Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,147 members, 7,849,573 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 02:18 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (332) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4474686 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) ... (3688) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 9:15pm On Jun 16, 2016
-
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mavverick: 9:18pm On Jun 16, 2016
Well you have a point Haji
I was just shocked with adeekiti, he's the last person I would have thought I would have a quarrel with. I met him once, was supposed to be twice. We do talk on a different level like brothers and I appreciate it, he does advice me and all. I just felt that when things didnt work out, he ought to come out to me like a brother. That was all. Even my bros that also knows Adeekiti and was there that faithful Sunday was just as shocked. But i don Sabi Ade, I don Sabi am be that.

Thanks Haji once more for settling things.

mufutau55:

But at least we turned AdeEkiti thing to good story... and was amicably settled with satisfactory result. He is cleaned. That, I am glad.

With some others... you just have to leverage the bad with the good... and in the end things will work itself out. It is well IJN.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gabbytabby: 9:21pm On Jun 16, 2016
To put things in perspective, I need to add that original plan was for 12units and build over 6-9months but I was with child in the month that I bought the land such that it became piecemeal over 6 years and when you are building with tenants in situ the rent levels are different than a completed build.

It was 350, 350, 365, 380, 400, 450 as now completed.

brag3:
Thanks Madam,

Please hope you don't mind and I dont mean to pry at but just for my sanity.

Please can mention what you got in years 1, 2, 3 leading up to year 6?

I am just amazed at this and we need to prapare and set our expectations.

Hope you don't mind

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 9:23pm On Jun 16, 2016
mavverick:
I was just shocked with adeekiti, he's the last person I would have thought I would have a quarrel with. I met him once, was supposed to be twice. We do talk on a different level like brothers and I appreciate it, he does advice me and all. I just felt that when things didnt work out, he ought to come out to me like a brother. That was all. Even my bros that also knows Adeekiti and was there that faithful Sunday was just as shocked. But i don Sabi Ade, I don Sabi am be that.

The way I always look at it, is that, when two people deals with each other there is bound to be disagreement once in a while...
It's just a misunderstanding... but we are glad to settle it and move on.. Thanks for your cooperation too. PEACE by all means except violence.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 9:25pm On Jun 16, 2016
-
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 9:38pm On Jun 16, 2016
mufutau55:

I will ever be glad to hear that. We all need salvation.

Hajji M.

Hajji, you really don't know Brabus.

Just about 30 minutes ago, one of my client here that we have heated argument on her project which we did between 2011 and 2013 called me for a project after leaving me an email to feel my pulse.

I replied and asked her to call my line. She greeted and I replied.

She then asked "Aren't you surprised to receive a call from me after all that happened" I quickly cut in "after all that happened yesterday." Then I say "Hey mama, today is a new day what's up for grab"
She said "I was discussing with my sister about a plan to do XYZ and the only that came to my mind is yours and I'll like to know if you'll consider this because you already knew my style - what works and what doesn't."

The past is past. Nobody can ever find me there even if they keep searching till eternity. Do you know why? It's because I'm quick to forgive and let go so that I can enjoy my life in peace. I told the madam that if you're my wife and there's an issue "do you think I'll spend all my life fighting it or move on with my life." I don't know how comfortable I'll be sulking all the days of my life over what can never be undone.

Brabus

Many respect for leadership style on this forum. E o ni d'agba iya o.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jun 16, 2016
n3xt:
To the pros! It's fair to normally take the road level as reference point when building a foundation. What happens in a situation where the road itself gets below the water level during a continuous downpour and the house gets flooded?

Here are videos from Badore and Ilaje area of Ajah 30 hours after yesterday's downpour. The worst hit is Abraham Adesanya area with flood level hitting almost 3ft high.

What do you do in such a case?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yoFqtTd8Xw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoHEnpMrjRw

Guy no be small thing yesterday ooo, even my Tacoma dey swim but my 4wd help me overcome am oo

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 9:41pm On Jun 16, 2016
segzy14:

Guy no be small thing yesterday ooo, even my Tacoma dey swim but my 4wd help me overcome am oo

Wetin you go do if you found your 1m high foundation below water level?

