Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:08 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3472) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4389343 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3469) (3470) (3471) (3472) (3473) (3474) (3475) ... (3667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Godisgreatest1: 3:57pm On Sep 11, 2023
The cycle continues...

The 'Resident serial fraudster/Yahoo boy' has resurfaced with the usual 'long epistles' and 'colorful pictures' but with Zero knowledge of building and construction.

With false pretence, he will lure you to part with your hard earned money typical of what an internet fraudster is good at.

Do your research carefully.

DON'T BE DECEIVED BY WHAT YOU SEE OR READ HERE!!

YOU WILL BE DUPED!!

DON'T LET YOUR STORY END IN TEARS.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 4:26pm On Sep 11, 2023
n3xt:

About N7m with installation and this was shared between 150 houses.

The solution was to find a permanent fix to low current as at that time.

Right now, I’ve pen down some estates where I can get guaranteed 24/7 electricity in Lagos to get an apartment.

With N30 - N35m, I can get a nice 1-bed in any of those estates and I’d never have to worry about doing calculus or using a particular type of bulb or fittings.

I want to live in an environment where I won’t need to start doing Algebra because I want to sip hot coffee or take an ice cream. I just want to press the on button on my kettle without having to ask Musa if he has switch over to NEPA 😂😂😂

This is just me!

We’ve built house like everyone else so no one to impress.
Now is the time to enjoy life and to stop living like a micromanager 😂😂

========
Good morning boss @somehow I no see you before o!

@kingdemu , special regards to you baba! My condition get as e be!
If you were buying a 1 bedroom apartment for #35M for the convenience of electricity , would you have owned a place ( duplex), you can call home for and your family by now?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 5:05pm On Sep 11, 2023
sonnie10:

If you were buying a 1 bedroom apartment for #35M for the convenience of electricity , would you have owned a place ( duplex), you can call home for and your family by now?

A plot of land cost about N150m in one of the estates I have in mind and a standard 4 bed duplex is around N220 million+

My kids have grown up so I no longer need to babysit them.

My countryhome is intact with Generator, Solar, Inverter and all sorts but it does not afford me the kind of lifestyle I want right now.

I want to sip my hot coffee under chilling AC in the morning and take my cold Pepsi cola while working on my laptop in the afternoon without doing mental sum on reducing load or doing permutations on when to do what 😂😂😂

What I need right now is a place to cool my head and that place doesn’t have to be built by me.
If God permits, I can also build apartments for letting in those estates.

You’ll agree with me that many of the people living abroad didn’t buy their choice house the first day they got to their destination. They started in small cribs like I posited above.

Anyway, this is just what I feel I need right now and it shouldn’t be accepted as standard of living for anyone else.

Anyday, anytime a good location is a winner for me!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Godisgreatest1: 6:28pm On Sep 11, 2023
Don't be Deceived by a serial fraudster and his acquaintance behind a keyboard.

It is a trap to steal from the gullible.

Do your research on this same platform.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gigdfhjjhvc: 6:46pm On Sep 11, 2023
twinskenny:

Yes na the idea actually

Confam
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 6:57pm On Sep 11, 2023
n3xt:

Anyday, anytime a good location is a winner for me!

You desperately need a new catch?

Unfortunately I will be your last one on this forum because I won't let this slide.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by SurveyorGeo: 7:18pm On Sep 11, 2023
Beat the Rush!

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cash1115(m): 8:10pm On Sep 11, 2023
It's the ember months again and as is well known, most people are planning to move into their new homes before the new year arrives.
We, at His Grace Interior and Exterior Decoration, always have the interest of our clients at heart. Therefore, in a bid to relieve you and make it easier for you to complete your project this year, we're giving you 20% discount on all projects handled by us.
This is not only for our existing clients, it is also opened to new customers.
With this -ember months discount, you can get your p.o.p ceiling installed witout breaking the bank.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dannie007(m): 8:40pm On Sep 11, 2023
Most Solar and Inverter Users in Nigeria don't know how to Maintain Batteries of their Systems. Is Best to Install a BLS (Battery Life Saver) device to the Batteries this helps to store Charge that keeps the Battery alive instead of being Empty and Goes Off. Once Batteries go empty regularly the reduces the Life Cycle of the Battery. Battery is suppose to Last 10 Years and above with good Management.

michlins:
how can someone talk ignorantly with so much pride.

