Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,025 members, 7,818,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:30 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3294) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4393345 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3291) (3292) (3293) (3294) (3295) (3296) (3297) ... (3668) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 3:19am On Jan 15, 2023
anyilalaz:
Experts in the house, happy new year. Please can 6 inches blocks be use for 1 storey building and what will be the minimum dimensions and spacing for columns using 16mm rod. Thanks
I used 6 inches solid for mine on the ground floor and 6 inches hollow on the top flow. very solid however its on solid land.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rany4all(m): 5:13am On Jan 15, 2023
sonnie10:

The actual job done include overlaps not just plain area
Actual area covered is the benchmark Sir. Nothing else matters. Good morning.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by christ007(m): 6:06am On Jan 15, 2023
Hezbola:
how much per SQM

Our price varies base on region and state. SOUTH SOUTH= #8500 Per sqm,

SUUTH EAST(Ebonyi state excluded)= #8,300,

SOUTH WEST= #8,000

NORTH = #8,000 Pay sqm

Pls the reason for the price difference in location is as a result of price in materials in these regions

IMPORTED MATERIALS + LABOUR= #4,500 per sqm

LABOUR ONLY= #2,000.00 per sqm

This means if we provide all the materials(both local and foreign imported materials) we charge #8,000.00. or #8,500 per square meter, depending on location.

If you provide all the materials(both local and imported materials ) we charge= #2000.00 per square mete

MATERIALS NEEDED FOR STAMPED CONCRETE INSTALLATION

LOCAL MATERIALS
(1)Portland cement=
(2)Granite stone(chippings)
(3)Sand
(4)8mm iron rods or iron mesh
(5)Sqaure pipe(ranging irons)
(6)Binding wire
(7)Hydrochloric acid(optional)
(coolDiamond cutting disc/blade
(9)Concrete mixer
(10)black nylon/waterproof​

FOREIGN /IMPORTED MATERIALS
(1)Original colour hardener
(2)Original acrylic sealer
(3)Antic release​ agent.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 6:41am On Jan 15, 2023
Rany4all:
This is exactly what went down:

Before I engaged the installer, I hired a Quantity Surveyor on this forum to do the roofing estimate for me (installer did not know this). The QS estimate for the actual area to be covered was 478sqm, but with 25% addition (making 598sqm) to account for wastes.

Now wood work for the roof was done exactly as designed on the architectural drawings (no addition or subtraction) and the final cost of the wood work was very close to the QS estimate as well.

After wood work, I engaged the installer and we agreed 200/sqm as installation fee. He took his measurements, did his calculations and came up with an area of 354sqm to be covered.

Now considering the significant difference between the figures from QS and installer, I decided to go with the installer's figure so as not to incur a huge loss, in case the QS figure was wrong. So I added 25% to installer's estimate and ordered 443sqm, which was made known to installer.

So he did 443sqm initially, and it covered only about 3 quarters of the roof. Installer then calculated the remaining uncovered area, and came up with an additional 150sqm to complete the job. This time though I decided to ignore installer's calculation and went with the original estimate from the QS and got an additional 155sqm to make a total of 598sqm.

The roof was eventually covered with a total of 596sqm, which is in line with the QS estimate.

Now, the installer is insisting his installation fee is 200 × 598 (not even 596 that did the job), while I'm insisting I will only pay for area of roof installed (excluding off-cuts), which should be like 200 × 478 (going by the estimate from QS).

I have told the installer, if he doubts the estimated area from the QS, he can repeat his measurements and calculations, but the guy is saying it will never be the same as that of the QS, that I must pay according to the total area of sheets bought.

Nor be small argument for site today o. We almost came to blows grin

some artisans usually do this. They will quote very low to lure you in and once you're in, they will start asking for B and C. By then, you either forge on or abandon your project.

Classical fraud case which clients usually fall for

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 7:04am On Jan 15, 2023
We are available

Pop & wall screeding.

