other building elements?

And if you can share the structural floor layout of the foundation and the first floor it might help too.

If you are at the foundation stage., then you can chisel /break the concrete cast to add the 16mm rods.

Akerewe:

D total structure is length is 30 by 50 and the there are 16 (sixteen) columns in total. The space in between them are likely to be 10 feet maximum to the next column. As for the numbers of floors, it's just a storey building.
Currently, we did 5feets for the foundation and the total foundation casted is 3feet while the remaining 2feets are visible above the foundation for continuation. The sizes between rebars should be close to 12inch nd I was told to return it to 250mm henceforth. The column itself are all 9" inches wide.

Image attached below.

Thanks in anticipation of ur response

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 1:28pm On Jul 11, 2022
Aforxzy:
It's not about changing the size of the reinforcements bars but the load the columns will be expected to support. The size and numbers of rebars provided for each column is a function of the load and area.

You need to let us know the numbers of floor that will be supported by the column as well as the distance between each columns.
This can be determined from the structural layout of each floor and roof.

You should also seek the services of a structural engineer for an on-site assessment.

Safety first.

I've been waiting for you to comment. Well done.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by QSFemi(m): 1:30pm On Jul 11, 2022
It's not bad to ask questions.

But I feel since you're a QS, you can easily get those data from QS forums rather than asking on this public forum.

[quote author=naijacreativeha post=114604365][/quote]
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by QSFemi(m): 1:32pm On Jul 11, 2022
Buy Dangote cement and win goodies even to the tune of millions.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 2:58pm On Jul 11, 2022
diordaves:

You don't pay road tax because for bought your car brand new? Really? So road tax is for the poor people of the UK then who are unfortunate to by second hand cars. Vehicle Excise Duty (VED) - also known as road tax, car tax, or the road fund licence - can be a confusing topic to understand.

If you're buying a new car, you will pay road tax based on the latest system that was introduced on 1 April 2017, and most recently adjusted for April 2022 onwards. If you are buying a used car that was registered before April 2017, then the rate you pay will be based on the system that applied at the time of registration, even if the car is still in production.
https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-exempt-from-vehicle-tax

You better call DVLA (Licencing authority) now to send you your road tax invoice or one day you go wake up them don clamp your car. If you bought a brand new car, you may not pay road tax for one year that is because the car company has paid it for you as part of their sales gimmick not that new car owners don't pay road tax. Where is that done? We the poor people that can't afford new car for done halla. After one year, you carry your kaya and start paying road tax by yourself.

The discussion is about Nigeria tax base as it applies to the housing sector and you said Nigeria has a broader tax base than the UK. This is screamingly so inaccurate. Let's leave road tax, petrol tax and the rest and focus the discussion on the housing sector.

Does Nigeria operate and implement the below listed:

CAPITAL (PROPERTY) GAIN TAX - for the home base, Property gain tax is simply if you sell a property that is not your main residence and make a profit, you will pay tax on the profit and you will pay income tax and you will pay VAT. Nigeria know weather you sell property? not to talk of collecting gain tax.
https://www.gov.uk/capital-gains-tax/rates#:~:text=28%25%20on%20your%20gains%20from,gains%20from%20other%20chargeable%20assets

INHERITANCE TAX - again for the home base, here in the UK, if you inherit a property from your parents that is above a certain amount, you will pay inheritance tax. This tax is so huge that some kids will sell the property in order to pay the inheritance tax. Some children to avoid the tax will sell the property while the parent is alive and put the parent in a care home and use the money to pay for care. It is that serious. Nigeria get inheritance tax. Not that I know of.
https://www.gov.uk/inheritance-tax

STAMP DUTY LAND TAX - You must pay Stamp Duty Land Tax (SDLT) if you buy a property or land over a certain price in England and Northern Ireland. For the home base, you pay the tax when you:

#buy a freehold property

#buy a new or existing leasehold

#buy a property through a shared ownership scheme

#are transferred land or property in exchange for payment, for example you take on a mortgage or buy a share in a house.
https://www.gov.uk/stamp-duty-land-tax

I'm not sure you understand or grasp the extensive tax regime system in the UK. So you think the UK is about the 5th biggest economy in the world partly only form income tax collection and VAT? I shake my head in Urhobo.

