Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,116 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:13 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3462) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4394115 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3459) (3460) (3461) (3462) (3463) (3464) (3465) ... (3668) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Apologist02: 3:31pm On Aug 28, 2023
megacontrol:
Hello,

where do you stay in Lagos?

Do you have a portfolio of projects completed or something online to show your experience?

Good luck.

I stay in barracks, Surulere
I don't have an online portfolio. But I have evidence of all works done so far both privately and working with construction firms.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Reeefe(m): 3:33pm On Aug 28, 2023
Hello house does anyone know how to calculate sqm for gerrad roofing?
L 10.1
W 10.2
KEYPOST 4.572m
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kkonsults: 3:35pm On Aug 28, 2023
Contact for your Architectural Designs

4 x 2 Bed Block of Flats on 1/2 plot..

[ ContemporaryArchitecture buildingplans buildingconstruction ]

K

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AAMTiling(m): 1:38am On Aug 29, 2023
Get in touch for all your tiles installation services

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 4:05am On Aug 29, 2023
Osinachiadima global enterprise
Home of kinds of building materials
Such as
Tiles
Sanitary
Doors
Etc

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Reeefe(m): 4:17am On Aug 29, 2023
money121
good day chief, please how do I calculate sqm for shingle Stine coated roofing and what is your rate per sqm?
L 10.1
W 10.2
KEYPOST 4.572m
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 7:10am On Aug 29, 2023
Reeefe:
money121
good day chief, please how do I calculate sqm for shingle Stine coated roofing and what is your rate per sqm?
L 10.1
W 10.2
KEYPOST 4.572m
Good day oga mi sir
Shingle 3850 persqm
You get accurate measurement when done with your woodwork

For more enquire whatsapp 08085310359

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Propaddy: 7:33am On Aug 29, 2023
Webinar: Improving Tenant Experience Using Technology

Tenant experience is a critical aspect of property management, as it directly impacts tenant retention and attraction. Providing a positive tenant experience might span from creating a welcoming environment, offering amenities, customer service to organizing community events that make your tenants feel at home.

Whether you're a seasoned property manager or someone renting out a property for the first time, this webinar will provide you with invaluable guidance to help you improve your tenants experience using technology.

We look forward to welcoming you at the webinar.

Click the link below to join our webinar waitlist.

https:///3OI5ihV

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 8:23am On Aug 29, 2023
CANADIAN 670w AVAILABLE !!

Canadian 670w solar panel now available.

Price : 200k

For further enquiry & purchase;
Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL LINE: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: http://.us/w/?c=a46ea5

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KIDfurniture(m): 9:20am On Aug 29, 2023
Do you need a system that can power your LED TV 20” - 50” , home theater , clippers , charge ur phones , decoder , 12volt fans , come with 2 bright bulbs & can take up to 7 more bulbs (1W), it will also power ur routers without break the banks. This system has a powerful lithium battery and a 160w solar panel that charges even when it is cloudy & raining. What you need is the BEEBEE JUMP S1 . It is cheap and affordable.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 10:06am On Aug 29, 2023
Coiner:

The mold is just on the concrete floor. Only at the areas where the water collectors discharge water.

Thank you.

Does the concrete floor slope away from the building?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-53Cksv7RA

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Valuepaints20(m): 10:52am On Aug 29, 2023
Na paints we de sell try to buy from us one day.

Na factory price we go give you and still supply am to your doorstep.

Stress-free

DE TRY TO GET VALUE FOR YOUR MONEY

Na the number wey you go call be this 08163862804 or you fit send WhatsApp hello

Our services na nationwide.

Thank you...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 11:42am On Aug 29, 2023
megacontrol:
Good day people,

Please for build and sell houses (e.g. multi dwelling apartments/terrace etc.) who's responsible for the purchase and installation of PHCN meters?

Should the developer order and install the PHCN meters and hook up to mains power before handing over or should the buyer order sort this themselves, bearing in mind the contact details used to process the meter will always follow the asset just like with the vehicle plate registration.

Thanks as always.
Well, it's what it is.
Technical issues might arise in future, I would advise the meter is registered with the information of the end user of such dwelling.
The developer can acquire the meter but leave it unregistered for the time being.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MrApcLimited: 2:28pm On Aug 29, 2023
Premium quality paints in Durable exterior plaster such as Matt and for interior Decorating coatings such as Satin,have never been sold in affordable yet assured excellent form before from a trusted indigenous manufacturing firm.

Like Fubu, this is a 'For us By us' model of patronising Home made products to grow our economy 😄👍

Call or Chat us;
WhatsApp: https:///0kit64

Quality is inevitably assured....

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 3:55pm On Aug 29, 2023
Eleko beach duplex project.

Electrical
Solar inverter
Cctv
Whole house audio powered by monoprice
Video door bell

Note: pop by bolu1986

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Coiner: 8:02pm On Aug 29, 2023
FEGEITOK:

Does the concrete floor slope away from the building?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-53Cksv7RA

Nice insight. Will inspect that and correct if not done properly.