That great day is coming when all Lekki resident will understand they were living inside water.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jun 16, 2016
segzy14:

At least you dey inside motor? I feel sad for the citizens that are trekking in that putrid water angry
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by segcymoor(m): 9:56pm On Jun 16, 2016
segzy14:

Tacoma! Which model grin
Toyota Tacoma 2003 is specially designed for this purpose.

----------
Most rugged machine!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 10:00pm On Jun 16, 2016
segcymoor:

Tacoma! Which model grin

----------
Most rugged machine!

Oga what will you do if you found water hitting the DPC level of your foundation after due consideration of the road level?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by babalose: 10:07pm On Jun 16, 2016
@brabus.....even if the foundation is 2m high and everything around is submerged, isn't that an island? The occupant will have to keep inflated boat in the store. I remember I once told you I will have an inflated boat in my house

Babalose
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abdulwastecx(m): 10:08pm On Jun 16, 2016
Juokorow:

Sometimes, a partial disclosure stirs panic and, hence, is worse than silence. On my need to know, given potential collaboration, please confirm that Abdulwastecx and Spyder880 are clear of this dark cloud over "engineers and builders". Thanks.

Oga be rest assured, I am not the guy

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by brag3: 10:13pm On Jun 16, 2016
Thank you madam,

Your insights us helps us newbies.

And one more question. Was this rent constant over this 6 year period (as in was it paid every year)?

gabbytabby:
To put things in perspective, I need to add that original plan was for 12units and build over 6-9months but I was with child in the month that I bought the land such that it became piecemeal over 6 years and when you are building with tenants in situ the rent levels are different than a completed build.

It was 350, 350, 365, 380, 400, 450 as now completed.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 10:15pm On Jun 16, 2016
babalose:
@brabus.....even if the foundation is 2m high and everything around is submerged, isn't that an island? The occupant will have to keep inflated boat in the store. I remember I once told you I will have an inflated boat in my house

I'm asking this because this can happen to anyone, anytime soon.

30% of Coop Villa remain flooded till this evening. I'm sure you'll agree there's good planning and good design and development in that estate. Yet, it still went under water. Don't even mention VGC. A visit to VGC (Home of Our Vice President) will give you an insight of what we are up against in not too distant future.

I am asking the Pros in the house.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jun 16, 2016
segcymoor:

Tacoma! Which model grin

----------
Most rugged machine!

Na Tacoma 2003, same type with yours.
People for good news for ogombo just dey ask me how I take pass?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by babalose: 10:19pm On Jun 16, 2016
@segzy14.....a Toyota Tundra or Hummer H2T will do likewise. That's why it's imperative for anyone who is financially bouyant and is living on the island to have a truck or a proper SUV not those fancy crossovers.

Babalose
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by segcymoor(m): 10:32pm On Jun 16, 2016
babalose:
@segzy14.....a Toyota Tundra or Hummer H2T will do likewise. That's why it's imperative for anyone who is financially bouyant and is living on the island to have a truck or a proper SUV not those fancy crossovers.

Babalose
Bros, their is a thin line in between....,

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by segcymoor(m): 10:33pm On Jun 16, 2016
n3xt:

Oga what will you do if you found water hitting the DPC level of your foundation after due consideration of the road level?
Well, I did not belong to those categories.........
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 10:35pm On Jun 16, 2016
Thanks bros mavverick, hajj and others involved, God bless u all. It was just a little misunderstanding and I'm grateful to God it all went well again. I'm sorry for my words as well.
mavverick:

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 10:36pm On Jun 16, 2016
segcymoor:

Well, I did not belong to those categories.........

I guess that means no advice for those who fall into the category.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by passe(m): 10:44pm On Jun 16, 2016
mufutau55:

But at least we turned AdeEkiti thing to good story... and was amicably settled with satisfactory result. He is cleaned. That, I am glad.

With some others... you just have to leverage the bad with the good... and in the end things will work itself out. It is well IJN.

Hajji M.