Any which way you turn in the UK, you pay tax if not directly then indirectly.
Do you know how to check for a car.s road tax fee,ULEZ and congestion charge with thier Number plate??
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by micgray100(m): 3:15pm On Jul 11, 2022
redgem:

How much will they be going for?

35k BUSINESS NAME.. (VENTURES OR ENTERPRISES)

75K... LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY (LLC)

150K..... NGO OR ASSOCIATION (TRUSTEE)

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redgem(f): 3:21pm On Jul 11, 2022
micgray100:

You said you have wires for sale....!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by micgray100(m): 3:46pm On Jul 11, 2022
redgem:

You said you have wires for sale....!

OK... FOR THE ORIGINAL COLEMAN ELECTRICAL CABLES

1.5MM 10,500

2.5MM 17,500

6MM 44,000
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 3:59pm On Jul 11, 2022
Akerewe:

Good day engineers in the house,
Pls i need professional insight as to know if I can extend or continue a building pillars with 16mm iron ROD having 12mm in the foundation after the initial error on the 12mm thickness as stated in the above write up.

Thanks in anticipation of your earliest professional response
Good day sir, getting it done correctly is what matters most in building construction, it should be 100% accurate and precise.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 4:16pm On Jul 11, 2022
erico2k2:

Do you know how to check for a car.s road tax fee,ULEZ and congestion charge with thier Number plate??

https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/check-your-vehicle/
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 7:02pm On Jul 11, 2022
diordaves:

https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/check-your-vehicle/
Ok check this car and tell me what it pays SW14JXO it belongs to my friend and let us take this to the living in the UK section under travel section, I have quoted ur name there so reply there plz as this is building section!

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 7:04pm On Jul 11, 2022
Akerewe:

To a 1 storey building (12mm was boldly written on it's body nd pple said it's what pple use everywhere for a storey building). Picture attached below.
Pls advice me on if it's possible to continue with d full 12mm or preferably 16mm
meant to be a 16MM stop the work fast, This the simple reason building collapse.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Akerewe(m): 8:28pm On Jul 11, 2022
erico2k2:

meant to be a 16MM stop the work fast, This the simple reason building collapse.

Ok thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BiigTee: 8:52pm On Jul 11, 2022
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Alexefex(m): 9:54pm On Jul 11, 2022
I have 4 flats for sale in COCA-COLA ESTATE, Mowe, Ogun State.
Property has C of O, registered Survey and receipt.
Newly developing estate, security, tarred road, borehole and electricity. Selling for really cheap. Owner is trying to raise funds for a business.

Selling for Under 15M.. Just make an offer.

0-8-0 23820278
Alex
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 11:18pm On Jul 11, 2022
erico2k2:

Ok check this car and tell me what it pays SW14JXO it belongs to my friend and let us take this to the living in the UK section under travel section, I have quoted ur name there so reply there plz as this is building section!

Sorry I can't check this for data protection reasons. I don't think I've visited the travel section before but I will do so now that you've mentioned it.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 11:36pm On Jul 11, 2022
diordaves:

Sorry I can't check this for data protection reasons. I don't think I've visited the travel section before but I will do so now that you've mentioned it.
you cant check this cos of data protection? who's Data protection or you already did and realized they wont pay ULEZ and you are one of them people who cant man up to say they are wrong when it is steering at them right in the face. These are cars for sale on Ebay so Im struggling to understand where you pushing ur arguments to, anyway I asked to visit travel section cos there are shyte loads of person who know these cars are ULEZ free and live i n the Uk!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 11:48pm On Jul 11, 2022
[b]4bedroom Duplex
For more enquiries
WhatsApp (08100452977)
Other line 08127167275
Link: [/b]https://dioritestructures.com.ng/product/contemporary-modern-4bedroom-duplex-with-a-bq-rf-4011bd/

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redgem(f): 12:31am On Jul 12, 2022
micgray100:

OK... FOR THE ORIGINAL COLEMAN ELECTRICAL CABLES

1.5MM 10,500

2.5MM 17,500

6MM 44,000

No difference from market price

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by iammarvellux(m): 4:21am On Jul 12, 2022
EID MUBARAK to all my customers both my Muslim brothers and Sisters,

Come let's go for a FREE SITE INSPECTION..Chat/WhatsApp +2348038781738

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 9:38am On Jul 12, 2022
kiekie1:
HURRY!! LIMITED STOCK!!!

