Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,939 members, 7,835,130 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:26 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3518) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4441891 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3515) (3516) (3517) (3518) (3519) (3520) (3521) ... (3678) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 7:09am On Oct 25, 2023
double3:

Nah lagos people plenty here, our people in the east need to wake up and embrace online marketing strategies. Been over a week I requested for a pop installer located witin enugu for my project down there,till date not a single mention.
I'm in the East and I am a welder.

Give me your job(s)

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 7:12am On Oct 25, 2023
topsy23:
Good evening sir and ma, I will keep updating the group on the price of cables, Today Coleman increase price by 35% and presently the Coleman cable is more expensive than Nigerchin.. In this month of October Coleman increase price twice. Seriously, this situation is really affecting building industry.

God help us in this country
there has been increase in price of materials twice in the space of one week here. Like I no longer understand
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 7:17am On Oct 25, 2023

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:42am On Oct 25, 2023
walexProjects:

To be candid,No it isn't.
I will advise the client to go for split units where you have one indoor to one outdoor which reduces the total cost of the system.

But the final decision still resides with the client.

Yeah but it’s best to help them see things from the lens of pros.

As good as multi-split systems are in larger apartments where installations can prove to be very difficult, I still have my reservations on it for the following reasons:

1. Breakdown
If anything happen to the outdoor unit or any of the indoor units, it affects all. You can’t maintain/service the system individually.

2. Efficiency
I won’t compromise this for anything. Longer pipes reduces the efficiency of the system.

3. Cost
Multi-split systems will only make sense on projects where the cost of installing conventional split unit ACs will be higher than the cost of purchasing and installing a multi-split system.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:50am On Oct 25, 2023
rotecch77:

2 bedroom 8m
Only Ac 3m

I will never be poor

There’s always a price to pay for quality. If the thing dey, spend am 😂
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 9:01am On Oct 25, 2023
somehow:

Been away for a while now

Currently on a stopover.

There's a conditional Update on the quoted.

Waiting for the other party to act as agreed.

Update to come thereafter.

Thank you all so far for everything.

This is still pending.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 9:17am On Oct 25, 2023
michlins:
there has been increase in price of materials twice in the space of one week here. Like I no longer understand

Just tired of what is going on seriously.
ABB DISTRIBUTION BOARD 12-ways jump from =N=178,000 to =N=265,000 in the space of 5days

All quote sent out must be re validated... We can only give validity of one day now for all the quote...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bestalu(m): 10:34am On Oct 25, 2023
Good morning my able customer

Gray thick materials with 5mm glass and burglary

Bestalu will gives u not but d best we deliver nationwide.u can contact us 08140632167

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Singhabele: 10:42am On Oct 25, 2023
Was cist of 2 story showing plaza on 100 x 50 on tarred Rd in pH.

Also 3 D design of building
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 11:26am On Oct 25, 2023
topsy23:

Just tired of what is going on seriously.
ABB DISTRIBUTION BOARD 12-ways jump from =N=178,000 to =N=265,000 in the space of 5days

All quote sent out must be re validated... We can only give validity of one day now for all the quote...

For contractors only

It’s good to ALWAYS include Inflation Escalation clause in every contract/estimates/bills given in time like this.

This is the best way to ensure that projects/contract costs remain aligned with the prevailing market conditions. It’s tough though!

For home owners

When there’s excess fund, buy what you need ahead.
We bought all the iron rods on my ongoing project at 430k / ton.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 12:01pm On Oct 25, 2023
michlins:
I'm in the East and I am a welder.

Give me your job(s)
Confirmed.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 12:02pm On Oct 25, 2023
gbadexy:

Confirmed.
my biggest benefactor has spoken

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by adesegun121(m): 12:06pm On Oct 25, 2023
Roofing Sheet Price Update

Whatsapp 08085310359

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by folmus: 12:27pm On Oct 25, 2023
n3xt:

For home owners

When there’s excess fund, buy what you need ahead.
We bought all the iron rods on my ongoing project at 430k / ton.

