Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,467 members, 7,850,618 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 06:03 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (310) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4478078 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) ... (3688) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 10:55am On Jun 11, 2016
tevanso:
what we do about that ,is to properly lay tiles on the entire exposed area and u will be rest assure ur thank is safe. the problem we have in this part of the world is a proper planned periodic maintenance for our properties. For instance there should be a periodic timetable for watching our surface tanks.

That's the issue and why I said earlier that it's not an install and forget deal.

A little leak that is undetected overtime is huge.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by write2obi(m): 10:56am On Jun 11, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Knives too...cause sometimes you need to be up close and personal and look at the whites of their eyes grin
This one could cut you, Just by looking at them grin grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by write2obi(m): 11:03am On Jun 11, 2016
tevanso:
what we do about that ,is to properly lay tiles on the entire exposed area and u will be rest assure ur thank is safe. the problem we have in this part of the world is a proper planned periodic maintenance for our properties. For instance there should be a periodic timetable for watching our surface tanks.
That you are correct about, maintenance involves money, and we don't want to keep spending money on our already completed property.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 11:47am On Jun 11, 2016
Barryton:

thanks alot... i really do appreciate this.
but for a bungalow, is there any specified height?

The rule of thumb is 1 meter minimum above the level of the installed water heater. Mind you, water heater is normally installed close to the ceiling about or above the height of the lintel level. So if you did three courses (coaches) after lintel. your water heater may be higher than someone who did two courses after lintel because you have a higher headroom. So if you now follow the specification of such person with two courses, you may have water pressure problem because your level is higher.

Another reason to follow the 1 meter rule is the need to benefit from maximum tank capacity use. How? if your water tower is not high enough, you will only have good water pressure only if your tank is full and once your tank is half full, no pressure.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 11:55am On Jun 11, 2016
Goodmorning everyone from Mama Charlie country grin grin,I wish everyone a good sunny day that will enable them achieve capacity at work today without rain and nothing but sunshine cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by beedam(f): 12:03pm On Jun 11, 2016
EgunMogaji:

This one that you're smiling just anyhow cheesy

#MySignature

Why won't I laugh. FastShipping used the best word.

I don reach your signature come back ooo.

No be small thing.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AZUH: 1:38pm On Jun 11, 2016
@egunmojagi your singnature ? Yes I did . Any problem ? I don't have any problem with my house I only complained about the dpc . And the water issue has bin solved . We did only landscaping . Soon you will get the pics .
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AZUH: 1:44pm On Jun 11, 2016
@egunmojagi is this your hand work ? I hope it's your house oh. If you try this kind of mess with me . I won't unclad to look for you . I dey mad. I know watin I go do .

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Barryton: 3:29pm On Jun 11, 2016
diordaves:

The rule of thumb is 1 meter minimum above the level of the installed water heater. Mind you, water heater is normally installed close to the ceiling about or above the height of the lintel level. So if you did three courses (coaches) after lintel. your water heater may be higher than someone who did two courses after lintel because you have a higher headroom. So if you now follow the specification of such person with two courses, you may have water pressure problem because your level is higher.

Another reason to follow the 1 meter rule is the need to benefit from maximum tank capacity use. How? if your water tower is not high enough, you will only have good water pressure only if your tank is full and once your tank is half full, no pressure

is the 1 meter above the head course of the building or roof height? e.g building height 3m, then tank stand 4m?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by agarawu23(m): 3:49pm On Jun 11, 2016
write2obi:

If you are not yet a landlord, and you are providing all this for a woman!
My brother angel Micheal is soaking your cane in kerosene . grin grin grin
one of my pal in Europe told me to buy the new Samsung s7 that cost 350€ since its the latest phone in town as big boy concern.

I was like wtf! 350 *400# = #140 000 (1000 blocks. ) Olohun oni ba temi je', my current phone no reach 20k

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by agarawu23(m): 3:52pm On Jun 11, 2016
AZUH:
@agarawu I am fine . We are just busy !!! How is life ? Hope you are fine ? What about your niccur the church n mosque building engineer Egunmojagi ?
good to hear you are fine. Life is good with me.

I am patiently waiting for the outcome of your site.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by write2obi(m): 3:54pm On Jun 11, 2016
agarawu23:
one of my pal in Europe told me to buy the new Samsung s7 that cost 350€ since its the latest phone in town as big boy concern.

I was like wtf! 350 *400# = #140 000 (1000 blocks. ) Olohun oni ba temi je', my current phone no reach 20k
If he is well established already, then no problem.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by agarawu23(m): 3:55pm On Jun 11, 2016
tevanso:
bro u need to plan that before laying blocks in order to input columns that will hold the intending slab
yes I know that. It should be well planned and maintainace should be on a roster
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by agarawu23(m): 3:57pm On Jun 11, 2016
write2obi:

If he is well established already, then no problem.
we aren't the same. I can't put my 100k on gadgets. I wasn't tot that way.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by write2obi(m): 4:03pm On Jun 11, 2016
agarawu23:
we aren't the same. I can't put my 100k on gadgets. I wasn't tot that way.
I'll take it that you are not a gadget man. My phone and laptop are my best companion, so i always make sure i get the best my pockek can afford.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ottersberger(m): 4:04pm On Jun 11, 2016
agarawu23:

A quick check revealed that Samsung S7 costs 649 Euros here.

