Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,888 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:28 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3610) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4388529 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3607) (3608) (3609) (3610) (3611) (3612) (3613) ... (3667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 9:13pm On Feb 03
JSDsolar HYBRID INVERTERS AVAILABLE!!!

JSDsolar HYBRID INVERTERS
Features:
* Single or Parallel operation.
* Supports Lithium ion battery, Tubular, SMF
* Inbuilt Mppt solar charge controller
* Grid, solar and battery input priority
* WIFI remote monitoring (optional )
* 1 year standard product warranty

3kva 24v, 60A Mppt 100Voc = 470,000

5.5kva 48v, 60A Mppt 500Voc ( 9 par)= 570,000

5.5kva 48v, 100A Mppt 500Voc (12 par) = 650,000

Jsd 10kwh 48v lithium battery ..... 2,400,000

WiFi module = 65,000

SUPERPOWER Transformer based INVERTERS;
3.5kva 24v ..... N470,000
5kva 48v ......... N580,000
7.5kva 48v ...... N750,000

Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL LINE::::: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: 081-703-85620

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Badgers14: 9:26pm On Feb 03
michlins:
so like this, which way biko cause it's like an looped circuit with no exit

The situation on ground.. seems like economic sabotage Promax. I thought it was bad during GEJs tenure.. Buhari's government was worse and Tinubu's government goes hold my beer.

For lack of better word.. it is like a hopeless situation.. and almost irredeemable...( but I do hope and pray for a miracle for it to be redeemed)

It's makes me sad to see how things are bad for the common man.

Like we all are discussing building construction here.. now let's say someone managed to raise $63k to build a house in this current clime.. now where you go see legitimate tenants that would rent the place?

How many people can comfortably afford the high rent at this time, even yahoo boys sef... if you allow them in your property and stomach their wahala.. when there rent expires.. it is usually war for them to pay.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 9:37pm On Feb 03
Badgers14:

Exactly, for diasporans.. as bad as it sound.. now is the time to build .

2019/2020 to build 6 flats of 3 bdrm from foundation to finishing is 38-45m at exchange rate 356 - 367 = $122,615 ( 367 /$1).

This year to erect similar project would cost about 80 - 92m at 1,525 per $1 would give us....wait for it.. wait for it... $63,000.

Half the cost!!!

But the problem is that the money is trapped in Nigeria, when you want to wire the money back to abroad na when you will be crying wah wah grin grin
Na laborers dey suffer this inflation the most. Their charges have not really changed. Being that labor charges could make up to 20 % of the cost of a building.
Other local content like sand, granite, cement , wood, have not increased relatively to dollar increase.
Take for instance, granite in the East used to be #450k for 30 tons when dollar was at $1- 450. For $1k, you could buy just one trip then.
Now granite it about #700k for 30 tons. People would say it’s very expensive now. However with the same $1k you now can buy 2 of the 30tons trips of granite.
Like I said labor are worst hit. Look at this example. In 2022, a block molder person would charge #1200 to mold a bag of cement, which was about $3.
Fast forward today, some of them still charge #1200 to mold one bag of cement. This amount is just a fraction of a dollar.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 9:42pm On Feb 03
Badgers14:

The situation on ground.. seems like economic sabotage Promax. I thought it was bad during GEJs tenure.. Buhari's government was worse and Tinubu's government goes hold my beer.

For lack of better word.. it is like a hopeless situation.. and almost irredeemable...( but I do hope and pray for a miracle for it to be redeemed)

It's makes me sad to see how things are bad for the common man.

Like we all are discussing building construction here.. now let's say someone managed to raise $63k to build a house in this current clime.. now where you go see legitimate tenants that would rent the place?

How many people can comfortably afford the high rent at this time, even yahoo boys sef... if you allow them in your property and stomach their wahala.. when there rent expires.. it is usually war for them to pay.
hopeless situation it is. But the funny thing is that people are building like crazy right now. I don't even understand it again
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by folmus: 9:42pm On Feb 03
gbadexy:
@ folmus, I pray you are right.

We pray o!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 9:47pm On Feb 03
michlins:
I made a quotation in the morning and the client said he will pay by evening. That afternoon, there was 1k increase in the cost of one of the materials. Calculate the quantity I need. So how do you discuss it with the client without sounding stupid and ignorant of your trade.

I just swallowed the losses from my end and took up the job
I guess that's what the big companies closing shop faced on a big scale.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessedsunny2(m): 10:57pm On Feb 03
New offloading Goodwill products super Polish
60by120

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 11:18pm On Feb 03
Blessedsunny2:
New offloading Goodwill products super Polish
60by120
How much per square meter?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 5:08am On Feb 04
Good morning my people
Osinachiadima global enterprise

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Vocals: 5:38am On Feb 04
Vocals:

We are still at this site, and currently at a dept of 190m, it only gets more intense... However we continue our drill.

