Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,377 members, 7,815,803 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:39 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3267) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4385458 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3264) (3265) (3266) (3267) (3268) (3269) (3270) ... (3667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 8:24pm On Dec 26, 2022
CivilEngineer90:
What I meant that it wasn't my fault as it has been 3weeks already I didn't remember that. The new one is done already, just to PDF and send. But he's not intending on paying my balance and everyone seem to agree with him

Engr. Complete all the works that need to be done and if the client refuse to pay then come back and let the whole house judge. You need to do your part first.

I have done several MEP drawings for people on this property section. I normally tell them that they should allow me to do 50 to 75% of the work before mobilization, Sometimes I will complete the drawings before I request for payment so far the client is okay with the design drawings. We need to be patient when dealing with people especially online clients .

My little advice

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ChrisPrimeProp: 8:26pm On Dec 26, 2022
unzend:

The deliverables are both Architectural and Structural drawings.

And also that the work will be peer reviewed before the final 75K is paid.

I am just understanding the approval bit but I guess the drawings should be used for that also.
Thanks
Construction of buildings more than a bungalow requires the presence of the materials testing unit in most Nigerian states, Lagos inclusive.
You must have LSMTL on site during every casting, as such all sealed and approved drawings should be in place, and that is what will be used for construction, nothing less.
Like I advised another client (having issue with a Roofer) your Contractor and Supervisor shouldn't be the same person. You need to recruit a very competent Civil Engineer (Coren registered) that will guide you through every stage of this building project. S/he would have prepared a work scope with deliverables for each design discipline.
So I believe you get the idea regarding what you need do to ensure you don't have issues with so many workmen you would encounter in the course of this project.
Someone was counting losses as much as N1.75m yesterday. How much would he have paid for a professional supervision ?

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bobkezel(m): 8:30pm On Dec 26, 2022
CivilEngineer90:
DO YOU REALLY THINK UNZEND CAN ACTUALLY BEAT ME TO MY OWN GAME grin grin

If he doesn't credit me he won't get the real drawing with the updated bar calling out cheesy grin

If he checks the drawing it's just 3-16mm both top and bottom grin grin, who does that grin .. the areas needing 20mm I didn't put it. He even asked for an open roof terraced at the top of the building, I did it on the second drawing which is not on the one I sent cheesy
So it's a WIN-WIN

He even wanted a staircase outside the building but the one he has is the first one with the staircase inside and the dinning mirrored on the wrong side hahahaha

I will love to watch unzend beg cheesy grin

The drawings are correct though but it isn't the revised one
Who is the Internet fraudster now? Big foooool

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 9:23pm On Dec 26, 2022
I had initially expressed an opinion before reading to the last page..

Don't even know what to comment about..

Is it the client that wants to use bricklayers for a 3 storey building on a water logged land (from the picture) without even carrying out a soil test.

Or is it CivilEngineer90 accepting 150,000 naira for architectural abd structural design of a 3 - storey building..

CivilEngineer90 please stop the whole name calling. Before it turns your right to wrong.

Unzend please pay up your Engineer. Accepting 150k from you is a big favour.. you shouldn't owe him.

Contract someone else for an independent review within 24hrs and please pay him after. Thank you..

13 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Iriruaga100(m): 10:01pm On Dec 26, 2022
I really don’t understand why people here are just attacking the the engineer without attacking the client? The client shares equal blame in this wahala. Why is it taking the client three weeks to review structural drawings? This should not take more than three days to review. This no be company job when board members need time to seat.
Both of them are not straightforward.

10 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 10:05pm On Dec 26, 2022
GBAS GBOSS
LEFT AND RIGHT shocked shocked shocked
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 10:28pm On Dec 26, 2022
I have been respecting my age these days. My body hates insults.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by SurveyorGeo: 11:22pm On Dec 26, 2022
Let there be peace!

