Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:34 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3455) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4383582 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3452) (3453) (3454) (3455) (3456) (3457) (3458) ... (3666) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 11:51am On Aug 16, 2023
Osinachiadima global enterprise
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 12:06pm On Aug 16, 2023
The eleko project

Solar installations
Cctv
Electric security fence
2 screen video doorbell
Smart accessories
Whole house audio
Fire alarm
Let’s work for you

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 12:22pm On Aug 16, 2023
It’s a beautiful day

We will sure survive o.. prices keep sky rocketing

For your pop and wall screeding please get in touch

Still doing old price

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Akerewe(m): 1:29pm On Aug 16, 2023
Reeefe:

Hello house I'm having a little confusion as to mix ratio. in delta state most concrete are mixed at 1 bag of cement 7/8 pans of sand n 7/8 pans of granite. which is a 1:4:4 mix. and it's a norm. someone here once told me a mix shouldn't be more than 1:2:4. which is 1 bag of cement 4 pans of sand n 8pans of granite. is there any reason why the difference?

If u r using 3/4 granite, ratio 1:4:4 is ok but if u r using half inch or any lesser sizes ratio 1:2:4 is ok

My 1:4:4. Means 4 or 5 headpans of sand to 4 headpans of granite if u r using 3/4 granite

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 2:21pm On Aug 16, 2023
hslbroker2:
Buy hardwood (2x2, 2x3, 2x4, 2x6, 3x4, 1x12) buy iron rod (8mm, 10mm, 12mm, 16mm, 20mm local and TMT) payment on delivery,thanks for your patronage, God bless you all 09132123240.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Hezbola: 7:47pm On Aug 16, 2023
SALLYBERRY01:
LUXURY Readable fashion books

Different from regular faux book

You can place single or different brands to decorate , shelf , center table etc

Available in different fashion brands
Price: 15,000 naira
15k for how many
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Ojeniyi123(f): 8:34pm On Aug 16, 2023
Send us your geo-report, and let's send you the best affordable quotation for your drilling.

Call/WhatsApp 09032355652

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by christ007(m): 9:11pm On Aug 16, 2023
Have you ever consider transforming your floor or walkway by installing artificial grass.

Installation is per square meter

We make everything easy and simple for our customers at Christ-multicrete concretes
Measure your area and send us a dm now

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by SALLYBERRY01(m): 11:25pm On Aug 16, 2023
Hezbola:
15k for how many

Just one
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 1:01am On Aug 17, 2023
Brand new 1500w hybrid inverter available!!

Vmn Power 1500w 12v pure sine wave inverter

Features:
- Built-in 30a solar charge regulator.
- 64-bits DSP Intelligent control chipset.
- LCD display with multi-function Built-in automatic - AC charger and automatic AC mains switcher.
- 140-275vac super wide input voltage range.
- 3000w surge capacity, continuous stable pure sine wave output, can be applied to any electrical equipment.
- High efficiency Intelligent battery management,prolonging the service life of battery.
- Multi-protection like low battery, overload, short circuit, over temperature ..

Price: N120,000

Product warranty: 12 months

For further enquiry & purchase;
Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL LINE: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: http://.us/w/?c=a46ea

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 3:51am On Aug 17, 2023
Osinachiadima global enterprise
Good morning my people of Nairaland

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cash1115(m): 7:57am On Aug 17, 2023
Let talk buisness, pop, @ affordable price.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Aforxzy(f): 10:29am On Aug 17, 2023
The ratio of your concrete mix determines the strength, workability and durability of your concrete structure. The strength is gotten from granite , that's why more granite is used in the mix while the binder is the cement.

Often times you see people using less of the granite because they want a fine finish and they end up compromising on the strength. Also site labour reduce the quantity of granite because it makes the mix heavier for them to carry.

So your workmen are invariably reducing the strength of your concrete element with that mix ratio and it has nothing to do with your location.

A finely finished concrete is gotten from properly mixing the components, vibrating to remove voids and using a good formwork and not by reducing the granite quantity.

However the granite should be washed and free from dirts and clay.

It's your project , insist on the right mix and they will comply.

