Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,326 members, 7,829,828 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:17 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3289) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4430453 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3286) (3287) (3288) (3289) (3290) (3291) (3292) ... (3674) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jummymine(f): 5:54pm On Jan 11, 2023
Hello,please who is selling this door handle here?

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Valuepaints20(m): 6:00pm On Jan 11, 2023
Jummymine:

Nah paints me de sell sir.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redgem(f): 6:44pm On Jan 11, 2023
visaclick:
what's the point, you got the job already, client said he will connect with you. spoil another man's own to better yours so hope you are happy now. Maybe the bidder who dropped that quotation isn't on nairaland to even give reason why he needed those materials and he will be there wondering why client never got back to him. Smart one

What crime did he commit exactly? Why are you angry? So, he should sit back and watch them rip off the client when he can actually do a better job and save the client some funds for other projects. I am scared of people like you!

Why was this thread created in the first place? To help both artisans and clients, making things easy for both parties....so why attack him? What exactly was his crime?

15 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by praise010(m): 8:25pm On Jan 11, 2023
Please @Michilin, what's the likely cost of doing this rail per Square Meter?

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dapotemi: 9:09pm On Jan 11, 2023
Plsss o i need 6 twyford toilet and 6 kitchen wash hand basin..its a mini hostel so i need something basics ,nothing spectacular abeg ..site is in mowe.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sethtsadopp: 9:42pm On Jan 11, 2023
FEGEITOK:

I just got your quote, see picture below:

Thanks plenty sir. How can I get across to you (or him)?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Hezbola: 9:47pm On Jan 11, 2023
Please help, where can I get door handles, the long pull back type..
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 10:11pm On Jan 11, 2023
sethtsadopp:

Thanks plenty sir. How can I get across to you (or him)?

Client and Vendor have made contact. Number has been deleted
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nadingo: 10:24pm On Jan 11, 2023
Hezbola:
Please help, where can I get door handles, the long pull back type..
May be you should post a picture sample of what you mean.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by CDG1(m): 12:04am On Jan 12, 2023
grin

baaliyah:

Oga, you are spamming this thread with your advert. Can you imagine doing this hip of sands and stones twice on the same page. Ridiculous.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 12:15am On Jan 12, 2023
gentlesoul83:

Here is teak wooden door and frame. Frame 5k teak door 11k. Location ojodu berger lagos. See picture.

Got ya. It's good value for money but may not fit my purpose without further enhancement. But good to know. Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 12:25am On Jan 12, 2023
gabbytabby:
Haa 50k ke grin them don take your head make paro my brother teak door and frame was 7.5k when I did the 2018 project.

I didn't know that teak doors are available for cash and carry to be honest. I normally make mahogany doors or Sapele wood doors. The outcome can be anything from 50k. Getting hold of teak wood instead mahogany is something I'm now willing to explore going forward. Getting teak, weather dry it proper to prevent warping and then make to doors could turn out cost effective.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cash1115(m): 7:14am On Jan 12, 2023
First contract of 2023, thank you jesus

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gentlesoul83(m): 7:14am On Jan 12, 2023
diordaves:

I didn't know that teak doors are available for cash and carry to be honest. I normally make mahogany doors or Sapele wood doors. The outcome can be anything from 50k. Getting hold of teak wood instead mahogany is something I'm now willing to explore going forward. Getting teak, weather dry it proper to prevent warping and then make to doors could turn out cost effective.
For the mahogany door, is it with the frame and door with finishing you get for 50k? Or just door alone
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 7:21am On Jan 12, 2023
gentlesoul83:

For the mahogany door, is it with the frame and door with finishing you get for 50k? Or just door alone

Door
Frame
Architrave (skirting)
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by UC92: 7:26am On Jan 12, 2023
michlins:
you need just 3 lengths of channels. The quotation is way too much. What's the location of the job
Why not 4 lengths of channels?
Don't like cut and join on tank stands.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 7:28am On Jan 12, 2023
UC92:

Why not 4 lengths of channels?
Don't like cut and join on tank stands.
at four lengths and 25ft, you will have an excess of about 10ft on at least three lengths of the channels. What do you do with such waste?