If you don't know,try lithium ion batteries for durable batteries and if you buy enough, you can easily iron your clothes and ac
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 8:41pm On Sep 11, 2023
dannie007:
Most Solar and Inverter Users in Nigeria don't know how to Maintain Batteries of their Systems. Is Best to Install a BSL device to the Batteries this helps to store Charge that keeps the Battery alive instead of being Empty and Goes Off.

it's actually how proud people are with their ignorance sef
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 8:59pm On Sep 11, 2023
Loading of Stone coated To Igbo Efon Lekki Lagos State

Call/WhatsApp 08085310359
Customers satisfaction is our watch word

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcF-v16h310?si=zY0QnG1E6EXawZhh

Kindly promote us by sharing this post. share it now

MILANO ( BLACK )

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 10:25pm On Sep 11, 2023
GOOD EVENING HOUSE, ADEDWARD ADEDWARD ADEDWARD ,GET UR WINDOWS ALUMINUM CASEMENT AND SLIDING DONE WITH US , WE ARE CURRENT PREPARE
FOR INSTALLATION,

LOCATION IBADAN
BY NAIRALANDER
COLOR :GREY COLOR
TOWER MATERIALS
5MM BLACK GLASS
VIBIR NETS

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dannie007(m): 10:32pm On Sep 11, 2023
Abeakuta HDF Flush Doors Completed!!

Thanks Mr.Quadri for the Trust and Patronage.

Contact Us for Your Quality HDF Doors.

OX Furniture

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Kingdemu: 11:48pm On Sep 11, 2023
dannie007:
Most Solar and Inverter Users in Nigeria don't know how to Maintain Batteries of their Systems. Is Best to Install a BSL device to the Batteries this helps to store Charge that keeps the Battery alive instead of being Empty and Goes Off. Once Batteries go empty regularly the reduces the Life Cycle of the Battery. Battery is suppose to Ladt 10 Years with good Management.

You mean a BMS?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 1:55am On Sep 12, 2023
Kingdemu:
You mean a BMS?

Battery Management System

Different Terminologies 😂
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 2:01am On Sep 12, 2023
I’m currently in an estate where electricity hasn’t gone off for 3 hours in the last 4 months in this same Nigeria.

The people living inside that estate aren’t better than me.

I’m not interested in knowing how it works or bore myself with different terminologies. I just want to pay for comfort living

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by iammarvellux(m): 5:54am On Sep 12, 2023
🎊🎈 *HOME AWAITS YOU AT THE FAST-SELLING LEKKI PRIDE II ESTATE 📣 CHOOSE EITHER THE SEMI FINISHED OR FINISHED UNITS* 🏡🚀🔥

Lekki Pride Phase II is still selling and the estate is nearing completing with rapid development 😃🏡

The estate which offers Duplexes tailored to meet your highest standards, with excellently designed luxury homes, that brings comfort, luxury and appreciation overtime now has 2 housing options for you.

You can now choose to purchase either the semi-finished units available or the fully finished unit.

*AVAILABLE UNITS*

*_2Bedroom Terrace Duplex+BQ_*
👉*Semi finished - *N62,000,000* (Outright)
👉*Finished*- *N69,000,000* (Outright)

*_3Bedroom Semi Detached Duplex+BQ_*
👉 *Semi-finished* - *N69,5000,000* (Outright)
👉*Finished* -*85,000,000* (Outright)

*_3Bedroom Terrace Duplex+BQ_*
👉 *Semi-finished*-*N66,000,000* (Outright)
👉 *Finished*- *N75,000,000* (Outright)

*_4Bedroom Semi Detached Duplex+BQ_*
👉 *Semi-finished* - *N95,000,000* (Outright)
👉 *Finished*- *N110,000,000* (Outright)

*Initial Deposit-*
*N10,000,000🔥🔥🔥*

*PAYMENT PLAN* Available on all building type upto 12months.

*ESTATE FEATURES*
• Electric Fencing
• Security Gatehouse
• Management Office Building
• Cinema House
• Recreational Centre
• Solar Powered Streetlights
• CCTV Surveillance Cameras
• Estate Gym
• Smart Home Features and so much more!

