Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:30 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3100) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4390026 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3097) (3098) (3099) (3100) (3101) (3102) (3103) ... (3667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Procarpenter: 10:12am On Aug 15, 2022
hamtabfawaz:

Chai , if the leaking continues , it will weaken & affect your Pop & that could pose a serious problem (I hope the leaking is not much!).

If it's just one sided, then it can be blocked.

Cc: @money121
@Procarpenter

It can be fixed if is not too much chat me up on WhatsApp send me the picture of your house � so I can know what we can do sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Procarpenter: 10:14am On Aug 15, 2022
habeeb246:
clean, is this ikd ?
Thanks sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bigblow(m): 10:17am On Aug 15, 2022
Leaders, i am also at the roofing stage and my engineer advised i used a minimum of 0.45mm long span. My roof is completely hidden( contemporary) and i seem to have a different view. Is it advisable to use a .40mm ? Here in Warri 0.45mm is 3,500 per meter while 0.40mm is 3100.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rany4all(m): 10:27am On Aug 15, 2022
Twostep:
Good morning my people,

I need your opinions on decision making, will 10M finish this building with painting (in and out) ? The up lintel has been casted, so project will resume at laying 2 couches till finishing.

- Front pillars haven’t also been done yet,
- Parapet (casting since I have some granite on site already)
-Roofing (Gerrad)
-wiring
-tilling
-pop
Screeding etc till the end.

Kindly let me have your inputs guys, will be well appreciated.

Below is a picture of the plan and the building itself.
10m will go a long way, but may likely not finish it. I suggest you take it one step at a time, rather than approaching it like you have enough to complete the entire project, i.e. finish with one stage first, and if you still have enough money left, move on to the next.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rany4all(m): 10:38am On Aug 15, 2022
hamtabfawaz:

Yes Please. You can your Pop measurements for your tiles. ✓
Yes for the floor, but not for walls.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by toluxa1(m): 10:45am On Aug 15, 2022
topsy23:
Buy this products and have rest of mind. 3years warranty on it

LIPER products with German standard

What's the cost like?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KindionPaints: 12:15pm On Aug 15, 2022
Contact us today for an excellent stucco finishing 07051934963

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KindionPaints: 12:19pm On Aug 15, 2022
KindionPaints:
Contact us today for an excellent stucco finishing 07051934963

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 1:01pm On Aug 15, 2022
It's Monday let's go...

Lekki multi unit wiring

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uchechukwuochei(m): 1:48pm On Aug 15, 2022
Hello Professionals.

Can anyone help me with where I can get a 250w ATEX Explosion Gas Proof Flood light?

I will appreciate your feedback.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 1:55pm On Aug 15, 2022
Rany4all:
Yes for the floor, but not for walls.

Valid✓. This to be Noted as well.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dreeam: 2:09pm On Aug 15, 2022
Check out this website www.emmasonaluminium.com
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by folmus: 3:21pm On Aug 15, 2022
bigblow:
Leaders, i am also at the roofing stage and my engineer advised i used a minimum of 0.45mm long span. My roof is completely hidden( contemporary) and i seem to have a different view. Is it advisable to use a .40mm ? Here in Warri 0.45mm is 3,500 per meter while 0.40mm is 3100.

Use the 0.45mm to give yourself some level of confidence from leakage.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redgem(f): 4:17pm On Aug 15, 2022
hamtabfawaz:

1bag (Dr fix it) for 1bag of cement.
You can get it where building materials are sold in your location. Yeah.

Okay, thank you Sir...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Kingdemu: 4:28pm On Aug 15, 2022
hamtabfawaz:

Certificate OF Occupancy ( C of O ) : Certifies the legal & ownership claim of any land in Nigeria, regardless of it's usage.

Right OF Occupancy (R of O) : The right to use & occupy a land, in accordance with the Provisions of the land use act.

Deed of Assignment : This is like a receipt, given to a Buyer after purchasing a land/property.

Can all these be gotten for an inherited ancestral land?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 4:34pm On Aug 15, 2022
We are transforming the spaces in this building soon..

