Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,367 members, 7,819,319 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:22 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3470) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4399934 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3467) (3468) (3469) (3470) (3471) (3472) (3473) ... (3669) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:02am On Sep 10, 2023
sonnie10:

Except it has 10 years warranty, then I would consider it cost effective.
At about $9k, Tesla battery is pricey for an average solar set up in Nigeria homes.

If he spends #800k every 2 years, he will have to spend that amount at 10 different times to get to #8M ($9k). So that would be in 20 years.

My kids and I had a chat on Tesla powerwall yesterday. They told me “Dad! Take guesswork out of your decision making process. Buy yourself peace of mind by owning a property in an area where there’s uninterrupted power supply.”

They said this when they visit me in one of my project site where there’s five nines guaranteed electricity uptime.

Every marketer will do anything to sell you their solution but right now I’d rather pay to have 99.999% electricity than to keep carrying out experimentation.

My kids are saying “Dad! Say Goodbye to Guesswork and Say Hello to Certainty!”

============

I know someone here that invested heavily on alternative energy. To my utmost dismay, he could barely get up to 3 hours from the millions of Naira investment.

I know someone will say he bought fake solution. That’s why I’m going with my kids advice 😂😂😂

Buy certainty!

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:03am On Sep 10, 2023
Good morning Nairaland!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by CDG1(m): 7:43am On Sep 10, 2023
That's an opening price for such a bulk purchase ,can't I negotiate price?
nasskar:
how much is current price of cement
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by CDG1(m): 7:58am On Sep 10, 2023
Can I get prices so I pick the best price for supply of 10,000 bags
n3xt:

If you get anyone to deliver at N4500 per bag, please don’t hesitate to share his/her contact.

T for thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 10:30am On Sep 10, 2023
Abudu2000:
solar na nonsense, they are being hyped by those installers. Whats the use of something that can’t carry ac or fridge

If you want solar that can the entire load you have in the house it is possible. Mistake that people make these days is that they involve someone that has no full knowledge of design or solar inverter. Before you can conclude the capacity of your inverter equipment, there is need to get the total load to be power by solar inverter. Then after that duration or autonomy for the inverter in case if there is no NEPA or generator. There comes the calculation
for the number of batteries to installed and solar panels. All these is require in getting the size of inverter equipment .. I will share some information on the recent inspection done on a recent completed project with someone. Serious issues to another issues .. it was a terrible nightmare for the owner
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 11:22am On Sep 10, 2023
I'm on full solar. The battery would be 4 years by January and I'm still getting the same output out of it.
I use the wet cell and top the water when low.
Don't use the battery beyond the 50% capacity. If you are using 12, 24 or 48 volt system, make sure it doesn't drop beyond that before recharge E.g for 24 v, it may read around 24.4 v during use and with heavy use, drop to 23.7 v before the sun can recharge it.
The battery won't last long with such usage. Either get more batteries or use appliances with low wattage. E.g the 10 watt cloud standing fan during the night.
The technicians should be able to advise the proper solar panel wattage suitable for a particular inverter kva and number of batteries so that the batteries are fully charged before sun down.
I use anything within the 2 kva capacity during the day and it doesn't affect the charging. It's mostly during the evening and night that the batteries are used in solar system. If I get a higher capacity inverter like 3kva, I would use iron with it during full sunny period.
You basically use anything within the inverter capacity for free during the day. The battery is just to store the charges for when the sunlight is no longer available. The system is cheaper and better on the long run. You get constant electric supply.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cash1115(m): 12:12pm On Sep 10, 2023
It's the ember months again and as is well known, most people are planning to move into their new homes before the new year arrives.
We, at His Grace Interior and Exterior Decoration, always have the interest of our clients at heart. Therefore, in a bid to relieve you and make it easier for you to complete your project this year, we're giving you 20% discount on all projects handled by us.
This is not only for our existing clients, it is also opened to new customers.
With this -ember months discount, you can get your p.o.p ceiling installed witout breaking the bank.
There will also be discounts on all our other services like
*Wall and deck screeding
*Pillars and Arc designs,
*Windows and doors design,
*Wall demarcation and skirting,
*Parapets screeding e.t.c
Contact us while offer last, for durable and pocket friendly service.
Reach us on +2347069462837 or at hisgraceinteriors@gmail.com
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 1:07pm On Sep 10, 2023
The ondo setup

Money well spent

Go green

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 1:26pm On Sep 10, 2023
This is what a friend did. What you're looking at is almost 7ml and according to him, he's totally off the grid. He has at least four (4) air conditioners.

All you need is the right information but solar works and works well

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Procarpenter: 1:44pm On Sep 10, 2023
Call or WhatsApp for your roofing carpenter and I install all kind of roofing sheet and my price is affordable contact me through my signature below.. just done check it out

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Bovijean: 2:58pm On Sep 10, 2023
Good day everyone
Been a while here
I’m still available for your POP designs
Ceilings,Wall units and wall panels,Screeding and more
WhatsApp 08144621992
Before meets after

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 3:52pm On Sep 10, 2023
XTRA POWER PRODUCTS AVAILABLE!!!