*NEAREST LANDMARKS*
LEKKI PRIDE ESTATE II shares proximity with;
• Ajiwe Police Station,
• Agofure Motor Park,
• Abraham Adesanya Roundabout
• Eti Osa Maternal Centre

*TITLE* Governors Consent

*LOCATION* Ogombo Road by Abraham Adesanya Roundabout, Lekki-Epe Expressway.

*LEKKI PRIDE ESTATE, feel The Pride In Comfort…...*

For inquiries and inspection bookings, please call or whatsaapp Mr Emmanuel on +2348038781738 Now

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by iammarvellux(m): 5:57am On Sep 12, 2023

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dannie007(m): 5:58am On Sep 12, 2023
Kingdemu:
You mean a BMS?

BLS it's a small Device just like a Capacitor connected to the battery terminals it stores Charge that keeps the Battery Alive

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Kingdemu: 6:04am On Sep 12, 2023
dannie007:

BLS it's a small Device just like a Capacitor connected to the battery terminals it stores Charge that keeps the Battery Alive
Oh, I get it. Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 6:45am On Sep 12, 2023
sonnie10:

Most POP ceilings are anchored with binding wire not just the fiber rope. They always use screw nails to hold them once dry
Unless someone who is out to do a shady job.

Well, thanks for this.

My question is how is the binding wire securely attached to the POP? I understand how the binding wire is securely attached to the wood framework.

Is it structurally sound?

Good to know they use screw nails to hold them.

POP is already dry before it is mounted, it is never mounted wet or is it?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 6:48am On Sep 12, 2023
topsy23:

People are using polystyrene here in Nigeria too

I agree.

My issue is that I am not sure that in Nigeria they use screws to connect it to the wood framework, I think they use fibers and binding wire.

Now I am having difficulty understanding how both can hold the polystyrene securely in place.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 7:14am On Sep 12, 2023
SPARINGLY USED 1500w 24v hybrid inverter!

SMK 1500w 24v (inbuilt programmable 100a charging current) . Lithium battery compatible pure sinewave wall mount inverter.

Condition: 2 months used . Super clean. Intact 10 months product warranty. Owner selling due to relocation. Carton & manual intact & available!

PRICE: 150k

For further enquiry & purchase;
Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL LINE::::: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: 081-703-85620

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Godisgreatest1: 7:28am On Sep 12, 2023
Good morning to the well-meaning people with legitimate source if income.

DON'T BE DECIEVED BY THE LIES OF SOME FRAUDSTERS HERE ON THIS THREAD.

PETTY LIERS AND THEIR TALES LIKE:

(1) I have interest in an estate worth #150M per plot.

(2) I'm in an estate with less than 3 hours interrupted power supply.

Yet you CANNOT salvage #100K from your account to refund as part of the millions you stole from people.

Story.

11 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 7:49am On Sep 12, 2023
Ignorance is bliss.

Even in America the hottest property today is property that has an alternative energy (read that to mean renewable component) integrated into the building of the city from the ground up.

Note, I did not say integrated into a particular building, I said integrated into the town or the settlement from the ground up, from inception.

It is so funny to watch people speak on something with so much authority when they know little to nothing about it or next to nothing about it.

Even in America people have issues with utility power going down. Not so much as in Nigeria though. And even in almighty America and the forward thinking California they had to set up this project?

There are people who want 247 electricity but do not believe in fossil fuels.

They are people who want 247 electricity but believe in doing it with the least environment footprint

Why would a place like California launch the first all-electric, solar and battery powered microgrid community?

Why did the US Department of Energy (DOE) get involved in the project?

These guys wanted power even during extreme weather events which is the primary reason for power outages in America.

They also realized that due to climate change those extreme weather events are a more common occurrence hence more power outages.

Why did the DOE invest some $61 million in this kind of projects.

Continue being backwards, we will move into the future.

