Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,135 members, 7,835,808 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:18 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3469) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4443518 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3466) (3467) (3468) (3469) (3470) (3471) (3472) ... (3678) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by HitRun(m): 3:05pm On Sep 09, 2023
Born2conquer:
A neighbor spent over 2M on solar installation around 2 years ago, all the batteries are down and they've been required to cough out around 800k for a new set of batteries.

This is my reservation with Solar.

The problem we have is that people just want to install solar; nobody talks about the design.

If you want to build a house, at the barest minimum, you get an architectural drawing and a builder to build the house. Why don’t you just look for a Mason and say, “abeg come build 3 bedroom flat for me?” But when it comes to solar, we just get an installer who tells you to get 6 panels, 2 batteries, this inverter or that charge controller, and boom, you have solar in your house. 6months it has packed up.

People, there is something call design for f**ksake! Get a professional to make a design for you. Then you may invite an installer and give them the specifications.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rany4all(m): 3:21pm On Sep 09, 2023
Abudu2000:
solar na nonsense, they are being hyped by those installers. Whats the use of something that can’t carry ac or fridge
Solar can power cities Sir. Depends on what you can afford.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rany4all(m): 3:29pm On Sep 09, 2023
Born2conquer:
A neighbor spent over 2M on solar installation around 2 years ago, all the batteries are down and they've been required to cough out around 800k for a new set of batteries.

Getting the right products and the right specs for the load you intend to power, coupled with sensible usage can make it last much longer sir...but you must also bear it in mind that there is no man-made power system that can last forever without maintenance or replacement from time to time.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dongc(m): 4:04pm On Sep 09, 2023
CDG1:
We don't disrespect our customers or prospects and we don't expect same,if you want to buy from us:We will be happy to serve you the best way possible,you will need to cooperate with us.
Thank you.

Do you mean asking you to put price out which creates a form of transparency is disrespect ?
You are publicly advertising products one asks for price you say dm ? Asking you to put it out is an offense? You are not serious...ok. bye

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 5:33pm On Sep 09, 2023
Job Done!!
Another Successful Installation of Water Collectors ( Rain Gutters)

Site Location: Ikorodu Lagos State

Colour: Black

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imYeEtAum_I?si=2OMyZl9uQVqiQd0P

Kindly promote us by sharing

To get the Cost of the Rain guter for this Building Call/WhatsApp 08085310359

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 5:35pm On Sep 09, 2023
Men @ Work.. Another Roofing Project Going on @ Ikorodu Lagos State

Roof Design :Steptiles Design
Colour:Traffic Black
Guage: 0.45mm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuMgghBWW6k?si=BrLrTytOt0Ra_EAD

To get the Cost that Roofed this Building Call/WhatsApp 08085310359

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 6:38pm On Sep 09, 2023
Rany4all:
Solar can power cities Sir. Depends on what you can afford.
as in eh. Too many solar farms powering industrial layouts and cities. But someone thinks it can not power few air conditioners

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cjfbn: 6:39pm On Sep 09, 2023
Born2conquer:

I am on my third year and my batteries are still working.
It depends on the quality of batteries he is using.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cjfbn: 6:40pm On Sep 09, 2023
Abudu2000:
solar na nonsense, they are being hyped by those installers. Whats the use of something that can’t carry ac or fridge
It's not nonsense.
Mine carries my deep freezer and fridge at the same time.
It depends on what you installed.
Solar is the way to go.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Winniealfred1(f): 6:50pm On Sep 09, 2023
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 7:59pm On Sep 09, 2023
HitRun:

The problem we have is that people just want to install solar; nobody talks about the design.

If you want to build a house, at the barest minimum, you get an architectural drawing and a builder to build the house. Why don’t you just look for a Mason and say, “abeg come build 3 bedroom flat for me?” But when it comes to solar, we just get an installer who tells you to get 6 panels, 2 batteries, this inverter or that charge controller, and boom, you have solar in your house. 6months it has packed up.

People, there is something call design for f**ksake! Get a professional to make a design for you. Then you may invite an installer and give them the specifications.

Can’t agree less
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 8:00pm On Sep 09, 2023
Born2conquer:

How much did this cost? Can you just give a rough estimate?
Of the entire project??

Good evening
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 8:02pm On Sep 09, 2023
Born2conquer:

Hehehee

When you don’t do it right then you run into problem?

What type of batteries?
How is the system managed?

Getting a right equipment cost
A fortune but if you cut corners it will result in this kind of story sir…
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 8:05pm On Sep 09, 2023
Presently in Osogbo

Securing the perimeter of this house..

Sharp image cctv with online view

This setup is been powered by a 1.5kva solar inverter system. ( not cheap )

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Born2conquer: 8:09pm On Sep 09, 2023
twinskenny:

Of the entire project??

