Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,113 members, 7,821,822 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:28 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3132) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4410080 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3129) (3130) (3131) (3132) (3133) (3134) (3135) ... (3670) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrickDevo: 1:44pm On Sep 10, 2022
Bedroom interior

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Godisgreatest1: 1:51pm On Sep 10, 2022
Twostep:
Concrete. Tbh if you don’t have a deep pocket, concrete Paraphet can be a whole lot to chest. I almost got tired at some point

Wow.

Was there any special reason you went for Concrete despite the cost?, and how far different, in estimate, will the cost be if you had chosen Precast?

Thank you Sir.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrickDevo: 1:52pm On Sep 10, 2022
orlaryhincah:
Hi guys, I need your advice on the design attached. Critics welcomed. My concern is the ante-room is not being it. I want it to be a passage through to the kitchen... I thought if we had groceries shopping etc... there would be easy access to the kitchen than passing the living room; that was why I had that in the design? Does it make sense? Any suggestion? Thanks
I feel the way ante room is positioned, it will be long to be accessed from the entrance door, and ante-room is supposed to be a waiting room for visitors before they can gain access in to core areas of the building, I suggest you rearrange your entrance door to be closer to the anter room and open a window at stair hall directly opposite to the anteroom window for more natural lighting and ventilation.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by akinola98: 1:55pm On Sep 10, 2022
twinskenny:
Supplied & installed

Solar street light.

How much ??
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Larwin(m): 2:02pm On Sep 10, 2022
[quote author=MrOkenwa post=116489487]
Thank you sir. He took 1.6m based on some mutual agreements, including this 30% chance that you mentioned.

Oh, glad it was a success. I salute you for understanding the risk involved and still embarked on it.

Successful borehole can be achieved anywhere no matter how stubborn the terrain is, most people l just don't like taking the risk most especially when huge amount of money is involved.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Larwin(m): 2:04pm On Sep 10, 2022
Apologist02:
Please, how best can an excavation on a hard sedimentary rock be done? Diggers are not making any significant differences.

They can chisel it.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Twostep: 2:10pm On Sep 10, 2022

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Godisgreatest1: 2:10pm On Sep 10, 2022
orlaryhincah:
Hi guys, I need your advice on the design attached. Critics welcomed. My concern is the ante-room is not being it. I want it to be a passage through to the kitchen... I thought if we had groceries shopping etc... there would be easy access to the kitchen than passing the living room; that was why I had that in the design? Does it make sense? Any suggestion? Thanks

Good afternoon sir, please you can switch the position of your ante-room and visitors toilet to where the living room is and verse versa. The dinning should remain where it is.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 2:11pm On Sep 10, 2022
Apologist02:
Please, how best can an excavation on a hard sedimentary rock be done? Diggers are not making any significant differences.

Better to use jackhammer machine. Chisel won't do the job for you.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 2:18pm On Sep 10, 2022
akinola98:

How much ??

This very with pole is 27k sir

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by orlaryhincah(m): 2:27pm On Sep 10, 2022
BrickDevo:

I feel the way ante room is positioned, it will be long to be accessed from the entrance door, and ante-room is supposed to be a waiting room for visitors before they can gain access in to core areas of the building, I suggest you rearrange your entrance door to be closer to the anter room and open a window at stair hall directly opposite to the anteroom window for more natural lighting and ventilation.

Thanks, I will consider the window at the stair hall. Thanks for this!

The ante-room is connected to the entrance from the stairs, and this is the first floor, not the ground floor.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 2:32pm On Sep 10, 2022
MrOkenwa:

Thank you sir. He took 1.6m based on some mutual agreements, including this 30% chance that you mentioned.

Yes, different discouraging stories everywhere.

Update
I did this one yesterday evening.
None of the drillers that I contacted gave me any assurance beyond "we will do our best".
The one that took the job insisted that I provide a representative that knows about borehole drilling. Should things go the way I don't like, this person will bear him witness.
There was about 40 meters overburden. They struck water at around 110 meters and they terminated the drilling at around 120meters.
26 pcs of thick Lombardy casing pipes used. I'm awaiting the installation of the pumping machine today.

diordaves, folmus. Thank you for your response and advice.