Joining channels is never a problem, with good welding, it's as good as new.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by UC92: 7:32am On Jan 12, 2023
michlins:
at four lengths and 25ft, you will have an excess of about 10ft on at least three lengths of the channels. What do you do with such waste?

Joining channels is never a problem, with good welding, it's as good as new.
Prefer having full lengths of 37/38ft for increased pressure.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by visaclick: 7:34am On Jan 12, 2023
cash1115:
First contract of 2023, thank you jesus
nice one bro congratulations. I knew this year will be a better year when I got alert on first morning of January grin cheesy
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 7:39am On Jan 12, 2023
UC92:

Prefer having full lengths of 37/38ft for increased pressure.
as a country,we produce little or nothing but love waste way too much. A storey building is between 23-25ft excluding parapet but you will want to go all the way to 38ft. What is the need if not to waste the resources and put pressure on the available resources.

Anyways, it's all profits for the welder if you go all in.

Attached is the ideal height of tank stand in comparison to any building. If you observe, the bottom of the tank stand is higher than the walls and parapet which are the highest point of the house. The shower heads which are the highest point user of the water is lower than the bottom of the tank stand still. You will have all the pressure you need. Everything else is just a waste.

These things are pure physics. It's just that we think we can get more by doing more but it doesn't work like that

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dangoteinlaw: 7:48am On Jan 12, 2023
Nn
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 8:05am On Jan 12, 2023
hslbroker2:
Buy hardwood (2x2, 2x3, 2x4, 2x6, 3x4, 1x12) buy iron rod (8mm, 10mm, 12mm, 16mm, 20mm local and TMT) payment on delivery,thanks for your patronage,

God bless you all

Call or whatsapp 091-32123240.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Hezbola: 8:20am On Jan 12, 2023
Please where can I get this door handles and good door locks ..?

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 8:46am On Jan 12, 2023
michlins:
as a country,we produce little or nothing but love waste way too much. A storey building is between 23-25ft excluding parapet but you will want to go all the way to 38ft. What is the need if not to waste the resources and put pressure on the available resources.

Anyways, it's all profits for the welder if you go all in.

Attached is the ideal height of tank stand in comparison to any building. If you observe, the bottom of the tank stand is higher than the walls and parapet which are the highest point of the house. The shower heads which are the highest point user of the water is lower than the bottom of the tank stand still. You will have all the pressure you need. Everything else is just a waste.

These things are pure physics. It's just that we think we can get more by doing more but it doesn't work like that

Of course these things are pure physics.

Do you appreciate why public water towers are elevated so high? See attachments.

You will get pressure at 25ft like you said, but the pressure is optimal only when the tank is full. At half tank or lower half tank you experience significant pressure drop. In some situations, once you turn on the tap in the kitchen when someone are having their bath, you experience a drop in water pressure.

Experience has shown that the sure banker height for home use is at 40ft for duplex and four flats (storey building).

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 8:53am On Jan 12, 2023
diordaves:

Of course these things are pure physics.

Do you appreciate why public water towers are elevated so high? See attachments.

You will get pressure at 25ft like you said, but the pressure is optimal only when the tank is full. At half tank or lower half tank you experience significant pressure drop. In some situations, once you turn on the tap in the kitchen when someone are having their bath, you experience a drop in water pressure.

Experience has shown that the sure banker height for home use is at 40ft for duplex and four flats (storey building).
the reason why public waters are elevated is because they're not serving just a duplex. It's public water and there are instances where some houses are taller than 25ft and high as 50ft. You will not notice any drop in pressure until the last drop of water off your tank.

Going by your analogy,in instances where you have 4 storeys building,that means you will have to do 90ft tank stand since you want to double the height.

