Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,430 members, 7,815,972 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:35 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3463) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4386081 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3460) (3461) (3462) (3463) (3464) (3465) (3466) ... (3667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 5:55pm On Aug 30, 2023
ladyteeks:
Any solar installation professional here? Please drop your contact.

Here

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by RockOfAgesAlumi(m): 6:15pm On Aug 30, 2023
We are available for you anytime anyday on varieties of aluminum
Call or WhatsApp:-08069609983
Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Reeefe(m): 9:31pm On Aug 30, 2023
Story time... so today I went somewhere to measure the sqm of a compound floor for a stamp floor job after measuring we got a total of 200sqm I told the guy that at 3" of concrete we would use about 100 bags, he shouted and said someone else already told him 40 bags would do the job for regular concrete flooring. how is this even possible? 1" thickness?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 9:39pm On Aug 30, 2023
call us today for your Original switches and Socket

Call or Whatsapp 08033643191

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 10:06pm On Aug 30, 2023

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrickDevo: 10:12pm On Aug 30, 2023
Hotel reception interior design | we want to work for you ~ Brickstakks

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 10:58pm On Aug 30, 2023
BRAND NEW MAX 48v 200a LITHIUM BATTERY AVAILABLE!!!

Max 10kwh 48v lithium battery.
Warranty: 5 years
PRICE: 1.6m

For further enquiry & purchase;
Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL LINE::::: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: 081-703-85620

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 3:25am On Aug 31, 2023
Reeefe:
Story time... so today I went somewhere to measure the sqm of a compound floor for a stamp floor job after measuring we got a total of 200sqm I told the guy that at 3" of concrete we would use about 100 bags, he shouted and said someone else already told him 40 bags would do the job for regular concrete flooring. how is this even possible? 1" thickness?
it's very much possible. He will lure him in with 40 bags first and when he's in, he will then start with extra twenty bags then fifteen and few more ten bags and so on.

Things are really hard and people are finding devious means to get jobs
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dashlish: 5:40am On Aug 31, 2023
michlins:
it's very much possible. He will lure him in with 40 bags first and when he's in, he will then start with extra twenty bags then fifteen and few more ten bags and so on.

Wow! That's Strange
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cash1115(m): 5:47am On Aug 31, 2023
Pop @affordable price

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 7:35am On Aug 31, 2023
twinskenny:

You can never go wrong with

Aventure
Kolashangone

Thanks Oga Kenny
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 7:49am On Aug 31, 2023
Men @ Work.. Another Roofing Project Going on @Ibadan Oyo State

Are you Done with your woodwork and in Need of Quality Stone Coated Roofing Sheet? Please Call/WhatsApp 08085310359
Customers Satisfaction is our Watch Word..

Classic Design (BLACK )

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by PrimeQuay: 8:13am On Aug 31, 2023
Good Morning,

Does anyone have experience with smart door locks.. and can recommend a good brand that can be found in Lagos. Or a location I can get a good one?

I would like to start experimenting with smart home devices

Thank you.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jefferyzz(m): 8:43am On Aug 31, 2023
If ure still looking for 1. You can message me on Whatsapp. Check my signature for my contact
ladyteeks:
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dashlish: 9:00am On Aug 31, 2023
Any iron scrap dealer here in lagos for sale (Condemn vessels, caterpillar, crane, Trucks,pipeline etc. We need iron scrap
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by SALLYBERRY01(m): 10:35am On Aug 31, 2023
Good morning someone reach out to us At Atlantic interiors and exteriors via WhatsApp, he sent the pictures of his window and through the pictures we gave him quotation and he made payment.

We installed the window blind yesterday and he likes it .
We deal with quality and affordable window blinds and curtain for your house hold.

Contact 08119470142
Instagram: designsbyAtlantic

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Reeefe(m): 11:23am On Aug 31, 2023
michlins:

wow na so una dey do am now?? I just believe the person would cash 1½" of concrete or maybe 2" and it would suffice
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gentlesoul83(m): 11:37am On Aug 31, 2023
Please call us 08032339807 for your woods. Be it whitewoods or hardwoods. You will get the best at affordable price from us.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gentlesoul83(m): 12:57pm On Aug 31, 2023
Dashlish:
Any iron scrap dealer here in lagos for sale (Condemn vessels, caterpillar, crane, Trucks,pipeline etc. We need iron scrap
drop your contacts
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 1:07pm On Aug 31, 2023
Good afternoon to everyone. Nigerchin cable manufacturer release their new price list this week and percentage increase is about 35% for the single core cables. Remember the notification was sent 3 weeks before the implementation of the new price.

Now other cable manufactures are ready to follow the same procedure now since all of them are importing raw materials from oversea. Things are not working normal in this country. Imagine 35% increase and there is no regulatory body controlling price in this country of ours. God will help us . .

