Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,147 members, 7,835,836 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:54 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3398) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4443614 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3395) (3396) (3397) (3398) (3399) (3400) (3401) ... (3678) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 11:15pm On May 22, 2023
Rany4all:
Ahhh, in that case, varnishing is ruled out for me o.

What if the door is initially coated with only red oxide paint before installation, and then the final matte black coating is done after tiling OR the matte black coated door is taped off with nylon/paper before doing any mortar job?
You may try both options.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rany4all(m): 5:00am On May 23, 2023
gbadexy:

You may try both options.
Alright, thanks!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 9:05am On May 23, 2023
Rany4all:
Alright, thanks!
You're welcome sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Ndyoo(m): 10:38am On May 23, 2023
I need someone who has a link to chippings supply. Preferably someone getting it from quarry in Ebonyi state (Abakiliki) to the south east (Onitsha).

Thanks in advance for the suggestions.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by SALLYBERRY01(m): 10:50am On May 23, 2023
Dear builders and home owners , hear me out ☺️

Good morning everyone here on Nairaland, this is after the installation of day and Night window blind by Atlantic interior and exterior designs.

Instagram: designsbyAtlantic

Enhance your home with stylish window blinds from interior and exterior designs.
Thousands of samples of window blinds and we have the style you will love.

*Durable
*Exepctional Quality
*Easy to clean
*Cost effective
*Reveal whole layout and decoration style.
*Fast delivery and installation

Contact us to explore the wide variety of fabrics, textures, styles and colors for your home.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nosa111(m): 10:51am On May 23, 2023
Good morning esteem Engineers. Please I have a very quick question. Please how much will it cost to build a 3bedroom and a 1 bedroom apartment? I have done all the building processes to roofing level.

From roofing to the finishing, what can be the rough estimate? because I don’t know the prices of materials presently in Nigeria.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Reeefe(m): 12:42pm On May 23, 2023
Reeefe:
Hello house good day, the concrete facial board (parapet) has two type, the one that is casted with concrete and the one that is casted on the ground and hanged . which would be best for a down house?

does anyone know which is best for a down house? between the hanging parapet and tge casted one? please enlighten me
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 1:26pm On May 23, 2023
Reeefe:

does anyone know which is best for a down house? between the hanging parapet and tge casted one? please enlighten me

Down house?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Reeefe(m): 1:40pm On May 23, 2023
FEGEITOK:

Down house?

yes! that's a bungalow
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Whitehorse: 2:01pm On May 23, 2023
All I can say is "wahala, wahala, wahala!!!"

somehow:
Yes or No?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 3:34pm On May 23, 2023
Low budget or high budget gate, I dey here for you

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by emynike2001(m): 4:09pm On May 23, 2023
emynike2001:
*BRIEF ON PRECIOUS PEACE ESTATE PHASE 2 IMOTA, IKORODU*

*INTRO*📽️
Welcome to the widely acclaimed *Precious Peace Estate Phase 2 Imota, Ikorodu*. The 2nd highly successful installment of the Ikorodu Precious Peace Series. This fantastic BUY & BUILD NOW Estate offers its investors that rare blend of *Affordability, Value & Good ROI (Good Returns on Investment).*

*LOCATION*🌍
Precious Peace Estate Phase 2 Imota js located specifically within *Emuren Community* . Strategically well placed directly behind *CALEB UNIVERSITY*

*NEIGHBORHOOD* 🏛️
👉 CALEB UNIVERSITY
👉 LAGOS STATE RICE MILL

*SITE INSPECTIONS*🚐
Fridays & Saturdays Weekly.

*TITLE* 📂
FREE HOLD
(Free from all forms of Government Encumbrance).
N:B Registered Survey in Process

*PROMO PRICING*🛍
300sqm - N1,440,000
500sqm - N2m
Commercial plots available

*PROMO*🎁
20% Democracy Flash Sales Promo

*PAYMENT PLAN*📊
Flexible installment plan of up to 6months (no additional interest.