Pop
Art work
Screeding

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 4:46pm On Aug 15, 2022
Davidebun016:
Good afternoon house, my name is David, I am a silent reader on this forum for a very long time. I really appreciate all the professionals on this forum for a good work and also all their contributions.

I have this question that I need to ask our professionals in the house in which I believe solutions would be provided.

I have a 2-storey building working on;
Ground floor --- Office place
first floor --Office place
Second floor --2 units of 3bedrrom flat

Ground floor has 7pcs of 1.5hp AC
First floor has 8pcs of 1.5hp AC

Second floor which is the residential apartment has 8pcs of 1.5hp AC.

Note: Note all AC are inverter type.

Total no of socket is 123
total number light LED panel light for offices 52
12w led recess light 16

For the residential apartment;
recess light 60
cooker 2
water heater 3

Now EKEDC said the building won't be connected directly to pole because of the size , they said it will require a transformer. They are asking me for the load.

Pls house help me look at the above breakdown help me out. My electrician don't understand all these . I will appreciate your input

Twinskenny Topsy23, Kolashongone, Rotetech,

Pls drop your comments here so that other people can benefit as well.

Thanks

Good afternoon sir, Find below the load calculation based on the listed items above. But i included your pump since its not part of the list posted above.

The total KVA rating is 80KVA with the require diversity factors.

You need to give them this and have rest of mind. The building can be connected to 415V line since the total current demand is 112A.

11 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bigblow(m): 7:38pm On Aug 15, 2022
folmus:

Use the 0.45mm to give yourself some level of confidence from leakage.

Thank you Sir. I will do just that.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by micgray100(m): 7:39pm On Aug 15, 2022
AGAIN... FOR YOUR STRUCTURAL DESIGN DRAWINGS AND CALCULATION SHEETS,

We deliver nation wide and send raw designs to you..
we help colleagues too with raw designs that he or she can claim...

Duration was 48 hours...

We thank you for the opportunity..

Engr. Gbenga/ Frank MNSE, RCOREN

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by CDG1(m): 2:44am On Aug 16, 2022
QSFemi:
How much is 30 tonnage if the site is located around Ibeju Lekki?

Depends on the material Sir and the cost of truck.
Let text on WhatsApp if the material is still needed
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 5:22am On Aug 16, 2022
https://www.nairaland.com/6609728/osinachiadima-global-enterprise-deal-kinds

Get your quality tiles and other materials from us such as :

Spanish tile
Italian tile
China tile
Nigeria tile
Toilet seat
Sanitary wares
Turkey security door etc
At cheap rate with quality services our delivering is free for sanitary wares and doors within Lagos
Telephone:07087953771
I still remain DFAMEGUY11S that you know so far thank you all that is always patronize us Engineers and home owners God bless you all.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Davidebun016: 11:05am On Aug 16, 2022
jabolo:

Welcome to the forum.

For this size of investment, you needed an Electrical Engineer (not an Electrician) to design the installation. The M&E drawings ought to have been stamped and approved alongside the other building architectural drawings. In a sane society, those drawings enter a repository that distribution companies use to plan for area demand growth and thereby avoid the frequent transformer/feeder overloads we have.

- If you don't know the size and distribution of the load, how have you sized your various cables and switchgear within the installation?
- How has the load been distributed across the various phases since you're likely going to need a 3 phase supply?

Anyway sha,based on the limited information above >> back-of-the-envelope calculation (while drinking and chillin' on a lazy Sunday evening so bear with me if any errors) ...

AC loads: 23 x 1.5hp = 34.5hp = 26KW
LED Recess: 12W x 76 = 0.92KW or 1KW approx
LED light panels: (assume 25w each) x 52 = 1.3KW
Cookers: (assume 2.5KW each) x 2 = 5KW
Water heaters: (assume 2KW each) x 3 = 6KW
Sockets: Assume 2 rings in each office and each apartment, so 8 rings in total @ 1KW per ring (assume some usage redundancy) = 8KW

Estimated total = 47KW

Suggest you need a 60KVA (or slightly bigger for future contingency) 3-phase transformer. The distco might likely step it down from 11KV.

