Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,694 members, 7,813,290 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:23 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3099) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4378588 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3096) (3097) (3098) (3099) (3100) (3101) (3102) ... (3664) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 3:45pm On Aug 14, 2022
Twostep:
Good morning my people,

I need your opinions on decision making, will 10M finish this building with painting (in and out) ? The up lintel has been casted, so project will resume at laying 2 couches till finishing.

- Front pillars haven’t also been done yet,
- Parapet (casting since I have some granite on site already)
-Roofing (Gerrad)
-wiring
-tilling
-pop
Screeding etc till the end.

Kindly let me have your inputs guys, will be well appreciated.

Below is a picture of the plan and the building itself.

If the ground floor piping has been done before the decking(LAY BEFORE CASTING) then the first floor piping to done after the roofing.

Also, note that all conduit work must be completed before plastering. Electrical, Plumbing and HVAC first fix.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by joefit4gur(m): 5:18pm On Aug 14, 2022
bolu1986:

34sqm

With the designs
18bag of cement
20kg filas
5kg binding wire or less
Nail 2 Parket

What do you need paint for? Screeding?

Thank you. It was part of the items suggested would be needed. It's not needed?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 5:20pm On Aug 14, 2022
Buy this products and have rest of mind. 3years warranty on it

LIPER products with German standard

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Twostep: 5:43pm On Aug 14, 2022
Thanks for your inputs. Please what should he be on the lookout for to avoid leakages over time ?

Charisdesigns:

Firstly, well done on your build
I believe the advise members of this thread have always agreed on is just start, you will be amazed at the level the sum can take you

Can 10M take it to turn key level? (Depending on the level of finish)

Secondly, your architect have a done a good job, but please liaise with him to review your roof plan, As it is wrong.
So that you avoid heavy leakage in the future

Good luck on your build sir.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 5:59pm On Aug 14, 2022
redgem:

Good morning Sir.. Please how can it be used (mixing ratio).. Where can I get them? If I don't see this, should I get the liquid?
1bag (Dr fix it) for 1bag of cement.
You can get it where building materials are sold in your location. Yeah.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Born2conquer: 6:17pm On Aug 14, 2022
hamtabfawaz:

Stumbled upon this.

I'd advise, you convert to rentable apartments. Not sure how long it will take you to recover your money spent on the project (Depending on the area). But one thing is for sure : it's an investment that increases in value, so you will definitely recoup your Money. ✓

Godspeed.
Thank you Sir, I love this.
We will work on remodeling then.

10m should be enough for remodelling and finishing
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by baaliyah(m): 6:32pm On Aug 14, 2022
Twostep:
Good morning my people,

I need your opinions on decision making, will 10M finish this building with painting (in and out) ? The up lintel has been casted, so project will resume at laying 2 couches till finishing.

-Roofing (Gerrad)
-wiring
-tilling
-pop

Dont let anyone deceive you. 10M won't finish this project no matter the type of taste you have. Budget 20M, building materials is over expensive now.
I am not a professional by any means, but I have a similar project in my care at this stage.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by qwertyboss(m): 6:53pm On Aug 14, 2022
Twostep:
Good morning my people,

-Roofing (Gerrad)
-wiring
-tilling
-pop

It baffles me how people run a project without complete plan.
That says alot about the integrity of the work done there.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Davidebun016: 7:13pm On Aug 14, 2022
Good afternoon house, my name is David, I am a silent reader on this forum for a very long time. I really appreciate all the professionals on this forum for a good work and also all their contributions.

I have this question that I need to ask our professionals in the house in which I believe solutions would be provided.

I have a 2-storey building working on;
Ground floor --- Office place
first floor --Office place
Second floor --2 units of 3bedrrom flat

Ground floor has 7pcs of 1.5hp AC
First floor has 8pcs of 1.5hp AC

Second floor which is the residential apartment has 8pcs of 1.5hp AC.

Note: Note all AC are inverter type.

Total no of socket is 123
total number light LED panel light for offices 52
12w led recess light 16

For the residential apartment;
recess light 60
cooker 2
water heater 3

Now EKEDC said the building won't be connected directly to pole because of the size , they said it will require a transformer. They are asking me for the load.

Pls house help me look at the above breakdown help me out. My electrician don't understand all these . I will appreciate your input

Twinskenny Topsy23, Kolashongone, Rotetech,

Pls drop your comments here so that other people can benefit as well.

Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessedsunny2(m): 8:19pm On Aug 14, 2022
Successful delivered thanks boss.
Thank you (animashu fasinu) for your nice work

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Olumighty123(m): 8:33pm On Aug 14, 2022
House please, what is the measurement for a normal house window, I mean the square metre
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Charisdesigns: 9:45pm On Aug 14, 2022
Twostep:
Thanks for your inputs. Please what should he be on the lookout for to avoid leakages over time ?