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 11:26pm On Dec 26, 2022
Iriruaga100:
I really don’t understand why people here are just attacking the the engineer without attacking the client? The client shares equal blame in this wahala. Why is it taking the client three weeks to review structural drawings? This should not take more than three days to review. This no be company job when board members need time to seat.
Both of them are not straightforward.

Both of them have issues agreed.

If there was a delay, the client should have informed the engineer and asked for more time to get back to him. Failure to do so can make someone go crazy. But the client showed good faith by making an additional payment soon after the argument went public.

The engineer on the other hand displayed a textbook case of how not to treat a client in the face of provocation. Is it posting PII of a client or castigated the client? The list of wrongs is too long to list.

Hope they resolve this issue in the interests of the house.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 11:41pm On Dec 26, 2022
sonnie10:
I have been respecting my age these days. My body hates insults.
Hahaha I like that term lipsrsealed embarassed lipsrsealed
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MMotimo: 12:43am On Dec 27, 2022
Sigh! Here I was thinking we would cruise into 2023 with no more drama.
I saw this yesterday but after going through some of the Engineer’s post history, I felt it prudent to wait before posting and I’m glad I did.

The relationship was based on a lot of mistrust from the beginning and on both sides , which begs the question “why did you both agree to do business in the first place?” Up till now, it’s not clear what the agreement was with regards to a payment schedule and at what stage of the job. The contract terms is what determines whether or not there’s a breach.

Best wishes to you both. I’m sure contractors have noted the customer’s moniker and clients have noted the contractor’s moniker lipsrsealed
Ireeee o!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 7:51am On Dec 27, 2022
FEGEITOK:

Both of them have issues agreed.

If there was a delay, the client should have informed the engineer and asked for more time to get back to him. Failure to do so can make someone go crazy. But the client showed good faith by making an additional payment soon after the argument went public.

The engineer on the other hand displayed a textbook case of how not to treat a client in the face of provocation. Is it posting PII of a client or castigated the client? The list of wrongs is too long to list.

Hope they resolve this issue in the interests of the house.

Oga Fege..

Lets not forget The client BLOCKED the Engineer on Whatsapp after getting the drawings and I'm sure that's what made the Engineer conclude he's being defrauded.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 7:55am On Dec 27, 2022
KolaShangOne:

Oga Fege..

Lets not forget The client BLOCKED the Engineer on Whatsapp after getting the drawings and I'm sure that's what made the Engineer conclude he's being defrauded.

No contest.

I didn't wish to rehash the whole story
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MrDraey(m): 8:24am On Dec 27, 2022
A bag of dangote cement sold @4800 this morning, Orozo Abuja
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 8:37am On Dec 27, 2022
Got Bua 4400 yesterday at Gudu

MrDraey:
A bag of dangote cement sold @4800 this morning, Orozo Abuja
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 8:37am On Dec 27, 2022
Is it true that we don't do skirting in the kitchen?

This is what my tiler said yesterday
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 8:41am On Dec 27, 2022
FEGEITOK:

I think because of the carbinet

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 8:58am On Dec 27, 2022
thanks, brother

twinskenny:

I think because of the carbinet
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 9:00am On Dec 27, 2022
Bought Royal Ceramics tiles (60 x60) 5,300 but I strongly suspect I could have gotten it fat 5,000 if I did not have the misfortune of buying through a middleman,

Next time I want to buy I will contact the company and ask for their authorized resellers in Abuja
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redgem(f): 9:21am On Dec 27, 2022
FEGEITOK:

Is it advisable to tile the entire kitchen from the ceiling to the ground floor?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 9:23am On Dec 27, 2022
Seasons Greetings from us at OAK Group.
May the season brings us peace in all ramifications.
We remain your plug to aesthetically pleasing and functional architectural designs+ detailed building constructional works.
Our threads are below.

https://www.nairaland.com/5927627/talk-architect-oak-group
https://www.nairaland.com/7417015/efficient-architectural-edifice-quality-building
https://www.nairaland.com/6501356/handle-building-projects
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 9:53am On Dec 27, 2022
redgem:

Is it advisable to tile the entire kitchen from the ceiling to the ground floor?

