Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,084 members, 7,849,401 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 08:36 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (329) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4474015 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) ... (3688) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:19am On Jun 16, 2016
@ lastpage,

One day I'll be happy to showcase some of the most beautiful architectural designs of the 50s - 80s on this thread. It's all in my dads collection and they're lovely.

Funny enough, this old guys too do modelling but it's always an artistic impression back then. Lovely stuffs!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 7:20am On Jun 16, 2016
KolaShangOne:

Hahahaha.. Jazz is real o..

Buhari omo Musa your mentor? No wonder.. Una two get mouth die

He can do no wrong. I like him without reservation and I'm not even Muslim wink

We walk the talk.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 7:22am On Jun 16, 2016
gbadexy:

You are very correct. Equipments like the plaster sprayer and concrete polisher are things that I expect to be used here already. I'm surprised it's not common yet.
In fact I've researched and toyed with the idea of procuring them for service rendering a couple years before this thread but for the capital requirements.
Nigeria is full of opportunities and the huge technological difference between the foreign countries and Africa will always make importing trending technology over there create new markets here.
I'm certain most clients would prefer a stained and polished floor to tiles when properly done.

That's my plan for both buildings.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:22am On Jun 16, 2016
gbadexy:

You are very correct. Equipments like the plaster sprayer and concrete polisher are things that I expect to be used here already. I'm surprised it's not common yet.
In fact I've researched and toyed with the idea of procuring them for service rendering a couple years before this thread but for the capital requirements.
Nigeria is full of opportunities and the huge technological difference between the foreign countries and Africa will always make importing trending technology over there create new markets here.
I'm certain most clients would prefer a stained and polished floor to tiles when properly done.

You're on my hotlist. Creative thoughts from you!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 7:48am On Jun 16, 2016
EgunMogaji:

That's my plan for both buildings.
That's great sir. Would love to see the finished result.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lastpage: 8:00am On Jun 16, 2016
n3xt:
@ lastpage,

One day I'll be happy to showcase some of the most beautiful architectural designs of the 50s - 80s on this thread. It's all in my dads collection and they're lovely.

Funny enough, this old guys too do modelling but it's always an artistic impression back then. Lovely stuffs!

Chairman,

Have you not noticed that what was 'standard' in those days, is what is trending now, fifty years later?
For example, look at the Pillars and window artworks... our Family House build in the 50's, in Yaba area, has those same window-sill designs and roman-type pillars!

Its just like fashion, ....it goes round in "circles and cycles". undecided grin

What we do now is that we have found ways to improve on what they did, using modern methods/technology.
For example, their Pillars and designs in those days were pure and solid concrete mix.... nowadays, we have found ways to just do a "wrap-around" of the same design, with a hollow or void centre! shocked

In doing so, we have reduced cost and weight. E be like say we sharp pass them, abi? grin grin

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:24am On Jun 16, 2016
lastpage:

For example, their Pillars and designs in those days were pure and solid concrete mix.... nowadays, we have found ways to just do a "wrap-around" of the same design, with a hollow or void centre! shocked

In doing so, we have reduced cost and weight. E be like say we sharp pass them, abi? grin grin

Lastpage!

How have we reduced weight and cost?

The pillars of those days were designed with clay/mud. No special reinforcement in most of them. Fewer cement just for the rendering alone and yet none of our designs nowadays can match up with them.

Until I can see someone who can match up the design below nowadays without breaking bank. Otherwise, we are no match for the oldies.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ajibsca: 8:24am On Jun 16, 2016
I just watched the plaster sprayer video and men it is a bomb. Never knew such machinery existed. I like the concept firstly because it saves a whole lot of time and secondly there will be no wastage of cement . For others who dont know what it is like .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=livGiBuyR2A

Knowledge they say is power. The whites are decades ahead of us in terms of technology and machinery. It's time we start breaking beyond bounds in Nigeria.

gbadexy:

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abdulwastecx(m): 8:31am On Jun 16, 2016
Juokorow:

The attached brief video illustrates how hollow blocks are laid neatly and efficiently (mortar-wise), using a common trowel. It boils down to training and appropriate compensation for highly skilled block layers. This reminds me of the reasons why Togolese are deemed exceptionally good on plastering, tile-work, etc. Sometimes, it ain't the quality of the hammer, but the skill of the carpenter that creates shabby results.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VGjA66RSm0

If you look closely at theaame mortar use in laying these blocks you will noticed that they are factory made and have more plasticity than our own sharp sand use as mortar here.

