Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,712 members, 7,816,924 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:19 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3464) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4388670 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3461) (3462) (3463) (3464) (3465) (3466) (3467) ... (3667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gentlesoul83(m): 8:13pm On Aug 31, 2023
Reeefe:
Good day contractors n engineers in the house when you take carpenter for roofing work. is it best to pay daily (asin daily pay) or negotiate a contract sum or negotiate the contract days?

which ever one that suit you, to me daily pay slows down work. Because they will like to earn more by using more days on the project. But contract they do it fast and move on.

You can contact for your roofing woods if you've not gotten your woods. 08032339807.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Reeefe(m): 8:14pm On Aug 31, 2023
bolu1986:

Which ever one that pays you

the challenge is at the moment my carpenters are affected by the weather ( heavy rain) and since I'm doing daily pay I still get to pay the days wage.

on days when it doesn't rain they closed 3pm, I complained alot but to no avail.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 8:25pm On Aug 31, 2023
KIDfurniture:
Plz drop your WhatsApp number …

Thanks

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 8:53pm On Aug 31, 2023
sonnie10:

Now compare that to the 62% increase in dollar
for copper
200% increase in local content which is petrol and diesel.
That would be an average of 130% increase in cost for them.

You are correct sir, the cost of diesel is now N830 / litre .. Even electricity tariff has also increase .. People are going through a lot in this country. may God help us .

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rmx: 9:09pm On Aug 31, 2023
topsy23:
Good afternoon to everyone. Nigerchin cable manufacturer release their new price list this week and percentage increase is about 35% for the single core cables. Remember the notification was sent 3 weeks before the implementation of the new price.

Now other cable manufactures are ready to follow the same procedure now since all of them are importing raw materials from oversea. Things are not working normal in this country. Imagine 35% increase and there is no regulatory body controlling price in this country of ours. God will help us . .

My Advice to people now is that if you have the opportunity to buy your cable and keep pls quickly do before others increase their price.

Coleman
Wichtech
and other are yet to communicate their new price to distributors.

Thanks

Na wa , I should be starting another project soon , maybe I should take the plunge and start my usual advance purchases . When is the last day to key in ? I no come Dey again
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 9:17pm On Aug 31, 2023
rmx:

Na wa , I should be starting another project soon , maybe I should take the plunge and start my usual advance purchases . When is the last day to key in ? I no come Dey again

This is right time if you want to buy or stick cables now. Coleman cable can wake up tomorrow and said they have change their price . They don't give notice at all . Nigrchin gave 3 weeks notice before they change their price.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrickDevo: 9:52pm On Aug 31, 2023
Pay less get more | master bedroom interior design
We want you to be happy with your building.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Coiner: 10:02pm On Aug 31, 2023
MeineMutter:

We exploit ourselves too much.

By the way, I sell and ship quality power tools and accessories for woodwork and furniture making, directly from Europe and the US. These are not China Made for Nigeria tools o.
Tokunbo dey, Brand new dey.

Thank you so much for the detailed explanation. I appreciate.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by semaj1309: 2:38am On Sep 01, 2023
check out this company for land development: https://www.mglandsurveyors.com.au/
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by christ007(m): 3:54am On Sep 01, 2023
Happy new month my beautiful people. I pray we all receive Good new this new month

I’m available for deal

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by christ007(m): 3:56am On Sep 01, 2023
We are legit and we deliver any state my beautiful people.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by christ007(m): 3:58am On Sep 01, 2023
Silk plaster

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FreeConCiencE: 5:28am On Sep 01, 2023
Please house, what's the current price of POP/bag now ?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FreeConCiencE: 5:32am On Sep 01, 2023
cash1115:
Pop @affordable price

How much is a bag of pop now, please?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 7:57am On Sep 01, 2023
Reeefe:
Good day contractors n engineers in the house when you take carpenter for roofing work. is it best to pay daily (asin daily pay) or negotiate a contract sum or negotiate the contract days?
Negotiate a contract sum, this will save you time and unnecessary stress.
Let him be the one to handle his people, if you happen to be on site with them during work, you will observe how his workers (daily paid workers) will be stressing him.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 8:43am On Sep 01, 2023
Apologist02:
Good day house
I'm a Civil Engineer with practical experience of commercial and residential buildings construction. I am a COREN registered applicant.
I relocated to Lagos some months ago and I'm in need of a job. I have been redundant since I get here and I will be grateful for any opportunity to get busy, it is depressing been away from construction sites.
Please reach me on apologist02@gmail.com if you have any deal, opportunity or advice for me.
Thanks. cc rotecch77

Ok noted bro,

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 9:06am On Sep 01, 2023
Happy new month everyone

Prices of pop cement is stil stable a bit depending on location

Let’s work for you this month!