Congratulations. Reading the Geo survey I was positive. Enjoy.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrickDevo: 2:39pm On Sep 10, 2022
orlaryhincah:

Thanks, I will consider the window at the stair hall. Thanks for this!

The ante-room is connected to the entrance from the stairs, and this is the first floor, not the ground floor.
Oh that’s nice
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rany4all(m): 2:54pm On Sep 10, 2022
orlaryhincah:
If that is a priority for you, it's ok I guess, but for me the kitchen space would serve better as a bedroom because of the benefit of cross ventilation at that corner, while that bedroom with only one window should be the kitchen, with some modification of course.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by edward2018(m): 2:57pm On Sep 10, 2022
emmaodet:
Hello house.

Plase how much will it cost to fence a plot of land? the blocks required, workmanship, cement, sand etc
And the cost of a gate?
I want to renovate my parent house.

Land size, full (60ft by 120ft) or (50ft by 100ft) or you can state the actual size. Also where in Ogun state to be precise.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by decatalyst(m): 3:10pm On Sep 10, 2022
dannie007:
Affordable Doors at OX- Furnitures.
09090040008, 08066377733

How much is one?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by akinola98: 4:46pm On Sep 10, 2022
twinskenny:

This very with pole is 27k sir

The 2 solar lights together ??
Comes with warranty??
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 4:50pm On Sep 10, 2022
akinola98:

The 2 solar lights together ??
Comes with warranty??

One year replacement warranty.... Yes.

That's the cost of a single light sir not two

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by emmaodet: 4:51pm On Sep 10, 2022
edward2018:

Land size, full (60ft by 120ft) or (50ft by 100ft) or you can state the actual size. Also where in Ogun state to be precise.

60ft by 120ft.
Sagamu to be precise
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 4:52pm On Sep 10, 2022
Well done boss
Twostep:
Good day everyone, do you guys remember this building I posted sometime and asked if 10M would finish it to turn key ? (Pic 1)

Well, here’s an update on the progress, so far approx 7M has been spent on 2 couches, Paraphet casting, front pillars, roof and rain gutter, alluminum windows and burglaries, plumbing and electrical piping and purchase or wires (kept at home till finishing stages)

Plastering is on going and bricklayer charged 550k for all, fence inclusive *crying*

We are left with pop, tiling, doors, soak away and fittings.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 4:52pm On Sep 10, 2022
gbadexy:

I produce and sell/supply regal paints.
I'm not into painting but we have branched into spray application.
I have painters working with me though.

Oga Gbadexy, can you do "Glow in the dark paints??"
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 4:56pm On Sep 10, 2022
orlaryhincah:

To be honest, this is a really good design regarding flow. And it is airy too with lots of natural light. Not a single dark redundant space. Very good. About the best I've seen on these pages.

However, for me your ANTE ROOM is not working. Ante room na waiting room. So what is a waiting room when the visitor don already enter parlour. Ante room is for the visitor to wait before being ushered into the main lounge. In this respect the A. Room is not working. But the argument can be made that the A. Room as is can serve as a cosy room or second reception for the kids if you have a young family. But then again, that can be agued to be a wrong position for a second reception.

It is me. I hate visitors stepping right into the main lounge from the main entrance door (terrace). I really don't like this. There should be a foyer or ante room visitors step into first BEFORE being ushered in. I hate this too for security reasons. So if you kicked down the main door, you are right into my living room. Not working for me.

The V. Toilet is too deep into the house, very close to the kitchen area. Hygiene wise this is not ideal and will not work for me. For me, I will move the wall around:

See my "re-model".

With my re-model, you have the advantage of making the stairs a superb feature of the main lounge. A really fantastic wrought iron design with tall ceiling will not go amiss. But you may need to turn the stairs around that you access the stairs from the kitchen area where the V.T was situated. This is a better flow as one can access upstairs right from the kitchen. The V. Toilet is accessible to visitors away from deep inside the house and away from the kitchen and you now have a PROPER waiting room or Ante Room or whatever we want to call it.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 5:02pm On Sep 10, 2022
diordaves:

To be honest, this is a really good design regarding flow. And it is airy too with lots of natural light. Not a single dark redundant space. Very good. About the best I've seen on these pages.