If you have the money you can tile the entire wall .
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Gigaset: 9:59am On Dec 27, 2022
Is it necessary ?
topsy23:

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 10:08am On Dec 27, 2022
It is a question that is best answered by your pockets and your choice.

My research shows that the key reason for tiling the kitchen is because it has a lot of humidity and heat and grease and because it is easier to clean.

They say tiles cost a lot to install but turn out to last longer than just painting. They say you get a better return on investment if you tile than if you paint.

My kitchen though was originally tiled, but since I want the freedom to change the color of the kitchen as I like, I removed all the tiles and have replaced them with paint save for those behind the working area (washing and cooking, and food prep), the floor and back of the cabinets

I gather that some people even use glass instead of tiles for the backsplash
redgem:

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 10:30am On Dec 27, 2022
Gigaset:
Is it necessary ?

Yes so that you have to be painting the upper most part of the kitchen
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redgem(f): 10:45am On Dec 27, 2022
topsy23:

Okay Sir... It boils down to funds and personal choice
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redgem(f): 10:48am On Dec 27, 2022
FEGEITOK:
It is a question that is best answered by your pockets and your choice.

My research shows that the key reason for tiling the kitchen is because it has a lot of humidity and heat and grease and because it is easier to clean.

They say tiles cost a lot to install but turn out to last longer than just painting. They say you get a better return on investment if you tile than if you paint.

My kitchen though was originally tiled, but since I want the freedom to change the color of the kitchen as I like, I removed all the tiles and have replaced them with paint save for those behind the working area (washing and cooking, and food prep), the floor and back of the cabinets

I gather that some people even use glass instead of tiles for the backsplash

You had to remove the tiles shocked

True tiles limits the freedom of playing with designs... If I had known, would have gone for just painting but I was advised otherwise
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by asskush: 11:13am On Dec 27, 2022
Hello House,

Please i need the services of astructural engineer for a property in etiosa, the engineer will assit with the structuralbility of the property.

You can send me a DM.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 11:24am On Dec 27, 2022
redgem:

Okay Sir... It boils down to funds and personal choice

Yes
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by CDG1(m): 11:44am On Dec 27, 2022
shocked
Seasonal greetings from masterpiece trucks and granites, We understand that buying from some suppliers pose you the risk of not getting the exact tonnage paid for.

You should buy from us because:
We provide Haulage services (Howo trucks and Mack trucks).

Full tonnage supply.
Affordable prices
We are registered with CAC.
Long-term relationships are extremely important to Us .
We do 24/7 supply.
Fast and reliable.

available materials are:
Boulder =7000/ton
Stone Dust =2500/ton
1/2inch =7200/ton
stonebase =7000/ton
Hardcore (Big or Small) =7000/ton
3/4 = 7200/ton
5/8(3/4down) =7200/ton
Abeokuta Sharp sand= 4200

Cost of transportation of materials from quarry to your site depends on the distance and price of diesel at the time.

Kindly call us to place order or make inquiries.. 07026691840 08126254470
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 12:10pm On Dec 27, 2022
Johnnyemy:
Merry Christmas guys.

Searching for a competent pop ceiling maker in remote area in the southeast, estimate per meters square for total of 700meters square required.

Call or WhatsApp 09122348437...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ChrisPrimeProp: 12:11pm On Dec 27, 2022
FEGEITOK:

The question rather is, what is the use of skirting then determine if it applies in other rooms but not the kitchen.
1. Skirting is used to close the gap between the wall and floor tile. Tiling is done from the centre of the room to the sides, so the skirting tiles cover part of the off-cut tiles falling at the sides.
2. Also prevents dirt from going into the crevices between the wall and floor while cleaning the floor.
3. And more reasons
Obviously these reasons apply to the kitchen as much as the bedroom.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3264) (3265) (3266) (3267) (3268) (3269) (3270) ... (3667) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Gharnew112(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.