Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,070 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:22 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3191) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4386678 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3188) (3189) (3190) (3191) (3192) (3193) (3194) ... (3667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Canyona1(m): 6:36am On Oct 30, 2022
Successbay:
I will sir, let's give him the final grace of this week to keep to his words, since he reached out yesterday.

I am sure he spent the money already, but won't listen to any of his pleas anymore if he doesn't get my jobs done.

alright. Keep us posted then..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Successbay: 6:37am On Oct 30, 2022
Yes sir, the first tranch of payment was made on the 6th of August, 2022.

I noticed his activities reduced on NL though, but still comes up once a while. He still picks his calls after several attempts, he always promises to come.. but never shows up.

This will be his final week of grace..

redgem:

Since August? God..that's 2 months ago.... Is he still here on Nl? What measures have you taken/tried to take to try locate him? I will try his line again with a different number.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Successbay: 6:39am On Oct 30, 2022
Noted oga mi sir. I just hope our forcemen wikk do the right thing on this case if he doesn't keep to his words of getting the work done this week.

hamtabfawaz:

Please Report Such Person to the Police.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redgem(f): 6:51am On Oct 30, 2022
michlins:
it's not a problem. I only gave you my advice as to what is best between your options

Yeah, I know, I've seen some of your work.. would have loved if I got the rails from you (thinking out loud).
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redgem(f): 6:53am On Oct 30, 2022
Twostep:
Good evening my people, so I just want to advice people on here not to make the mistake I made with pop, always ensure to choose your designs and have a solid conclusion, I’m not satisfied with my pop designs as I just let them do their thing.. however we move.

Please what do you guys think of this pop staircase bar design ? Boring in my option but then.. what can I do to bring it to live ? Someone suggested putting glass inside the boxes ?

Note: interior painting hasn’t been done, just screeding.

Inputs will be appreciated, thanks

It is actually not bad, just add some few finishing touches and warm lights..
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Olumighty123(m): 6:53am On Oct 30, 2022
undecided
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Thomaths(m): 6:59am On Oct 30, 2022
Rany4all:
You cannot cut out 3x4 from 2x6, so you have to buy the 35 pieces of 3x4 separately.

For the others:
400pcs of 2x6 can be cut into 400pcs of 2x4 and 400pcs of 2x2, so you'll have an extra 50pcs of 2x2 on top of the required 350.

160pcs of 2x6 can be cut into 320pcs of 2x3

400pcs + 160pcs = 560pcs
So you'll also need to buy another 22pcs of 2x6 which will not be cut.

In summary, you'll need a total of 35pcs of 3x4 and 582pcs of 2x6, from which you'll have an extra 50pcs of 2x2 after cutting.
This does help a lot. Grateful sir.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Successbay: 7:01am On Oct 30, 2022
The law of karma is very real.. I will surely trace him, if it gets to that extent.

segcymoor:

Well.. you actually no do wrong. For almost a decade I dey here I am not very sure a client come my office...we just signed contract agreement and proceed.
Our motto that says: Integrity is our watchword is not mere saying ..
One may not rule out challenging and issue on site but we try to manage it

One supplier sef I knew for years don carry my money go....I can trace him..I just no get his time ( not NL here oo)

It's a law: whatever you sow you shall reap!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Successbay: 7:03am On Oct 30, 2022
Seems there is actually a number of them.. He is not the one..

Wanted to contract a job out yesterday, but the bad eggs has affected trusting the ones that are good.

Jumyg:

I hope it is not Sam Segzy14 ( Oloriburuku , ole) who collected money from me since last year and abandoned my project.
Same here, I don't know his office or where he resides
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Successbay: 7:05am On Oct 30, 2022
You nailed it sir. I do not work in Lagos and most times not physically on ground. When is the time to start visiting offices..But with this experience, one may be forced to take out times to do the needful, cos it seems knowing one's place of work is now a needful before contracting out jobs or committing funds..
FEGEITOK:

I bought several TVs valued at almost 3 million Naira from a Nigerian I never met. I was attracted by his pricing and his professionalism. I chatted with him, he sent me a professional invoice, I conducted OSINT investigations into his name, phone number, email addresses and company names (previous and current) and then went ahead and he delivered.

I hope you have not just his name and number but also the entity or entities that he uses to do business.

It will help you recover your funds when you finally decide to take action.

I am sorry for your disappointment with doing business with Nigerians online, but I can guarantee you there are several good eggs you can do business with online.

You might just need to do a little more vetting before committing funds.

Busy people just don't have the time to personally visit offices of everyone they intend to do business with.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Successbay: 7:07am On Oct 30, 2022
Last week of grace chief..

Anything more than this week, I am supplying all his details on this thread.

kalu61:
You silence is why the said person will scam another person.
Call him out.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Thomaths(m): 7:11am On Oct 30, 2022
Reeefe:

yes it would give u all the 2x series but u have to buy the 3x4 separately
He separated the 3x4 from it, thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 7:25am On Oct 30, 2022
redgem:

Yeah, I know, I've seen some of your work.. would have loved if I got the rails from you (thinking out loud).
thank you. Good morning
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 8:01am On Oct 30, 2022
Successbay:
You nailed it sir. I do not work in Lagos and most times not physically on ground. When is the time to start visiting offices..But with this experience, one may be forced to take out times to do the needful, cos it seems knowing one's place of work is now a needful before contracting out jobs or committing funds..

