Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,755 members, 7,831,420 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:29 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3496) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4433813 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3493) (3494) (3495) (3496) (3497) (3498) (3499) ... (3676) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MeineMutter: 12:15am On Oct 03, 2023
michlins:
3500 is factory price. When you add transportion(1100/l of diesel) plus warehousing and profit, expect around 4200 to 4500.

Someone made an in depth analysis of the whole thing

The report said ‘ex-factory’ price.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 1:33am On Oct 03, 2023
The price reduction is real. We bought 250 bags yesterday at #3950 delivered to site

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 1:36am On Oct 03, 2023
sonnie10:
The price reduction is real. We bought 250 bags yesterday at #3950 delivered to site
which state or city is this ?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by buzzy1(m): 1:37am On Oct 03, 2023
Why not considered Tuase Technical Services for your next and ongoing projects for the master's and expertise touch. Delivering Excellence is our goal
#Electricity #Power #Lighting #Installation #Design #Engineer #Construction[img][/img][img][/img]

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by buzzy1(m): 1:40am On Oct 03, 2023
Are you a landlord and you are having issues with your tenants on how to share the monthly energy bills in a multitenant building or how to share prepaid unit you buy monthly?
Are you a tenant that feels you are paying more than the energy you consume in a month?
I have a solution for you. What you need is a check meter.

We have the proven expertise to conduct in-depth feasibility studies for the apartment or site to provide solution on how to share electricity between Landlords and/or tenants to determine their individual consumptions in Multi-Tenanted buildings, shopping malls and complexes, offices etc. the Landlord will also be able to collect all tenants energy bills easily and pay off the bills on the master meter (MD) or prepaid meter

#TTS offers you best solution

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by folmus: 2:47am On Oct 03, 2023
sonnie10:

Good news!

Time to resume abandoned projects.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 6:49am On Oct 03, 2023
Luu40:

In my place here, Argungu, Kebbi State, we buy it at the rate of 4,300 to 4,400/bag. I even bought 4 and half bags yesterday. I don't know whether its because of our proximity to Sokoto state.

On seeing this announcement later in the day by BUA, I am hoping ours around here won't even reach the N3,500 price.

I don't think the price would be less than ₦3,500 sir
Regardless of the location.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by walexProjects(m): 6:55am On Oct 03, 2023
#Mechanical
#Electrical
#Plumbing

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Godisgreatest1: 7:09am On Oct 03, 2023
MANY MONIKERS BUT THE SAME OLD FRAUDSTER.

GOOD MORNING ALL,

SOME FRAUDSTERS WAKE UP EVERY MORNING TO SEE IF THERE BAIT HAS CAUGHT A FISH.

DONT BE THE FISH.

A SIMPLE SEARCH USING THE SEARCH BAR WILL TELL YOU A LOT ABOUT A THIEF YOU ARE THINKING IS A PROFESSIONAL.

DON'T BE DECEIVED BY THE UNSOLICITED ADVICE COMING FROM A WELL KNOWN CROOK.

HAPPY NEW DAY.

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Aforxzy(f): 7:45am On Oct 03, 2023
Happy new month everyone. God bless our hustles

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Aforxzy(f): 8:11am On Oct 03, 2023
It is impossible for a beam to span without any support..

However, the support can be only at one end of the beam(cantilever beam), at the two ends (simply supported beams) or at other multiple places (continous beam)

These supports can be in the form of column(s), beam(s), a combination of column and beam or even load bearing walls as found in lintels. Supports can be fixed, hinged , pinned etc.

From your picture, the beam is simply supported on a column at one end and a beam on the other end.

No BEAM is UNSUPPORTED, Even Ground beams are supported on either the earth or piles.

n3xt:
Preparing our third 8.5m unsupported beam 🌚

Isn’t God the greatest?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:28am On Oct 03, 2023
Aforxzy:

It is impossible for a beam to span without any support..

However, the support can be only at one end of the beam(cantilever beam), at the two ends (simply supported beams) or at other multiple places (continous beam)

These supports can be in the form of column(s), beam(s), a combination of column and beam or even load bearing walls as found in lintels. Supports can be fixed, hinged , pinned etc.

From your picture, the beam is simply supported on a column at one end and a beam on the other end.

No BEAM is UNSUPPORTED.

True! That’s why you’re Aforzy 🙏

We have 8.5m clear span supported at both ends.

Even the 16.1m beam in the existing structure had some very interesting diagonal (transfer) beams.

Thanks for sharing!