Brand new 1000 watts 12v Pure sine wave power Inverter (no charging feature). It works with any deep cycle / tubular / lithium battery capacity of your choice.

Ideal for users on a budget and for keeps as rainy-day backup.Ideal for campers. Ideal for 12v off-grid systems "optional external battery charger can be attached to supplement solar array against periodic rainy weather". Ideal for automobile uses ensuring pure sine wave safe output.

Actual/Continuous power is 1000w. Peak power is 2000w. Soft start feature enhances smooth powering of refrigerator, sensitive appliances.
Idle watt consumption 7 watts.

Protection features:
-Low voltage shutdown
-Over voltage shutdown
-Short circuit shutdown
-Over temperature shutdown
-Overload protection
-Polarity reverse fuse protection
-Earth leakage protection

Firm Price: 40,000

Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL ONLY:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: http://.us/w/?c=a46ea5

Available...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 9:39am On Jul 12, 2022
WE BUY DEAD/SCRAP BATTERIES!!!

We also buy off scrap/dead deep cycle batteries from any state to Lagos (Terms & Condition applies) ..

12v 200a .... N20,000
12v 150a.....N15,000
12v 100a.......N10,000
2v 500a ......N6,000

Free pickup within Lagos mainland ! Shared cost logistics within Lagos Island environs . . If outside Lagos state , send the scrap batteries to your nearby Lagos park & get your payment alert immediately after confirmatory remarks from me with the transport company manager / secretary or driver (shared logistics cost depending on scrap battery quantity) ..

Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: http://.us/w/?c=a46ea5

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Myzubby(m): 9:45am On Jul 12, 2022
We Are seashelters limited .
We have top quality stone coated

roofing tiles(4500/sqm)

Water collectors(affordable rates )

Turkish doors .(220k/320k) 3ft and 4ft respectively.

Wallpapers.(3000).
Location. Nnewi Anambra state .
WhatsApp:09165705880.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Myzubby(m): 9:48am On Jul 12, 2022

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Aventures(m): 10:00am On Jul 12, 2022
[Good day, I see we are talking about columns only what about the foundation mat. By Rule of thumb 4 nos of 16mm is required for a starter bars but don't be surprised a proper design may show you that some columns can use 12mm sufficiently. What I see here is that there is no prior structural design in this project you are building on what people say and do within that vicinity. My piece of advice pause the project engage a good structural engineer and use the out put of the design for corrections. And ensure you go for TMT Brand of reinforcement at the least.quote author=Akerewe post=114625232]

Image attached below.

Thanks in anticipation of ur response [/quote]

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Wande22(m): 10:14am On Jul 12, 2022
micgray100:

i no wan spoil market for una but 35k for Business Name Registration The tin wey i do for 17k here in Ibadan weeks ago

8 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 11:02am On Jul 12, 2022
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 12:15pm On Jul 12, 2022
Greetings house.
I created a thread on a simple way to determine painting charges on another..
Here's the link to the thread for those interested: https://www.nairaland.com/7223430/simple-way-determine-painting-charges#114656966

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Kingdemu: 12:33pm On Jul 12, 2022
Wande22:
i no wan spoil market for una but 35k for Business Name Registration The tin wey i do for 17k here in Ibadan weeks ago
Did mine for 15k last week in Jos. Got the cert after 2days. I shock as I see am dey advertise for 35k.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by joedguy: 1:14pm On Jul 12, 2022
Greetings professionals.
Pls how much is nigerite ceiling boards and how many boards are in a bundle. Thanks in advance
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 1:27pm On Jul 12, 2022
joedguy:
Greetings professionals.
Pls how much is nigerite ceiling boards and how many boards are in a bundle. Thanks in advance

A bundle of 2*2 ceiling is 10-pieces the last time was N4,500 but don't know the present price

(1) (2) (3) ... (3055) (3056) (3057) (3058) (3059) (3060) (3061) ... (3668) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Nachory and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.