Reeefe:

Hello house I'm having a little confusion as to mix ratio. in delta state most concrete are mixed at 1 bag of cement 7/8 pans of sand n 7/8 pans of granite. which is a 1:4:4 mix. and it's a norm. someone here once told me a mix shouldn't be more than 1:2:4. which is 1 bag of cement 4 pans of sand n 8pans of granite. is there any reason why the difference?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Aforxzy(f): 10:36am On Aug 17, 2023
Ratio 1:4:4 isn't okay.

Whatever size/ grade of granite you choose, DOES NOT affect the mix ratio if the right batching method is used.

Different sizes/gradation of granite is considered because of availability, arrangement of the rebars and thickness of the concrete element.

Structurally the least ratio for concrete work should be 1:2:4 unless it's a lean concrete.

When you reduce the granite you reduce the strength.

Akerewe:

If u r using 3/4 granite, ratio 1:4:4 is ok but if u r using half inch or any lesser sizes ratio 1:2:4 is ok

My 1:4:4. Means 4 or 5 headpans of sand to 4 headpans of granite if u r using 3/4 granite

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ollykay619(m): 11:57am On Aug 17, 2023
ezenwaez:

Would suggest you go for locally fabricated door considering the import duty on imported doors, most local metal fabricators within your locality can design and construct it.
Thank you
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ishadfurnitures: 2:25pm On Aug 17, 2023
Depends we have 10 tons of sand. 20 tons of Sands ehile Granite comes in 20tons or 30tons me for a accurate sand and granite price 08099212590
lexini:
Good morning All

please how many tonnes is a trip of sharp sand and much is it?

also how many tonnes is a trailer of granite and how much is it?

location is around christopher university, mowe.

thank you
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 3:03pm On Aug 17, 2023
What I do is simple.

You pay me and I will deliver. No stories,no long exchanges

Asaba has been good so far

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BIGGIE121(m): 3:57pm On Aug 17, 2023
michlins:
What I do is simple.

You pay me and I will deliver. No stories,no long exchanges

Asaba has been good so far

Well done sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 4:01pm On Aug 17, 2023
BIGGIE121:

Well done sir
thank you sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Akerewe(m): 6:16pm On Aug 17, 2023
Aforxzy:
Ratio 1:4:4 isn't okay.

Whatever size/ grade of granite you choose, DOES NOT affect the mix ratio if the right batching method is used.

Different sizes/gradation of granite is considered because of availability, arrangement of the rebars and thickness of the concrete element.

Structurally the least ratio for concrete work should be 1:2:4 unless it's a lean concrete.

When you reduce the granite you reduce the strength.

Madam am not arguing with you oo, it's ur profession oo but sometimes mixing ratio might be funny. 1:2:4 for 3/4 is somehow nd in most cases pple don't use 1;2;4 for 3/4 granite
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chichilas: 7:15pm On Aug 17, 2023
Good Evening house,

Please I need advise on a construction project. We are planning to erect a foundation for a two storey building on a plot of land which used to house an old building. We have demolished the old house and then noticed that the old soakaway pit is inside the perimeter of the new foundation. In fact a pillar for the new building falls into the old soakway pit location. My engineer says to open the soakaway pit and fill with sand and compact for the next couple of months before the new foundation. My concern is that I have seen foundations settle even after 2 years so I am worried about that possibility. The pit is 8ft by 6ft

Experienced engineers in the house, what are my options to fill the Soakaway pit?

I would appreciate all suggestions.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 7:53pm On Aug 17, 2023
Let’s install…

Ondo we are here

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ezenwaez(m): 9:19pm On Aug 17, 2023
2 Bedroom Apartments For Sale

Spacious 2 Bedroom Apartments for sale, this 2 Bedroom Apartments can be renovated to Duplex if the buyer wants, this 2 Bedroom is located in a very secured estate with proximity to good road network, playground and event center.