So, its more like, 649 * 400 = 259,600 = 2163 Blocks (Block @ ₦120?)

Oga, that man no be your friend. angry

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by agarawu23(m): 4:05pm On Jun 11, 2016
write2obi:

I'll take it that you are not a gadget man. My phone and laptop are my best companion, so i always make sure i get the best my pockek can afford.
your pocket can afford like buying bb passport for 350k cool
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 4:07pm On Jun 11, 2016
agarawu23:
your pocket can afford like buying bb passport for 350k cool

He is a business man and he needs it for his business. smiley

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by agarawu23(m): 4:09pm On Jun 11, 2016
ottersberger:

A quick check revealed that Samsung S7 costs 649 Euros here.

So, its more like, 649 * 400 = 259,600 = 2163 Blocks (Block @ ₦120?)

Oga, that man no be your friend. angry

so e even pass 350 euros? When i am not on spell. angry

Not that he is not a friend, we all can't just reason same way. Lavish lifestyle ended In my life In 2013.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jun 11, 2016
I'm a sucker for electronics and gadgets and watches.

I have about 6 of Agarawus plots in watches alone angry

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jun 11, 2016
agarawu23:
so e even pass 350 euros? When i am not on spell. angry

Not that he is not a friend, we all can't just reason same way. Lavish lifestyle ended In my life In 2013.

Tell us the story now grin

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by agarawu23(m): 4:12pm On Jun 11, 2016
mufutau55:

He is a business man and he needs it for his business.

Hajji M.
baba, a lot of android phones out there will perform same task cool a small android and a laptop is okay for me to perform any task online.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by agarawu23(m): 4:14pm On Jun 11, 2016
EgunMogaji:

shocked this is the time you can make use of opportunities o, dollar is 360#. lipsrsealed walai assuming say my papa get house for USA, na this season we go sell am.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by agarawu23(m): 4:18pm On Jun 11, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Tell us the story now grin
baba, story for another day wink

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by danowena: 4:23pm On Jun 11, 2016
agarawu23:
shocked this is the time you can make use of opportunities o, dollar is 360#. lipsrsealed walai assuming say my papa get house for USA, na this season we go sell am.
lolzz

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ottersberger(m): 4:27pm On Jun 11, 2016
agarawu23:

Hahaha, to dey chop dis Euro don dey hard me sef.

I asked my Son yesterday what his opinion is about me selling the second house, he looked at me all crazy and walked away.

I no blame am, na wetin him go inherit him dey safeguard.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 3strikes: 4:40pm On Jun 11, 2016
Some people here on nairaland they wear a whole 3 bedroom bungalow for hand as wristwatch.... grin..

If I lie ask oga Azuh

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by agarawu23(m): 4:43pm On Jun 11, 2016
ottersberger:

Hahaha, to dey chop dis Euro don dey hard me sef.

I asked my Son yesterday what his opinion is about me selling the second house, he looked at me all crazy and walked away.

I no blame am, na wetin him go inherit him dey safeguard.
sell it and invest with the cash in Nigeria and make 100% interest if you wish.

No child should depend on their parents property and be waiting for what to inherit. They should go out and struggle their self so they will know the value of money and how hard it is to get money.

I stopped depending on my parents at a very young age. Infact my dad knows I don't need a damn from him.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by agarawu23(m): 4:45pm On Jun 11, 2016
3strikes:
Some people here on nairaland they wear a whole 3 bedroom bungalow for hand as wristwatch.... grin..

If I lie ask oga Azuh
no wonder he was charged 1.2m for bungalow plan. grin

*runs out of thread* lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 4:49pm On Jun 11, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Baba niyen

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ottersberger(m): 4:53pm On Jun 11, 2016
agarawu23:

No child should depend on their parents property and be waiting for what to inherit. They should go out and struggle their self so they will know the value of money and how hard it is to get money.

I stopped depending on my parents at a very young age. Infact my dad knows I don't need a damn from him.

Dont mind the youngman.

Like i will need his opinion if Euro climbs to 600.

I will gladly sell and invest in another build here, seeing as the property has appreciated 35.8% since 1 built it 8 years ago.

My Bank manager will take me to dinner sef. cool
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jun 11, 2016
agarawu23:

It's not always that clear cut though.

He could keep the 2nd house but rent it out. Get the tax benefits and use the net rental income and tax reduction towards investment in Nigeria. A rental income in the US, as an example and in certain areas is not a joke in terms of income.

In terms of inheritance, my kids with my American wife will be left stuff here in the us as I'm not delusioned to think they'll come to Nigeria. It's not about them but about me knowing I went to my grave leaving them more than my dad left me, which was a lot actually.

How safe is Naira going to be in a bank in Nigeria in the next 10 years?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) ... (3688) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Smartlife(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.