Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,719 members, 7,855,034 topics. Date: Sunday, 09 June 2024 at 12:39 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (360) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4489972 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) ... (3690) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jun 23, 2016
OnetimeOnly:

Learning is constant, but you must understand the principles! Either by education or apprenticeship.

This is one of the problems building professionals in Nigeria are facing today. Inability to call out the quacks in their midst! I presume you are a building professional, brabus is not! He pretends to be....pasting pictures from the internet. And abusing his clients when his mistakes make projects go south.
Unless you are willing to call out the fakes in our midst, people will lowball our services and clients suffer. The passive attitude of the professionals on this forum is not good.

As for prospective clients, be aware that Brabus can be using your building project as learning experience for fundamentals of building! If you are fine with that, go ahead. Aside from....well you can read his threads#

For the love of God, Brabus brought shame to the entire building community by failing to properly build a simple single family home.

And instead of admonishment we're reading stories. The only builder that indirectly called him out was Aventures.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 3strikes: 4:00pm On Jun 23, 2016
abdulwastecx:

I don't like to get involved in issues like this but Mr lastpage just summed up everything.

Building construction is a complex discipline, we keep learning everyday to improve ourself and do much better.

Some of Mr brabus' mistakes can happened to any builder here because we hardly carry out any soil test to ascertain soil engineering properties and when this soil is carried out, proper attention may not be paid to the laboratory test to determine all the parameters used for the analysis and design.

I worked for a consultancy film (briefly), they just copied and paste design without any analysis. Partly, this may be due to how low some clients are willing to pay(imagine some one paying 50 or 40k) for serious structural design of a duplex on a very poor soil.
In most cases after the soil test might have been done properly , the analysis and design may not be done properly... So you run into many problem.

I have turned down lots of job because either the design were poorly done and the owner is not willing to changed it or half way job with poorly don foundation. For example, I visited a site in warri to investigate a house that belongs to a "Nairalander '', I was shocked when I saw poorly the foundation and the first floor was,
the man wanted us to do the slab and upper floor but I turned it down. I then advice him to either convert the house to a Bungalow or demolish it because I know the house is a disaster waiting to happen.

Oga brabus has learnt one two lessons from those work as I have learned a lot from them. I have visited all those thread and look at things myself.... Learning is a continuous thing and we stop learning when we die

One good advice Abdul...Stay away from this. Build your own brand and guide your reputation jealously. no paddy for jungle.

See when we were building my Ajah project, I could have given some people jobs to do but I was under the impression that Endiasami and Twinskenny were affiliated with Brabus or nexthome because of some of their comments. So I warned lots of people away from them. why? because that's what first came to mind....only to later find out these guys are innocent. This is called Perception.

Although I have chatted with the two gentlemen and I told them am sorry that I went by their comments here on Nairaland and I thought they were some of Brabus Next home foot soldiers.

NB: Endiasami and Twinskenny, Am very sorry Again. I owe you guys a business deal in the nearest future by the Grace of God. Amen!

BTW: it is always easier to advocate for second chance when you are not the victim. I won't call that hypocrisy tho, i just think its because they really don't know how WE the victim feel everyday about our investments.

3strikes!!!

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by brag3: 4:04pm On Jun 23, 2016
Well Said.

Have you ever wondered why they are passive? Have we even wondered why the whole ecomony seems to follow this suit?

I wish I could answer that but until we decide to call a spade a spade we are not going to make any progress.

Granted everyone deserves a second chance. SECOND being the operative word.

Lets have a recall of the attoricities commited by Brabus and honestly ask ourselves if he has not been given more than a few second chances.

I am not baying for blood but all we ask is for profressionals to concentrate on their area of expertise and let the real qualified/experienced workers do their job.

There are so many professions out there that pay so well so why try to use clients hard earned money to practice/learn on the job all the name of making a quick buck at the expense of unsuspecting clients.

That is totally unacceptable and those who think otherwise should be ashamed of themsleves.

OnetimeOnly:

Learning is constant, but you must understand the principles! Either by education or apprenticeship.

This is one of the problems building professionals in Nigeria are facing today. Inability to call out the quacks in their midst! I presume you are a building professional, brabus is not! He pretends to be....pasting pictures from the internet. And abusing his clients when his mistakes make projects go south.
Unless you are willing to call out the fakes in our midst, people will lowball our services and clients suffer. The passive attitude of the professionals on this forum is not good.

