Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,110 members, 7,828,927 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:11 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (331) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4428022 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) ... (3674) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Juokorow(m): 3:24pm On Jun 16, 2016
FastShipping:

On few occasion I saw nairalanders contacted him for work and I made contacts to warn them.

Sometimes, a partial disclosure stirs panic and, hence, is worse than silence. On my need to know, given potential collaboration, please confirm that Abdulwastecx and Spyder880 are clear of this dark cloud over "engineers and builders". Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by write2obi(m): 3:25pm On Jun 16, 2016
n3xt:

Sorry about the delayed response. It's a very busy week for me. Maybe you should repost the question. Trust me, I'll do justice to them.

I'm on 3 flat roofs this week.

The one in the last pic was done in collabo with Nigerite.
I asked what you think about flat roofs considering how hot it's usually gets in Nigeria, what are the advantage and disadvantages of a flat roof over a high roof?.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by brag3: 3:26pm On Jun 16, 2016
Evil prospers when good people keep quiet.

FastShipping:

Leave my conscience alone sir. I have done nothing wrong.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jun 16, 2016
Juokorow:

Sometimes, a partial disclosure stirs panic and, hence, is worse than silence. On my need to know, given potential collaboration, please confirm that Abdulwastecx and Spyder880 are clear of this dark cloud over "engineers and builders". Thanks.

I rest my case grin

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jun 16, 2016
agarawu23:
can u pls show us pictures of a stained/polished floor?

Chief Abulesowo, go to Houzz.Com and knock yourself out or install their app.

Oh wait, you and Hajj don't like hitech stuff and are still using this grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by olawale100: 3:33pm On Jun 16, 2016
Bad things happen not only when good people refuse to act, but also when good people keep quite.

It is always good to relay bad experiences.

Many Nairalanders especially in diaspora relies on what they see on this site to make their judgement.

Please let us speak up against this bad people.

If people make genuine mistake, that is entirely different.

Will you look away if a bad person commit a crime such as rape? It could be your sister or daughter tomorrow.

Evil multiplies when good people look away..

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 3:47pm On Jun 16, 2016
write2obi:

I asked what you think about flat roofs considering how hot it's usually gets in Nigeria, what are the advantage and disadvantages of a flat roof over a high roof?.

Pls gimme some time to tidy up today's work. I'll feedback on why flat roof is my choice on certain type of property.

Regards.

Brabus.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 3:53pm On Jun 16, 2016
Boss @fastshipping what an experience...you are a tolerance man I must confess

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ahmedonia4real(m): 4:34pm On Jun 16, 2016
I know of some guyz that are internet rats like dat, they too can keep this kind of a secret because they see the fraudster as a colleague. So they wont want to talk too much because dey too got their money through illegal means........

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by back2sender: 4:39pm On Jun 16, 2016
twinskenny:
Boss @fastshipping what an experience...you are a tolerance man I must confess
I beg to differ with oga fast shipping on this. He should name the fraudulent engineer. This reminds me of spiderman when he saw those thieves and refuses to act only for the same thieves to kill his uncle. Evil thrive when good men do nothing.
Oga FastShipping just give us a clue about the person and leave the rest for us, we will do the needful here grin cool

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Juokorow(m): 5:01pm On Jun 16, 2016
As a senior citizen, one is reminded of the need to avoid opening a Pandora's box, voluntarily, only to plead oath of silence or "the fifth", thereafter!

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 5:15pm On Jun 16, 2016
agarawu23:
can u pls show us pictures of a stained/polished floor?
Here is a sample.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 6:44pm On Jun 16, 2016
Qc1:

I believe its the same sir.

No. I had keem4u@gmail.com and keem4u@yahoo.com
I guess they are old now... I have used them to communicate with you several times in the past.
I have resent the info though. Thanks.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FastShipping: 6:48pm On Jun 16, 2016
Pandora Ko, bees shack ni. You all should do your due diligence before engaging anyone to build your house. I let few people close to me know what happened and they were my witnesses to this.