*PROPOSED INFRASTRUCTURE*🛠️
Central Water System
24/7 Security
Road Connectivity
Proper Drainage System
Electricity
Estate Office
Commercial Amenities

*CAVEATS*🗒️🗒️
- Physical allocation upon completion of full payment (Land, Documentation & Development levy)
- 2 Year Window for development/fencing after physical allocation.

☎️ for more details, payment & required information as well as FREE site inspection bookings, kindly contact Mr Emmanuel on +2348038781738

Come and see what you are buying ooo. Its free site inspection
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Aforxzy(f): 6:15pm On May 23, 2023
Whether it's a bungalow or a storey buildings, I
prefer the in situ casting of concrete facial to the precast option because it is monolithic , stronger and continuous. However the precast is cheaper and faster to install.

Reeefe:
Hello house good day, the concrete facial board (parapet) has two type, the one that is casted with concrete and the one that is casted on the ground and hanged . which would be best for a down house?

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by emynike2001(m): 7:08pm On May 23, 2023
INTRODUCTION:

*GOLDMINE ESTATE, KETU EPE*

If you are craving for peace, privacy and tranquility then owning a land at Goldmine Estate is just the ticket to enjoying the incredible lifestyle that you desire; that is why we at Salescraft Group went far in search for the best of the best location.

*Introducing to you GOLDMINE ESTATE, Ketu Epe.*

*Topography: 100% Dry land*
*Title: FREEHOLD*

*SIZE AND INTRODUCTORY PRICES*
300SQM - N1.5m
500SQM - N2m

20% PROMO DISCOUNT
Buy 300sqm now for N1.2m
500sqm for N1.6m

*OTHER CHARGES*
Documentation And
Development Fees

LANDMARKS ACCESSIBILITIES
* Alaro City
* Augustine University
* Epe Resort and Spa
•Ministry of Agriculture (Lagos State Government)
•Government Model College, Ketu-Epe
•Nigeria Police Station
Etc
* Dukia Africa

ESTATE FEATURES
•Fantastic Road Network
•Good Drainage
•Bright and Stable Streetlights
•Gated Environ
•Electricity
•Security
•Perimeter Fence

Hurry up while this offer lasts. The Estate every smart Investor like you should own.

For further Enquiries/Site Inspection and Payment details Call/WhatsApp Mr Emmanuel on +2348038781738.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 10:15pm On May 23, 2023
Can any architect here help with designs of a school altar with a podium?

The one used for assembly ground in secondary schools?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Reeefe(m): 10:50pm On May 23, 2023
Aforxzy:
Whether it's a bungalow or a storey buildings, I
prefer the in situ casting of concrete facial to the precast option because it is monolithic , stronger and continuous. However the precast is cheaper and faster to install.

but I think the precast is smoother. please when u say monolithic what do u mean?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ZIKEYBOY11: 11:07pm On May 23, 2023
Please what's the average cost of screeding per sqm now?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 2:19am On May 24, 2023
Your quality tiles here with affordable price

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by folmus: 6:09am On May 24, 2023
somehow:
Can any architect here help with designs of a school altar with a podium?

The one used for assembly ground in secondary schools?

The OAK group guy.
@Uncleeth can be useful here.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 6:30am On May 24, 2023
ZIKEYBOY11:
Please what's the average cost of screeding per sqm now?

1k per sqm good screeding…

Can be a bit lesser depends on volume

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cash1115(m): 6:31am On May 24, 2023
We give our best to satisfy our clients. Your job is100%safe with us

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 8:52am On May 24, 2023
@Visaclick

Sorry I do not have access to the email this username was registered with.

Kindly drop your contact details.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by visaclick: 9:03am On May 24, 2023
somehow:
@Visaclick

Sorry I do not have access to the email this username was registered with.

Kindly drop your contact details.
email me bestthings815 at g mail dot come
Or WhatsApp me via my profile number.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GVTAsiwaju(m): 9:06am On May 24, 2023
We are one of the best manufacturer of construction chemicals in west Africa; waterproofing admixtures and membrane, concrete admixtures, structural grout, tile adhesives/grout/cleaner, concrete sealer, insulator and what have view....