As for prospective clients, be aware that Brabus can be using your building project as learning experience for fundamentals of building! If you are fine with that, go ahead. Aside from....well you can read his threads#

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 3strikes: 4:18pm On Jun 23, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Okay, 3Strikes, officially I cannot read your posts at work anymore because I bust out laughing grin

sorry I wish i can help it. but i cant.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by OnetimeOnly: 4:20pm On Jun 23, 2016
brag3:
Well Said.

Have you ever wondered why they are passive? Have we even wondered why the whole ecomony seems to follow this suit?

I wish I could answer that but until we decide to call a spade a spade we are not going to make any progress.

Lets have a recall of the attoricities commited by Brabus and honestly ask ourselves if he has not been given more than a few second chances.

I am not baying for blood but all we ask is for profressionals to concentrate on their area of expertise and let the real qualified/experienced workers do their job.

There are so many professions out there that pay so well so why try to use clients hard earned money to practice/learn on the job all the name of making a quick buck at the expense of unsuspecting clients.

That is totally unacceptable and those who think otherwise should be ashamed of themsleves.

From my first post about this fraudster, I have called him out. Not having certificate is not a barrier to entry. However his mixture of arrogance and ignorance mixed with serious ethical questions is clear to anyone who know his stuff.

Naive thread readers think he is being helpful by posting And replying everything with vacuous nonsense to fill space and deflect attention from several failed builds.

Unfortunately Brabus has probably poisoned this thread permanently with his nonsense...it is sad that little learning can go on here if a fraudster dominates the conversation.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FreeWorld23: 4:29pm On Jun 23, 2016
ottersberger:

Chai!, see lawyering o. Diaris God grin grin.
Oga, take time o cheesy na just friend.

You didn't include her in your votes yesterday. I saw your vote angry
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FreeWorld23: 4:30pm On Jun 23, 2016
podosci:

I was away for some time but i am back online. You can contact either myself or Abdulwastecx.
Thank you
i have done that wth him already wink
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by podosci(m): 4:35pm On Jun 23, 2016
FreeWorld23:
i have done that wth him already wink
Okay sir

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by nubiadoll(f): 4:40pm On Jun 23, 2016
abdulwastecx:

It is very affordable... It was designed by my friend podosci.

It was a two bedroom bungalow design but can be changed to three bedrooms.

It will sit in comfortably with enough space at the front or back for future development.

can this house be built like a 2 bedroom twin bungalow on 30ft by 120ft, how much much would it cost? i would like to see the design.
pls send to agapecrown_2001@yahoo.com

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 4:46pm On Jun 23, 2016
3strikes:

One good advice Abdul...Stay away from this. Build your own brand and guide your reputation jealously. no paddy for jungle.

See when we were building my Ajah project, I could have given some people jobs to do but I was under the impression that Endiasami and Twinskenny were affiliated with Brabus or nexthome because of some of their comments. So I warned lots of people away from them. why? because I thought they were affiliated to him base on some of their comments here on NL....only to later find out these guys are innocent. This is called Perception.

Although I have chatted with the two gentlemen and I told them am sorry that I went by their comments here on Nairaland and I thought they were some of Brabus Next home foot soldiers.

NB: Endiasami and Twinskenny, Am very sorry Again. I owe you guys a business deal in the nearest future by the Grace of God. Amen!

BTW: it is always easier to advocate for second chance when you are not the victim. I won't call that hypocrisy tho, i just think its because they really don't know how WE the victim feel everyday about our investments.

3strikes!!!

apology accepted sir.. its well grin

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abdulwastecx(m): 4:55pm On Jun 23, 2016
nubiadoll:

can this house be built like a 2 bedroom twin bungalow on 30ft by 120ft, how much much would it cost? i would like to see the design.
pls send to agapecrown_2001@yahoo.com

Yea it can work. OK, I will send that to you
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mavverick: 4:56pm On Jun 23, 2016
Sensible writeup.
I think the issue is that, whilst most mind their business they do not want to be seen as troublemakers or have brabus criticise them, since a lot of people like to see pictures from google, as if they cannot search themselves and see such pictures.