Pop & wall screeding

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Philipok: 10:34am On Sep 01, 2023
Happy new month friends, still ur favorite art work design 09058432795.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 12:04pm On Sep 01, 2023
CANADIAN 670w AVAILABLE !!

Canadian 670w solar panel now available.

Unit Price : 200k
8 units above: 195k
Tier 1 high quality brand

For further enquiry & purchase;
Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL LINE::::: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: 081-703-85620

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 12:04pm On Sep 01, 2023
CANADIAN 670w AVAILABLE !!

Canadian 670w solar panel now available..

Unit Price : 200k
8 units above: 195k
Tier 1 high quality brand

For further enquiry & purchase;
Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL LINE::::: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: 081-703-85620

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by segcymoor(m): 12:07pm On Sep 01, 2023
Reeefe:

the challenge is at the moment my carpenters are affected by the weather ( heavy rain) and since I'm doing daily pay I still get to pay the days wage.

on days when it doesn't rain they closed 3pm, I complained alot but to no avail.

You can hardly beat the system.. Engage Project manager

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 12:08pm On Sep 01, 2023
topsy23:
Good afternoon to everyone. Nigerchin cable manufacturer release their new price list this week and percentage increase is about 35% for the single core cables. Remember the notification was sent 3 weeks before the implementation of the new price.

Now other cable manufactures are ready to follow the same procedure now since all of them are importing raw materials from oversea. Things are not working normal in this country. Imagine 35% increase and there is no regulatory body controlling price in this country of ours. God will help us . .

My Advice to people now is that if you have the opportunity to buy your cable and keep pls quickly do before others increase their price.

Coleman
Wichtech
and other are yet to communicate their new price to distributors.

Thanks

Good morning
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ananne: 12:56pm On Sep 01, 2023
Please and idea about the price of casement windows with net and burglary proof.

I need price range for 3 by 4 and 4 by 4.

I will appreciate if anyone can give the price. Location is Anambra
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 1:11pm On Sep 01, 2023
ananne:
Please and idea about the price of casement windows with net and burglary proof.

I need price range for 3 by 4 and 4 by 4.

I will appreciate if anyone can give the price. Location is Anambra
for the imported materials,

(1) 3*4 = 52,000
(2) 4*4 = #62,000

For the thick imported

(1) 3*4=# 55,000
(2) 4*4 =# 65,000

Notes, with 5mm glass and 12mm iron burglaries, thanks u
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Geekop: 3:41pm On Sep 01, 2023
Good afternoon sirs and mas.
Please what's the current price for Stone dust in Lagos??
Thank you.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kkonsults: 4:32pm On Sep 01, 2023
Contact us for your Architectural Designs

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Coiner: 6:52pm On Sep 01, 2023
How do you guys cope with some of these artisans. You give them a job and most of them never deliver the specs you want. There must be an error somewhere. No matter how little. Sometimes you just have to let go and make do with what they deliver else you will have no rest. πŸ˜€

From the POP guy doing very good inside and then making a mess outside with a slant job. To the frameless windows guy doing some windows that doesn't fit and hanging a few others inappropriately.πŸ˜€ Then the Tiler did good jobs everywhere else but the bathroom.

They never give you a πŸ’―% detailed job. When you complain, it sounds like you are asking for too much. To get what you want you have to be there and monitor the whole thing. Else they just do it haphazardly. Even when you ask them to redo, you will be spending extra on materials. Lose-lose situation. Sadly.

How can I forget the welder for the entrance gate. Nice simple job. Then forgot to file some welded areas. Leaving the otherwise beautiful job looking tacky.

Now, these are all very good artisans. If you see the finished job you will believe me. They have the capacity and capability to deliver the best. My question is, why shortchange? Why not give your best from the beginning to the end? We need to do better as a people, please.

Their defense is usually that I look at the tiny details and a lot of persons are not interested in that. So they get away with this everywhere else. Really? These people stressed the hell out of me.

Anyway, thank heavens we are done now. Thanks to everyone of you here who have contributed and still contributing to making this thread so invaluable. Wouldn't have done this without you all.

Gracias.