You matter 💯
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Aforxzy(f): 8:31am On Oct 03, 2023
I have designed several diagonal beams and columns as a structural Engineer.

n3xt:

True! That’s why you’re Aforzy 🙏

We have 8.5m clear span supported at both ends.

Even the 16.1m beam in the existing structure had some very interesting diagonal (transfer) beams.

Thanks for sharing!

You matter 💯

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:34am On Oct 03, 2023
[quote author=Aforxzy post=126166786][/quote]

I give it to the man who designed this structure.

Pics: Diagonal Beams

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:53am On Oct 03, 2023
Aforxzy:
I have designed several diagonal beams and columns as a structural Engineer.

Your difference makes a difference.

Beauty with brain 🧠

Have a great week ahead!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Born2conquer: 11:16am On Oct 03, 2023
Hello Family. I have 30 plots of land I would like to convert into an estate with proper designs like drainage systems, layout, fencing that would shield it out from the other area. Most importantly, the layouts, I want it to be way different from every other communities in the whole area.

Who do I reach out for the professional design? An architect or an estate surveyor? And how much would that cost.

NB: This is a long term goal
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by double3(m): 11:16am On Oct 03, 2023
n3xt:
The last time I sent N50k, I planned sending more fund but he said send what you have first as a commitment.

Later I saw a different post on brabus here and I was amazed.

The chats are there!
It's very simple....meet him one on one,tender an unreserved apology for failing to the terms of agreement u guys had. Make a commitment on how u intend to settle whatever that is left to be settled in terms of payment and whatsoever. Come on nairaland and inform the house u both have a MOU. Ignoring him and pretending as though nothing happened wouldn't work, blv it or not it's gonna dent what's left of ur image on this forum, nobody wish u bad brother

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ishadfurnitures: 11:22am On Oct 03, 2023
Chat me for a proper guild designs, bill of quantities and full total planning, sketching and construction 08099212590
Born2conquer:
Hello Family. I have 30 plots of land I would like to convert into an estate with proper designs like drainage systems, layout, fencing that would shield it out from the other area. Most importantly, the layouts, I want it to be way different from every other communities in the whole area.

Who do I reach out for the professional design? An architect or an estate surveyor? And how much would that cost.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 11:31am On Oct 03, 2023
double3:

It's very simple....meet him one on one,tender an unreserved apology for failing to the terms of agreement u guys had. Make a commitment on how u intend to settle whatever that is left to be settled in terms of payment and whatsoever. Come on nairaland and inform the house u both have a MOU. Ignoring him and pretending as though nothing happened wouldn't work, blv it or not it's gonna dent what's left of ur image on this forum, nobody wish u bad brother

Thanks bro!

I’m a very open person.

Unfortunately the forum is doing more harm than good and it’s not helping anyone (the client, the contractor or the project) on this matter.

When I say I’m going to do something, I’ll do it BUT what I don’t succumb to is cheap blackmails no matter where it’s coming from.

Thanks for your concern. You have influence!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 11:37am On Oct 03, 2023
GV by NextHome | Watch Us Build

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrbZSSYGH2E
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 44chux(m): 11:50am On Oct 03, 2023
ishadfurnitures:
Chat me for a proper guild designs, bill of quantities and full total planning, sketching and construction 08099212590

He asked 2 questions and you answered none.

I am generally suspicious of folks who try to corner forum members without first providing any sort of initial assistance

Born2conquer:

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 44chux(m): 12:01pm On Oct 03, 2023
Born2conquer:

The Estate Surveyor generally cover the administrative and business side of having an estate.
The architect designs the buildings and supporting infrastructure. The architect is also meant to supervise the civil/building engr. to ensure they don't deviate from the initial design

One question: Are you building to make a statement ?
OR
Are you building for business ?

There is a very good reason why people copy existing designs. Ship designs have not changed since the 1940s.
The popular mantra is: If it isn't broken, then don't fix it (unless one has deep pockets)

Building different-styled layout means you want something totally new to the locality. Getting the design is easy but during construction you might need to import ALL the workers for the job. Using local workers means they will use your project as their classroom, meaning costly mistakes.