One thing I won't do is to get into childish unending character assassination that goes on here or destroy someone's livelihood. This life is good and the bad. You take each one as they come.

When Brabus saga came up few times, I voiced my opinions and displeasure and moved on. One thing I won't do is to come here on daily basis and act like a girl who got jilted. I feel for Qc1 and others who lost hard earned money. It is painful to go through what they went through after losing millions. So who am I to lose approximately 500k when oga Qc1 lost millions.

For those who want me to mention name, sorry I won't. I have dealt with the issue privately and advised the so called engineer. He promised not to disappoint anyone in the future. If he likes, he yields to my advice or do the opposite.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jun 16, 2016
I swear to god that this section is as funny if not more funny than the joke section grin

At least on there we know we're dealing with mostly teenyboppers but here I know it's mostly adults, this makes it even more hilarious.

Carry on.

#MySignature

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 7:19pm On Jun 16, 2016
Everything FastShipping wrote in his earlier narratives is TRUE.

I was involved big time, I spent countless hours on the phone with the said Nairalander after FastShipping contacted me.
We all have the way we deal issues in our life, I have to respect FastShipping decision not to go public and especially when a
family member is involved.

I respect every person's privacy. I have countless Nairalanders contacting me with various issues like Builders/contractor/artisan referrals,
contract negotiations, dispute settlements. I have never come to this forum and opened any "can of worm" any anyone.

I wanted to go public but FastShipping pleaded not to, because I was mad about the issue. But I knew FastShipping personally and have to
abide by his wish. FastShipping is one of the Nairalander I knew well as a friend and anyone who ever met him will agree. He is not the type of person that will take food away from anyone's mouth... so he thought the guy will learn from his mistake.

I have received several inquiries about the same Nairalander after the FastShipping incidents and I have always told the inquirers the full story and
why they need to stay away from the person.

I have a thread opened about a month ago and link posted here several times for this type of info, but how many people have even commented
on that thread, even those who complained about Brabus and some others? So, people blame nobody for the way they handle their affairs.

Just a hint from FastShipping message, the person is a so-called Roofer. Thank you.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by brag3: 7:43pm On Jun 16, 2016
Thanks Madam,

Please hope you don't mind and I dont mean to pry at but just for my sanity.

Please can mention what you got in years 1, 2, 3 leading up to year 6?

I am just amazed at this and we need to prapare and set our expectations.

Hope you don't mind

gabbytabby:
Year 1 rent level was only achievable in year 6

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jun 16, 2016
A smart script writer from Nollywood should come in and write a soap opera.

Alliances made, alliances broken, skirmishes and wars, breakups, makeups, troublemakers, soothsayers, peacemakers,

The critical question is who will play EgunMogaji and Azuh?

Hajj can be played by Kosoko Snr.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 7:46pm On Jun 16, 2016
EgunMogaji:
A smart script writer from Nollywood should come in and write a soap opera.
Alliances made, alliances broken, skirmishes and wars, breakups, makeups, troublemakers, soothsayers, peacemakers,
The critical question is who will play EgunMogaji and Azuh?
Hajj can be played by Kosoko Snr.

Oga mi I beg o... and let Ms. Olunloyo come after me? NO O.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by babalose: 8:01pm On Jun 16, 2016
@Hajj M....Your hint clears a lot of doubts and speculations. It has also made it a short list. Thanks for the headsup

Babalose

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lastpage: 8:33pm On Jun 16, 2016
write2obi:

Let me make my point once more, brabus made mistakes, alright, and from his actions he is obviously sorry, why can't we we all forgive and move on.

FastShipping:

One thing I won't do is to get into childish unending character assassination that goes on here or destroy someone's livelihood. This life is good and the bad. You take each one as they come.

When Brabus saga came up few times, I voiced my opinions and displeasure and moved on. One thing I won't do is to come here on daily basis and act like a girl who got jilted.
For those who want me to mention name, sorry I won't. .

mufutau55:
Everything FastShipping wrote in his earlier narratives is TRUE.

