Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,442 members, 7,836,771 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:28 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3134) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4446699 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3131) (3132) (3133) (3134) (3135) (3136) (3137) ... (3679) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 2:25pm On Sep 11, 2022
EgunMogaji2:
https://www.tiktok.com/@constructionworkclips/video/7139695025188785454?_t=8VVKMPgThob&_r=1

It was in a storm though.

Baba o! it's been a while Sir.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 2:29pm On Sep 11, 2022
MMotimo:

If an independent contractor presents themselves as an expert, they should not need supervision. If the client could do it himself/herself, they would not have hired him in the first place. How can you pay a professional and still be expected to supervise him?

If a trades person needs supervision, they shouldn’t be out there taking work that they are not competent to do. Instead, they should be working under a supervisor aka Oga.

My church mind is telling me not to announce that the latest iPhone has just arrived tongue

Apt✓
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 2:30pm On Sep 11, 2022
MrOkenwa:

Thank you sir. He took 1.6m based on some mutual agreements, including this 30% chance that you mentioned.

Yes, different discouraging stories everywhere.

Update
I did this one yesterday evening.
None of the drillers that I contacted gave me any assurance beyond "we will do our best".
The one that took the job insisted that I provide a representative that knows about borehole drilling. Should things go the way I don't like, this person will bear him witness.
There was about 40 meters overburden. They struck water at around 110 meters and they terminated the drilling at around 120meters.
26 pcs of thick Lombardy casing pipes used. I'm awaiting the installation of the pumping machine today.

diordaves, folmus. Thank you for your response and advice.

Finally, Congrats Sir.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 2:46pm On Sep 11, 2022
Twostep:
Now my question is;

The building before this project sharing a fence has thier generator house attached to the fence and somewhat disfigures the entrance, also I would like to do an electric fence all round.

How does one go about this? Is the owner of the building supposed to adjust the cover and limit it to inside his compound or there’s nothing we can do since we met them there ?

Also, please note that this generator house is at the backyard of the building. That is; mine is facing the opposite direction.

Your inputs will be appreciated.

Good afternoon Sir.

I hope this doesn't sound weird, I'd suggest you build your own fence, to align with the marked pillar of your gate, to avoid unnecessary fuss.

My humble opinion.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 3:02pm On Sep 11, 2022
hamtabfawaz:

Baba o! it's been a while Sir.

I’m here Oga mi, just keeping a low profile ni.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dannie007(m): 3:36pm On Sep 11, 2022
The Price Varies from 80k 85k upward. Sir

decatalyst:

How much is one?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Beframia: 3:41pm On Sep 11, 2022
Ok.
Thanks.
topsy23:

Call it ceiling grid
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 3:57pm On Sep 11, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

I’m here Oga mi, just keeping a low profile ni.

Understandable Sir✓

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Twostep: 4:00pm On Sep 11, 2022
Thanks for your input, unfortunately we have space constraints so this will not work.. the available space will barely serve as parking lot.

Thanks for this anyway, appreciate

hamtabfawaz:

Good afternoon Sir.

I hope this doesn't sound weird, I'd suggest you build your own fence, to align with the marked pillar of your gate, to avoid unnecessary fuss.

My humble opinion.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 4:02pm On Sep 11, 2022
beebah247:
Good Morning all,
Please I have an issue with iron (used as balcony railings and burglary) that has started to rust after just about 3 months of installation. The painter actually applied red oxide anti rust before painting, but with the rust we are seeing now it's obvious he used an inferior quality.

I really need a solution to prevent further rusting. Any suggestions on what we can apply on the surface of the iron rods to stop this issue, and then we can repaint afterwards?
find Sharon paint and ensure that it's fully coated when painting now
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 4:24pm On Sep 11, 2022
hamtabfawaz:

Good afternoon Sir.

My humble opinion.

Was thinking of this too and wanted to share but events took over.

I go with you here.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Lekan239(m): 4:25pm On Sep 11, 2022
Gallybounce:
thank you sir.

I’ve just completed the roofing ,
Everything cost me around 3.3m plus or minus .

I spent 840k for woods ( ayin ), nails, chemical for spraying , knapsack , transportation and workmanship ..
I spent 1.9m naira for 390 sqm of stone coated black Milano plus accessories, transportation and workmanship
I spent 460k for the parapet and workmanship ( these guys did a great job ) .

While the roofing was going on , I felt like I wasted money ( spent around 3.3m to roof 3bedroom ( two sitting room) flat). I Thought I shoulda added small change and buy correct lexus grin..
But when it completed omo I’m really really satisfied .. as in I love it so so much . So beautiful .

Another downside is that the area is not yet developed to what I’m used to and it looks odd, bush bush everywhere ., but I don do am I don do am. Tbh na force dem force me o grin grin

Once again , thank you and God bless everyone of us . Amen..
pls what type of parapet did you do with 460k and can u pls give me the breakdown of cost
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by robertvicky: 4:32pm On Sep 11, 2022
We started as ‘Virtually Together’ with the aim to bring joy and connect people during the pandemic, wherever they were in the world. This then evolved to include ‘Actually Together’ at the end of 2021, where teams could enjoy face-to-face events, either in their office or a venue of their choice.
https://www.thetogethercollective.com/
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 5:00pm On Sep 11, 2022
Men @ Work.. Another Roofing Project Going on @ Kudos Nur/Pry Sch. OSHODI Lagos STATE

Are you Done with your woodwork and in Need of Quality Stone Coated Roofing Sheet? Please Call/WhatsApp 08085310359
Customers Satisfaction is our Watch Word..