Also you gave the impression of being new to building construction.
Building Estates are quite expensive ooo.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 12:01pm On Oct 03, 2023
Back in ibadan for the cabling of this project

Electrical
Cctv
Fire alarm
Video door bell

All smart.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by visaclick: 12:02pm On Oct 03, 2023
n3xt:
Visaclick, I’m planning to replicate the building below. The architectural drawings are ready. I hope you can do the 3D model of this structure for me 🌚

Just don’t charge me N5,000 per view.
nice drawing bro but funny enough I don’t take jobs on nairaland for a long time now especially drawings and the stupid dude that said I charged him 20k lol, look at his profile he was asking for a drawing audit or boq which was supposed to be a bongalow and i charged him 20k for it and I further asked him that if there’s a plan on ground, if no then we can negotiate further. He said I charged him 20k 😆😆. He is not even the one intending to build, now imagine the pride he is already displaying as a boy boy. What much does one expect to make from a bongalow.

If you need clients go on TikTok and get unlimited number of clients especially young tech millionaires getting into real estate. Na there we dey hustle now bro. Peace!!!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by walexProjects(m): 12:29pm On Oct 03, 2023
Born2conquer:

Good afternoon sir,
I'm down for the M&E consulting services
I have done something like this which was even shared on this platform.
The cold,waste and drainage piping will be properly taken care of.
What do you think about bio- digester system for the sewage?

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Born2conquer: 1:13pm On Oct 03, 2023
44chux:

The Estate Surveyor generally cover the administrative and business side of having an estate.
The architect designs the buildings and supporting infrastructure. The architect is also meant to supervise the civil/building engr. to ensure they don't deviate from the initial design

One question: Are you building to make a statement ?
OR
Are you building for business ?

There is a very good reason why people copy existing designs. Ship designs have not changed since the 1940s.
The popular mantra is: If it isn't broken, then don't fix it (unless one has deep pockets)

Building different-styled layout means you want something totally new to the locality. Getting the design is easy but during construction you might need to import ALL the workers for the job. Using local workers means they will use your project as their classroom, meaning costly mistakes.

Also you gave the impression of being new to building construction.
Building Estates are quite expensive ooo.
Thank you for you question, building for business. I won't be the one building the houses on the estate. I will probably own like at most 6 plots only while the rest would be sold out to interested residential builders.

The designs would just be covering the Layouts of where the roads, drainage, fence and co would be.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Ezenku(m): 1:16pm On Oct 03, 2023
Please Engineers in the house can someone give me estimate and cost to build 2 bedroom bungalow in Asaba.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Born2conquer: 1:16pm On Oct 03, 2023
walexProjects:

Good afternoon sir,
I'm down for the M&E consulting services
I have done something like this which was even shared on this platform.
The cold,waste and drainage piping will be properly taken care of.
What do you think about bio- digester system for the sewage?
For a 20plots? The layout, drainage system and co? 20 plots means the designs would contain how 20 people would comfortably behind their homes in a well designed estate.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by UC92: 1:18pm On Oct 03, 2023
Born2conquer:

The right thing to do is to engage a town planner to get the layout designs; drainage system, power/telecommunication lines, road networks, subdivision of plots etc. when that is done get a chartered architect to design the buildings.

NB: the planner must work with a survey plan. so the chain is more like from surveyor to planner then to architect.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 44chux(m): 3:22pm On Oct 03, 2023
UC92:

The right thing to do is to engage a town planner to get the layout designs; drainage system, power/telecommunication lines, road networks, subdivision of plots etc. when that is done get a chartered architect to design the buildings.

NB: the planner must work with a survey plan. so the chain is more like from surveyor to planner then to architect.

In my experience, the architect is the cost effective bridge to all these.

Registered Survey Plan is supposed to have been gotten immediately after acquisition.
This plan is then submitted to the architect who works with the town planning and others like registered structural engr., electrical engr etc up until the plan is approved.
Then you submit the approved plan to a quantity surveyor (if you think cost estimates are required)

I once submitted a building plan for approval myself. If you see protocol, you go fear FEAR.
Bring this , bring that, where is the coren registration of this and that (as if coren registration wasn't shown inside their stamps already). It was akin to going to a govt office for a request, and then refusing to pay bribe. My Structural Engr advised me to go through one of the office boys or through my engineer. I chose the later and the approval came out next day.

The architect will manage the co-ordination until approval is given.

Never let your person be at the mercy of civil servants. I am yet to meet a town planner running a wholly private practice
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Born2conquer: 4:36pm On Oct 03, 2023
UC92:

Thank you so much, this is exactly what we need. We already have the survey.

The town planner, those ones from the government or which.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 4:49pm On Oct 03, 2023
Oga Michilin, what do you think?

(1) (2) (3) ... (3493) (3494) (3495) (3496) (3497) (3498) (3499) ... (3676) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: raymondFirstborn(m), djaybaba and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.