Those encircled places looks skewed and not transitionally functional. (Probably oversite from your designer). Your roofer will have a tough time trying to achieve that, therefore doing a shabby cut and join job, which at the end of the day will result to leakage.

Not just in flat or hidden roof, even in pitch and hip roof, Slopes, transition and runoff are very important.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Charisdesigns: 9:53pm On Aug 14, 2022
Olumighty123:
House please, what is the measurement for a normal house window, I mean the square metre
Window this days rarely have a fixed dimension

Check your architectural design or if you can get to site, measure it out.

some windows are 1.2m X 1.2m some are 1.2m x 1.5m others are 0.9m x 1.8m.

The idea is that, for you to get the square meter, just multiply the length X breadth
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 9:58pm On Aug 14, 2022
Born2conquer:

Thank you Sir, I love this.
We will work on remodeling then.

10m should be enough for remodelling and finishing

You're welcome Sir.

We would be here for your interior Finishing✓
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jabolo(m): 10:11pm On Aug 14, 2022
Davidebun016:
Good afternoon house, my name is David, I am a silent reader on this forum for a very long time. I really appreciate all the professionals on this forum for a good work and also all their contributions.

I have this question that I need to ask our professionals in the house in which I believe solutions would be provided

Pls house help me look at the above breakdown help me out. My electrician don't understand all these . I will appreciate your input

Thanks

Welcome to the forum.

For this size of investment, you needed an Electrical Engineer (not an Electrician) to design the installation. The M&E drawings ought to have been stamped and approved alongside the other building architectural drawings. In a sane society, those drawings enter a repository that distribution companies use to plan for area demand growth and thereby avoid the frequent transformer/feeder overloads we have.

- If you don't know the size and distribution of the load, how have you sized your various cables and switchgear within the installation?
- How has the load been distributed across the various phases since you're likely going to need a 3 phase supply?

Anyway sha,based on the limited information above >> back-of-the-envelope calculation (while drinking and chillin' on a lazy Sunday evening so bear with me if any errors) ...

AC loads: 23 x 1.5hp = 34.5hp = 26KW
LED Recess: 12W x 76 = 0.92KW or 1KW approx
LED light panels: (assume 25w each) x 52 = 1.3KW
Cookers: (assume 2.5KW each) x 2 = 5KW
Water heaters: (assume 2KW each) x 3 = 6KW
Sockets: Assume 2 rings in each office and each apartment, so 8 rings in total @ 1KW per ring (assume some usage redundancy) = 8KW

Estimated total = 47KW

Suggest you need a 60KVA (or slightly bigger for future contingency) 3-phase transformer. The distco might likely step it down from 11KV.

Good day.

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Kambols95(m): 10:59pm On Aug 14, 2022
Pls engage the service of a roofer to check and mend the leaking area.

Though I suspect the guage of your roofing sheet is not up to the standard

marygold:
Good evening all.

Please part of the zinc of my house is leaking seriously and this is damaging the POP of the house.Please what do I do?as someone is suggesting we change the whole roof.�

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Kambols95(m): 11:13pm On Aug 14, 2022
Peter Pearson, an independent consultant, registered under Lagos state testing laboratory.

Olusojisorunmu:

Please, who conducted the NDT?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Kambols95(m): 11:17pm On Aug 14, 2022
kkonsults:

It’s better you redo the columns at this early stage, 5 floors is a lot of load

Thanks for your advice sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by owoshuyi(m): 11:56pm On Aug 14, 2022
Quote me for H-beams to construct your buildings, churches, bridges etc. Very affordable.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Olumighty123(m): 12:38am On Aug 15, 2022
Charisdesigns:

Window this days rarely have a fixed dimension

Check your architectural design or if you can get to site, measure it out.

some windows are 1.2m X 1.2m some are 1.2m x 1.5m others are 0.9m x 1.8m.

The idea is that, for you to get the square meter, just multiply the length X breadth

Thank you very much for your input, I appreciate.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 3:20am On Aug 15, 2022

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 3:24am On Aug 15, 2022
https://www.nairaland.com/6609728/osinachiadima-global-enterprise-deal-kinds

Get your quality bathroom cabinet here from us with affordable price, our delivery is free to any location within Lagos state

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Olusojisorunmu(m): 4:04am On Aug 15, 2022
Kambols95:
Peter Pearson, an independent consultant, registered under Lagos state testing laboratory.

Maybe you can rerun the test at another testing laboratory if you still have your cube samples. I don't think your columns should fail using Grade 25 and with the level of supervision you described above.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 7:26am On Aug 15, 2022
jabolo:

Welcome to the forum.