*SOLAR LIGHT
flood light
XTSLF-200W 39,500

*Xtrapower tubular battery
12V 220Ah battery 150,000

*SOLAR PANEL (high efficiency real wattage rate)
280W (black frame)- 73,000
380W (white frame)- 93,000
140W - 43,000
460W - 115,000

*HIGH FREQUENCY INVERTER
48V 5KVA WITH 80A MPPT
(high PV voltage 500V) -500,000

*MPPT Solar Charge Controller

12/24/36/48V 60A- 98,000
12/24/36/48 100A - 140,000
12/24/48V 100A - 160,000
12/24/36/48V 100A (water protection IP65) - 290,000

*INVERTERS | BATTERIES | SOLAR PANELS | CHARGE CONTROLLERS* | *SOLAR STREET LIGHT

*Standard product warranty applies.

For further enquiry & purchase;
Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL LINE::::: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: 081-703-85620

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Philipok: 3:52pm On Sep 10, 2023
Still available for ur quality art work design Whatsapp via 08165523784

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Godisgreatest1: 4:02pm On Sep 10, 2023
Godisgreatest1:
TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

Potential Fraudster alert!!

From a recent observation..

Please I will advice everyone to 'hold your pockets tight'!...not everyone that posts advices, solutions, recommendations or pictures on this thread or forum are what they claim to be. MOST OF THEM ARE NOT ENGINEERS NEITHER ARE THEY BUILDERS OR BUILDING CONSULTANTS..they have no idea in relation to building and construction..please I will advice:

(1) Before you contact anyone on this thread or forum please be 101% sure you have done your own private investigation. You may be dealing with a yahoo Yahoo student behind a keyboard or a resident serial fraudster.

(2) Don't contact Mr A because Mr B contacted him and they had a 'perfect' dealing. There is something called 'organized crime', they may be playing to a script so do your own investigation.

(3) Some recently created accounts belong to already known 'famous' fraudsters. We made them popular, so they disguise in return to lure unsuspecting victims.

Be wise. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Gigaset: 4:48pm On Sep 10, 2023
Good day my fellow Nairalander, to all the engineers can someone explain to me the engineering behind this cantilever

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KelvinCoaster(m): 5:06pm On Sep 10, 2023
n3xt:
Good morning Nairaland!
Welcome back bro!

Hope you have settled all issues with Mr. Somehow?

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 6:07pm On Sep 10, 2023
gbadexy:

I have always been curious how pop cement and the fiber alone can hold the ceiling well. There's this fear that guypsum could dry out later and lose strength.
Not to just raise observation but to try to reason possible solution, I think the bond strength and flexibility would improve with addition of acrylic into the mix.
If there's no easy access to acrylic, vinko, top and all the other PVA binder may be used.
I've used this binders with regular cement and gypsum based cement and know for a fact they improve their strength and water resistance.
The more technically inclined may mix it with the gypsum and fillers and do cube crush test in comparison with the regular mix after a week drying.
Regular artisans may mix both on a ceiling with hook and try placing varying bricks tied together to see which withstands more load.
I think a video demonstration of this would convince the clients if successful of difference in total cost.

Is there any other part of the world apart from Africa where ceilings are held by ropes aka filas/fiber?

This is one thing that bothers me about POP and polysterene ceilings?

I have actually seen a video of a guy overseas using polystyrene ceilings but he used screws and washers to bind it to the ceiling woodwork/frame.

Can those fibers withstand vibration if this part of the world was earthquake prone?

Just wondering out aloud.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Valuepaints20(m): 6:13pm On Sep 10, 2023
Edakú

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 6:24pm On Sep 10, 2023
FEGEITOK:

Is there any other part of the world apart from Africa where ceilings are held by ropes aka filas/fiber?

I have actually seen a video of a guy overseas using polystyrene ceilings but he used screws and washers to bind it to the ceiling woodwork/frame.

Can those fibers withstand vibration if this part of the world was earthquake prone?

May God never allow us to experience it. The level of damage in Nigeria would be much worse at the same magnitude with ones experienced in other parts of the world.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Philipok: 6:45pm On Sep 10, 2023
Quality art work delivered.08165523784.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by emmyN(m): 6:52pm On Sep 10, 2023
Gigaset:
Good day my fellow Nairalander, to all the engineers can someone explain to me the engineering behind this cantilever

Looks like some beautiful nonsense.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 7:23pm On Sep 10, 2023
FEGEITOK:

People are using polystyrene here in Nigeria too
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by acorntree(m): 7:34pm On Sep 10, 2023
Born2conquer:
A neighbor spent over 2M on solar installation around 2 years ago, all the batteries are down and they've been required to cough out around 800k for a new set of batteries.

This is my reservation with Solar.