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ollykay619(m): 9:21am On Jan 12, 2023
Please house step tiles or long span
0.45. 050 or 0.55

Na kobo kobo project

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gentlesoul83(m): 9:49am On Jan 12, 2023
Jummymine:

Available for 5000
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by oduncojamaica(m): 10:28am On Jan 12, 2023
ollykay619:
0.45. 050 or 0.55

Na kobo kobo project

If you are going for step tile - minimum of 0.55
Long span - 0.45 is good

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by folmus: 10:47am On Jan 12, 2023
ollykay619:
0.45. 050 or 0.55

Na kobo kobo project

For Kobo Kobo, Long span is a sure banker!! The gauges are all good depending on your pocket.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Realestateonome: 11:03am On Jan 12, 2023
The new Lagos����

*INTRODUCING*
*COUNTRY VIEW ESTATE*

*NOW SELLING*
����������������������
We keep setting the pace in the quest of creating better communities.

We get you closer to enjoy more of life, and connect with people and nature; all in one space.

The Country view estate ticks all the boxes when you talk of serenity, tranquility, nature.

*LANDMARK*
- LASUED
- Yaba tech
- Vanguard Academy
- St Augustine University
- Michael otedola housing estate
- Epe toll gate
And many more .....

*Pre-launch price*: N1.5M
*Actual Price*: N2.5M
*Title:* CofO in progress *(FILE NO: IJO/SL/C50)*

*Live among the hills and valley... Live in Countryview*

For more information call or WhatsApp 08132160441
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Realestateonome: 11:04am On Jan 12, 2023
*THE WEALTHY ISLET*�️

*YOUR HOME. YOUR BEACH. YOUR SEA.*�

Away from the bustling crowds and fast-paced city, with a private and gated
entrance, you’ll find a simpler lifestyle while residing in a premium resort community, that provides unparalleled comfort.

The Wealthy Islet is a place to rediscover oneself. It is a place for the family to come home and be together. It is a place to unwind amidst endless tranquility when the sea is your playground.

Set on 10 hectares of beachfront property, The Wealthy Islet is a transformational project for MKH. It’s a new concept in luxury waterfront living with residential spaces designed to suit your highest standards.

*NEAREST LANDMARKS*
*Everything you need is just a short walk away!*

⛳Lakowe Lakes and Golf Resort
�Coscharis Motors
�Novare Mall
�Corona School
�Green Springs School

*LOCATION*
Eko-Akete, Abijo, Lagos.

*TITLE*
Certificate of Occupancy

*PRE-LAUNCH OFFER*
500Sqm - 25M
1000Sqm - 50M
*Initial Deposit - 3 Million naira*
*(ALL-INCLUSIVE)*

*OUTRIGHT PAYMENT PROMO PRICE*
*N23,750,000*

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Realestateonome: 11:07am On Jan 12, 2023
*FAIRMONT GREEN & SMART ESTATE*

How does it feel to live in a fully- optimized estate with everything done at the touch of a button?

Fairmont Green & Smart Estate boasts of a 100% wholly clean energy and sustainable environment in a friendly neighborhood

Do you often wonder how this will work?

Features include;
�Smart Infrastructure
�Smart Energy
�Solar Powered
�Renewable Technology
�Electric Vehicle-Car Charging Port
�Recreational Centre

Neighborhood
�Lagos State Rail Project
�Lekki Deep Sea Port
�Lekki Free Trade Zone
�Alaro City
�Dangote Refinery & Petrochemical Industry
�Pan Atlantic University
�Coscharis Group

Prices Include;
500sqms: 18M(Outright)
300 sqms:11M(Outright)
Installment: Up to 24 Months plan

Title: Government Allocated C of O

Other charges:
Corner piece:800k
Commercial: Additional 2.5m
Survey-500k
Legal documentation-250k
Developmental fee-5,000 per sqm

Won’t you rather invest in this fast paced eco-friendly environment?

For more information: 08132160441

(1) (2) (3) ... (3286) (3287) (3288) (3289) (3290) (3291) (3292) ... (3674) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: fabulous85, Rany4all(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.