On abusing clients, the man or lady who said they would give brabus thier job, I wish them all the best, everyone is entitled to thier opinion, but what is true is that I have not seen or heard any other good builder abusing thier clients full on, disagreements happen especially in building, there is no escaping it. The fact is that can we reconcile, be diplomatic and be considerate at the same time and work towards a settlement and shake hands ? Is it clear that Bosun lacks in these areas.

A professional who rendered his building services to me, and who is also a nairalander once said to me that he felt really ashamed by the actions of Bosun (he said he embarrassed the profession and put the profession into disrepute). I would not name him, but one day he might be reading this.

OnetimeOnly:

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abdulwastecx(m): 4:59pm On Jun 23, 2016
3strikes:

See when we were building my Ajah project, I could have given some people jobs to do but I was under the impression that Endiasami and Twinskenny were affiliated with Brabus or nexthome because of some of their comments. So I warned lots of people away from them. why? because that's what first came to mind....only to later find out these guys are innocent. This is called Perception.

3strikes!!!

Thanks boss

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by OnetimeOnly: 5:06pm On Jun 23, 2016
mavverick:
Sensible writeup.
I think the issue is that, whilst most mind their business they do not want to be seen as troublemakers or have brabus criticise them, since a lot of people like to see pictures from google, as if they cannot search themselves and see such pictures.

On abusing clients, the man or lady who said they would give brabus thier job, I wish them all the best, everyone is entitled to thier opinion, but what is true is that I have not seen or heard any other good builder abusing thier clients full on, disagreements happen especially in building, there is no escaping it. The fact is that can we reconcile, be diplomatic and be considerate at the same time and work towards a settlement and shake hands ? Is it clear that Bosun lacks in these areas.

My architect who is also a nairalander once said to me that he felt really ashamed by the actions of Bosun (he said he embarrassed the profession and put the profession into disrepute). I would not name him, but one day he might be reading this.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"

Professionals on this thread that keep silent do themselves more harm than good. The fraudster's reputation harms the other builders on Nairaland. Just like 3strikes said. A clean shirt in a dirty pile won't stay clean for long .

There are several people who are in the diaspora who want to build. When the most popular building thread allows such fraud and shady practices to go unchallenged, who will invest their money?
There is approximately $20billion of diaspora money that comes in every year....even if 10% is spent on construction thermore than enough to go round.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mavverick: 5:11pm On Jun 23, 2016
Seconded !
Please stay away from this, brabus has nothing to offer you and you dont need his endorsement. Build your own brand, he sucks up to people and then thinks they owe him. Do you really think he can survive without NL ?

3strikes:

3strikes!!!

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jun 23, 2016
brag3:
Well Said.

That is totally unacceptable and those who think otherwise should be ashamed of themselves.

Especially not to gloat in front of a dissatisfied client.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mavverick: 5:19pm On Jun 23, 2016
I did hit like on your post.
Many in diaspora are now much wiser, thats why you dont hear of that many cases of relatives squandering construction money of other relatives (compared to 10 years ago). I have come to learn that almost 80% of the clients of most of our builders are in diaspora, in the last year alone I think I have got to know of over 10.

The good builders on here (you know yourself), should be doing more to kick out the bad ones, because sooner than later it will be a case of NL is mainly for fraudsters. A lot of people also underestimate the value of transactions that exchange hands here, simply because the figures are not released for obvious reasons.

In my case alone with brabus in the last year

2 builds directly from me
A friend that i introduced
3strike

Now thats 4 builds with many more that I am unaware of, can anyone guess the value ? Employment opportunities ? Business for local suppliers ? Profit for the builder if they were good ? Potential bigger deals ? Reduce unemployment with our little contribution ?

OnetimeOnly:

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"

Professionals on this thread that keep silent do themselves more harm than good. The fraudster's reputation harms the other builders on Nairaland. Just like 3strikes said. A clean shirt in a dirty pile won't stay clean for long .

There are several people who are in the diaspora who want to build. When the most popular building thread allows such fraud and shady practices to go unchallenged, who will invest their money?
There is approximately $20billion of diaspora money that comes in every year....even if 10% is spent on construction thermore than enough to go round.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jun 23, 2016
3strikes:

3strikes!!!

