Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,031 members, 7,818,045 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:53 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3131) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4393463 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3128) (3129) (3130) (3131) (3132) (3133) (3134) ... (3668) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GuestJoe: 10:49pm On Sep 09, 2022
Blessedsunny2:
Your quality tiles still your blessed sunny

What a professional work. The tiler is good!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Soldierboy30(m): 12:01am On Sep 10, 2022
Please any idea ruff estimate how much it will cost to carry this building from this state till roofing? Plastering and internal finishing not included. The current state is foundation filling.
My engineer said it will cost 10m to get the building to roofing(carcass) I wasn’t expecting it to be that much. If it will cost me 10m to get to roofing at just Caracas, does it mean it will cost me 20million just finish just a 4bedroom bungalow? It is too much. 4bedroom all ensuit, please any help?

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrickDevo: 1:10am On Sep 10, 2022
Soldierboy30:
Please any idea ruff estimate how much it will cost to carry this building from this state till roofing? Plastering and internal finishing not included. The current state is foundation filling.
My engineer said it will cost 10m to get the building to roofing(carcass) I wasn’t expecting it to be that much. If it will cost me 10m to get to roofing at just Caracas, does it mean it will cost me 20million just finish just a 4bedroom bungalow? It is too much. 4bedroom all ensuit, please any help?
Location? and does it have a parapet design? If this is Lagos, between 10m -13m will finish it. But to be certain we need to see the design of the house, building materials are costly nowadays
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Apologist02: 1:40am On Sep 10, 2022
Please, how best can an excavation on a hard sedimentary rock be done? Diggers are not making any significant differences.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 2:25am On Sep 10, 2022

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 2:28am On Sep 10, 2022
https://www.nairaland.com/6609728/osinachiadima-global-enterprise-deal-kinds

Pick your quality toilet glass door here with affordable price

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nero2424: 4:11am On Sep 10, 2022
gbadexy:

I tried to reach your number but it wasn't going again sir.

Sorry Dude, i took the number off watsapp and barred numbers with +234 country code. I'll reach you on a different whatsapp number.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 4:23am On Sep 10, 2022
Twostep:
Good day everyone, do you guys remember this building I posted sometime and asked if 10M would finish it to turn key ? (Pic 1)

Well, here’s an update on the progress, so far approx 7M has been spent on 2 couches, Paraphet casting, front pillars, roof and rain gutter, alluminum windows and burglaries, plumbing and electrical piping and purchase or wires (kept at home till finishing stages)

Plastering is on going and bricklayer charged 550k for all, fence inclusive *crying*

We are left with pop, tiling, doors, soak away and fittings.

Very good, you can see that the 10m is almost finished.
Finishing is where the money goes, forget the carcass, roofing and plasterings etc.
Please be prepared for the internal finishings; windows, doors, burglaries, plumbings, tilings, electrical fixtures, POP, paintings, floorings, just to mention few. Please dont be scared, you will complete it by the grace of Almighty God.
Good luck.

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rany4all(m): 5:31am On Sep 10, 2022
Soldierboy30:
Yes o bros...it will most probably cost you that much if you plan on doing a chained lintel, roofing beam, parapet and stone-coated roofing. Might cost you less if you exclude roofing beam, parapet and maybe do aluminum long span roofing sheets.

As for the finishing, 10m might not even be enough Sir, but it will largely depend on the quality of the finishing (i.e. your taste).
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rany4all(m): 5:43am On Sep 10, 2022
BrickDevo:

Location? and does it have a parapet design? If this is Lagos, between 10m -13m will finish it. But to be certain we need to see the design of the house, building materials are costly nowadays
10 - 13m will not finish that building Sir, definitely not in the current economic climate. Foundation isn't even filled yet o, not to even mention German flooring, and we're talking about a 4 - 5 coach of 4 bed all ensuite bungalow foundation filling. 10m may not even roof that building, if he's thinking of doing a parapet and stone-coated roofing....