07088534661 Whatsapp

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by anyilalaz: 7:19am On Jan 15, 2023
erico2k2:

I used 6 inches solid for mine on the ground floor and 6 inches hollow on the top flow. very solid however its on solid land.

Thanks for your insight. Pls what was the column size
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Tiztonio(m): 7:57am On Jan 15, 2023
Greeting all. Please is this quotation good for sliding window of a four flat apartment?

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 8:29am On Jan 15, 2023
Rany4all:
Actual area covered is the benchmark Sir. Nothing else matters. Good morning.

So far, the ones we have used go by actual quantity of roofing sheet used (Not L x B of a plain surface area). This is the receipt of the last one I paid for. Good luck with your project

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Iriruaga100(m): 8:44am On Jan 15, 2023
gbengress1:
Don't get you

Go check the price of what is on the list yourself or you buy the materials yourself.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbengress1: 8:45am On Jan 15, 2023
Please help guys
gbengress1:
Good evening guys, I got the quote below for soak away construction for a 5 bed room duplex, the location is ajah Lagos.

Carpenter (labour) 55,000.00
ii Iron bender (labour) 50,000.00
iii Casting (labour) 85,000.00
iv Plastering (Labour) 40,000.00
v Labour (Sinking & sealing) 150,000.00
Materials
Granite 20 tons 180,000.00
Sharp sand 1 trip 85,000.00
3'' nails 1 bag 16,000.00
10mm iron rod 50 lengths 180,000.00
Binding wire 1 roll 16,000.00
Cement 33 bag 4,400.00 145,200.00
Nylon 1 roll 5,000.00 5,000.00
Waterproof cement 1 carton 12,000.00
Plaster sand. 80,000.00

Total. 1,099,200.00

Please help me review if this quote is not too outrageous
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rany4all(m): 8:46am On Jan 15, 2023
sonnie10:

So far, the ones we have used go by actual quantity of roofing sheet used (Not L x B of a plain surface area). This is the receipt of the last one I paid for. Good luck with your project
I have no problem with that Sir, as long as that was the agreement before the job was awarded. Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 10:14am On Jan 15, 2023
Watch the real life video of this project here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVkAuvSCj08

What makes us unique is the system we use to design and deliver project to precision.

See Design vs Construction

Follow the thread to see how this project was built from foundation to the stage you are seeing it.

https://www.nairaland.com/6866242/luxury-construction-7-bedroom-smart

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 10:27am On Jan 15, 2023
anyilalaz:

Thanks for your insight. Pls what was the column size
its 6 inches square but U should do urs 6inches along the block and 9 inches wide.I was told by a reliable Engineer on here that was the right way.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by CDG1(m): 10:32am On Jan 15, 2023
Let's give you the best granites and sharp sand deals today

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by nex(m): 11:19am On Jan 15, 2023
Hey my brother, how have you been? We traded a TV back in 2017. Good to see you're still buying and shipping, and it seems like you're doing great.

toluxa1:
Sorry to ask an off topic question here. Please I have some LiFePO4 Solar Batteries with a friend in Lekki, beside VGC which I need to pickup from Lekki and transport to Abuja. I would assume Haulage will be the cheapest option to send to Abuja but getting it picked up from Lekki to the Haulage or transport company at an affordable rate is what I need help with. Does anyone know or have info on who can help get it done at reasonably rate. It's 4 Boxes and each box weighs about 100KG.

Cc money121 topsy23 @all
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 11:22am On Jan 15, 2023
Distilled water 1 Litre by 12 Dozen Packs now available!!!

Distilled water 1L dozen packs
Price : N6,500
Promo slash : N6,000

*Distilled H2O Analysis:
*TDS = 0 - 0007 ppm
*PH = 6.8 - 7.0

*APPLICATIONS:
Smartcell distilled water is free of toxins, microbes , pollutants and can be used for:

-Tubular battery periodic top up
- Skin care formulation
- Steam Iron
- Soap making
- Hand sanitizer production
- Cleaning services
- Laboratory
- Automotive radiator Cooling Systems
- Continuous positive airway pressure machines

We're open for dealership discussions. Feel free to reach us via contact details below

*Warehouse Location: Abule-egba , Lagos but can be dispatched to any state on buyers expense.