Security of things like iron rods too is not guaranteed.
Boys go my site in Sagamu go scrapped the protruding irons after the DPC for my pillars.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessedsunny2(m): 1:16pm On Oct 25, 2023
Still your blessed Sunny global investment home of building materials and also blessed sam building materials enterprises

2 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cash1115(m): 1:27pm On Oct 25, 2023
Pop at affordable price

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 1:55pm On Oct 25, 2023
gbadexy:

Confirmed.
Seconded.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 2:00pm On Oct 25, 2023
folmus:

Boys go my site in Sagamu go scrapped the protruding irons after the DPC for my pillars.
This is very wicked. Big structural damage. What will be the repair solution in this case?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 2:03pm On Oct 25, 2023
folmus:

Jesus !!!!!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by folmus: 3:05pm On Oct 25, 2023
sonnie10:

This is very wicked. Big structural damage. What will be the repair solution in this case?

It's a bungalow. We haven't done the pillars. The idea is to insert the rods before casting the pillars together with the lintel. So it won't be a problem.

Gated and fenced o!

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 3:31pm On Oct 25, 2023
michlins:
hmmm tower aluminum just increase today, GOD will save us in Nigeria
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 3:37pm On Oct 25, 2023
Dear Esteem Customer,

We are very sorry for the sudden increase in the price of cables recently, it was not the fault of management.
The revision has become compelling as all our cost parameters have been stressed over the limits by current economic situations. We cannot keep current price levels for a sustained quality service.

As usual we know we can rely on your understanding and please raise any query that could be of mutual benefit on this matter if you have any.

Thanks

Above is message from one of the cable manufacturer to all distributors .

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ladyteeks: 4:16pm On Oct 25, 2023
Is this price per sqm or per carton?

DFAMEGUY11S:
60x60 Spanish 10900 while Nigeria 2800
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 4:43pm On Oct 25, 2023
Adedward:
hmmm tower aluminum just increase today, GOD will save us in Nigeria
this was 6500 few days ago. I'm paying 9k for each right now

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 5:45pm On Oct 25, 2023
folmus:

It's a bungalow. We haven't done the pillars. The idea is to insert the rods before casting the pillars together with the lintel. So it won't be a problem.

Gated and fenced o!

Ah.. This is terrible.

And I got some materials outside o shocked
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by CDG1(m): 6:06pm On Oct 25, 2023
Greetings to the house,we are active and available to deliver.
Kindly call or what'sApp us on 07026691840

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lionlee216(m): 6:10pm On Oct 25, 2023
mufutau55:

No. The Victron Inverter is not Hybrid, we bought a MPPT Charger which is about N1m for it.
It's a full fledged inverter + charger. Solar components are not incorporated into it.
And it is a transformer-based. I bought the Multiplus series.
It could be charged with NEPA, Solar, and Gen.
Thank you.

Hajji M.

I'll like to make some Enquiries. Please is there any reputable property lawyer you know of in ibadan that can investigate a property please?

Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 6:19pm On Oct 25, 2023
lionlee216:

I'll like to make some Enquiries. Please is there any reputable property lawyer you know of in ibadan that can investigate a property please?

Thanks

Talk to Egunmagaji or Kolashangone

They might help
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 6:19pm On Oct 25, 2023
Given quote how is tricky!!!

My quote is within 24 haaassss

Then review afterwards
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by SurveyorGeo: 6:40pm On Oct 25, 2023
Don't fall for it. Call 08069018449.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 6:54pm On Oct 25, 2023
SurveyorGeo:
Don't fall for it. Call 08069018449.

True

Thanks to Gracias's CEO for refunding abeit 10% less.

She was very apologetic after waiting for 2 years without approval.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:21pm On Oct 25, 2023
folmus:

Gated and fenced o!

Sorry about this.

Those guys in your site are very terrible people!

I know of a site like this. You MUST only buy materials that you can use up in a day. If you get more than you can consume in a day, you won't find the leftover the next day. Some part of Lekki Scheme II (inside inside) were like this some years ago.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (3515) (3516) (3517) (3518) (3519) (3520) (3521) ... (3678) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Akerewe(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.