They blocks are of lighter weight and smaller height. In advance countries, materials specifications are ready available compare to here
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abdulwastecx(m): 8:38am On Jun 16, 2016
lastpage:

Chairman,

Have you not noticed that what was 'standard' in those days, is what is trending now, fifty years later?
For example, look at the Pillars and window artworks... our Family House build in the 50's, in Yaba area, has those same window-sill designs and roman-type pillars!

Its just like fashion, ....it goes round in "circles and cycles". undecided grin

What we do now is that we have found ways to improve on what they did, using modern methods/technology.

Lastpage!

You are absolutely right sir.. . My last visit to my home town 'ikare akoko in ondo state was remarkable, I saw plenty one storey building built since 1930 still standing. These houses were built with clay and decked with well seasoned wood.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:39am On Jun 16, 2016
ajibsca:

Knowledge they say is power. The whites are decades ahead of us in terms of technology and machinery. It's time we start breaking beyond bounds in Nigeria.

I'm sure if we collate all the ideas shared on this thread alone, one can make a saving of over a million naira from any project.

But how easy can this be when 2/3 of the thread was used on negative energies to spread ignorance.

That's the big difference between the whites and the blacks.

The same thing applies to our attitude towards governance. We are super good at pointing out errors (negative energies) of each government without harping on ways to make a positive difference.

I hope and pray that this thread and many more like this will bring something positive to Naija construction industry that we will all love to be named with.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ajibsca: 9:04am On Jun 16, 2016
You have a very valid point Sir. Apart from saving in terms of expenses,one can actually actualize that dream home without breaking the bank. Like I said in one of my previous posts,people have different tastes but what happens when you have taste and the innovation, machinery and idea is absent. I also agree on the negative energy aspect .We really should focus on channeling our energies to be constructively positive and innovative rather than playing the hate and bashing game. The whites are able to forge ahead of us because they are creative thinkers and do a lot of research with the aim of making lives better and easier for themselves. Less I forget,I love nairaland because you get to engage with people on the same page as you and learn from a vast archive of knowledge being posted here everyday.Thanks to Seun, a visionary and talented person who understands the usefulness of information. If only Africans can unite, Africa will be the greatest continent on earth because we have all it takes if we can maximize the use of technology to its full potential.

n3xt:

I'm sure if we collate all the ideas shared on this thread alone, one can make a saving of over a million naira from any project.

But how easy can this be when 2/3 of the thread was used on negative energies to spread ignorance.

The same thing applies to our attitude towards governance. We are super good at pointing out errors (negative energies) of each government without harping on ways to make a positive difference.

I hope and pray that this thread and many more like this will bring something positive to Naija construction industry that we will all love to be named with.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by write2obi(m): 10:01am On Jun 16, 2016
n3xt:

Send-down-the-rain: As far as in me lies, there's no single moral justification for high pitched (pyramid) roofs unless you're doing such on smaller footprint. Even at that, this is not recommended for larger buildings and buildings with complex shapes and not in areas highly susceptible to high wind or hurricane.

Extra cost for little or no value. I guess I'm looking at things from "function over form" POV. If this is in far away Canada where it is snowy, I'll be quick to say yes this is pretty cool roof type to choose cause it easily shed off accumulation of snow and extra weights on the building.

But like we all agree, one man's meat is another man's poison. So long it fits the owners taste and budget, it's a welcome development.

I'll rather choose that figure to get a room in the attic and make the pyramid roof useful at least.
A pic of a bathroom in the attic was posted some few weeks back. The roof is also send down the rain and he had a room, a library and a bathroom inside the roof on the 2nd floor.
Thanks you brabus, personally, i'm tired of seeing those tall roofs.
But it is alleged that "send down the rain" kind of roofs helps in keeping our house cool in hot weather. How true is this?

Finally what do you think about flat roofs? I mean those kind of parapet roofs that you don't even see the roof sheets?

n3xt:

Floor-to-ceiling tiles: Why? Tiles do not stop water so don't be sold into using tiles from floor-to-ceiling in other to prevent moisture or how do I put this?
There are moisture resistant paints that does that and you're never stucked with one permanent look for life. Trends and styles will change over time, it's more easier to paint over bare walls than to remove and replace rustic tiles.

Too much over tiles in houses makes them look like an overly design build to me. Keep it simple. Apart from the areas where your water line actually passed through and to prevent splash. Tiles shouldn't be used to replace other materials in the house.
not all intending house owner knows about moisture resistant paint.
You are not alone in the second bolded.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Happykay: 10:02am On Jun 16, 2016
n3xt:

The best saving anyone can make is to use prudent and qualified builders
And avoid n3xt/brabus like a plaque
You are only good in Internet pix and building sinking houses

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by brag3: 10:23am On Jun 16, 2016
Madam Gabby,

Totally agree with this. Alot of sentimental feeling has gone into most first time commercial builds.