Are you experiencing active leakage?
Dampness of walls base on condensation, penetration or rising?
Want to waterproof your roof slab, gutter?

Call us: 08186542205
Costarchem.ng

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 9:22am On May 24, 2023
Back on this project in awka Anambra state

Setting up a few things

1 starlink internet
2 cctv ip cameras
3 video door bell
4 motion sensor

08051355133 WhatsApp

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 11:38am On May 24, 2023
visaclick:
email me bestthings815 at g mail dot come
Or WhatsApp me via my profile number.

Is there anything I should know you want to contact me on before hand?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessedsunny2(m): 12:07pm On May 24, 2023
Blessed Sam building materials enterprise

1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by CDG1(m): 12:39pm On May 24, 2023
Looking for high-quality granite chippings for your next project? Look no further than our granite chippings supply business! 

Our granite chippings are sourced directly from top-quality quarries, ensuring that you get the best quality product for your money.
Whether for personal use or commercial project, we have you covered.

We offer a wide range of granite chippings in various sizes, so you can choose the perfect option for your project. Our team of experts is always on hand to provide advice and guidance, ensuring that you get the best product for your needs.

But don't just take our word for it - our satisfied customers can attest to the quality of our products and service. We pride ourselves on our excellent customer service and fast delivery times, so you can get your project started without delay.

So why wait? Contact us today to place your order and experience the best in granite chippings supply. 
Get in touch with us today and let us provide you with the high-quality granite chippings you need for your next project!

07026691840 Or 08126254470

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Ebukamatth(m): 1:11pm On May 24, 2023
Remember
The beauty of your house is electricity. Contact us for your house wiring
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EbunFromKole: 3:19pm On May 24, 2023
Construction in Nigeria has its challenges. Take the story of Adebayo Hassan, for example.

He had a dream of building his own home, saved money for years, and finally had enough to make his dream a reality. Excited to begin the project, he quickly hired a team of builders.
However, things didn't go as smoothly as he had hoped. The builders he had hired were inexperienced and often made mistakes, causing delays and additional expenses. Adebayo also realized that he needed to pay more attention to the number of materials and labour needed for the project, leading to a shortage of resources.
Despite these setbacks, Adebayo refused to give up on his dream. He decided to take matters into his own hands and became more involved in construction. He researched and learned about the best building practices, project planning, and management. He also hired a more experienced and qualified team of builders.
With his newfound knowledge and a better team of builders, Adebayo overcame all the challenges. He managed the project more efficiently and effectively, ensuring there were no more delays or mistakes. His dream home was finally taking shape, and it was even better than he had imagined!

As Adebayo stood in front of his completed home, he felt a sense of pride and accomplishment. He knew that it was his hard work and determination that had made his dream a reality.
His friends noticed how great his new building was and asked him for advice on building their dream homes.
Adebayo was happy to share his experience and knowledge with others. He became the go-to man for construction advice, sharing how to sort for high-quality materials and the fastest/most efficient ways to get projects done in the country.
Adebayo's journey was not easy, but it taught him the importance of planning, management, and perseverance.

Will you like to know some of these tips and read more stories like this?
Join the Kole tribe to gain access to exclusive construction content, expert advice, and a supportive network of like-minded individuals in construction. Whether you're a seasoned professional or just starting, the Kole community has everything you need to thrive and stay updated.

Click this link to join now! https:///thekoletribe
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Aforxzy(f): 4:26pm On May 24, 2023
By Monolithic I mean the roof beam and fascial are one unit well bonded and strongly held together since they are cast together at the same time.

On apperance, the precast like you said is smoother because of the mould and the fine aggregates that are used for the casting. However rendering can make the insitu fascia fine as well.

Reeefe:

but I think the precast is smoother. please when u say monolithic what do u mean?

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (3395) (3396) (3397) (3398) (3399) (3400) (3401) ... (3678) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: rotecch77(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.