I was involved big time, I spent countless hours on the phone with the said Nairalander after FastShipping contacted me.
We all have the way we deal issues in our life, I have to respect FastShipping decision not to go public and especially when a
family member is involved.

I have never come to this forum and opened any "can of worm" (on) any anyone.

I wanted to go public but FastShipping pleaded not to,...... so he thought the guy will learn from his mistake.

I have received several inquiries about the same Nairalander after the FastShipping incidents and I have always told the inquirers the full story and
why they need to stay away from the person.

Just a hint from FastShipping message, the person is a so-called Roofer. Thank you.

Hajji M.

I have culled this three responses, to shed light on this discussion.
I have asked a question in my previous post (which probably started this discussion today): Why have we not seen Hajj M come here to called someone a fraud and attack him the way some are doing endlessly, despite been aware of what is going-on?
I suggested it was due to MATURITY.... and Hajj's post above has vindicated me on that.

Now, let me say a few things that would nto go down with some people on this thread:
We are all different...in so many ways. Some are here just to ridicule others. some are here just to inflate their tiny ego! Some are here just to 'dance the flow'. Some are here to share their wealth of experience. Some are here to learn. Some are here to "validate" their insecurity. Some are here to 'feel among' and love to "gang-up" against others. Some are l little bit of some of the things...... but no one here can claim PERFECTION. We all know were we fall. undecided undecided

Having said that, we need to distinguish between a few things:
1.) "exposing a fraud/Criminal/Charlatan" Contractors (Which l agree is good and necessary). The only way to prevent them from scamming
someone else is to expose them.

2.) Character Assassination: This have two dimensions in defining it.

a) General/English definition: the act of saying false things about a person usually in order to make the public stop liking or trusting that person. It is also the slandering of a person, usually with the intention of destroying public confidence in that person

b.) Legal Definition: Character Assassination refers to the slandering or vicious personal verbal attack on a person with the intention of destroying or damaging that person’s reputation or confidence. In other words it is malicious verbal assaults designed to damage or tarnish the reputation of a person. Once done, these acts are often difficult to reverse or rectify. Therefore it is likened to a literal assassination of a human life. The damage sustained can last a lifetime or, for historical figures and important personalities, for many centuries after their death.

It involves a deliberate attempt to destroy a person's reputation, especially by criticizing them in an unfair and dishonest way when they are not present. It can also involve exaggeration or manipulation of facts to present an untrue picture of the targeted person, double speak, spreading of rumors, innuendo or deliberate misinformation on topics relating to the subject's morals, integrity, and reputation. It is a form of defamation.

3.) Exposure with intent to warn others and to assist the "accused Contractor to turn a new leaf": In this instance, the aggrieved Client will expose the Contractor so as to warn others but will at the same time, leave room for the Contractor to confess his sins, ask for forgiveness and promise to not repeat such in future and to get better! This type of "EXPOSURE or not keeping quiet", benefits everyone and up-builds us as humans.

Now, looking at the definitions above, you will agree with me that a WICKED, FRAUDULENT CONTRACTOR cannot claim that "his character is being assassinated", when he is EXPOSED to the public, by an aggrieved Client.

But you will also agree that Character assassination, goes beyond JUST EXPOSING the criminal contractor, so as to warn others... it involves taking additional and further steps to COMPLETELY DESTROY THE PERSON, for personal and wicked reasons. More like the "Legal Definition".

This is what some of us here want to do to Brabus. Some of us here want to completely KILL HIM! That is not what a decent humanbeing should do.
*Yes, you expose him so that others will "keep their eyes open" when dealing with him.
*You expose him so that he knows people are watching him

*You give him the opportunity to "reform and turn a new leaf" (One of the reasons l keep jumping on Brabus's back, from time to time, with "encouraging comments", because l want him to get better
*You ask him to come clean, make amends and even help him to get better.