Good day.

Thank you so much sir for the information provided . Really appreciate your effort on this for taking time out of your busy schedule to attend to my request. Thank you so much .
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Davidebun016: 11:15am On Aug 16, 2022
topsy23:

Good afternoon sir, Find below the load calculation based on the listed items above. But i included your pump since its not part of the list posted above.

The total KVA rating is 80KVA with the require diversity factors.

You need to give them this and have rest of mind. The building can be connected to 415V line since the total current demand is 112A.

Wow!!! Topsy God bless you for this calculations, i was thinking I will not get feedback on this forum not knowing that all the professionals are ready to dish out information without collecting dine.

Infact, your calculations are on point for you to arrived at 80KVA load. I have already contracted it to one engineer who is not on this forum and paid him 35k for the load calculations. He arrived at the same 80KVA you posted. That shows you are really good at what you you do.

Very grateful for your effort and information provided without hiding anything.

GOD BLESS YOU SIR.

11 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 12:35pm On Aug 16, 2022
Davidebun016:

Wow!!! Topsy God bless you for this calculations, i was thinking I will not get feedback on this forum not knowing that all the professionals are ready to dish out information without collecting dine.

Infact, your calculations are on point for you to arrived at 80KVA load. I have already contracted it to one engineer who is not on this forum and paid him 35k for the load calculations. He arrived at the same 80KVA you posted. That shows you are really good at what you you do.

Very grateful for your effort and information provided without hiding anything.

GOD BLESS YOU SIR.
Hello sir, after appreciate efforts in my opinion. I think you should show him love with tip as well. These guys take their time to give us most of this information free of charge. Some of us that appreciate them, we show them love with an appreciation combine. We most understand they have family to feed. Tope thank you.

8 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by petitoni(f): 12:40pm On Aug 16, 2022
Hello beautiful people here.
I will like to know the current prices of the following building materials. I'm urgently in need of them for foundation. Thanks.

1.16mm = 40length
2. 12mm = 30length
3.10mm = 1/2 ton
4. Cement = 110bags
5. Sharp sand = 60 tons
6. Granite = 40 tons
7. 1×12 plank = 150 length
8. 2×3 plank = 50 length
9. Block 9" = 500pieces
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gigdfhjjhvc: 12:58pm On Aug 16, 2022
Good afternoon my Chairmen and Chairladies, I am a silent follower of this thread. Abeg I need the current price of the following materials.
20ton granite
20ton sharp sand
20ton plaster sand
A carton of 60x60 tiles (Goodwill and virony)
A Carton of 40x40 tiles
A carton of bathroom wall tiles
A carton of bathroom floor tiles
3ft panel doors
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KIDfurniture(m): 1:10pm On Aug 16, 2022
Plz go for 0.45 ooooooo

bigblow:

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrickDevo: 1:11pm On Aug 16, 2022
minimalistic modern bedroom interior design with 3d wall panel

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 2:05pm On Aug 16, 2022
Save my client some shortage yesterday... cable supplied to him was fake.. not the right length.

Did a measurement on them we only got 70m instead of 100..

Let's be guided.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dashlish12: 3:08pm On Aug 16, 2022
Land For Sale In Ibeju/Lekki

36Acres Of Land For Sell In Ashagun Village, Igbogun Ibeju/Lekki.
Topography: Dry Land
Price: 900k/Plot (Slightly Negotiable)
Only Register Survey Copy.

10Acres Of Land For Sell at Mafogunde Village, Igbogun Ibeju/Lekki.
Topography: Dry Land
Title: Register Survey Red Copy
Price: 900k/Plot (Slightly Negotiable)

Kindly Mail Me For Inspection and Enquiry
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 3:12pm On Aug 16, 2022
twinskenny:
Save my client some shortage yesterday... cable supplied to him was fake.. not the right length.

Did a measurement on them we only got 70m instead of 100..

Let's be guided.

Well done � ✓
Chairman

(1) (2) (3) ... (3097) (3098) (3099) (3100) (3101) (3102) (3103) ... (3667) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.