I've given Abdul the same advice publicly and privately.

The Brabus / NextHome brand is an infectious sore.

Why don't you see Brabus working with Skimanski, et al

Even his current supporter Lastpage didn't give him a build. Yeah I know he "promised" that he would in the future grin

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lastpage: 5:26pm On Jun 23, 2016
abdulwastecx:

I don't like to get involved in issues like this but Mr lastpage just summed up everything.

Building construction is a complex discipline, we keep learning everyday to improve ourself and do much better.

Some of Mr brabus' mistakes can happened to any builder here because we hardly carry out any soil test to ascertain soil engineering properties and when this soil is carried out, proper attention may not be paid to the laboratory test to determine all the parameters used for the analysis and design.

Oga brabus has learnt one two lessons from those work as I have learned a lot from them. I have visited all those thread and look at things myself.... Learning is a continuous thing and we stop learning when we die

Thank you Abdulwastecx,

I have nothing more to add the above.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I dont know how long (One year? Two years? Three years ..or Forever) it takes to label someone a fraud!?

If anyone claims they dont have KNOWLEDGE of what happened between Brabus and some of his Clients, they they need to read this thread all over again.
But then, "KNOWLEDGE" and "WISDOM" are not the same thing!

"WISDOM" ..... is the application of Knowledge. undecided
I have made my own points known, l wont spend the whole 2016 flogging a dead horse!

Each man to his own conviction.

Lastpage!

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 3strikes: 5:31pm On Jun 23, 2016
mavverick:
Many in diaspora are now much wiser, thats why you dont hear of that many cases of relatives squandering construction money of other relatives (compared to 10 years ago). I have come to learn that almost 80% of the clients of most of our builders are in diaspora, in the last year alone I think I have got to know of over 10.

The good builders on here (you know yourself), should be doing more to kick out the bad ones, because sooner than later it will be a case of NL is mainly for fraudsters. A lot of people also underestimate the value of transactions that exchange hands here, simply because the figures are not released for obvious reasons.

3strike

Now thats 4 builds with many more that I am unaware of, can anyone guess the value ? Employment opportunities ? Business for local suppliers ? Profit for the builder if they were good ? Potential bigger deals ? Reduce unemployment with our little contribution ?

Baba not everyone think like that o. They just think we are trolling or ranting for nothing sake. The earlier you call a spade a spade here, Brabus's reputation will soon start to affect the good builders in here one way or the other. Nairaland might soon be refer to as a website for con-artists and scammers.

I know how many people I employed and paid constantly as a result of my little project in 2015 including Brabus of Nexthome. shouldn't that count for something. right?

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by OnetimeOnly: 5:37pm On Jun 23, 2016
mavverick:

3strike

I concur with you!

I am not surprised at the 80% number. From my small circle, I know there is high demand for diaspora projects. Imagine someone that saved $10k. That was 1.6 million 2 years ago, now that is ~3 million today.great incentive to invest. People are just looking for trustworthy and competent hands to work with.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 6:06pm On Jun 23, 2016
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 6:08pm On Jun 23, 2016
And this...

Materials
- steel trusses
- ACP panel
- Plasterboard
- Suspended Ceiling

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by true2home(m): 6:15pm On Jun 23, 2016
The statement below is the fact. That's why we are Third world country. We need infrastructure in all area of development. Government and financially able citizens will have to invest in heavy machineries and technologies for the common man to use for the development of the country.

skimanski:

At least you understand the challenges we face in the country. Its not like the builders are not talented, just that the machinery, tools, and Materials are not easily accessible.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lastpage: 6:16pm On Jun 23, 2016
EgunMogaji:

I've given Abdul the same advice publicly and privately.

The Brabus / NextHome brand is an infectious sore.

Why don't you see Brabus working with Skimanski, et al

Even his current supporter Lastpage didn't give him a build. Yeah I know he "promised" that he would in the future grin

I am NOT his (or anyone's) SUPPORTER! angry angry

Infact, l dont do "collabo" at all, because my views are usually very strong.
I can easily fall-out with anyone, anytime, but it will always be based on PRINCIPLE, nothing personal.

I wont support WRONG-DOING.

