Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,719 members, 7,831,295 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:40 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3395) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4433504 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3392) (3393) (3394) (3395) (3396) (3397) (3398) ... (3675) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 6:18pm On May 17, 2023
BrickDevo:
Kitchen interior design | šŸ“ Lekki
With built in, side by side fridge, oven and microwave
lovely
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Procarpenter: 6:25pm On May 17, 2023
Contact me for your professional roofing carpenter and I install all kind of roofing sheet installation,I work worldwide and my price is affordable with good and reliable quality your wish is our command kindly contact me through my signature below you can also check my profile to see all my recent work we have done... call or WhatsApp

1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 6:47pm On May 17, 2023
Evening All,

Happy New Year wink

If you're a follower of my thread and tutorial.... be my guest as I take on Part 4 of the Building Estimate.

Thank You as you link up >> https://www.nairaland.com/7690775/diy-practical-class-estimating-comfortable#123197360

(my 'friend' that has been stealing my thread and posting it on his blog and claiming ownership, you're invited too)

The day I decide to sue - I go become billionaire that day. lol cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrickDevo: 7:28pm On May 17, 2023
Olumighty123:

Are those wooden tiles on the floor?
Yes, cheaper when you use ceramic tiles with similar wood surface finish.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrickDevo: 7:31pm On May 17, 2023
twinskenny:
lovely
Thanks boss, i am still open for professional interior design, renderings and walk through.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrickDevo: 7:32pm On May 17, 2023
PrimeQuay:

Very clean design.

Kudos
Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 7:02am On May 18, 2023
[quote author=Abbeyb1ack post=123192071][/quote] with this, can I have my individual prepaid meter and how do I recharge it. More also, how much does it sell for
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 44chux(m): 8:55am On May 18, 2023
jelloh:
I'm in the process of working with my architect to design a simple 4 bedroom bungalow and I need the inputs of the esteemed members of this community. I want to have an open plan living area that combines the living and dining rooms and the kitchen, and I don't want there to be any pillars. This living area will be 32ft long by 28ft wide

My architect is insisting that there must be at least one row of pillars in the middle as well as along the perimeter walls to make up for the reduced walls. I'm fine with pillars in the perimeter walls since they will be hidden but I don't want any pillars in my living room. So what are the most structurally sound and economical options?

So far we have these choices
1. Use thicker roof joists and have a normal wood frame roof
2. Use concrete beams to span the width of the house and mount a normal wood frame roof
3. Use a steel frame roof

Please can you advise me on the best option and what dimensions to use. Thanks a lot in advance. Below is the sketch I gave my architect

Option 1: Sages over time with aging. Water damage from leaking roof accelerates this. But still takes decades to notice
Option 2: When done correctly with sufficient stirrups, is the best.
Option 3: Very popular with places of worship and event centers. But requires routine inspection and painting for corrosion management
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 11:14am On May 18, 2023
saydfact:
Evening All,

Happy New Year wink

If you're a follower of my thread and tutorial.... be my guest as I take on Part 4 of the Building Estimate.

Thank You as you link up >> https://www.nairaland.com/7690775/diy-practical-class-estimating-comfortable#123197360

(my 'friend' that has been stealing my thread and posting it on his blog and claiming ownership, you're invited too)

The day I decide to sue - I go become billionaire that day. lol cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

Thank you for belonging to the association of engineers that talk too much.

You have a place in our hearts and minds and also in our pockets.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 11:20am On May 18, 2023
Progress

6 units
Lekki lagos

Pop & wall screeding

Note the way we used enough filas to hold under the deck designs! To avoid story that touches the heartā€¦

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abbeyb1ack: 3:19pm On May 18, 2023
michlins:
with this, can I have my individual prepaid meter and how do I recharge it. More also, how much does it sell for

You don't recharge on it...it only shows the kwh that is been consumed by ur own flat

A single prepaid meter is bįŗ¹įŗ¹n used by 3 flat
But each flat has a watt-hour-meter dey use
If we bought 150 unit total into the prepaid
I.e each flat must not used more than 50 unit each
So after everywhr 50unit the watt hour calculate...u have to purchase another 50unit to the prepaid

I was charged 20k with fixing
It might be cheaper than that sha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 3:30pm On May 18, 2023
Abbeyb1ack:

You don't recharge on it...it only shows the kwh that is been consumed by ur own flat

A single prepaid meter is bįŗ¹įŗ¹n used by 3 flat
But each flat has a watt-hour-meter dey use
If we bought 150 unit total into the prepaid
I.e each flat must not used more than 50 unit each
So after everywhr 50unit the watt hour calculate...u have to purchase another 50unit to the prepaid

I was charged 20k with fixing
It might be cheaper than that sha
what happens when someone uses more than they paid for, will it shut off the current
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kkonsults: 5:33pm On May 18, 2023
kkonsults:
Contact us for your Architectural Designs
O8I698979I5

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abbeyb1ack: 5:43pm On May 18, 2023
michlins:
what happens when someone uses more than they paid for, will it shut off the current

No it wont sir

This meter is just to know the specific unit u are consuming from the original prepaid meter
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Olumighty123(m): 7:11pm On May 18, 2023
Abbeyb1ack:

No it wont sir

This meter is just to know the specific unit u are consuming from the original prepaid meter

To know if the prepaid is working at a normal tariff I guess?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by incogni2o: 7:27pm On May 18, 2023
[quote author=Abbeyb1ack post=123192071][/quote]

Please where can I get this?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Johntemmy(m): 7:42am On May 19, 2023
Good morning. I'm available for your roofing woods,linted, decking and woods for any other construction purpose. etc. All at cheaper cost..call or WhatsApp me now.07060795767.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Whitehorse: 8:08am On May 19, 2023
Where are you based?