What you need not do is keep tarnishing his image for MONTHS, keep "assassinating" his personality" (Some even carry this on their head when they have never given him a job to do, cry more than the bereaved and generally just want to KILL HIM and his Family).

The question is: WHY... and what do you gain from totally destroying a young man... because he made mistakes!

Let me say this here: A lot of us would have made some of the mistakes Brabus or some other Contractors made if not that "we learned from their own mistakes and improved on it". So, their mistake is our own benefit, somehow.

There are people here how dont know "jack" about construction and stylishly ask questions because they are too arrogant o agree they dont know "jack" ... yet they are the "leaders and champion" of the "crucify-him-brigade"! What smelly hypocrisy is that?

I dont want to focus on Brabus per say but l know that he is refunding the money of the fake approval back to Maverick! That is a positive
I know that he is in discussion with Qc-1, on how to correct the problems in that building and salvage the situation. That is a positive
But l have a problem with him trying to defend himself too much, at all cost, with some hint of arrogance that upsets the Client and everyone else.
*We have told him this in no uncertain terms but does that mean we should DESTROY HIM COMPLETELY?
*Does that mean we should ensure he never has any job again?
*Does that mean we should ensure his family cant be fed again?
*Does that mean we should not "let go" fo the name-calling and try to help him improve by keeping and eye on him and encouraging him?

What people dont realize is that at times, people behave better when they know that "they have been forgiven and much is expected of them".

It is a process l use on my own children (sorry to use that example, no disrespect to adult people here). You do something terrible, l "word you very well" but wont punish you.. when yo are expecting me to punish you! I just tell you to go and "correct yourself and convince me that l should not punish you"! Surprisingly, the child! wants to impress me at all cost and in the process, gets better by the day.

That is why l quoted what @write2obi said above.

EXPOSE, CRITICISE, .... BUT KNOW "WHEN TO STOP",...... BEFORE IT TURNS TO CHARACTER ASSASSINATION.

If the offender is ready to turn a new leaf (after mentioning his name to everyone or some matured people... who in-turn will keep a close eye on him, ensuring that he is really improving and not doing the same scam again), why then do we need to "kill him"?
Like Jesus said: He who is without blemish, should cast the first stone! (I still insist on mentioning the name IMMEDIATELY the Fraud occurs).

In real life, some of us are worse than the hypocritical stance we portray on this faceless column. You can see as much as that from what they write, if you are very perceptive.

So, let us lay-off Brabus matter, let us keep an eye on him and any other person but dont let us assassinate their character, in the legal sense of it.
We are all imperfect and we are all learners but we must be truthful, upright and strive to be good.

Lastpage!

PS: If anyone misinterpret my stance as supporting fraud, it is their own comprehension level and they are entitled to it. I will expose fraud but will not assassinate the person completely. Humans can reform, if given the chance

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 8:34pm On Jun 16, 2016
babalose:
@Hajj M....Your hint clears a lot of doubts and speculations. It has also made it a short list. Thanks for the headsup
Babalose

Thank you sir. I just hate to break a friendly promise.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jun 16, 2016
Yawwwnnnn.....snore.....request resoundingly denied. Metal to the pedal, full speed ahead. grin

Edit: I'm not on here for popularity contest, I could care less what some online userid thinks of me / shyte doesn't pay my bills.

I do note though that QC1 issue is now getting visibility and payments to Mavverick has been increased. Success.

All good stuff.

When I say some people are below me and don't count then the thread will blow up again. So I won't say it grin

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 8:47pm On Jun 16, 2016
@Lastpage ..... to save space I did not quote your message!

While I was looking for words to put this narratives into something better...

Lastpage you came out and broke everything into pieces.... some people are good... you are good at writing and analyzing things.
Thank you for the rescue.

Note: I want to be like you when I grow up o.

Hajji M.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jun 16, 2016
For those that monitor the development in their areas, Google has updated their map recently.