Thank you.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Reeefe(m): 9:24pm On Aug 29, 2023
money121:

Good day oga mi sir
Shingle 3850 persqm
You get accurate measurement when done with your woodwork

For more enquire whatsapp 08085310359
thanks chief
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 10:05pm On Aug 29, 2023
Good evening house
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessedsunny2(m): 10:10pm On Aug 29, 2023
Still your blessed sunny global investment home of building materials and also blessed Sam building materials

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MeineMutter: 1:22am On Aug 30, 2023
Coiner:
Good morning everyone.

@Dennis, @Sonnie10

Please I need your suggestions.

I bought some of these supposed turkey wooden doors at 150k each. Needed two extra for kitchen and sitting room. My furnituremaker then suggested he could make the same door quality and design for lower price.

Sitting room door: 120k
Kitchen door: 80k.

Picture 1: The turkey wooden.
Picture 2: Furnituremaker's proposed -material pre-finishing.

Can you tell the quality of the furnituremakers wood in the second image? Also, is the price fair for the quality?

I doubt if the first pix is an HDF door. It looks more like MDF. Check the purported Turkey door well. Does it have fine particles like compressed saw dust at its edges? If yes, it means it is an MDF.

The second pix looks like plywood or HDF. Check well; if the edges of the wood show layers of flat wood, that means it’s plywood he bought. He might need to use an edge binder to cover the layers from showing, after finishing.

Where the edges of the second pix show no layers of stacked wood, it may be a HDF wood.

He needs powerful router to create dado (the deep lines as shown on the Turkey door) on the woods in pix 2 with a matching diameter (and at the same depth) of bit used in creating the lines in the first pix (Turkey door) has to be used by the furniture guy for me to be able to get something closer to the one made with router table in factory.

If he attempts to chisel out the esthetic lines manually, he may not get the design (dados) well.

Hope he has a better plunge router like Festool or Mafell. Those are the best routers that can do the job well, including the door holes and hinges. He can use a couple of other door engine installation kits and hole saw, where he can’t use plunger to drill the hole.

A Trion, Makita, Dewalt, Milwaukee or Bosch plunge router too could be useful, if he knows how to use any of it and has or could get one.

Where he couldn’t get a plunge router, he can use trusted trim routers will rail guide, for the dados and the door holes.

Let him also look for quality white paint for the finishing.

If I am to make such door with my tools here, it cannot cost more than N40k, without adding my profit and cost of shipment ni o.

Tell him to reduce the price for you. The charges are too closer to that of factory-made door and he hasn’t made any of such doors for you before for you to know if he would get it as closed as to the Turkey door.

Don’t pay upfront for everything. Let him make one and show it to you. If you are ok with it, he can then go ahead with others, to avoid a case of WHAT I ORDERED VS WHAT I GOT.

Modified:

Estimated cost of making one door using plywood.

1 piece of full length of plywood = 14k, max.
2. Door engine (the type that he would use for you)= 10k , max.
3. Door hinges = 3k, max
4. Lacquer and final painting = 10k, max.
5. Screws and others = 1k, max.

For using HDF, the only difference is going to be the cost of the wood is is being sold around N16k to 21k per piece, depending on where you are buying it.

You can then add his labour. I assume you already have your door frames installed.

Hope I am back soon to come and crash price for people making life difficult for Nigerians, in my own little way.

We exploit ourselves too much.

By the way, I sell and ship quality power tools and accessories for woodwork and furniture making, directly from Europe and the US. These are not China Made for Nigeria tools o.
Tokunbo dey, Brand new dey.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 3:10am On Aug 30, 2023
Osinachiadima global enterprise
And Rockhome global enterprise
The home of kinds of building materials
Place your order now am capable of delivery 🚚 to anywhere within Nigeria,and deliver before payment within Lagos state only etc
Email rockhombuilderx1@gmail.com
Email : osinachicolins20@gmail.com
07087953771 or 07046234748

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ishadfurnitures: 8:07am On Aug 30, 2023
Chat me on here for a Construction project
Apologist02:
Good day house
I'm a Civil Engineer with practical experience of commercial and residential buildings construction. I am a COREN registered applicant.
I relocated to Lagos some months ago and I'm in need of a job. I have been redundant since I get here and I will be grateful for any opportunity to get busy, it is depressing been away from construction sites.
Please reach me on apologist02@gmail.com if you have any deal, opportunity or advice for me.
Thanks. cc rotecch77
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 8:13am On Aug 30, 2023
MeineMutter:

I doubt if the first pix is an HDF door. It looks more like MDF. Check the purported Turkey door well. Does it have fine particles like compressed saw dust at its edges? If yes, it means it is an MDF.

The second pix looks like plywood or HDF. Check well; if the edges of the wood show layers of flat wood, that means it’s plywood he bought. He might need to use an edge binder to cover the layers from showing, after finishing.

Where the edges of the second pix show no layers of stacked wood, it may be a HDF wood.