However, for me your ANTE ROOM is not working. Ante room na waiting room. So what is a waiting room when the visitor don already enter parlour. Ante room is for the visitor to wait before being ushered into the main lounge. In this respect the A. Room is not working. But the argument can be made that the A. Room as is can serve as a cosy room or second reception for the kids if you have a young family. But then again, that can be agued to be a wrong position for a second reception.

It is me. I hate visitors stepping right into the main lounge from the main entrance door (terrace). I really don't like this. There should be a foyer or ante room visitors step into first BEFORE being ushered in. I hate this too for security reasons. So if you kicked down the main door, you are right into my living room. Not working for me.

The V. Toilet is too deep into the house, very close to the kitchen area. Hygiene wise this is not ideal and will not work for me. For me, I will move the wall around:

See my "re-model".

With my re-model, you have the advantage of making the stairs a superb feature of the main lounge. A really fantastic wrought iron design with tall ceiling will not go amiss. But you may need to turn the stairs around that you access the stairs from the kitchen area where the V.T was situated. This is a better flow as one can access upstairs right from the kitchen. The V. Toilet is accessible to visitors away from deep inside the house and away from the kitchen and you now have a PROPER waiting room or Ante Room or whatever we want to call it.

Nice. I feel (in my own opinion) that he should shift the room without cross ventilation to where the kitchen is.

A kitchen doesn't really need cross ventilation. Too many windows (3 in this case) means reduced space for cabinets.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 5:10pm On Sep 10, 2022
KolaShangOne:

Nice. I feel (in my own opinion) that he should shift the room without cross ventilation to where the kitchen is.

A kitchen doesn't really need cross ventilation. Too many windows (3 in this case) means reduced space for cabinets.

They might want ALL the rooms to be in ONE place close together. If they are to do that, then the MASTER BERROOM away from the rest of the rooms.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by orlaryhincah(m): 5:36pm On Sep 10, 2022
diordaves:

See my "re-model".

Thanks so much! I appreciate your detailed explanation, I will discuss this with the arch.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by orlaryhincah(m): 5:37pm On Sep 10, 2022
KolaShangOne:

Yeah! I am making the change!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Bbibbi: 5:56pm On Sep 10, 2022
Please house, I have this property to sell in Lokoja. Its a 4 bedroom all ensuit with 2 sitting room and a spacious ante room. Contact 0907 034 4654

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 6:53pm On Sep 10, 2022
KolaShangOne:

Oga Gbadexy, can you do "Glow in the dark paints??"
Yes sir, I doubt if the glow pigment I have is still good but I will check.
I bought half pound/around 0.4kg for a $100 over seven years ago then from glow nation at the rate of 20 or 25k then!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 6:59pm On Sep 10, 2022
Loaded and delivered first batch paints for a mega mall.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessedsunny2(m): 8:48pm On Sep 10, 2022
Still your blessed sunny global investment home of building materials & blessed Sam building materials enterprises.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Lekan239(m): 9:07pm On Sep 10, 2022
Can someone help me with the cost of roofing estimate to complete this building plan parapet inclusive, and other cost, electrical, plumbing etc

The project is at the DPC flooring stage and 2.1m already spent so far( 1,550 block already available included from the 2.1m). I'm thinking another 1m would be enough to complete block/bricklayer work for the project. Therefore 3m naira for bricklaying and block settings.

The next phase will be parapet and roofing, pls engineers in the building kindly assist. The cost is getting too much

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 9:29pm On Sep 10, 2022
Timtol:
None of these sketches are paid for, picked randomly from our archive,past works .... Any paid work never goes out cheap. (Privacy)
Note : The two floor plan images attached are not same and the plans are not in conformity with the 3d images attached to make plagiarism more difficult to any interested in such.

You love such luxury building plans?

Kindly reach out to us;
info@dioritestructures.com.ng
www.dioritestructures.com.ng
Our portfolio is available for accessibility to anyone who have some interest.

Quality and luxury aren't cheap but can be afforded....
The Best or Nothing Else

08100452977(WhatsApp)
08127167275 Alternative line
The best or nothing

(1) (2) (3) ... (3129) (3130) (3131) (3132) (3133) (3134) (3135) ... (3670) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ArcToyin(m), Skydivine and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.