No money, dollar is high, but still I see houses are springing up around me like mushrooms grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mavverick: 8:59pm On Jun 16, 2016
Oga FastShipping

Very interesting read up, but I think you should mention the name of the builder or engineer (EVEN THOUGH I KNOW THE PERSON ALREADY, HE SOMETIMES WEARS GLASSES AND APPARENTLY ONLY HIM IS ALLOWED TO VISIT A PARTICULAR STONE COATED ROOFING COMPANY grin). Those of us in Diaspora have suffered in the hands of engineer on NL oo.

Personally, I have had too many bad experience.

* Brabus
* AdeEkiti
* Another Big Engineer on NL grin Big ko, smalls ni !!

Thats making 3 people now, all of which ended with a bad taste in my mouth.
Haji knows the full story of all 3 of them, bless him. Haji has heard all these negative stories so many times. Haji, how may good stories have you heard about Artisans on NL ?, I only told you about one and even that one self, he has his own headache but still a correct guy, just some of his workers are funny.

FastShipping:

God bless you for this write-up. Brabus needs to exercise humility. He doesn't know when to shut-up or when to profusely apologize.

Let me tell you a story here. Hajj aware of this and I believe I showed what transpired to Skimanski and few others on blackberry.

Last year I gave my house roofing work to a nairalander. A quack for that matter who claimed to me he was an engineer. He gave me a quote and I paid him in full. I always pay in full upfront. He was supposed to start the work on a Monday but to my surprise he didn't start the work for more than two weeks from the day he was supposed to start. Then the next thing I saw was for the guy to start buying new clothing and displaying his pictures on nairaland. Designer shoes, shirts, trousers and watches. I said to myself wft! I called him several times and his phone was transferring me to different phone. When I eventually spoke to him, he told me he was working on a project at Ajah. I said but you were to start this work since last week.

He eventually bought wood and brought his workers to site after about two weeks. Three days into the work, he sent me a text that the house was bigger than he thought that he needed to make a new quote because they needed more materials. I said this has to be a joke. He sent a new quote and I sent him payment. Hajj was aware. Nothing I do that I don't let Hajj know in regard to my house.

Three weeks into the job, I sent my mum and brother to the site and there was rancor going on there. People who supplied things to the site coming there to curse at my site because my roofer owed them thousands of naira. He owes his carpenters money for over a week and hasn't been showing up. Carpenters were coming to the site but not working because he owed them one week pay. I didn't know that each day I call that he picked up he wasn't at the site. He always said he was eating close by or buying something in the neighborhood. After a month on the roof carcass, he called me that my cousin at the site has been tormenting him. I said how has he been tormenting you. He said the quote he gave me second time was at the insistence of my cousin. He said my cousin said I don't ask questions that I just agree with any quote people give me as long as the work is done right. I said wow. So I told the nairalander that you are a criminal. You agreed to lie to me that the quote was not good enough and I agreed to pay you extra. I said why are you telling me this now? He said the work at the site is a big problem for him that I should call my cousin to return the money he gave to my cousin so he can use the money to buy more nails and wood because materials turned out to be insufficient. At this point I was on the verge on sending him 1.8M Naira for Metcoppo Aluminum sheet quote he gave me to cover the carcass. I quickly told my brother not to transfer the money to him. I quickly called Hajj and called the nairalander quack "engineer" on three way call. To my surprise the guy was defiant on the phone. I couldn't believe it. He was talking as if he was doing me a favor to let me know what was going on at the site.

