Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,476 members, 7,830,394 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:06 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3287) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4431662 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3284) (3285) (3286) (3287) (3288) (3289) (3290) ... (3675) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by folmus: 5:19pm On Jan 10, 2023
michlins:
lipsrsealed I do these ones

How much be these ones?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 5:29pm On Jan 10, 2023
diordaves:

20k ke? For wooden door with frame? That one go hard o. But you never know. Everything and anything is possible.
Its possible, if he quality doesn’t matter. He can get a frame for 8k or less as well the door 8k depending his location

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by segcymoor(m): 5:52pm On Jan 10, 2023
Taking level for suspended slab

MOORE -DESIGNBUILD LTD
....we do structures right

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gabbytabby: 5:58pm On Jan 10, 2023
If on the mainland a manila or teal door and frame was 15k in October so I suspect you can get for 20k.

joedguy:
PLEASE MY GOOD PEOPLE, CAN I SEE A WOODEN DOOR WITH FRAME OF 20K. THATS MY BUDGET. THANKS FOR YOUR RESPONSE

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 6:37pm On Jan 10, 2023
BrickDevo:

This house fine, i like the railings design

Thanks brother

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 6:53pm On Jan 10, 2023
folmus:

How much be these ones?
37,000 for single and 47,000 for double

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 7:09pm On Jan 10, 2023
[i][/i][b]
Epsstore:

Polystyrene doesn't burn when if the source of fire does not touch it surface.
Polystyrene is flammable does not mean it spreads fire!
Hahaha, one ☝️ have to wait until it spreads fire on 150 million homes or businesses. What an thinking

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rmx: 8:54pm On Jan 10, 2023
Epsstore:

Are you planing to set your kitchen on fire and put it on polystyrene... Paper burns more than polystyrene, polystyrene does not spread fire, if the source of the fire is removed, polystyrene will stop melting...

Don't be stuck in a cynical ideology that polystyrene is flammable, polystyrene is durable and most electrical wiring are now inside a pipe, so what's is the risks.

We must considered climate change and the effects of excessive mining of limestone on our environment, Co2 emission increasing as we demand more cement, This earth is our only home, we have to be deliberate with our construction choices... Choose eco friendly renewable polystyrene for your ceiling installation and wall Partitioning.

And the petroleum and petrochemical industry where the polystyrene is made from according to you is environmental friendly? The joke is on you my friend , take peoples Advice and market your products jeje , don’t go into areas you know nothing about

By the way , someone I know just used polystyrene for a four story commercial building still under construction at ib . Visited and was surprised , much cheaper than pop , much faster installation . Not sure I took pix , might consider for future builds

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 8:55pm On Jan 10, 2023
joedguy:
PLEASE MY GOOD PEOPLE, CAN I SEE A WOODEN DOOR WITH FRAME OF 20K. THATS MY BUDGET. THANKS FOR YOUR RESPONSE

You can get for between ₦12k and ₦15k but don't expect "diamonds-are-forever" miracle.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sethtsadopp: 9:18pm On Jan 10, 2023
Please what is the average cost of these stair rails. I got a quote of between 20 - 23k per meter for the ones I uploaded here, depending on design. Is it a fair price?

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sethtsadopp: 9:33pm On Jan 10, 2023
Also I have 3 Bathroom Cubicles and I got the below quote and measurement. Please kindly help me access if it is ok.
Master bathroom -1.3m²×1.55m²

Room 1 - 800mm²×1.2m²
Room 2 - 900mm²×1m²

The master - N180,000
Rooms - N140,000 (each)

Total - N460,000.

The Master room will be Sliding while the other rooms will be Hinges
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 9:38pm On Jan 10, 2023
rmx:

By the way , someone I know just used polystyrene for a four story commercial building still under construction at ib . Visited and was surprised , much cheaper than pop , much faster installation . Not sure I took pix , might consider for future builds

Seconding this.

Someone told me just this past weekend that a lot of people who can't afford the time it takes and how it messes up their property go with polystyrene not POP.

That his boss who is a POP expert used polystyrene for his property.

But he then screeded it.

That if you were not told you would assume it was POP
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gentlesoul83(m): 9:48pm On Jan 10, 2023
joedguy:

Yes you can see, it depends depends on the type of door and frame you want and location. Like my side you can get a 4 inches frame for 5000 and a door of 11,000. That's less than 20k your budget.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Amosaloud(m): 11:00pm On Jan 10, 2023
rotecch77:

Reach out to us on
08066619493 call/ whatzap for more details

Thanks boss, I was just looking for a ball park figure for constructing something similar based on your experience. I want to relocate my two water tanks currently situated on the roof of my 1 storey property (duplex) following the discussions I read here. I understand that the tanks may affect my build with time. A stitch in time saves nine. I bought the property already built so had no say in where the tanks are currently situated. Having an idea will help me plan in the coming months.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by joedguy: 11:19pm On Jan 10, 2023
gabbytabby:
If on the mainland a manila or teal door and frame was 15k in October so I suspect you can get for 20k.

Thank u so much sir undecided undecided
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jabolo(m): 11:44pm On Jan 10, 2023
sethtsadopp:
Please what is the average cost of these stair rails. I got a quote of between 20 - 23k per meter for the ones I uploaded here, depending on design. Is it a fair price?