10 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Gigaset: 7:17pm On Sep 01, 2023
Perfection is not in their dictionary so sad
Coiner:
How do you guys cope with some of these artisans. You give them a job and most of them never deliver the specs you want. There must be an error somewhere. No matter how little. Sometimes you just have to let go and make do with what they deliver else you will have no rest. πŸ˜€

From the POP guy doing very good inside and then making a mess outside with a slant job. To the frameless windows guy doing some windows that doesn't fit and hanging a few others inappropriately.πŸ˜€ Then the Tiler did good jobs everywhere else but the bathroom.

They never give you a πŸ’―% detailed job. When you complain, it sounds like you are asking for too much. To get what you want you have to be there and monitor the whole thing. Else they just do it haphazardly. Even when you ask them to redo, you will be spending extra on materials. Lose-lose situation. Sadly.

How can I forget the welder for the entrance gate. Nice simple job. Then forgot to file some welded areas. Leaving the otherwise beautiful job looking tacky.

Now, these are all very good artisans. If you see the finished job you will believe me. They have the capacity and capability to deliver the best. My question is, why shortchange? Why not give your best from the beginning to the end? We need to do better as a people, please.

Their defense is usually that I look at the tiny details and a lot of persons are not interested in that. So they get away with this everywhere else. Really? These people stressed the hell out of me.

Anyway, thank heavens we are done now. Thanks to everyone of you here who have contributed and still contributing to making this thread so invaluable. Wouldn't have done this without you all.

Gracias.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Reeefe(m): 8:13pm On Sep 01, 2023
uncleteeh:

Negotiate a contract sum, this will save you time and unnecessary stress.
Let him be the one to handle his people, if you happen to be on site with them during work, you will observe how his workers (daily paid workers) will be stressing him.
πŸ˜† I'm the contractor/ engineer on site. the guys are stressing me already. I'm changing the arrangements soon because of the raining season

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Reeefe(m): 8:22pm On Sep 01, 2023
Good day house . has anyone done a roofing job before with a room in the roof sitting on the wooden tie beam. the king post is 16ft high. owner needs a 10x12 room in the roof.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MeineMutter: 8:22pm On Sep 01, 2023
Coiner:

Thank you so much for the detailed explanation. I appreciate.

You are welcome, bro.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 11:49pm On Sep 01, 2023
Pls let us be careful about our wiring of our project or house. Somebody called me on Monday to inspect an apartment in IKOYI , they have electrical issues and three of their AC's got burnt in the last four month. We went there and carry out power audit. We discovered that all the socket outlets and AC switches has no earth cable . We saw earth pit chamber within the compound and also 4mm green earth cable run from earth pit to only ground floor distribution and there is no continuation to the first floor distribution board. Anytime there is surge in that area definitely it will affect one or two things in the house and this surge normally occur when there is power supply from PHCN. We plugged electric kettle to one of the socket outlets, the body of the kettle conduct electricity. The electrician only earth the distribution and not the entire house . The body of kitchen , the washing machine and some other electrical appliances are conducting

TAKE NOTE OF THE ANALYSIS BELOW

Lighting
You can use RED and BLACK cable only, reason is because there is no earth terminal in most of the light fittings they produce nowadays

SOCKET
2.5mm RED, BLACK and use 1.5mm green as the earth cable. And remember the same number of coils of cable is require for this. I have seen messages t from people requesting for 2.5mm
Red 3coils
Black 2coils
No green ...
The quantities above is wrong and incomplete
A. The quantities of RED must be the same with quantities of BLACK because they are both running from the same DB to each socket. The only area where we normally have more RED. than BLACK is when we are doing cable for lighting. The reason is that neutral doesn't connected to switch except you want to use smart switch

B. Earth cable is missing.and earth cable must have the same quantities as RED and BLACK

AC
4mm RED, BLACK and 2.5mm GREEN. And they must all have the same quantities since the are to connect to distribution boards down the AC switch .

Also the main earth cable to building always depend on the size of load cable used

If your load cable is 16mm IEE permit 10mm to serve as your earth cable.

Most time your earth cable can serve as neutral ONLY IF your neutral fails . That's why it very important and necessary to earth your building ..

If your neutral fail and there is no earth cable to serve as neutral your voltage can go as high as 300V and witt thus high voltage alot of things will get damage

Pls always insist on earth cable especially for your
- SOCKET
-AC OUTLET AND AC SWITCHES
-COOKER SOCKET

25 Likes 11 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (3461) (3462) (3463) (3464) (3465) (3466) (3467) ... (3667) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: PrinceLat(m), akeneobi(m), diordaves(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.