Facing difficulties in uploading live images at the moment. sad

It wasn't an easy task, but at the end we successfully completed the drill and halted at a dept of 275m... There is more than enough water to be shared around. And possible overflow in situation of minimal usage, we didn't hit an artisan well but the formations, had more than enough water fracture evidences from the drilling.

We have been contracted to handle the pump installation. And when shall be proceeding with a two channel pumps in the same hole grin
With multiple outlets.

It going to be an interesting one. Thanks for your patronage sir. And also to all our prospective clients, we appreciate your patronage.

Pictorial results.

The day was ethic.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by folmus: 6:01am On Feb 04
gbadexy:
@ folmus, I pray you are right.

One Nigeria!

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 7:51am On Feb 04
folmus:

One Nigeria!
I watched the launching of the dangote ibeshe plant on TV and they showed them through the process.
The limestone and clay that is mixed together are on the land and they said would last 50 years.
They used bulldozers to carry lumps of limestone into payloaders where those are dumped somewhere with a conveyor belt to take to the furnace where it would be mixed with clay under high temperature and gypsum which is still on the land added to determine setting time.
Bottom line is that even though they use energy and pay staffs, they don't basically buy raw materials and they deal in huge volume. The price could even be lower than the #4700 posted there.
I guess we have system for financially disadvantaged areas also under quota system or it's just law of demand and supply.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BIGGIE121(m): 7:55am On Feb 04
rotecch77:
Only few project I charged with materials this days.
My health is important to me and to my family and the loves ones.

In buna boy voice “ u go explain explain tired no evidence”

grin grin. You go explain and calculate tire ..
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 8:55am On Feb 04
BRAND NEW 1500W 12V HYBRID INVERTER AVAILABLE!!

Vmn Power 1500w 12v pure sine wave inverter

Features:
- Built-in 30a solar charge regulator.
- 64-bits DSP Intelligent control chipset.
- LCD display with multi-function Built-in automatic - AC charger and automatic AC mains switcher.
- 140-275vac super wide input voltage range.
- 3000w surge capacity, continuous stable pure sine wave output, can be applied to any electrical equipment.
- High efficiency Intelligent battery management,prolonging the service life of battery.
- Multi-protection like low battery, overload, short circuit, over temperature ..

Price: N150,000

Product warranty: 12 months

For further enquiry & purchase;
Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL LINE::::: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: 081-703-85620

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by donAlvan: 9:59am On Feb 04
adamma24:
[/b]

Watin this one dey talk about....english no be ur mate...broken English gan no still be ur mate...

How many wraps of loud( cannabis) do you smoke every morning?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by donAlvan: 10:01am On Feb 04
adamma24:
[/b]

Watin this one dey talk about....english no be ur mate...broken English gan no still be ur mate...

We are available to cover all your construction site with Lagos island ( Ikoyi VI Oniru lekki Chisco lekki ikate Chevron Ajah axis .
Call 08037136667.
For the supply of all types of sand,Granite and stones.
We also offer site management and logistics
services.
We work 24/7
With a team that have over 10 years experience in the field.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 10:34am On Feb 04
donAlvan:

Hian, cannabis ke for APC economy, people are looking for quid to buy akara and Akamu, to buy Igbo/ marijuana, ijebu, kwale, ijaw, ,hausa and urobho weed cost a fortune na, people will rather use the cannabis leaf to prepare correct vegetable soup loaded with kpomo, shaki, bokoto, ogunfe shocked

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by adamma24: 11:12am On Feb 04
donAlvan:

Dear Donalvan

At least people who smoke cannabis ( igbo ) reason well and say the truth as it is. E.g fela, Bob marley, ras kimono etc

I called you out for using another moniker ( donedumik ) just to praise your self,claiming to be a colleague...moniker way u just open that very day at that very time.

Everyone way don dey this thread for long know the real contractors, suppliers, artists etc.

No be by pictures of Caterpillar and trucks, it can be gotten from the internet...just hope u are not one of the fake ones...

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AGRICT: 11:32am On Feb 04
rotecch77:

Which type of pipe did he planned to use ? Galvanized pipe or H beam
He said he is using Four three quarter h beam
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AGRICT: 11:32am On Feb 04
michlins:
if you're certain that he will deliver, pay him 100% but I can tell you for free,he can not deliver if he's working with H beam channels
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by donAlvan: 11:42am On Feb 04
adamma24:

Dear Donalvan

At least people who smoke cannabis ( igbo ) reason well and say the truth as it is. E.g fela, Bob marley, ras kimono etc

I called you out for using another moniker ( donedumik ) just to praise your self,claiming to be a colleague...moniker way u just open that very day at that very time.