When I discovered he couldn't be trusted, I contacted Tower and First Aluminum. I woke up 6am U.S time and called those companies. They asked I send them emails. Tower and First Aluminum went to my site and met this nairalander and my cousin. To my surprise, they told those Tower guys to over quote for the roof coverings and give them their shares. The Tower guys said that's not going to happen. When Tower and First Aluminum guys got back to me, they told me the entire roof needed to be torn down because the carcass was not done right. I called the so called nairalander who claimed to be an engineer and told him what those guys had just told me. The next thing the quack engineer from nairaland did was to engage into fight and insult of the First Aluminum guys who were at the site. He told them they wanted to destroy his life. My brother and mother were present to see everything. I called the nairalander quack "engineer" to leave the site immediately. Not only did he commit fraud, he also asked me to do some things that were not needed to be done there that the whole carcass and other mistakes he made on reconstruction of my house cost me in the region of extra 480K+ because we had to tear down everything and start from scratch again. I was sending him pictures of house as the entire 579 square meter roof was torn down. As the carcass was going on, he called me gables needed to be done at the back and I told him no. My cousin called me and said gable was needed. I sent them 225K for gables and it tuned out the gable wasn't needed because the First Aluminum guys dismantled it during the tear down of roof carcass.

My point is, the nairalander accepted his was quack. He confessed to me he was only looking to feed his family. He has been a nairalnder since 2008 or so. As a matter of fact he begged me not to go public because his source of living would be dashed because it is on nairaland that he eats. In fact his wife is on nairaland too. He told me a whole bunch of things that I just pitied him and never opened a thread about him on nairaland. The guy never stopped begging me for more than two months. He kept apologizing.

Hajj is a witness. I believe I showed it to Skimanski too on BBM and segzy14 was there too. The guy never stopped texting me to apologize. He is still here on nairaland parading himself as an engineer and builder. I just shake my head when he comes on threads accusing others of incompetence.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 9:03pm On Jun 16, 2016
mavverick:
Personally, I have had too many bad experience.

* Brabus
* AdeEkiti
* Another Big Engineer on NL grin Big ko, smalls ni !!

Thats making 3 people now, all of which ended with a bad taste in my mouth.
Haji knows the full story of all 3 of them, bless him. Haji has heard all these negative stories so many times. Haji, how may good stories have you heard about Artisans on NL ?, I only told you about one and even that one self, he has his own headache but still a correct guy, just some of his workers are funny.

But at least we turned AdeEkiti thing to good story... and was amicably settled with satisfactory result. He is cleaned. That, I am glad.

With some others... you just have to leverage the bad with the good... and in the end things will work itself out. It is well IJN.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jun 16, 2016
FastShipping:

God bless you for this write-up. Brabus needs to exercise humility. He doesn't know when to shut-up or when to profusely apologize.

Let me tell you a story here. Hajj aware of this and I believe I showed what transpired to Skimanski and few others on blackberry.

Last year I gave my house roofing work to a nairalander. A quack for that matter who claimed to me he was an engineer. He gave me a quote and I paid him in full. I always pay in full upfront. He was supposed to start the work on a Monday but to my surprise he didn't start the work for more than two weeks from the day he was supposed to start. Then the next thing I saw was for the guy to start buying new clothing and displaying his pictures on nairaland. Designer shoes, shirts, trousers and watches. I said to myself wft! I called him several times and his phone was transferring me to different phone. When I eventually spoke to him, he told me he was working on a project at Ajah. I said but you were to start this work since last week.

He eventually bought wood and brought his workers to site after about two weeks. Three days into the work, he sent me a text that the house was bigger than he thought that he needed to make a new quote because they needed more materials. I said this has to be a joke. He sent a new quote and I sent him payment. Hajj was aware. Nothing I do that I don't let Hajj know in regard to my house.