We did exactly what you did and if we undertake this again alot of things will disappear. I was telling some friends the same thing. why have ensuite all round for a rental property. Why use any kind of expensive tile? why even contemplate things like fancy lights when simple lights will do? We have really learnt alot from this experience and it will strictly be the investment hat on next time around. No room for sentiments ever again.......

gabbytabby:
At a level I do understand most are building and also intend to live in a part of it so they do want to make it aesthetically pleasing for them but the internals for rentals do not have to be to the same standard as yours. We end up building for ourselves. My first build all the 2 beds has 3 toilet totally unecassary. The feasibility was based on 450k for each unit. We are only able to acheive that in year 6.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by agarawu23(m): 10:31am On Jun 16, 2016
gbadexy:

can u pls show us pictures of a stained/polished floor?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by agarawu23(m): 10:34am On Jun 16, 2016
Mr Londoner olowub
If you want to register here tell me o
I will Inform our class captain grin
Stop peeping in wink
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by babalose: 10:34am On Jun 16, 2016
What are the pros and cons of complete exterior house cladding other than aesthetics? I often see its not well embraced in Nigeria. Must our houses look almost the same. You can drive round neighborhood after neighborhood with a WOW factor.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 10:34am On Jun 16, 2016
[quote author=Qc1 post=46615200
I don't use yahoo email address. I'm fine with Gmail. (keem4ever69@gmail.com)[/quote]

Ok I will resend. This is different from yiur email address I had. Thx.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lastpage: 10:41am On Jun 16, 2016
Happykay:

The best saving anyone can make is to use prudent and qualified builders
And avoid n3xt/brabus like a plaque
You are only good in Internet pix and building sinking houses

Let it roll Brus!

No one is perfect, the important thing is to accept your mistakes, Repent, seek forgiveness and make recompense..... all these l think he is currently doing or trying to do .

It takes a bold person to not study building in College/Uni/Poly, to start building for others!
Its a challenge and l can tell you, MISTAKES (which l agree are costly to the home owner) WILL BE MADE....LESSONS WILL BE LEARNED AND IMPROVEMENT (if you are a naturally intelligent person), ....will follow.
I insist Brabus is learning, getting better, he just needs to clam down and not be overly ambitious or trying to run, before you are perfect at walking. Step-by-step....gives long-life!

The only thing l hate most about Brabus is his need to always think "I need to defend myself,... at all times"! Too self-conscious!!
It is not always necessary. Infact, "you can disarm your worst enemy with uncommon humility".

Just accept the complain/fault...then follow it with "Oga, how can l rectify it to your satisfaction"? (It does not mean the Client will insist you foot the whole bill or even some of it, most Clients are 'super-generous' when it comes to correcting errors in their build because they want it "perfect and done now".).. and it does not mean you are stewpid!

My Dad use to use one phrase: "He STOOPED to (so that he can) CONQUER"! yes, at times, you need to "stoop", so you can conquer challenges that come your way.

My Mum also has these 'annoying' phrase she uses: E'je kape werey l'oko iyawo, kole je ka'mi! grin
(Let us call a madman "Happily married man", so he can let us have peace"!)

In those two phrases you will see a lot of humility, intelligence and success!

Now, as for us the "concerned parties" we are right to be miffed but we should also note that we cannot cry more than the bereaved!
If we make excessive wahala today, and then we see the Client and Brabus even come together and abuse us later (Wetin be your own or wetin concern you sef, no be my money, uhh?).... how would that feel?

Does anyone notice that @Hajj M has not gone "all out" to attack Brabus?
WHY? Or do you think he is not also annoyed? It is called maturity!
Knowing when to take a step back and let it lie. undecided undecided

Moreover, in life, their is something called KARMA! We will all reap whatever we sow.... except we "seek and get" the forgiveness of anyone we aggrieve.
Its a fact of nature, whether you believe it or not.

So, let us please stop making too much allusion to what happened... except where the aggrieved Client has reason to "raise-up" the issue due to new errors or non adherence to agreed templates. let us also try (l said 'try' because its not always easy undecided ) to dessist from inflammatory language.
Infact, l have decided that l will stop responding to provocations from people on this thread (I reserve that for Politics section grin )
I will just ignore it and act like l never even saw it. It wont tear my cloth naah, abi? undecided

Let Peace reign!

Lastpage!