Good evening
Yes chief, of the ones you listed.
The solar, automation and co with the fittings
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 8:41pm On Sep 09, 2023
Okpala Imo state called and I delivered. No long stories or calls

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 9:38pm On Sep 09, 2023
Construction of this gate is ongoing

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Reeefe(m): 10:45pm On Sep 09, 2023
This solar issue is still unclear I agree with born2conquer opinion in the solar issue, because i have read all the quote to his message and they keep saying if u use "the right equipment " why can't u all just go straight to say what u can vouch for? or even the professionals are gambling it?
I have neighbors with over 17 panels on roof baba dey turn on gen sometimes. my personal opinion on this solar stuff is, it's good but not as sustainable as the generator or the general power supply.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Trippledots(m): 11:17pm On Sep 09, 2023
Reeefe:
This solar issue is still unclear I agree with born2conquer opinion in the solar issue, because i have read all the quote to his message and they keep saying if u use "the right equipment " why can't u all just go straight to say what u can vouch for? or even the professionals are gambling it?
I have neighbors with over 17 panels on roof baba dey turn on gen sometimes. my personal opinion on this solar stuff is, it's good but not as sustainable as the generator or the general power supply.

A typical solar design has 3 basic parts:
1. Energy generation ( that is the solar panels)
2. Energy storage ( that is the battery)
3. Energy usage ( that is your electrical load)

All of these must be taken into consideration in designing a robust solar setup.

The problem is that the primary source of energy which is the sun is not stable; it rises and sets, there are cloud covers, rainy season etc.

So if we have all your energy usage factored in, then we estimate an energy storage with atleast 2 days autonomy, this will affect the number of panels needed to service such energy demand and before you know it, the cost is prohibitive.

That's why you need an experienced installer who can make very educated guesses and estimates and also you as the user has to be mindful of how you use it not to waste the captured energy.

I use solar, I install solar, I worked as a solar engineer with a company for years, so trust me when I say solar works.

10 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by CDG1(m): 11:20pm On Sep 09, 2023
If you go about telling people Oga paste price then it's ur style but I don't welcome such language.
dongc:

Do you mean asking you to put price out which creates a form of transparency is disrespect ?
You are publicly advertising products one asks for price you say dm ? Asking you to put it out is an offense? You are not serious...ok. bye
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by CDG1(m): 11:21pm On Sep 09, 2023
Thanks looking at 28 per bag
Reeefe:

at 35 blocks per bag 30 ton sand should give u 1300 to 1400 6" blocks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by CDG1(m): 11:27pm On Sep 09, 2023
I'm looking for a Cement dealer that can supply up to 10,000 bags around Ilaro road, Papalanto, Ogun State
The site location is about 4 kms away from the Lafarge round about, Ilaro Jn.
My offer price is #4100-4400
Kindly call or what'sApp me on 07026691840
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 12:15am On Sep 10, 2023
segcymoor:
Pilling setting out with theodolite instrument for accuracy

MOORE -DESIGNBUILD LTD
...we do structures right

Moore of Lekki 💯
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 12:16am On Sep 10, 2023
Horlardorjah:
Good evening @everyone
Trust we all having a good day.
Don't forget that we are on standby for your building services.
Cheers

Nice one bro👍

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 12:19am On Sep 10, 2023
CDG1:
I'm looking for a Cement dealer that can supply up to 10,000 bags around Ilaro road, Papalanto, Ogun State

If you get anyone to deliver at N4500 per bag, please don’t hesitate to share his/her contact.

T for thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 2:52am On Sep 10, 2023
n3xt:

If you get anyone to deliver at N4500 per bag, please don’t hesitate to share his/her contact.

T for thanks

Happy new year
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cash1115(m): 2:58am On Sep 10, 2023
It's the ember months again and as is well known, most people are planning to move into their new homes before the new year arrives.
We, at His Grace Interior and Exterior Decoration, always have the interest of our clients at heart. Therefore, in a bid to relieve you and make it easier for you to complete your project this year, we're giving you 20% discount on all projects handled by us.
This is not only for our existing clients, it is also opened to new customers.
With this -ember months discount, you can get your p.o.p ceiling installed witout breaking the bank.
There will also be discounts on all our other services like
*Wall and deck screeding
*Pillars and Arc designs,
*Windows and doors design,
*Wall demarcation and skirting,
*Parapets screeding e.t.c
Contact us while offer last, for durable and pocket friendly service.
Reach us on +2347069462837 or at hisgraceinteriors@gmail.com
Or visit our website on our signature

N.B: Terms and Conditions applied.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by nasskar(m): 3:32am On Sep 10, 2023
CDG1:
how much is current price of cement
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nero2424: 4:13am On Sep 10, 2023
Born2conquer:

Tell your neighbor to buy Tesla battery.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nero2424: 4:17am On Sep 10, 2023
n3xt:

Moore of Lekki 💯
Is this the original real n3xt? shocked
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 4:44am On Sep 10, 2023
Nero2424:

Tell your neighbor to buy Tesla battery.
Except it has 10 years warranty, then I would consider it cost effective.
At about $9k, Tesla battery is pricey for an average solar set up in Nigeria homes.

If he spends #800k every 2 years, he will have to spend that amount at 10 different times to get to #8M ($9k). So that would be in 20 years.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Horlardorjah(m): 6:52am On Sep 10, 2023
n3xt:

Nice one bro👍

Thank you chief

(1) (2) (3) ... (3466) (3467) (3468) (3469) (3470) (3471) (3472) ... (3678) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: twinskenny(m), rotecch77(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.