Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,995 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:19 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3654) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4377659 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3651) (3652) (3653) (3654) (3655) (3656) (3657) ... (3664) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by double3(m): 10:28am On Apr 17
double3:
Plz I need the services of a builder for the construction of a septic tank ("soakaway"winkfor 2 blocks of 3bed flat
Location- Enugu.
Since it's a small project, It would be preferable if the builder is resident in enugu n it's environ.
Still pending...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by double3(m): 10:37am On Apr 17
Obinnau:
you can send me a DM. I have a reputable builder for you.
Sent a dm....No response
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 1:17pm On Apr 17
Still in Ilesha Osun state

Pop & wall screeding

Note real work pictures attached

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rany4all(m): 2:30pm On Apr 17
bolu1986:
Still in Ilesha Osun state

Pop & wall screeding

Note real work pictures attached

One quick question boss man. Who is best placed to cut out the circular holes for installation of ceiling spotlights? Electrician or POP guy?

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 3:20pm On Apr 17
Rany4all:
One quick question boss man. Who is best placed to cut out the circular holes for installation of ceiling spotlights? Electrician or POP guy?

Electrician

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Obinnau(m): 3:40pm On Apr 17
double3:

Sent a dm....No response
I responded to you in the night immediately you sent it.

I have now sent you a direct message
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rany4all(m): 3:45pm On Apr 17
topsy23:

Electrician
Ok thanks, but some not so careful electricians sometimes cause some damage to the ceiling while at it, and obviously can't repair the damage themselves.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 4:42pm On Apr 17
folmus:
"In an unprecedented move, Dangote Petroleum Refinery has announced a further reduction of the price of diesel from 1200 to 1,000 naira per litre.'

When I said Cement will be back to old price, some folks thought I was joking.

once the price of diesel drops, major goods will shed prices. Diesel powers this economy

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 4:48pm On Apr 17
michlins:
once the price of diesel drops, major goods will shed prices. Diesel powers this economy

You are correct đź’Ż

Meanwhile price of iron rod is coming down too

we are now selling iron rod 10mm, 12mm 16mm@N840, 000 per ton.

Plus transportation to any site both Lagos and Ogun State.

Payment on delivery.

Call or whatsapp 090-2022-4350
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 4:56pm On Apr 17
Rany4all:
Ok thanks, but some not so careful electricians sometimes cause some damage to the ceiling while at it, and obviously can't repair the damage themselves.

depends on the thickness....
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rany4all(m): 5:15pm On Apr 17
bolu1986:

depends on the thickness....

I think I'd prefer my POP guy to do the cutouts. Apart from possible damages to the ceiling, electricians hardly take measurements before doing their installations, so may not centralize or align the spotlights properly.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by PrimeQuay: 5:20pm On Apr 17
topsy23:
One of our project in Akoka, getting there this morning the whole cables stolen. We have POP guys working in the building after we left the site. They denied that they did not tamper with the cables.

The security on site should also be interrogated... that amount of wire can't go missing without anyone noticing.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by PrimeQuay: 5:36pm On Apr 17
Any good internal door fabricators here... HDF flush door with mitred architraves.

Pls contact me.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dangoteinlaw: 6:24pm On Apr 17
topsy23:
One of our project in Akoka, getting there this morning the whole cables stolen. We have POP guys working in the building after we left the site. They denied that they did not tamper with the cables.
don’t tell me you believed them.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 6:30pm On Apr 17
Rany4all:
I think I'd prefer my POP guy to do the cutouts. Apart from possible damages to the ceiling, electricians hardly take measurements before doing their installations, so may not centralize or align the spotlights properly.

They won’t be the one to determine how many lighting points… anyway they can do this with your electrician

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sekzy99(m): 7:46pm On Apr 17
michlins:
it's ok. Thanks for knocking on my door.

Good morning and enjoy your day

You are welcome.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sekzy99(m): 7:46pm On Apr 17
folmus:

I did mine in Lagos and transport to Ogun.
Should you need his contact, let me know.