He needs powerful router to create dado (the deep lines as shown on the Turkey door) on the woods in pix 2 with a matching diameter (and at the same depth) of bit used in creating the lines in the first pix (Turkey door) has to be used by the furniture guy for me to be able to get something closer to the one made with router table in factory.

If he attempts to chisel out the esthetic lines manually, he may not get the design (dados) well.

Hope he has a better plunge router like Festool or Mafell. Those are the best routers that can do the job well, including the door holes and hinges. He can use a couple of other door engine installation kits and hole saw, where he can’t use plunger to drill the hole.

A Trion, Makita, Dewalt, Milwaukee or Bosch plunge router too could be useful, if he knows how to use any of it and has or could get one.

Where he couldn’t get a plunge router, he can use trusted trim routers will rail guide, for the dados and the door holes.

Let him also look for quality white paint for the finishing.

If I am to make such door with my tools here, it cannot cost more than N40k, without adding my profit and cost of shipment ni o.

Tell him to reduce the price for you. The charges are too closer to that of factory-made door and he hasn’t made any of such doors for you before for you to know if he would get it as closed as to the Turkey door.

Don’t pay upfront for everything. Let him make one and show it to you. If you are ok with it, he can then go ahead with others, to avoid a case of WHAT I ORDERED VS WHAT I GOT.

Modified:

Estimated cost of making one door using plywood.

1 piece of full length of plywood = 14k, max.
2. Door engine (the type that he would use for you)= 10k , max.
3. Door hinges = 3k, max
4. Lacquer and final painting = 10k, max.
5. Screws and others = 1k, max.

For using HDF, the only difference is going to be the cost of the wood is is being sold around N16k to 21k per piece, depending on where you are buying it.

You can then add his labour. I assume you already have your door frames installed.

Hope I am back soon to come and crash price for people making life difficult for Nigerians, in my own little way.

We exploit ourselves too much.

By the way, I sell and ship quality power tools and accessories for woodwork and furniture making, directly from Europe and the US. These are not China Made for Nigeria tools o.
Tokunbo dey, Brand new dey.

Please drop your email.

You spoke like someone who knows the woodworking trade inside out.

I could not help myself as I read some words up there.

Amongst other things I had imported a Mibro dado blade set just last month.

Will be purchasing even more tools to complete my wood working workshop and your contact would be immensely valuable

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MeineMutter: 9:53am On Aug 30, 2023
FEGEITOK:

Please drop your email.

You spoke like someone who knows the woodworking trade inside out.

I could not help myself as I read some words up there.

Amongst other things I had imported a Mibro dado blade set just last month.

Will be purchasing even more tools to complete my wood working workshop and your contact would be immensely valuable

Thanks bro, for reaching out.

I can be contacted at: admin@shanandev.com

Mod: waiting to read from you.
Be rest assured: the email address doesn’t mean I won’t give you my personal one. I would read this one as well and don’t be afraid of price 😁 because of how the email looks.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dashlish: 10:31am On Aug 30, 2023
10 acres of land at Akodo secretariat, Ibeju lekki very close to the expressway
Title: Gazette
Price: 12m/plot (slightly Negotiable)
Agency fee is 5%

Neighbourhood: Dangote Refinery, Lekki Deep Sea Port, Lekki Free Zone, Lacampagne Beach Resort etc..
WhatsApp Enquiry 08142//// 6689___ 42
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 11:16am On Aug 30, 2023
VITRA TUBULAR BATTERY NOW AVAILABLE!!!

Vitra 12v 220a tubular battery
Made in INDIA.

Unit Price: N150,000
8 units upwards: N145,000

18 months warranty

For further enquiry & purchase;
Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL LINE: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: http://.us/w/?c=a46ea5

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gentlesoul83(m): 12:22pm On Aug 30, 2023
Reeefe:
L 10.1
W 10.2
KEYPOST 4.572m
contact imran roofing 08085310359, he will give you the best and accurate measurements.

If you've not done your wood work, please kindly patronise me for you woods. Quality is assured at affordable prices. 08032339807.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Reeefe(m): 12:43pm On Aug 30, 2023
gentlesoul83:
contact imran roofing 08085310359, he will give you the best and accurate measurements.

If you've not done your wood work, please kindly patronise me for you woods. Quality is assured at affordable prices. 08032339807.

noted chief
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ladyteeks: 2:47pm On Aug 30, 2023
Any solar installation professional here? Please drop your contact.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Valuepaints20(m): 3:01pm On Aug 30, 2023
Reeefe:
L 10.1
W 10.2
KEYPOST 4.572m

Contact Imranroofing at +234 808 531 0359 to get accurate measurements and fast delivery nationwide.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by megacontrol(m): 4:38pm On Aug 30, 2023
Good points, noted.

Thanks a lot for the input.

uncleteeh:

Well, it's what it is.
Technical issues might arise in future, I would advise the meter is registered with the information of the end user of such dwelling.
The developer can acquire the meter but leave it unregistered for the time being.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3459) (3460) (3461) (3462) (3463) (3464) (3465) ... (3668) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: gbadexy(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.