Three weeks into the job, I sent my mum and brother to the site and there was rancor going on there. People who supplied things to the site coming there to curse at my site because my roofer owed them thousands of naira. He owes his carpenters money for over a week and hasn't been showing up. Carpenters were coming to the site but not working because he owed them one week pay. I didn't know that each day I call that he picked up he wasn't at the site. He always said he was eating close by or buying something in the neighborhood. After a month on the roof carcass, he called me that my cousin at the site has been tormenting him. I said how has he been tormenting you. He said the quote he gave me second time was at the insistence of my cousin. He said my cousin said I don't ask questions that I just agree with any quote people give me as long as the work is done right. I said wow. So I told the nairalander that you are a criminal. You agreed to lie to me that the quote was not good enough and I agreed to pay you extra. I said why are you telling me this now? He said the work at the site is a big problem for him that I should call my cousin to return the money he gave to my cousin so he can use the money to buy more nails and wood because materials turned out to be insufficient. At this point I was on the verge on sending him 1.8M Naira for Metcoppo Aluminum sheet quote he gave me to cover the carcass. I quickly told my brother not to transfer the money to him. I quickly called Hajj and called the nairalander quack "engineer" on three way call. To my surprise the guy was defiant on the phone. I couldn't believe it. He was talking as if he was doing me a favor to let me know what was going on at the site.

When I discovered he couldn't be trusted, I contacted Tower and First Aluminum. I woke up 6am U.S time and called those companies. They asked I send them emails. Tower and First Aluminum went to my site and met this nairalander and my cousin. To my surprise, they told those Tower guys to over quote for the roof coverings and give them their shares. The Tower guys said that's not going to happen. When Tower and First Aluminum guys got back to me, they told me the entire roof needed to be torn down because the carcass was not done right. I called the so called nairalander who claimed to be an engineer and told him what those guys had just told me. The next thing the quack engineer from nairaland did was to engage into fight and insult of the First Aluminum guys who were at the site. He told them they wanted to destroy his life. My brother and mother were present to see everything. I called the nairalander quack "engineer" to leave the site immediately. Not only did he commit fraud, he also asked me to do some things that were not needed to be done there that the whole carcass and other mistakes he made on reconstruction of my house cost me in the region of extra 480K+ because we had to tear down everything and start from scratch again. I was sending him pictures of house as the entire 579 square meter roof was torn down. As the carcass was going on, he called me gables needed to be done at the back and I told him no. My cousin called me and said gable was needed. I sent them 225K for gables and it tuned out the gable wasn't needed because the First Aluminum guys dismantled it during the tear down of roof carcass.

My point is, the nairalander accepted his was quack. He confessed to me he was only looking to feed his family. He has been a nairalnder since 2008 or so. As a matter of fact he begged me not to go public because his source of living would be dashed because it is on nairaland that he eats. In fact his wife is on nairaland too. He told me a whole bunch of things that I just pitied him and never opened a thread about him on nairaland. The guy never stopped begging me for more than two months. He kept apologizing.

Hajj is a witness. I believe I showed it to Skimanski too on BBM and segzy14 was there too. The guy never stopped texting me to apologize. He is still here on nairaland parading himself as an engineer and builder. I just shake my head when he comes on threads accusing others of incompetence.

Longest time boss, I sent u messages on BBM and no response.
What stage are u in your build?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 9:09pm On Jun 16, 2016
lastpage:

Oga Brabus,

I know exactly what you mean!
Its gives an "intellectual feeling" and touching it physically gives 'life' to it as well.......

I was a Library prefect in Sec. School and l am very comfortable with Shelf-ed Books.
I have a Library at home but over time, l am trying to digitalize as many Books as l can.... while not trying to acquire new "Paperback" Textbooks.

There are whole ranges of novels l have read as far back as the early 70's that l have found their Electronic Copies online, and have saved them.
You know our "children of today" who were born with "Laptops, Memory Sticks, Kindle and Ipad"...... l have this morbid fear of what they would do to my Paperbacks, when l am gone! angry angry

I wish l can take my books along! (Not like burying them with me sha, that would be silly! grin )

Lastpage!

Another library/academic prefect here too grin

In my own case I held the post for 2 years, from SS1 till SS2.

My respects Sir.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 9:11pm On Jun 16, 2016

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 9:13pm On Jun 16, 2016
-
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 9:13pm On Jun 16, 2016
n3xt:

I was once lost but now I am found. shocked shocked

I will ever be glad to hear that. We all need salvation.

Hajji M.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) ... (3674) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: mrphysics(m), adamma24, Berryman63 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 148
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.