If it helps and for reference, got mine installed for 20k per meter, similar design ... but that was 5 years ago! .

Hope it is quoted for installation, not merely supply.

Good luck.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 3:32am On Jan 11, 2023
somehow:

You can get for between ₦12k and ₦15k but don't expect "diamonds-are-forever" miracle.

N12k for wooden door and frame? I must be operating in a different planet then. Since way my mama born me, I never see wooden door below N50k.

Abeg, you fit post picture?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gentlesoul83(m): 7:01am On Jan 11, 2023
diordaves:

N12k for wooden door and frame? I must be operating in a different planet then. Since way my mama born me, I never see wooden door below N50k.

Here is teak wooden door and frame. Frame 5k teak door 11k. Location ojodu berger lagos. See picture.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 7:04am On Jan 11, 2023
collab:
Good morning sir/ma,
please can someone give me an idea of how many square metres for this flat roof measurement 85ft by 25ft using long span Aluminium of 5.5 guage.
Thanks
Cc
money121

Good morning @collab

85ft x 25ft is 25.7m x 7.5m

192.75 square meters plus the 30meters parapet extension and eave angle, that is if u have a parapet.

If you don't have a parapet remember that 0.6meters extension, eave angle, bottom angle, facial cover, ceiling cladding. must be calculated.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by folmus: 7:47am On Jan 11, 2023
gentlesoul83:

Here is teak wooden door and frame. Frame 5k teak door 11k. Location ojodu berger lagos. See picture.

Where in Berger?
I need something like this.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sethtsadopp: 8:10am On Jan 11, 2023
jabolo:

If it helps and for reference, got mine installed for 20k per meter, similar design ... but that was 5 years ago! .

Hope it is quoted for installation, not merely supply.

Good luck.

He's charging N54,000 for transportation and installation but it's installation of both the rails and the 3 bathroom cubicles.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sethtsadopp: 8:12am On Jan 11, 2023
sethtsadopp:
Also I have 3 Bathroom Cubicles and I got the below quote and measurement. Please kindly help me access if it is ok.
Master bathroom -1.3m²×1.55m²

Room 1 - 800mm²×1.2m²
Room 2 - 900mm²×1m²

The master - N180,000
Rooms - N140,000 (each)

Total - N460,000.

The Master room will be Sliding while the other rooms will be Hinges

Please is the cubicle quote reasonable or on the high side?

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gabbytabby: 8:26am On Jan 11, 2023
Haa 50k ke grin them don take your head make paro my brother teak door and frame was 7.5k when I did the 2018 project.
diordaves:

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by collab: 8:32am On Jan 11, 2023
Thanks very much.

quote author=hslbroker2 post=119917948]

Good morning @collab

192.75 square meters plus the 30meters parapet extension and eave angle, that is if u have a parapet.

If you don't have a parapet remember that 0.6meters extension, eave angle, bottom angle, facial cover, ceiling cladding. must be calculated.[/quote]
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 8:56am On Jan 11, 2023
sethtsadopp:

Please is the cubicle quote reasonable or on the high side?

Working on getting you an alternative quote
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 9:02am On Jan 11, 2023
gabbytabby:
Haa 50k ke grin them don take your head make paro my brother teak door and frame was 7.5k when I did the 2018 project.

Like they did to me when I want to buy foreign wood.

I bought the wood and then cut it to the sizes I needed.

Then and only then was I told that if I had bought the actual sizes I wanted, I would have spent less.

That information came to my notice after I had bought the wood, paid for it to be caught to size, and paid for it to be transported.

It did not help that I came with a wood consultant, he never even suggested that to me. It was a seller that I did not end up buying from that told me this.

Maybe I also have some element of fault in that I could have told the sellers what I intended to do, maybe that information would have come out earlier.

Someone else detailed his experience at that place a while back https://www.instagram.com/p/CgmqRGRDRYy/
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by toyeoye(m): 9:10am On Jan 11, 2023
Aforxzy:
Can you show a building where your product is used.?

Here is a sample of finished polystyrene ceiling.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gentlesoul83(m): 9:23am On Jan 11, 2023
folmus:

Where in Berger?
I need something like this.

Olowora sawmill, Olowora junction. You can message on WhatsApp 08032339807
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gentlesoul83(m): 9:41am On Jan 11, 2023
Good morning everyone. Please patronise me for your woods and building materials.
Hardwood and whitewoods, doors, plywoods, bamboo, nails and many more.

My WhatsApp is open for you 08032339807. Location ojodu berger, lagos state.

Please help my business grow. Thanks.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by folmus: 9:53am On Jan 11, 2023
toyeoye:

Here

Are you the same person or you just giving us a sample?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 9:53am On Jan 11, 2023
collab:
Thanks very much.

[quote author=hslbroker2 post=119917948]

Good morning @collab

If you don't have a parapet remember that 0.6meters extension, eave angle, bottom angle, facial cover, ceiling cladding. must be calculated.

You are welcome
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by toyeoye(m): 9:54am On Jan 11, 2023
folmus:

Are you the same person or you just giving us a sample?

Sample of installed

(1) (2) (3) ... (3284) (3285) (3286) (3287) (3288) (3289) (3290) ... (3675) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.