Everyone way don dey this thread for long know the real contractors, suppliers, artists etc.

No be by pictures of Caterpillar and trucks, it can be gotten from the internet...just hope u are not one of the fake ones...

Check this topic from 2018.. with my digits and information before I lost the account .

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://www.nairaland.com/3952076/best-hualage-company-sand-granites&ved=2ahUKEwjYycLVvpGEAxUaTEEAHZtcByAQFnoECAkQAQ&usg=AOvVaw3MggRkCrqh3523DwqFZxMg

This is even before you learn about Nairaland .. now please getat.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by adamma24: 11:52am On Feb 04
donAlvan:

Check this topic from 2018.. with my digits and information before I lost the account .

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://www.nairaland.com/3952076/best-hualage-company-sand-granites&ved=2ahUKEwjYycLVvpGEAxUaTEEAHZtcByAQFnoECAkQAQ&usg=AOvVaw3MggRkCrqh3523DwqFZxMg

This is even before you learn about Nairaland .. now please getat.

I also lost my account of 2009 .... let people defend u here..not u using another moniker to praise urself..

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by donAlvan: 11:52am On Feb 04
adamma24:

Dear Donalvan

A simple research would have helped educate you that you're quoting a veteran supplier. But as one from a generation that have rejected education you must demonstrate your stupidity by calling me fake while insinuating that a boy that Just got registered is now my second account..
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by adamma24: 12:01pm On Feb 04
donAlvan:

A simple research would have helped educate you that you're quoting a [b]veteran supplier[/b]. But as one from a generation that have rejected education you must demonstrate your stupidity by calling me fake while insinuating that a boy that Just got registered is now my second account..

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by donAlvan: 12:01pm On Feb 04
adamma24:

I also lost my account of 2009 .... let people defend u here..not u using another moniker to praise urself..

And that's enough for you to tag me fake
We can do better please.

You can also verify from my Twitter handle..
https://twitter.com/kachikwul/status/1364143547033804801?t=QgaDf1Cv4YvjM39lodnujw&s=19

Don't you think I deserve an apology dear.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by adamma24: 12:03pm On Feb 04
donAlvan:

And that's enough for you to tag me fake
We can do better please.

You can also verify from my Twitter handle..
https://twitter.com/kachikwul/status/1364143547033804801?t=QgaDf1Cv4YvjM39lodnujw&s=19

Don't you think I deserve an apology dear.

I did not tag u fake....just using another moniker to praise urself....when other can ..clients here can do the praising on your behalf. If they seem you trust worthy..atleast we have many of them here...

Pls I dont wanna banter word with you...I understand ur angle...just saying ...allow others to sing ur praise

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Godisgreatest1: 12:52pm On Feb 04
Dangote Cement is sold at #6500 in Mile 3 area of Port Harcourt. I just priced it now now.

I priced the dealer #6300, he just ignored me and attended to somebody else.

Don't they price cement again??

Where are we heading to?....now that I want to plaster!!

Happy Sunday everyone.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 12:55pm On Feb 04
AGRICT:

well, if he says he can deliver and you're certain, pay him 100%. This is the only way he can do it.

25ft tank stand for 750k, I can not do it no matter how I calculate it
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 12:57pm On Feb 04
Godisgreatest1:
Dangote Cement is sold at #6500 in Mile 3 area of Port Harcourt. I just priced it now now.

I priced the dealer #6300, he just ignored me and attended to somebody else.

Don't they price cement again??

Where are we heading to?....now that I want to plaster!!

Happy Sunday everyone.
go and buy elsewhere. It's one thing for things to be expensive, don't add attitude to it biko.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by funnyfashion617: 1:04pm On Feb 04
Top Best Fashion School in Lagos right now: Where you will learn pro fashion designs, makings , also using AI to design output, Whether you're a beginner or a seasoned pro, our courses let you learn at your own pace.

Send a M
+23 4 903 428 8 411
IG : phitop_fashion_school

Top Most Trusted and reliable Online Fashion School In Lagos, Nigeria.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 3:08pm On Feb 04
GOOD AFTERNOON HOUSE, HAPPY FIRST SUNDAY OF THE MONTHS,

EDO STATE WORK DELIVER AND INSTALLED,

THANKS FOR TRUSTING US WITH UR MONEY

GREY COLOR
THICK IMPORTED MATERIALS
5MM BLACK GLASS
16mm irons

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Godisgreatest1: 4:43pm On Feb 04
michlins:
go and buy elsewhere. It's one thing for things to be expensive, don't add attitude to it biko.

The attitude may be because the demand is still there despite the price increase. But All is well.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (3607) (3608) (3609) (3610) (3611) (3612) (3613) ... (3667) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: PrinceLat(m), mrphysics(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.