Price: ₦20,000,000

Location of this 2 Bedroom Apartments: Satellite Town, Lagos

FOR SALE‼️
Price: 28.5 Million Naira
3 Bedroom Bungalow

FEATURES
- Beautiful rooms
- Parking Space
- Very tight security
- Interlocked roads
- Well ventilated
- Excellent location
- Good electricity
- playground/Event centre
- Good title document
- Great Neighborhood

Call or WhatsApp: 08029815618

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ezenwaez(m): 9:20pm On Aug 17, 2023

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessedsunny2(m): 10:01pm On Aug 17, 2023
Still your blessed sunny global investment home of building materials and also blessed Sam building material enterprise

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by segcymoor(m): 10:20pm On Aug 17, 2023
Chichilas:
Good Evening house,

Please I need advise on a construction project. We are planning to erect a foundation for a two storey building on a plot of land which used to house an old building. We have demolished the old house and then noticed that the old soakaway pit is inside the perimeter of the new foundation. In fact a pillar for the new building falls into the old soakway pit location. My engineer says to open the soakaway pit and fill with sand and compact for the next couple of months before the new foundation. My concern is that I have seen foundations settle even after 2 years so I am worried about that possibility. The pit is 8ft by 6ft

Experienced engineers in the house, what are my options to fill the Soakaway pit?

I would appreciate all suggestions.

Very simple... evacuate the soakaway and establish that very columns from soakaway base.. Don't forget to use concrete base for the column

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by RayUdoh: 11:04pm On Aug 17, 2023
To resolve your company issues as stated by CAC as attached below the listed services. Call or whatsapp 08035810050.
Assisting all potential company promoters with their relevant corporate demands.
Assist clients in the following areas:
1. Company Registration (Business Name & Partnership)
2. Limited by Shares Companies (Private Limited Company, Public Limited Company, Unlimited Company, Limited by Guarantee)
3. Limited Liability Partnership (LLP)/ Limited Partnership (LP)
4. Incorporated Trustees (Foundation, NGO, Club, Church, Initiative, etc)
5. Intellectual Properties (Trademark, Patents, Specialized Designs)
6. Taxation (TIN Application, TCC Application, CIT Filings, VAT Filings, etc)
7. Post Incorporation Services (Annual Returns, Removal or Appointment of Directors, Alteration to the Memart etc)
8. Annual filing tax.
9. Corporate Services (Consent Code Application, Company Search etc)
10. Receivership, Company Voluntary Administration (CVA), Corporate Administration.
11. Consulting Services (Assisting clients/promoters who have ongoing/pending registrations).

Our services at affordable consideration.

Contact: Call or whatsapp 08035810050 or mail us at rayudoh82@gmail.com.

Some services concluded this past week... Annual filing and Registrations..., the help that counts.

1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chichilas: 12:34am On Aug 18, 2023
segcymoor:

Very simple... evacuate the soakaway and establish that very columns from soakaway base.. Don't forget to use concrete base for the column

Thank you for the suggestion
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by joetoocute: 4:48am On Aug 18, 2023
Good day house, my carpenter gave me this quotation for 9 door frames.
I want to know if his prices are fair. Location is ibadan.

28,,, number of 2by10=#6k for each=#168,000.00
Planing and granding #800 per each=#22,400
Glue and Nail=#5,000..00
Transport=#8,000..00
Workmanship=#30,000...00
Total all=233,400..00
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MRFIXER001: 6:27am On Aug 18, 2023
Mix ratios are decided based upon the type of construction structures and mix designs by the structural engineer.
And it's categorized into three which are;
A. Nominal Concrete Mix Ratios
B. Standard Mixes Ratio
C. High Strength Concrete Mix Ratio

Mixing ratio depends on the load and compressive strength of the concrete.

In conclusion 1:2:4 means 1 unit of cement, 2 unit of sand 4 units of granite. And it's advisable to use that. Anything more reduce the compressive strength of the concrete

Reeefe:

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Horlardorjah(m): 6:34am On Aug 18, 2023
segcymoor:

Exactly what I wanted to type.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cash1115(m): 7:21am On Aug 18, 2023
We are in for buisness contact us for your pop, wall screeding, artwork, tv design, wall divider for affordable price

(1) (2) (3) ... (3452) (3453) (3454) (3455) (3456) (3457) (3458) ... (3666) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.