For this size of investment, you needed an Electrical Engineer (not an Electrician) to design the installation. The M&E drawings ought to have been stamped and approved alongside the other building architectural drawings. In a sane society, those drawings enter a repository that distribution companies use to plan for area demand growth and thereby avoid the frequent transformer/feeder overloads we have.

- If you don't know the size and distribution of the load, how have you sized your various cables and switchgear within the installation?
- How has the load been distributed across the various phases since you're likely going to need a 3 phase supply?

Anyway sha,based on the limited information above >> back-of-the-envelope calculation (while drinking and chillin' on a lazy Sunday evening so bear with me if any errors) ...

AC loads: 23 x 1.5hp = 34.5hp = 26KW
LED Recess: 12W x 76 = 0.92KW or 1KW approx
LED light panels: (assume 25w each) x 52 = 1.3KW
Cookers: (assume 2.5KW each) x 2 = 5KW
Water heaters: (assume 2KW each) x 3 = 6KW
Sockets: Assume 2 rings in each office and each apartment, so 8 rings in total @ 1KW per ring (assume some usage redundancy) = 8KW

Estimated total = 47KW

Suggest you need a 60KVA (or slightly bigger for future contingency) 3-phase transformer. The distco might likely step it down from 11KV.

Good day.

Kudos
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by micgray100(m): 8:20am On Aug 15, 2022
We still helping members of this forum to package their skills to get bigger jobs in corporate World..
We try to package your company profile to get Government Contracts and Private Multinational Jobs..

REGISTER YOUR BUSINESS TODAY WITH CORPORATE AFFIARS COMMISION (CAC)

OUR PRICE IS AFFORDABLE...

TRANSPARENCY IS OUR WATCH WORD...

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 8:38am On Aug 15, 2022
dapotemi:
Pls can i use my POP measurements for tiles.... If my pop measurements is 100 square metre, I can just assume my tiles measurement is 100 square metres and make my tiles purchases with that info?

Yes Please. You can use your Pop measurements for your tiles. ✓
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 9:18am On Aug 15, 2022
Kingdemu:
Pls, what documents make up "House Documents"? If I purchase a land and build a house on it, the documents of the land automatically becomes the house documents or I need to process some other documents? What if the land is an inherited one with no documents? What really makes up the complete papers of a house?

Certificate OF Occupancy ( C of O ) : Certifies the legal & ownership claim of any land in Nigeria, regardless of it's usage.

Right OF Occupancy (R of O) : The right to use & occupy a land, in accordance with the Provisions of the land use act.

Deed of Assignment : This is like a receipt, given to a Buyer after purchasing a land/property.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 9:30am On Aug 15, 2022
marygold:
Good evening all.

Please part of the zinc of my house is leaking seriously and this is damaging the POP of the house.Please what do I do?as someone is suggesting we change the whole roof.�

Chai , if the leaking continues , it will weaken & affect your Pop & that could pose a serious problem (I hope the leaking is not much!).

If it's just one sided, then it can be blocked.

Cc: @money121
@Procarpenter
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 9:40am On Aug 15, 2022
Twostep:
Good morning my people,

-Roofing (Gerrad)
-wiring
-tilling
-pop

it's Likely, but with inflation rising day by day in Nigeria, one can hardly predict.

The way to go: is for you to get a quote (quotation) to each of the stage listed.

I can give you quote for your POP .
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 9:52am On Aug 15, 2022
joefit4gur:
I am looking to do these designs. Could a professional please help with an approximate quotation.

1. 20SQM
2. 4SQM
3. 10SQM

PoP Cement: __14_ bags :edit
Fillas: __15_kg :edit
Glover paint: ___ drum
bending wire:
iron range:
Casting board:
Nails:

Thank you!

34sqm

14bags
15kg
Binding wire : quater (₦5K)

You don't need Glova paint: except you want to screed.

Range : 5 (Long)
Casting board : Glass / Marine boards etc

Nails: 5 packs

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Phorlorunso: 10:00am On Aug 15, 2022
10m surely will not finish this in this current economy. My duplex is a bit bigger than this and we're done with roofing and all that. My engineer just dropped a bill of 10.7m for me for the next stage which comprises of Doors, Windows and plastering in and out. Although my taste for quality is pretty high but still 10m can't finish that build with current realities.

Twostep:
Good morning my people,

-Roofing (Gerrad)
-wiring
-tilling
-pop

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bigblow(m): 10:11am On Aug 15, 2022
My ogas in the house, Good morning. Please my electrician just sent me this bill for my electrical works in my 4 bedroom bungalow. Abeg make una help me scrutinize am if it's healthy.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3096) (3097) (3098) (3099) (3100) (3101) (3102) ... (3664) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.