Brabus, your matter don enter prayer point! grin grin
You will keeping getting better, by fire by force! Holllyyyy-Ghoost fire! .....F-I-R-E! shocked shocked

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by agarawu23(m): 10:42am On Jun 16, 2016
ajibsca:
I just watched the plaster sprayer video and men it is a bomb. Never knew such machinery existed. I like the concept firstly because it saves a whole lot of time and secondly there will be no wastage of cement . For others who dont know what it is like .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=livGiBuyR2A

oyinbo's don't want stress so they take time to make research and come out with something new. We naija go sitdown dey use one method/style for 100 decades
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by brag3: 10:47am On Jun 16, 2016
My Oga,

Me self tire oo. I have never used hot water here in Lagos no matter the weather.

I have never understood the heater use here in naija but I guess we all have different body temp controls grin grin

agarawu23:
I just laugh when ppl talk about water heater in Nigeria grin

No winter
No stable electricity to power it
Abi na because of ordinary breeze wey dey blow for just few weeks during harmattan go make me dey find heater?
I know we like to live the oyinbo life but it's not in naija were our expections aren't met by our bad govt.

I will walk down to my kitchen and boil water if cold dey catch me.

Heater for naija

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lastpage: 10:49am On Jun 16, 2016
babalose:
What are the pros and cons of complete exterior house cladding other than aesthetics? I often see its not well embraced in Nigeria. Must our houses look almost the same. You can drive round neighborhood after neighborhood with a WOW factor.

What l hate most about the Western World, especially the UK and Ireland, is the "same bored look" of the streets where all the houses look exactly alike! Mind you, they are neat and well-built but in terms of "aesthetics, innovativeness and imagination", its a uninteresting.

Use to tell a friend that if he comes to Nigeria, he would see different types of houses on the same street and that we are free to build ANY STYLE we like! he was like "It cant be true"! shocked shocked

We may still be on the low/middle level, but ON THE AVERAGE, l think Nigeria has some of the most classic private-owner houses world wide.
I would hate my neighbour to build his house exactly like mine..... even though l may not have a valid reason to prevent such.
grin

Lastpage!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by agarawu23(m): 10:51am On Jun 16, 2016
brag3:
My Oga,

Me self tire oo. I have never used hot water here in Lagos no matter the weather.

I have never understood the heater use here in naija [size=15pt]but I guess we all have different body temp controls grin grin[/size]

probably
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by loomer: 10:55am On Jun 16, 2016
brag3:
My Oga,

I have never understood the heater use here in naija but I guess we all have different body temp controls grin grin

Bros leave that story, no be everyone body dey fit carry cold.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by babalose: 11:08am On Jun 16, 2016
[b]@Lastpage....Even when we are allowed to freestyle in Nigeria with our building design, I rarely get a WOW factor. How often do you go for a drive and pause to appreciate an architectural masterpiece in Nigeria? Europe is architecturally dull especially in residential areas.
Some estates in Nigeria tried copying that dull concept of all house must look alike. Sometimes fences makes us not to truly appreciate the really beautiful houses we have in Nigeria due to lack of security and sometimes the owners can't showcase it in magazine even if they are approached by property magazines because of their ill-gotten wealth.
I am of the school of thought that believes, an architectural masterpiece inspires people and makes them to appreciate their environment. In Nigeria, if you have ever passed by a house built by play architecture, you will subconsciously smile. He builds modern houses that beautifies it's environment. I am not saying he is the benchmark but that's a WOW factor. When people pass by your house and smile, then imagine being the resident or owner.[/b]

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by write2obi(m): 11:18am On Jun 16, 2016
lastpage:

Let it roll Brus!

No one is perfect, the important thing is to accept your mistakes, Repent, seek forgiveness and make recompense..... all these l think he is currently doing or trying to do .

It takes a bold person to not study building in College/Uni/Poly, to start building for others!
Its a challenge and l can tell you, MISTAKES (which l agree are costly to the home owner) WILL BE MADE....LESSONS WILL BE LEARNED AND IMPROVEMENT (if you are a naturally intelligent person), ....will follow.
I insist Brabus is learning, getting better, he just needs to clam down and not be overly ambitious or trying to run, before you are perfect at walking. Step-by-step....gives long-life!

The only thing l hate most about Brabus is his need to always think "I need to defend myself,... at all times"! Too self-conscious!!
It is not always necessary. Infact, "you can disarm your worst enemy with uncommon humility".

Just accept the complain/fault...then follow it with "Oga, how can l rectify it to your satisfaction"? (It does not mean the Client will insist you foot the whole bill or even some of it, most Clients are 'super-generous' when it comes to correcting errors in their build because they want it "perfect and done now".).. and it does not mean you are stewpid!