My position is based on "My Principles" (Values, Convictions, Response to Adversity )

Where we defer is

1.) "if the baby should be thrown away with the water" .... "REFORMABLE" or not!

2.) whether he did what he did out of MISCHIEF (which is Criminal!)

3.) whether he did it out of INCOMPETENCE (which is Negligent!)

But l wont deny anyone their right to hold a different view to mine.
Even twins from the same womb that l know are voting differently.....one for "BRexit" while the other is voting to "BRemain"!

How much more, we that we are "complete strangers" to each other?

My not giving "any" builder on Nairaland a build yet is because l have not been confronted with a challenge l cannot yet solve, with my "long standing team" of Builders. Why change a winning team?
But with advancement in technology and new innovations, Brabus and Abdulwastecx are on my mind, ..... each for different reasons

Let us just be calm.

Thank you.

Lastpage!

BTW: I wonder why no one is talking about how l was very hard on Brabus and was one of those who insist he must refund Maverick?
My past posts and positions have always remain consistent.

I have reduced the [size=18pt]COLOR[/size] in this response because l noticed you dont like Crayon! shocked shocked grin grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 6:20pm On Jun 23, 2016

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 6:22pm On Jun 23, 2016

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lastpage: 6:25pm On Jun 23, 2016
n3xt:
Concrete Fasteners | The Show is about to begin

#iWelder

Watching in 4D, on a 4K platform. undecided

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 6:29pm On Jun 23, 2016
@ FreeWorld23, I'm happy we are winning the 50k for Lanicky.

A bit busy now. Just call my name and I'll be there to do the needful on Saturday.

Best.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jun 23, 2016
lastpage:

I am NOT his SUPPORTER!

Infact, l dont do "collabo" at all, because my views are usually very strong.
I can easily fall-out with anyone, anytime, but it will always be based on PRINCIPLE, nothing personal.

I wont support WRONG-DOING.

My position is based on "My Principles" (Values, Convictions, Response to Adversity )

Where we defer is

1.) "if the baby should be thrown away with the water" .... "REFORMABLE" or not!

2.) whether he did what he did out of MISCHIEF (which is Criminal!)

3.) whether he did it out of INCOMPETENCE (which is Negligent!)

But l wont deny anyone their right to hold a different view to mine.
Even twins from the same womb that l know are voting differently.....one for "BRexit" while the other is voting to "BRemain"!

How much more, we that we are "complete strangers" to each other?

My not giving "any" builder on Nairaland a build yet is because l have not been confronted with a challenge l cannot yet solve, with my "long standing team" of Builders. Why change a winning team?
But with advancement in technology and new innovations, Brabus and Abdulwastecx are on my mind, ..... each for different reasons

Let us just be calm.

Thank you.

Lastpage!

BTW: I wonder why no one is talking about how l was very hard on Brabus and was one of those who insist he must refund Maverick?
My past posts and positions have always remain consistent.

Yes you were vocal on getting the refund initiated. The archives will eternally show that. That can't be taken away from you.

But we all have our ways. You, Hajj, etc are tactful and diplomatic. I'm not.

I created a thread so I can beat his a$$ in there but he didn't come in. I regret having to make the innocent have to trudge through unrelated stuff on here.

But we have to resort to hound him wherever he goes to try to seek new mugus. I'll try not to pollute too much.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FastShipping: 6:52pm On Jun 23, 2016
lastpage:

Thank you Abdulwastecx,

I have nothing more to add the above.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I dont know how long (One year? Two years? Three years ..or Forever) it takes to label someone a fraud!?

If anyone claims they dont have KNOWLEDGE of what happened between Brabus and some of his Clients, they they need to read this thread all over again.
But then, "KNOWLEDGE" and "WISDOM" are not the same thing!

"WISDOM" ..... is the application of Knowledge. undecided
I have made my own points known, l wont spend the whole 2016 flogging a dead horse!

Each man to his own conviction.

Lastpage!

I couldn't agree more.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FastShipping: 6:57pm On Jun 23, 2016
n3xt:
And this...

Materials
- steel trusses
- ACP panel
- Plasterboard
- Suspended Ceiling

What did they use for the windows here?

(1) (2) (3) ... (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) ... (3690) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: mirakuru(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.