Thanks. Pls share
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rayd502(m): 8:23pm On Apr 17
Rany4all:

How will the pop guy know the diameter to cut?except you give him a sample size of the light I asked same question on spider's thread and he said the electrician.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kelvin1191(m): 8:32pm On Apr 17
Rany4all:

Electricians Do Have Hole-saw That Is Attached To Drilling Machine To Give A Perfect hole Doubt Kazeem will not have it.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 9:08pm On Apr 17
Rany4all:

We have hole cutter for cutting the POP. We do it ourselves and to get the right spacing.. Although some big companies will leave the opening for main contractor because it's part of their attendance to the sub contractors
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 9:09pm On Apr 17
kelvin1191:

Electricians Do Have Hole-saw That Is Attached To Drilling Machine To Give A Perfect hole Doubt Kazeem will not have it.

Yes that's what we use for our installations
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ajabani4allah(m): 9:15pm On Apr 17
I just measured the length of all the windows and doors opening in my 3 bedroom bungalow in ft. It all gave me a total of 125ft. Pls how many lengths of 12mm iron rods and dozen of angle rings will i have to get for the lintel construction?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ajabani4allah(m): 9:28pm On Apr 17
Pls what's the current price of 12mm and 10mm of a length of iron rod? Also the price of 4 angle ring/ dozen?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by toluxa1(m): 9:50pm On Apr 17
Please can someone help me access these prices? It's for repair of a part of my kitchen cabinet that fell down.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rany4all(m): 10:03pm On Apr 17
twinskenny:

They won’t be the one to determine how many lighting points… anyway they can do this with your electrician
I know they can't determine how many lighting points, but the building has an electrical design with all lighting points already pre-determined on paper.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rany4all(m): 10:09pm On Apr 17
Rayd502:

How will the pop guy know the diameter to cut?except you give him a sample size of the light I asked same question on spider's thread and he said the electrician.
Yeah, like you've said, a sample spotlight can be given to the POP guy.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rany4all(m): 10:12pm On Apr 17
kelvin1191:

What about spacing, centralizing and/or alignment of the lights, if you know what I mean?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rany4all(m): 10:19pm On Apr 17
topsy23:

We have hole that. We do it ourselves and to get the right spacing.. Although some big companiss will leave the opening for main contractor because it's part of their attendance to the sub contractors
Topsy, judging from pics of your past jobs you've shared here, I have a feeling you're the kind of electrician that will take your time to make measurements and get the spacing, centralization and alignment right...but not many electricians do that.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kelvin1191(m): 11:01pm On Apr 17
Rany4all:
What about spacing, centralizing and/or alignment of the lights, if you know what I mean?

A qualified electrician knows what to do. Infact, they Understand Measurement To the Least mm. Always Avoid cheap Labour. E get Why..

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kelvin1191(m): 11:20pm On Apr 17
ajabani4allah:
I just measured the length of all the windows and doors opening in my 3 bedroom bungalow in ft. It all gave me a total of 125ft. Pls how many lengths of 12mm iron rods and dozen of angle rings will i have to get for the lintel construction?

A Length Of Iron Rod is About 36ft-39ft. So You Will Need About 11 length Of Rod at Most If you Are Using Triangular Steel Pope but If you Are Using Rectangular steel Rope you Will Need About 14 iron Rod At Most and About 130 steel Rope.

This Information Will Be Most Helpful If you Are Doing Chain beam else You Will Need Adjustment As Each Door And Window beam Needs to Be Projected A Bit on Either Sides.

PLEASE NOTE I'M NOT AN ENGINEER
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by LaIabobo: 12:06am On Apr 18
Please does anyone know the current cost of sliding windows white/cream material with permanent net and tinted reflective glass for 4ft by 4ft window and 2ft by 2ft windows??
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by RockOfAgesAlumi(m): 3:16am On Apr 18
LaIabobo:
Please does anyone know the current cost of sliding windows white/cream material with permanent net and tinted reflective glass for 4ft by 4ft window and 2ft by 2ft windows??

Good morning sir
Sliding window with permanent net
•Price for each window•
4ft x 4ft--45k
2ft x 2ft--15k
Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (3651) (3652) (3653) (3654) (3655) (3656) (3657) ... (3664) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.