My Dad use to use one phrase: "He STOOPED to (so that he can) CONQUER"! yes, at times, you need to "stoop", so you can conquer challenges that come your way.

My Mum also has these 'annoying' phrase she uses: E'je kape werey l'oko iyawo, kole je ka'mi! grin
(Let us call a madman "Happily married man", so he can let us have peace"!)

In those two phrases you will see a lot of humility, intelligence and success!

Now, as for us the "concerned parties" we are right to be miffed but we should also note that we cannot cry more than the bereaved!
If we make excessive wahala today, and then we see the Client and Brabus even come together and abuse us later (Wetin be your own or wetin concern you sef, no be my money, uhh?).... how would that feel?

Does anyone notice that @Hajj M has not gone "all out" to attack Brabus?
WHY? Or do you think he is not also annoyed? It is called maturity!
Knowing when to take a step back and let it lie. undecided undecided

Moreover, in life, their is something called KARMA! We will all reap whatever we sow.... except we "seek and get" the forgiveness of anyone we aggrieve.
Its a fact of nature, whether you believe it or not.

So, let us please stop making too much allusion to what happened... except where the aggrieved Client has reason to "raise-up" the issue due to new errors or non adherence to agreed templates. let us also try (l said 'try' because its not always easy undecided ) to dessist from inflammatory language.
Infact, l have decided that l will stop responding to provocations from people on this thread (I reserve that for Politics section grin )
I will just ignore it and act like l never even saw it. It wont tear my cloth naah, abi? undecided

Let Peace reign!
Well said lastpage, this is exactly what i was trying to tell Egunmogaji in a thread he created about fraudulent builder.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by brag3: 11:25am On Jun 16, 2016
Truly said but look at these same houses in 7-10 years time and tell me what they look like.
They may start off very well but with no maiintenance they all fall apart in 7-10 years.
Just simple touching up like small coats of paints are not even done regularly on these fine houses.
We have to admit that we love to start things but we always fail to either complete or make them last as they should.
This happens in all fields here not just in properties. Even our IT systems don't get the regular maintenance they need to keep them performing to their max capabilities.

We truly love the beauty of things but not willing to keep that beauty up for a very long time.

I truly think we should change our mindset before we begin to make things work here in naija

lastpage:

What l hate most about the Western World, especially the UK and Ireland, is the "same bored look" of the streets where all the houses look exactly alike! Mind you, they are neat and well-built but in terms of "aesthetics, innovativeness and imagination", its a uninteresting.

Use to tell a friend that if he comes to Nigeria, he would see different types of houses on the same street and that we are free to build ANY STYLE we like! he was like "It cant be true"! shocked shocked

We may still be on the low/middle level, but ON THE AVERAGE, l think Nigeria has some of the most classic private-owner houses world wide.
I would hate my neighbour to build his house exactly like mine..... even though l may not have a valid reason to prevent such.
grin

Lastpage!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by brag3: 11:27am On Jun 16, 2016
Bros, We no get cold for lagos here oo. Where the cold dey grin grin grin grin
I need a min of 3 cold showers a day here and water is already hot from the tank grin grin grin

loomer:

Bros leave that story, no be everyone body dey fit carry cold.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by babalose: 11:31am On Jun 16, 2016
@brag3....do you then believe, cladding is better than painting?

Babalose
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by brag3: 11:39am On Jun 16, 2016
I am not an expert in the area of cladding so I honestly cant comment on this but what I can say for sure is that we need to encourage alot more mentainance in our buildings (be it top-up paints or cladding). if Cladding will give it the good-feel look as well as sustain the live of the building then so be it. I look at alot of buildings here in Lagos and I can only dream of how they looked when they were first built.

Look at them now and you can only wonder what happened.

Did we have some kind of war in Lagos? grin grin grin

babalose:
@brag3....do you then believe cladding is better than painting?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by babalose: 11:46am On Jun 16, 2016
@brag3.....you got a good laugh out of me. We tend to lack maintenance culture but most of those house you are talkng about, the actual owners are either late or has become very old or due to lack of inflow. Children always tend to care less about maintaining their fathers house except there is an upcoming family event like wedding, remembrance, birthday, burial or anything that will gather people to the house and they don't want people to behold the eyesore. Many of us are guilty of that as well. How many people repainted there dad's house in the last 5 years purely out of maintainance without ulterior motive?

Babalose

(1) (2) (3) ... (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) ... (3688) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: lucas12, Blessedsunny2(m), acmebuilding, Port443, joetoocute

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.