I will appreciate if you can send me "NL" on wallex032003@yahoo.co.uk Please I need to clarify some personal issues with you,

Thanks for your anticipated response.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gabbytabby: 10:45pm On Jun 16, 2016
brag3:
Thank you madam,

Your insights us helps us newbies.

And one more question. Was this rent constant over this 6 year period (as in was it paid every year)?

On average 50 percent paid yearly and on time(for the first 3 years) 25 percent within 3-4 months of due date, 15 percent within 6 months of due date and then the 10 percent who really cannot afford or totally lack the discipline of making any financial commitment or simply freeloaders. We now issue eviction notices when rent is 1 day late and start proceedings asap.

void was about 15 percent due to my delay of turnaround maintenance and most tenants overstayed their end date or due to notice.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by babalose: 10:47pm On Jun 16, 2016
@Brabus. ....so whats the advice for those that fall into that category

Babalose
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by segcymoor(m): 10:59pm On Jun 16, 2016
n3xt:

I guess that means no advice for those who fall into the category.
Well, wetin make I talk now.

-----
Campaign after election ;DD

----
But the entrance to the house can be raised with concrete ..shifting lintel above in the process

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 11:08pm On Jun 16, 2016
FastShipping:

Leave my conscience alone sir. I have done nothing wrong.

As it is your conscience is an open wound, only the truth can heal it.

My take is either the story is grossly embellished or

You genuinely fear for the safety of your family.

You shouldn't have gone public at all with the half story. You've polluted the business air for the few trustworthy and REAL builders because ALL are now to be taken with a pinch of salt.

So if you are a builder and this is not you, come out now and clear your name to safe guard your business..............

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mavverick: 11:23pm On Jun 16, 2016
That ilaje Mobil road, is that not the road by ikota villa first gate and leads into scheme 2 via mobile estate and resettlement area ?
Even on a normal day, why would there not be flood issues, I am sure you have seen that resettlement scheme area, people literally build shanty houses on drainage/gutter. Literally no where for the water to go. I drove pass one day trying to avoid vgc traffic, I was terrified was an understatement. You even pay road tax to pass that short cut self, in the end it took almost an hour to get to Abraham Adesanya from mega chicken. Fair enough we miss road small inside scheme 2.

n3xt:
To the pros! It's fair to normally take the road level as reference point when building a foundation. What happens in a situation where the road itself gets below the water level during a continuous downpour and the house gets flooded?

Here are videos from Badore and Ilaje area of Ajah 30 hours after yesterday's downpour. The worst hit is Abraham Adesanya area with flood level hitting almost 3ft high.

What do you do in such a case?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yoFqtTd8Xw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoHEnpMrjRw
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 11:28pm On Jun 16, 2016
diordaves:

You shouldn't have gone public at all with the half story. You've polluted the business air for the few trustworthy and REAL builders because ALL are now to be taken with a pinch of salt.

So if you are a builder and this is not you, come out now and clear your name to safe guard your business..............

It won't happen but...

What if the builder came in on bent knees, outed himself and begged for forgiveness?

Thereby saving his colleagues this shameful suspicion.

I know who it is now without the shadow of a doubt but I've been told to stop weeping about like a women grin

Anyone that spends anytime on here will know who it is based on the clues put forthwith.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 11:29pm On Jun 16, 2016
segcymoor:

Well, wetin make I talk now.

-----
Campaign after election ;DD
----
But the entrance to the house can be raised with concrete ..shifting lintel above in the process

I like the campaign after election bit grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 12:18am On Jun 17, 2016
passe:

I will appreciate if you can send me "NL" on wallex032003@yahoo.co.uk
Please I need to clarify some personal issues with you,
Thanks for your anticipated response.

Done... replied thru your email address above. Thanks.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by agarawu23(m): 12:36am On Jun 17, 2016
diordaves:

cool
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by agarawu23(m): 12:39am On Jun 17, 2016
gbadexy:

Here is a sample.
they are cool. Tho we are still in hunt for 3d flooring contractor with quotation per sqm

(1) (2) (3) ... (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) ... (3688) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: timelineinc, doncafu(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.