I'm not a Quantity Surveyor, Builder or anything close to those, but I'm only talking from personal experience, and costs are even higher now compared to when I did mine lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by QSFemi(m): 6:36am On Sep 10, 2022
You want to do block work, columns, lintels, roofing and first fix of plumbing and electrical installation works...That's my own definition of what constitute a carcass.

Please state the area of the building or the numbed of bedrooms and other important space in the building. That would help to have an approximate estimate.

Soldierboy30:
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 7:31am On Sep 10, 2022
Nero2424:

Sorry Dude, i took the number off watsapp and barred numbers with +234 country code. I'll reach you on a different whatsapp number.
Alright sir.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Godisgreatest1: 8:12am On Sep 10, 2022
Twostep:
Carpenter workmanship : 150k ( 4 steps Paraphet)

Wood : 350k approx

Iron: 370k (I had some on ground already. Note: pillar had irons too)

Cement: 50 bags at 3,850 to site from twins Faja ( remained about 12-15 approx I think ) - 192,500

Welder workmanship: 50k

Sharp sand: 125k approx

Bricklayer charges per day 5k and 3k for laborer.

Granite: I had this on site already so I’m not sure what the cost is.

Not sure if I’m omitting anything but that’s about the rough estimate I guess

Good morning Sir, please is this for Concrete or Precast Parapet?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrickDevo: 8:25am On Sep 10, 2022
Rany4all:
10 - 13m will not finish that building Sir, definitely not in the current economic climate. Foundation isn't even filled yet o, not to even mention German flooring, and we're talking about a 4 - 5 coach of 4 bed all ensuite bungalow foundation filling. 10m may not even roof that building, if he's thinking of doing a parapet and stone-coated roofing....

I'm not a Quantity Surveyor, Builder or anything close to those, but I'm only talking from personal experience, and costs are even higher now compared to when I did mine lipsrsealed
Am talking carcass only
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rany4all(m): 8:45am On Sep 10, 2022
BrickDevo:

Am talking carcass only
Okay, thought you meant finishing till turnkey.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 9:19am On Sep 10, 2022
Twostep:
Good day everyone, do you guys remember this building I posted sometime and asked if 10M would finish it to turn key ? (Pic 1)

Well, here’s an update on the progress, so far approx 7M has been spent on 2 couches, Paraphet casting, front pillars, roof and rain gutter, alluminum windows and burglaries, plumbing and electrical piping and purchase or wires (kept at home till finishing stages)

Plastering is on going and bricklayer charged 550k for all, fence inclusive *crying*

We are left with pop, tiling, doors, soak away and fittings.

Not easy. You have tried.

Another 8 -10m for premium tiles and door n fittings.. And you're done!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrickDevo: 9:21am On Sep 10, 2022
KolaShangOne:

Baba calm down
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by orlaryhincah(m): 9:34am On Sep 10, 2022
Hi guys, I need your advice on the design attached. Critics welcomed. My concern is the ante-room is not being it. I want it to be a passage through to the kitchen... I thought if we had groceries shopping etc... there would be easy access to the kitchen than passing the living room; that was why I had that in the design? Does it make sense? Any suggestion? Thanks

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 10:08am On Sep 10, 2022
Twostep:
Carpenter workmanship : 150k ( 4 steps Paraphet)

Wood : 350k approx

Iron: 370k (I had some on ground already. Note: pillar had irons too)

Cement: 50 bags at 3,850 to site from twins Faja ( remained about 12-15 approx I think ) - 192,500

Welder workmanship: 50k

Sharp sand: 125k approx

Bricklayer charges per day 5k and 3k for laborer.

Granite: I had this on site already so I’m not sure what the cost is.

Not sure if I’m omitting anything but that’s about the rough estimate I guess

Total about 1.3 - 1.4 million? Did you do a scaffold for the parapet? If you include its cost what will it amount to?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 10:22am On Sep 10, 2022
BrickDevo:

Finish it? As in turnkey? Engineer, I don't think so..

Even this foundation with the German floor will consume 1.5 - 2million. Then superstructure. Then roof.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 10:24am On Sep 10, 2022
BrickDevo:

Baba calm down

For a duplex? Can you do a breakdown of finishing just for discussion sake?