Bond Design ( Wine )

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Lekan239(m): 5:19pm On Sep 11, 2022
money121:
Loading of Stone coated and Rain gutter to Oshogbo Osun STATE

Call/WhatsApp 08085310359
Customers satisfaction is our watch Word!

Kindly promote us by sharing this post. share it now

SHINGLE ( BLACK with WHITE PATCHES)
needed in Ekiti state, what is the price

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 5:23pm On Sep 11, 2022
Lekan239:
needed in Ekiti state, what is the price
Shingle is 3950 persqm

Whatsapp 08085310359
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Lekan239(m): 5:26pm On Sep 11, 2022
money121:

Shingle is 3950 persqm

Whatsapp 08085310359
is it more expensive than using Gerald
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by beebah247: 5:33pm On Sep 11, 2022
michlins:
find Sharon paint and ensure that it's fully coated when painting now

Thanks for the response. What color (s) does this Sharon paint come in, and can you please guide me to where I can get it in Lagos?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 5:47pm On Sep 11, 2022

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 6:26pm On Sep 11, 2022
beebah247:

Thanks for the response. What color (s) does this Sharon paint come in, and can you please guide me to where I can get it in Lagos?
I don't know if you can find such thing in Lagos though
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 6:37pm On Sep 11, 2022
Olumighty123:
I resolved to suspendable ceiling, the cost wasn't as much as POP, the difference no be small. It came out good and I get to like it, tried it on a room first, I will be doing the rest of the building later this month, God's willing.

Please how much is the cost of the suspended ceiling per SQM?

Modified:
I've seen your response of #2700+accessories. per SQM and #650 installation.
Please would you be so kind to share the address/contact details of where it was purchased?
Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by toluxa1(m): 7:05pm On Sep 11, 2022
DFAMEGUY11S:
https://www.nairaland.com/6609728/osinachiadima-global-enterprise-deal-kinds

This tile is everywhere now. Unfortunately I don't really like it when it's used for the whole wall.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 7:19pm On Sep 11, 2022
toluxa1:

This tile is everywhere now. Unfortunately I don't really like it when it's used for the whole wall.

It look nice on kitchen wall..
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Olumighty123(m): 7:20pm On Sep 11, 2022
bixton:

Please how much is the cost of the suspended ceiling per SQM?

Modified:
I've seen your response of #2700+accessories. per SQM and #650 installation.
Please would you be so kind to share the address/contact details of where it was purchased?
Thanks.

Unfortunately, I didn't get the seller's number, just get to mushin, there are various sellers there and ask them you need installers too.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by flexyonline: 9:35pm On Sep 11, 2022
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 12:54am On Sep 12, 2022
Olumighty123:
I resolved to suspendable ceiling, the cost wasn't as much as POP, the difference no be small. It came out good and I get to like it, tried it on a room first, I will be doing the rest of the building later this month, God's willing.

Not bad if the cost meant so much to you.
But honestly, this cannot be compared to POP ceilings.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cash1115(m): 7:55am On Sep 12, 2022
Need a professional to install your building's P.O.P ceiling? Screed the walls to make it as smooth as glass? Install all kinds of P.O.P designs like wall demarcation, T.v stand, wine cabinets and the likes? Install Roman arch at the entrance and dinning? Windows and doors art? Pillar and column designs?

Contact us at His Grace Interiors for the best of the best at affordable prices.
Our reputation precedes us, especially here on Nairaland.
You can check all our other threads here on NL for further info.
A trial, I'm sure , will definitely convince you.

You can reach us on +2347069462837 or hisgraceinteriors@gmail.com for further information and enquiries.
We're available 24/7 anywhere in Nigeria
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Olumighty123(m): 8:51am On Sep 12, 2022
mufutau55:

Not bad if the cost meant so.much to you.
But honestly, this cannot be compared to POP ceilings.

Hajji M.

Yes, no doubt, can't ever be compared, it's just the cost that made me opt for this, might as well in the future have it changed.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by walexProjects(m): 8:58am On Sep 12, 2022
New week,New blessings for us.
We are open for your Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing Drawings....
Contact us today

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 10:02am On Sep 12, 2022
A beautiful wet Monday here in the city of Lagos....

We are still here @ Emirald estate Lekki

Pop & wall screeding

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by stnkembu(m): 10:18am On Sep 12, 2022
Good morning wonderful people,

Please, who can give me an idea of the cost of metrocopo roofing sheet (0.55 guage) in Anambra State.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ShitStain(m): 10:31am On Sep 12, 2022
Please does anybody know what this pop wall Design is called?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (3131) (3132) (3133) (3134) (3135) (3136) (3137) ... (3679) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: bixton(m) and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.