For further enquiry & purchase;
Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL LINE: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: http://.us/w/?c=a46ea5

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 11:33am On Jan 15, 2023
twinskenny:
Location ibadan

Unwanted visitor caught in the web…

When electric fence is done right you are save both from reptiles or human encroachment….

Video on my WhatsApp status

Do you still want barb wire or electric fence?

Good stuff✓
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 11:47am On Jan 15, 2023
ehay:
I want to fix a sliding window in my house; but I am confused about using a sliding net or a permanent net. Pls if money is not an issue, which of them does a better job of protecting against insects.

Do a permanent net, then have a sliding window behind it, for ventilation purpose. ✓

A sliding net, in the process of opening & closing, insects can get inside.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 11:51am On Jan 15, 2023
CONTACT US NOW!

Why go for some 200a deep cycle batteries 190k to 300k upwards when you can get our 160a lithium batteries at reasonable prices??

Case study scenario:
48v system design with Deka 200a is approximately 950k to 1m . You end up playing safe with cycles around 50% depth of discharge , total weight etc . You end up not enjoying UpTo desired 9.6kwh , yet a year warranty grace incase of premature failure .

Whilst same design with 160a or 200a as seen below will give you maximum efficiency output under 3yrs warranty and can Outlast 6 yrs + :

True capacity & Prices:
Yohako 48v 10kwh N1,400,000
Yohako 48v 8.192KWH ... Expecting stock
Yohako 24v 4.096KWH ... Expecting stock

YOHAKO INVERTER IN STOCK!
7.5kva 48v ..... 500k
10kva 48v ...... 600k

Advantages Of YOHAKO Lithium Battery:

High quality aluminium magnesium alloy, anti-corrosion, substantial, durable, artistic, practical.

All in one mould design and production, easy to install.

With longer span life. LiFePO4 battery, over 12 years lifespan.

Dustproof structure design, DC output, safe and reliable.

Integrated packaging, safe and convenient to transport.

Characteristics of YOHAKO lithium battery:

Volume: The capacity of LiFePO4 battery is bigger than lead- acid cell, with the same volume, it is double of Lead-acid battery.

Weight: LiFePO4 is light. The weight is just 1/3 of lead-acid cell with the same capacity.

Discharge rate: LiFePO4 battery can discharge with maximum current , it is used in electric vehicles and electric bicycles.

No memory effect: No matter the LiFePO4 Battery is in which conditions, it can be charged and discharged whenever you like, no need to discharge totally then charge for it.

Durability: The durability of LiFePO4 Battery is powerful and consumption is slow. The time of charging and discharging is more than 2000times. After 2000times circulation, the capacity of the battery is still more than 80%.

Security: LiFePO4 battery passed the strict safety testing, with higher safety performance.

Environmental protection: Lithium materials not have any poisonous and harmful substance. It is regarded as green and environmental protection battery. The battery has no any pollution no matter in the process of production or in the process of using.

Well graded and combination. After multi-selection, to ensure each cell qualified with long life;

The connection tech of all interface, be safe and durable, with simple maintenance.

Multi-layer protection structure, shockproof, anti explosion and fire.

Safe and durable for long run.

Security and reliability,compared with lead-acid battery, the materials of LiFe PO4 is the securest, the best choice of solar energy storage battery.

Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: http://.us/w/?c=a46ea5

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 12:02pm On Jan 15, 2023
Rany4all:
Blocks also come in fixed shape and sizes, but only laid pcs are paid for as long the agreement is per block. Whatever project you are doing, as long as the payment terms is per square meter, it doesn't matter how much materials eventually does the work or how much wastes. The payment remains per square meter of area done. Same goes for tiling, POP, wall cladding, etc, etc.

Talking about the bolded, it's an interior designer project, let's Transform your space, when you get to that stage Sir.