BrickDevo:

Thanks boss, i am still open for professional interior design, renderings and walk through.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrickDevo: 8:59am On May 19, 2023
Whitehorse:
Where are you based?

Lagos Island
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessedsunny2(m): 12:53pm On May 19, 2023
Still your blessed sunny global investment home of building materials and also blessed Sam building materials enterprises,
(tiles)

1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by CDG1(m): 1:56pm On May 19, 2023
Looking for high-quality granite chippings for your next project in Lagos, Abeokuta or Ijebu Ode ?
Our granite chippings are durable and visually appealing.
They come in a range of sizes,making them ideal for driveways, pathways, gardens, concrete and more.

We pride ourselves on providing the highest quality granite chippings at competitive prices.

Our experienced drivers are dedicated to providing excellent customer service and ensuring your order is delivered on time and to your exact specifications.

Contact us today to order your top-quality granite chippings. Let us help you make your project a success!Ā 
07026691840 or 08126254470

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DrAkpamudehe: 3:28pm On May 19, 2023
bolu1986:
Progress

6 units
Lekki lagos

Pop & wall screeding

Note the way we used enough filas to hold under the deck designs! To avoid story that touches the heartā€¦

Are those 2 bedroom units?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by makjo900: 4:21pm On May 19, 2023
Hello sirs,

I'm caught up in between buying Turkey doors and building door locally using hardwood for external/security purpose. Please i need your help urgently, if it's Turkey which ones should i go for and if it's hardwood which woods are the best.

Pls which move is the best to make? The doors has to be reliable, strong and good finishing. Which ones would stand the test of time under the rain and in the sun?

I've discussed with some, one of them said he uses Iroko but his finishing isn't superb, another one said he uses Appa with good finishing but his price is very high whilst the last one wasn't direct(he didn't specify any wood in particular) but good finishing and high price.

Please your help is greatly needed
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Born2conquer: 5:36pm On May 19, 2023
BrickDevo:
Your best plug for interior design
Modern contemporary
Chief, like how much to achieve this?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrickDevo: 5:43pm On May 19, 2023
Born2conquer:

Chief, like how much to achieve this?
Just the cabinets or along with the electronics?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 6:07pm On May 19, 2023
makjo900:

Hello sirs,

I'm caught up in between buying Turkey doors and building door locally using hardwood for external/security purpose. Please i need your help urgently, if it's Turkey which ones should i go for and if it's hardwood which woods are the best.

Pls which move is the best to make? The doors has to be reliable, strong and good finishing. Which ones would stand the test of time under the rain and in the sun?

I've discussed with some, one of them said he uses Iroko but his finishing isn't superb, another one said he uses Appa with good finishing but his price is very high whilst the last one wasn't direct(he didn't specify any wood in particular) but good finishing and high price.

Please your help is greatly needed

Saw this wooden door on a client siteā€¦ look solid and adorable

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by makjo900: 7:27pm On May 19, 2023
twinskenny:

Saw this wooden door on a client siteā€¦ look solid and adorable

Thanks for the response, can you pls get more informations about it from your client?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 9:48pm On May 19, 2023
Let me be your welder and I will always deliver

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Qoncave(m): 10:20pm On May 19, 2023
Transform your space into a captivating sanctuary with our expert POP design solutions. Whether you're looking to revamp a single room or rejuvenate your entire home, *_QoncaveDesigns_* is here to turn your dreams into reality.

āœ… Immerse yourself in personalized designs tailored to your taste and lifestyle.
āœ… Unleash the full potential of your space with our creative expertise.
āœ… Enhance comfort, functionality, and aesthetics to create a harmonious environment.
āœ… Collaborate with our skilled designers to bring your vision to life.

Contact us today on 08131591112 or 07039839972

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cash1115(m): 10:39pm On May 19, 2023
Pop @ affordable price you cal also send your favorite design

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Whitehorse: 8:33am On May 20, 2023
Can you build something like the below, at the same quality of finishing?

michlins:
Let me be your welder and I will always deliver

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 9:17am On May 20, 2023
Whitehorse:
Can you build something like the below, at the same quality of finishing?

yes sir 98%. But kindly know that the top is a wooden finish and a furniture maker will have to handle that part

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (3392) (3393) (3394) (3395) (3396) (3397) (3398) ... (3675) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: gentlesoul83(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.