Oyaaa.. let's start.

Generally, these are assumptions.

1. External Entrance door - 350,000
2. Ante room door - 200,000
3. Room doors - 5 - 500,000
4. Kitchen external door - 180,000
5. Verandah door (upstairs) - 180,000
6. Toilet doors (5) + store door- 420,000
7. POP / Plasterboard - 1,700,000 - 2,000,000
8. Screeding (in & out) - 600,000
9. Kit hen cabinet + marble - 350,000
10. Kitchen sink & tap - 65,000
11. Hood extractor - 100,000
12. 5 burner cooker- 120,000
13. Wall tiles for 5 bathrooms + labour - 600,000*
14. Floor tiles (Italian, CDK) + sand + cement + labour - 2,200,000
15. Painting - in & out + labour - 750,000*
16. For logistics - 150,000
17. Scaffolding - 800,000*
18. Borehole - 700,000
19. Light fittings - 750,000
20. Switches + sockets - 300,000
21. Cameras - ******
22. Electric fence - 350,000
23. Water closets - 350,000
24. Showers - 75,000
25. Mirrors, waste paper holder etc- 100,000
26. Railings for stairs, balcony etc - 400,000
27. External plumbing - 250,000*

Etc etc

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by emmaodet: 10:45am On Sep 10, 2022
Hello house.

Plase how much will it cost to fence a plot of land? the blocks required, workmanship, cement, sand etc
And the cost of a gate?
I want to renovate my parent house.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by emmaodet: 10:48am On Sep 10, 2022
cash1115:
Call for your pop ceiling installation, artwork, wall screeding. Tv stand, wall divider, parapet, we give our 100%

Cost of POP sir for an average sitting room with dinning and veranda?
i am not too god with measurement. I just need a rough estimate or a price range give or take.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by emmaodet: 10:51am On Sep 10, 2022
gbadexy:
We loaded and delivered to a nairalander in ondo yesterday.
We continuously working silently with no drama.
Delivery for a mega mall in ibadan to be uploaded tomorrow.

Are you into painting or selling paints?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 11:19am On Sep 10, 2022
emmaodet:

Are you into painting or selling paints?
I produce and sell/supply regal paints.
I'm not into painting but we have branched into spray application.
I have painters working with me though.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 11:42am On Sep 10, 2022
Nero2424:

Hummm? shocked shocked
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 11:42am On Sep 10, 2022
Supplied & installed

Solar street light.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cash1115(m): 1:05pm On Sep 10, 2022
emmaodet:

Cost of POP sir for an average sitting room with dinning and veranda?
i am not too god with measurement. I just need a rough estimate or a price range give or take.
there is no how I can get the accurate measurements, we need to take the measurements first. Or you can measure it by yourself you multiple the length and the breath
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Twostep: 1:35pm On Sep 10, 2022
Concrete. Tbh if you don’t have a deep pocket, concrete Paraphet can be a whole lot to chest. I almost got tired at some point

Godisgreatest1:

Good morning Sir, please is this for Concrete or Precast Parapet?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Twostep: 1:36pm On Sep 10, 2022
grin Thanks my oga. Let’s see how events unfold

mufutau55:

Very good, you can see that the 10m is almost finished.
Finishing is where the money goes, forget the carcass, roofing and plasterings etc.
Please be prepared for the internal finishings; windows, doors, burglaries, plumbings, tilings, electrical fixtures, POP, paintings, floorings, just to mention few. Please dont be scared, you will complete it by the grace of Almighty God.
Good luck.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Twostep: 1:39pm On Sep 10, 2022
I can’t wait mehn.. cry lol

KolaShangOne:

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Twostep: 1:42pm On Sep 10, 2022
Didn’t do a scaffold except for the front beem and pillars.

KolaShangOne:

Total about 1.3 - 1.4 million? Did you do a scaffold for the parapet? If you include its cost what will it amount to?

(1) (2) (3) ... (3128) (3129) (3130) (3131) (3132) (3133) (3134) ... (3668) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.