We will welcome you when you finally catch up with the times

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cash1115(m): 7:53am On Sep 12, 2023
It's the ember months again and as is well known, most people are planning to move into their new homes before the new year arrives.
We, at His Grace Interior and Exterior Decoration, always have the interest of our clients at heart. Therefore, in a bid to relieve you and make it easier for you to complete your project this year, we're giving you 20% discount on all projects handled by us.
This is not only for our existing clients, it is also opened to new customers.
With this -ember months discount, you can get your p.o.p ceiling installed witout breaking the bank.
There will also be discounts on all our other services like
*Wall and deck screeding
*Pillars and Arc designs,
*Windows and doors design,
*Wall demarcation and skirting,
*Parapets screeding e.t.c
Contact us while offer last, for durable and pocket friendly service.
Reach us on +2347069462837 or at hisgraceinteriors@gmail.com
Or visit our website on our signature

N.B: Terms and Conditions applied.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 9:30am On Sep 12, 2023
Shot well taken. It’s a while I do this but here’s the thing:

The future started yesterday and we are already late.

You might need to read this https://hbr.org/2021/06/the-dark-side-of-solar-power to get some gist about the solution you have with you.

In the 2000s, iPhone 3G was a terrific smartphone but you won’t buy it for $20 today.

Personally, I won’t use an economy (US and China for instance) that depends on government subsidies (now over $15bn) and tax credits to help renewable energy sector compete fairly in the market to determine viability of a project/solution. Neither will I buy because everyone is buying.

I’m future thinking guy and I don’t see myself investing in a solution because some American migrant hyped it. No pun intended.

I’ll only buy a solution that:

1. the installation cost is relatively cheap and affordable for all according to the UN Sustainable Development Goal.
2. is highly reliable and won’t require a backup source of energy for those days that just aren’t that sunny.
3. won’t eat significant amount of space in my house just to house equipments.

I won’t buy an unattractive solution because of market hype regardless of where it’s coming from.

There’s a good reason why smart investors shun solar stocks. It’s because they’ve seen beyond the hype.

I just want to buy a property in a location where I can get 247 electricity without worries.

That’s just me!

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by acorntree(m): 10:11am On Sep 12, 2023
dannie007:
Most Solar and Inverter Users in Nigeria don't know how to Maintain Batteries of their Systems. Is Best to Install a BLS (Battery Life Saver) device to the Batteries this helps to store Charge that keeps the Battery alive instead of being Empty and Goes Off. Once Batteries go empty regularly the reduces the Life Cycle of the Battery. Battery is suppose to Last 10 Years and above with good Management.

This is only if you buy high quality battery. Most Deep cycle Batteries don't last more than 4 yrs with heavy usage.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 10:13am On Sep 12, 2023
“ Property section”. U go explain tired no evidence”
I beg let me go for my daily 2k jaree

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by acorntree(m): 10:16am On Sep 12, 2023
n3xt:
Shot well taken. It’s a while I do this but here’s the thing:

The future started yesterday and we are already late.

You might need to read this https://hbr.org/2021/06/the-dark-side-of-solar-power to get some gist about the solution you have with you.

In the 2000s, iPhone 3G was a terrific smartphone but you won’t buy it for $20 today.

Personally, I won’t use an economy (US and China for instance) that depends on government subsidies (now over $15bn) and tax credits to help renewable energy sector compete fairly in the market to determine viability of a project/solution. Neither will I buy because everyone is buying.

I’m future thinking guy and I don’t see myself investing in a solution because some American migrant hyped it. No pun intended.

I’ll only buy a solution that:

1. the installation cost is relatively cheap and affordable for all according to the UN Sustainable Development Goal.
2. is highly reliable and won’t require a backup source of energy for those days that just aren’t that sunny.
3. won’t eat significant amount of space in my house just to house equipments.

I won’t buy an unattractive solution because of market hype regardless of where it’s coming from.

There’s a good reason why smart investors shun solar stocks. It’s because they’ve seen beyond the hype.

I just want to buy a property in a location where I can get 247 electricity without worries.

That’s just me!

Is anything stable , reliable in this country? Don't be fool, 247 electricity is a mirage here. Build your home where you will be happy to live not because of this flimsy excuse. Equip your home with any affordable renewable energy and enjoy your life

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Kk0nsults: 10:19am On Sep 12, 2023
Contact for your Contemporary Architectural Design

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Amoscarlee: 10:40am On Sep 12, 2023
Hp Ultrabook Core i5, 3rd Gen
8gRam/500g Hd
Follow come charger
3hrs/25min backup
Price #105k
Location Egbeda
Contact 08038416924

(1) (2) (3) ... (3469) (3470) (3471) (3472) (3473) (3474) (3475) ... (3667) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.