The installer might have bought fake batteries for the setup. The most unreliable part of any solar setup is the battery. Once you don't get high quality deep cycle lead acid battery, just forget it, you won't enjoy the solar . That's why people are now going for lithium batteries,those once are more reliable

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 8:02pm On Sep 10, 2023
FEGEITOK:

Most POP ceilings are anchored with binding wire not just the fiber rope. They always use screw nails to hold them once dry
Unless someone who is out to do a shady job.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abudu2000(m): 8:05pm On Sep 10, 2023
n3xt:

My kids and I had a chat on Tesla powerwall yesterday. They told me “Dad! Take guesswork out of your decision making process. Buy yourself peace of mind by owning a property in an area where there’s uninterrupted power supply.”

They said this when they visit me in one of my project site where there’s five nines guaranteed electricity uptime.

Every marketer will do anything to sell you their solution but right now I’d rather pay to have 99.999% electricity than to keep carrying out experimentation.

My kids are saying “Dad! Say Goodbye to Guesswork and Say Hello to Certainty!”

============

I know someone here that invested heavily on alternative energy. To my utmost dismay, he could barely get up to 3 hours from the millions of Naira investment.

I know someone will say he bought fake solution. That’s why I’m going with my kids advice 😂😂😂

Buy certainty!
very correct sir but these solar installers are too many online and they have deceived a substantial gullible ones that the sun that can’t even dry our laundries in the evening can power their acs and fridges. For me anything that can’t power ac, fridge and oven is nothing but a waste of time. Imagine after purifying 2.8m on an installation i will still be looking for 500k for a generator then i rather settle for the generator then. Solar are not reliable. Rven my neighbors own with all the panels on his roof still the bulbs look so dim at night and when I wake up around 4pm to check the bulbs have gone out. Solar na nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abudu2000(m): 8:10pm On Sep 10, 2023
michlins:
This is what a friend did. What you're looking at is almost 7ml and according to him, he's totally off the grid. He has at least four (4) air conditioners.

All you need is the right information but solar works and works well
baba calm down this all these lies i was just at one shop at VI with my wife to get her a phone and i asked the lady why the ac is off and she said the solar cant power it. There were 6battries on the floor and i was wondering if 6 batteries can power an ordinary ac then what was it built for ? Charging phones only? Spending millions to charge just a phone?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Born2conquer: 8:12pm On Sep 10, 2023
acorntree:

The installer might have bought fake batteries for the setup. The most unreliable part of any solar setup is the battery. Once you don't get high quality deep cycle lead acid battery, just forget it, you won't enjoy the solar . That'xs why people are now going for lithium batteries,those once are more reliable
I think another factor is also that the electricity is non-existent in our side so my neighbor rely fully on the solar system for the day to day running of the house which includes the regular house appliances.

I think one of the advise I got from today's contribution is that instead of budgeting those millions for Solar System, why not kuku build the house in an area where stable electricity is guaranteed? May God help us jare.

I go to my abandoned duplex almost every month and the motivation to complete the fittings is not just there since the electricity in the estate is bad and that's also why I asked Twinskenny to give me some sort of pricee range on what that his last project cost.

May God help uz
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 8:15pm On Sep 10, 2023
Abudu2000:
baba calm down this all these lies i was just at one shop at VI with my wife to get her a phone and i asked the lady why the ac is off and she said the solar cant power it. There were 6battries on the floor and i was wondering if 6 batteries can power an ordinary ac then what was it built for ? Charging phones only? Spending millions to charge just a phone?
ok. If it makes you happy, believe it.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 8:20pm On Sep 10, 2023
Here's what I will advise you to do, before investing in solar, make an energy audit of your appliances.

Then build your set up using the required energy needs. You can not need 10kva and set up something of 7kva and then come on the Internet and argue if solar works.

Solar powers cities. Cities with industrial complexes

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abudu2000(m): 8:32pm On Sep 10, 2023
michlins:
ok. If it makes you happy, believe it.

goodnight.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 8:57pm On Sep 10, 2023
n3xt:

Moore of Lekki 💯

You are back here again to resume your modus operandi?

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by wineconnoisseur: 9:13pm On Sep 10, 2023
Please house I will be glad if anyone can advise me on what to do. I live here in Ikota Lekki in a rented house but I have 1 acre dry land at the back of yotomi estate at ofada/ owode egba side that I bought long time ago and now worth 2.5m per plot. I’m not used to living in an undeveloped area because of security reasons although there are many underdeveloped estates around my land and good road network. My problem now is that I don’t know if I should go develop my land or use that money I was supposed to use to develop my land to buy another land here on island and leave it till I have resources to build it, because the price of this land on island will build a palatable 6 bedroom duplex on my land at ofada. I’m just confused which one to go for because I can’t keep living in a rented house and my work doesn’t stop me from living anywhere because I’m self employed and own my business.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3467) (3468) (3469) (3470) (3471) (3472) (3473) ... (3669) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ray48, twinskenny(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.