Godspeed on your Project Sir.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrickDevo: 12:04pm On Jan 15, 2023
Reeefe:

is this ur project or ?
Yes i designed it for a client
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrickDevo: 12:18pm On Jan 15, 2023
Tataffo:
Pls I Need the services of a trusted inhouse architect,someone the house can vouch for
Contact brickstakk@gmail.com for quality services
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Heymus(m): 12:50pm On Jan 15, 2023
Tataffo:
Pls I Need the services of a trusted inhouse architect,someone the house can vouch for
Good day to you sir/ma, kindly talk to me on 08036879623, or olaniyan_amos@yahoo.com.

Most of the constructions I posted are for Nairalanders.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ehay(f): 1:55pm On Jan 15, 2023
[color=#006600][/color]
hamtabfawaz:

Do a permanent net, then have a sliding window behind it, for ventilation purpose. ✓

A sliding net, in the process of opening & closing, insects can get inside.

Thanks a lot.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by joedguy: 2:18pm On Jan 15, 2023
gbengress1:
Please help guys
What is d size or dimension of the soakaway
IS IT 10 BY 10 BY 10. SOMETHING LIKE THAT

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gentlesoul83(m): 3:10pm On Jan 15, 2023
gbengress1:
Good evening guys, I got the quote below for soak away construction for a 5 bed room duplex, the location is ajah Lagos.

Carpenter (labour) 55,000.00
ii Iron bender (labour) 50,000.00
iii Casting (labour) 85,000.00
iv Plastering (Labour) 40,000.00
v Labour (Sinking & sealing) 150,000.00
Materials
Granite 20 tons 180,000.00
Sharp sand 1 trip 85,000.00
3'' nails 1 bag 16,000.00
10mm iron rod 50 lengths 180,000.00
Binding wire 1 roll 16,000.00
Cement 33 bag 4,400.00 145,200.00
Nylon 1 roll 5,000.00 5,000.00
Waterproof cement 1 carton 12,000.00
Plaster sand. 80,000.00

Total. 1,099,200.00

Please help me review if this quote is not too outrageous

I can help for the price of some of the materials because that's what I sell.
Binding wire is 11,000 not 16,000
Nylon roll is 3500 (30 yrds) not 5000
Nails is 11,000 per bag not 16,000

Note location is ojodu berger lagos.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Akerewe(m): 5:53pm On Jan 15, 2023
erico2k2:

How possible, 6" unch blocks for a storey building? Am learning new things here oh Lord. Pls the op should walk me tru the process
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Akerewe(m): 5:53pm On Jan 15, 2023
erico2k2:

How possible, 6" inch blocks for a storey building? Am learning new things here oh Lord. Pls the op should walk me tru the process
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by decatalyst(m): 7:14pm On Jan 15, 2023
twinskenny:

Most time barb wire don’t last due to rust… go for electric fence if you have the budget…

I do 4k per meter as the moment.

18hrs battery backup attached.

Thank you and good morning

Hello.

Please how much would be enough to do a one plot of land fence.

Please give breakdown...

Cost of materials
Labor and total installation day.

Location is Ibadan.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by toluxa1(m): 7:15pm On Jan 15, 2023
nex:
Hey my brother, how have you been? We traded a TV back in 2017. Good to see you're still buying and shipping, and it seems like you're doing great.

Hey bro! That's very correct. Hope you're doing great. Here is me driving home after picking it up back then. I used it for like 3 years and sold it for nearly the same price I got it from you. Was a solid TV. Nice to connect again.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 8:59pm On Jan 15, 2023
decatalyst:

Hello.

Please how much would be enough to do a one plot of land fence.

Please give breakdown...

Cost of materials
Labor and total installation day.

Location is Ibadan.

4k per meter materials inclusive
thank you
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 9:07pm On Jan 15, 2023
Akerewe:

How possible, 6" inch blocks for a storey building? Am learning new things here oh Lord. Pls the op should walk me tru the process
6 inches Solid

(1) (2) (3) ... (3291) (3292) (3293) (3294) (3295) (3296) (3297) ... (3668) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.