Better in that way

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrickDevo: 8:19am On Oct 30, 2022
Could serve as a side board or tv console,
A realistic render from brickstakks

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cuddling44(f): 8:36am On Oct 30, 2022
Hello oga topsy.. eku iseh na. Pls i av a land av fenced gated and even built d security house... am thinking of starting my foundation soon but i don't think i will be moving to d site in d next 5years. Or 10 depends cos I wants my kids to finish primary in lagos dats for d next 5years and if all my plans is on point.. or better still they finish their secondary school and we move down... dat one no story we must move.. to kwara state.

Am in a dilemma to do my bore hole now... so i can use for d moulding of my blocks and d building.... av done d survey and am drilling to hundreds meters....
Also d saying dat drilling of boreholes after d building is not good due to d weight of d machine.....

Pls should i drill now.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dondollars4u(m): 10:05am On Oct 30, 2022
Twostep:
Good evening my people, so I just want to advice people on here not to make the mistake I made with pop, always ensure to choose your designs and have a solid conclusion, I’m not satisfied with my pop designs as I just let them do their thing.. however we move.

Please what do you guys think of this pop staircase bar design ? Boring in my option but then.. what can I do to bring it to live ? Someone suggested putting glass inside the boxes ?

Decorative Painting will be the best option, since you want to bring the boring space to live.

My candid opinion though
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redgem(f): 10:22am On Oct 30, 2022
Successbay:
Yes sir, the first tranch of payment was made on the 6th of August, 2022.

I noticed his activities reduced on NL though, but still comes up once a while. He still picks his calls after several attempts, he always promises to come.. but never shows up.

This will be his final week of grace..

Okay Sir... I hope he delivers... My pop guy said he has been down and couldn't tell me cos I'd feel its an excuse...but he has promised to resume on Monday cc hamtabfawaz

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Twostep: 11:03am On Oct 30, 2022
Sounds good! Thank you

redgem:

It is actually not bad, just add some few finishing touches and warm lights..
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by debeey87(m): 11:27am On Oct 30, 2022
cuddling44:
Hello oga topsy.. eku iseh na. Pls i av a land av fenced gated and even built d security house... am thinking of starting my foundation soon but i don't think i will be moving to d site in d next 5years. Or 10 depends cos I wants my kids to finish primary in lagos dats for d next 5years and if all my plans is on point.. or better still they finish their secondary school and we move down... dat one no story we must move.. to kwara state.

Am in a dilemma to do my bore hole now... so i can use for d moulding of my blocks and d building.... av done d survey and am drilling to hundreds meters....
Also d saying dat drilling of boreholes after d building is not good due to d weight of d machine.....

Pls should i drill now.

My opinion will be that you drill now. Don't know how big your project is, but water can cost you almost what you will need to drill in some areas.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by debeey87(m): 11:35am On Oct 30, 2022
I need recommendation for an affordable carpenter with wood for my lintel work behind Obasanjo farms in otta.

Also contact of cement vendors for 100bags of cement for 3800-3900 in the same area.

Lastly, how much una de buy 20T sharp sand now or for a truck like this. I bought this 100k last month or august. I am hearing 135k now

Thanks

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Fonyeri(m): 12:24pm On Oct 30, 2022
Good afternoon sir, I believe the POP design can be enhanced and a premium decorative design will change the outlook, feel free to check our page for decorative designs and our painting projects.
Twostep:

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by CDG1(m): 2:38pm On Oct 30, 2022
Welcome to Masterpiece trucks and granites
RC:3762158
We supply high quality granites and sharp sand for construction projects within Lagos (Mainland and Island ) Abeokuta and Ijebu Ode.
available materials and prices per ton:
3/4 down (3 quarter down)=#7200
3/4 (3 quarter)=#7000
Stone Dust =#2400
1/2 half inch =#7200
Small hardcore=#6800
Big hardcore = #6800
Stone base = #6800
Boulder =#6800
Sharp Sand=#150k (delivery inclusive) 30 tons
Why you should buy from us:
* We supply directly from Quarry.
* We provide haulage services with trained drivers that know almost every bus stops.
* We provide waybill
* We supply accurate tonnage
* 24/7 supply.....
If you have questions,Write me on WhatsApp using 07026691840

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 2:57pm On Oct 30, 2022
cuddling44:

Pls should i drill now.

You can drill the borehole if the fund is available .. price of things are not stable .. drill and if you notice that the area is not safe you can keep the machine to avoid stealing .. But let the driller flush the borehole to your satisfaction

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 3:01pm On Oct 30, 2022
Twostep:

I can see some cables outlet on the wall. Thinking the place would be used as picture frames with beaming of light

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Twostep: 3:27pm On Oct 30, 2022
Oh yea? I will look it up right away. Thanks

Fonyeri:
Good afternoon sir, I believe the POP design can be enhanced and a premium decorative design will change the outlook, feel free to check our page for decorative designs and our painting projects.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redgem(f): 4:40pm On Oct 30, 2022
michlins:
thank you. Good morning

Good afternoon Sir.. Please how much do you think I'd spend to get these done?
A and B

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 4:55pm On Oct 30, 2022
redgem:

Good afternoon Sir.. Please how much do you think I'd spend to get these done?
A and B
A will cost between 60-70 while B will cost between 45-50
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redgem(f): 5:20pm On Oct 30, 2022
michlins:
A will cost between 60-70 while B will cost between 45-50

Per meter or the length as seen in the pictures?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 5:34pm On Oct 30, 2022
redgem:

Per meter or the length as seen in the pictures?
per meter

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redgem(f): 5:38pm On Oct 30, 2022
michlins:
per meter

Okay Sir... Thank you, I appreciate �
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 5:38pm On Oct 30, 2022
redgem:

Okay Sir... Thank you, I appreciate �
you're welcome

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (3188) (3189) (3190) (3191) (3192) (3193) (3194) ... (3667) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Zzzdd and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.