My Advice to people now is that if you have the opportunity to buy your cable and keep pls quickly do before others increase their price.

Coleman
Wichtech
and other are yet to communicate their new price to distributors.

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Philipok: 2:54pm On Aug 31, 2023
Contact white man,art work design construction for ur quality and affordable artwork design.09058432795.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Olumighty123(m): 5:27pm On Aug 31, 2023
ladyteeks:

We can be reached on this number 08128914718
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 5:34pm On Aug 31, 2023
GOOD EVENING HOUSE
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dashlish: 6:28pm On Aug 31, 2023
gentlesoul83:
drop your contacts

Ok, please no Long Chain
08142_____ 6689!!!!42
Richards
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 6:48pm On Aug 31, 2023
topsy23:
Good afternoon to everyone. Nigerchin cable manufacturer release their new price list this week and percentage increase is about 35% for the single core cables. Remember the notification was sent 3 weeks before the implementation of the new price.

Now other cable manufactures are ready to follow the same procedure now since all of them are importing raw materials from oversea. Things are not working normal in this country. Imagine 35% increase and there is no regulatory body controlling price in this country of ours. God will help us . .

My Advice to people now is that if you have the opportunity to buy your cable and keep pls quickly do before others increase their price.

Coleman
Wichtech
and other are yet to communicate their new price to distributors.

Thanks
Price control is not the solution. That will lead closure of factories and people will lose jobs. Trust me, the owners of these companies are already rich and connected in the business world. They will simply go into other profitable ventures. That vacuum will enable substandard products.
The fish is rotten from the head. Manufacturers are struggling to get dollars. It was reported today that despite the high cost of rice, millers are operating at a loss due to exchange rates. At $1 to #900 the cable companies cannot be in the same financial position they were about a year ago. Let’s remember that the copper the main components of cabal wire is actually imported with dollars.
I remember when I bought the cables from you, dollar was $1 to #550. The percentage increase in dollar/naira exchange rate as at today is 62%. The companies have only increased price by 35%. This maths is clear enough for any rational consumer not to cry greed. 25% decrease in revenue can collapse a company.
This price increase might not even be sustainable, except if they were making 100% profit initially, which is impossible in a competitive market.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Reeefe(m): 6:54pm On Aug 31, 2023
Good day contractors n engineers in the house when you take carpenter for roofing work. is it best to pay daily (asin daily pay) or negotiate a contract sum or negotiate the contract days?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 6:55pm On Aug 31, 2023
External screeding of this building is done

Neatly done

Let’s work for you..

Pop & wall screeding

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 6:56pm On Aug 31, 2023
Reeefe:
Good day contractors n engineers in the house when you take carpenter for roofing work. is it best to pay daily (asin daily pay) or negotiate a contract sum or negotiate the contract days?

Which ever one that pays you

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 7:15pm On Aug 31, 2023
sonnie10:

Price control is not the solution. That will lead closure of factories and people will lose jobs. Trust me, the owners of these companies are already rich and connected in the business world. They will simply go into other profitable ventures. That vacuum will enable substandard products.
The fish is rotten from the head. Manufacturers are struggling to get dollars. It was reported today that despite the high cost of rice, millers are operating at a loss due to exchange rates. At $1 to #900 the cable companies cannot be in the same financial position they were about a year ago. Let’s remember that the copper the main components of cabal wire is actually imported with dollars.
I remember when I bought the cables from you, dollar was $1 to #550. The percentage increase in dollar/naira exchange rate as at today is 62%. The companies have only increased price by 35%. This maths is clear enough for any rational consumer not to cry greed. 25% decrease in revenue can collapse a company.
This price increase might not even be sustainable, except if they were making 100% profit initially, which is impossible in a competitive market.

Sir, they have increased the price like 2 times after you bought yours. This last increase will be 3rd time they will change their prices. If I calculate the percentage increase after your last order now is about 76%
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gabbytabby: 7:50pm On Aug 31, 2023
I don’t think this is possible. They require name, I’d details and NIN to secure meter. The tenant or landlord or developer can apply it does not matter.

uncleteeh:

Well, it's what it is.
Technical issues might arise in future, I would advise the meter is registered with the information of the end user of such dwelling.
The developer can acquire the meter but leave it unregistered for the time being.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 7:51pm On Aug 31, 2023
topsy23:

Sir, they have increased the price like 2 times after you bought yours. This last increase will be 3rd time they will change their prices. If I calculate the percentage increase after your last order now is about 76%
Now compare that to the 62% increase in dollar
for copper
200% increase in local content which is petrol and diesel.
That would be an average of 130% increase in cost for them.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KIDfurniture(m): 8:03pm On Aug 31, 2023

(1) (2) (3) ... (3460) (3461) (3462) (3463) (3464) (3465) (3466) ... (3667) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: DADAL, RockOfAgesAlumi(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.