Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,741 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:26 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3657) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4385266 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3654) (3655) (3656) (3657) (3658) (3659) (3660) ... (3667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 11:52pm On Apr 19
pawn89:

is this plus delivery or not ?

What about 20mm TMT rods - how much ??
plus Delivery

20mm tmt @N1m also plus delivery.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by pawn89(m): 1:54am On Apr 20
Please be cautious, everyone. There is an individual using the name "hslbroker2" who claims to deal in building materials. He advertised on this esteemed thread that he supplies rods and accepts payment upon delivery. Considering the low risk involved—as the worst-case scenario would be my engineer rejecting the goods—I engaged him to order TMT rods and binding wire. However, shortly after our interaction began, he started acting suspiciously and began soliciting money under the pretense that he was stranded and needed the funds urgently.

Sensing fraudulent intentions, I confronted him about his sketchy behavior and decided not to do business with him. His persistence became quite irritating, prompting me to block him. Anticipating that he might attempt to cover his tracks if my suspicions were correct, I had already taken screenshots of our conversation. True to my suspicions, he deleted the WhatsApp conversations shortly after being blocked.

I am posting here to warn unsuspecting members of this esteemed forum to be wary of him—he is not trustworthy. Incidents like this complicate transactions and are a disservice to those who are genuine in their dealings.

I have attached the screenshots as evidence for you all to see.

Let’s stay vigilant. Thank you!

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by pawn89(m): 1:55am On Apr 20
more screenshots

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by pawn89(m): 1:56am On Apr 20
some more that shows he deleted the conversations and notice he changed his display picture

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 2:23am On Apr 20
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by pawn89(m): 2:31am On Apr 20
hslbroker2:

You see how you just exposed yourself even more. I need not engage you further, by your own mouth, you have been condemned !

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 2:34am On Apr 20
pawn89:

Please be cautious, everyone. There is an individual using the name "hslbroker2" who claims to deal in building materials. He advertised on this esteemed thread that he supplies rods and accepts payment upon delivery. Considering the low risk involved—as the worst-case scenario would be my engineer rejecting the goods—I engaged him to order TMT rods and binding wire. However, shortly after our interaction began, he started acting suspiciously and began soliciting money under the pretense that he was stranded and needed the funds urgently.

Sensing fraudulent intentions, I confronted him about his sketchy behavior and decided not to do business with him. His persistence became quite irritating, prompting me to block him. Anticipating that he might attempt to cover his tracks if my suspicions were correct, I had already taken screenshots of our conversation. True to my suspicions, he deleted the WhatsApp conversations shortly after being blocked.

I am posting here to warn unsuspecting members of this esteemed forum to be wary of him—he is not trustworthy. Incidents like this complicate transactions and are a disservice to those who are genuine in their dealings.

Oga came down,

I have not supply you and you not pay me.

I actually need your little help at that time, because I was having difficulty sending money from gtb, and it was urgent to solve a problem, just to get fuel and get home, which is understandable, though it not business wise and you said you can't do it and that is all.

looking at the time we are both talking, which past 12am, I can't reach anyone, and you are still online, if I have offended you by asking for that little help me please sorry.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 2:39am On Apr 20
pawn89:

You see how you just exposed yourself even more. I need not engage you further, by your own mouth, you have been condemned !
tell me how asking for help had become a problem, I said I have problem with my gtb bank, that I can use opay, just to get some fuel and get home, and you said no, and it all ok and I said I have solved it, that is all. I was coming from a delivery and was late.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by pawn89(m): 2:41am On Apr 20
hslbroker2:

Oga came down,

I have not supply you and you not pay me.

I actually need your little help at that time, because I was having difficulty sending money from gtb, and it was urgent to solve a problem, just to get fuel and get home, which is understandable, though it not business wise and you said you can't do it and that is all.

Why you bringing this up.

So you modified your previous ranting about POD and how you mistakenly sent those messages to me and had to delete them and so now you have gone to realign in an attempt to continue perpetuating your ruse.

I be confirmed Warri boi, you nor reach!

Your matter don cast, dey play!!

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 4:42am On Apr 20
Osinachiadima global enterprise

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 4:43am On Apr 20
Dfameguy11s

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rany4all(m): 5:50am On Apr 20
fashrola:

That is why he's different from the rest of electricians, His work sets him apart, Quality and aesthetics and he has modern tools.....

I was amazed with his wire arrangement in a DB (It was really neat).

I hope to engage him soon on my project..... Cos i have an electrical design system i need for my house, Which involves DC wiring for Emergency lightings, fire alarm systems.....
I'm telling you. Topsy's electrical installations are simply 'beautiful to behold'. I must commend him for that and hope he doesn't let what seems to be common practice amongst Nigerian artisans corrupt him.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by SaintUlot: 7:00am On Apr 20
Balistic4:

Was it bought brand new? If so, what's the make, Africel? Finally, what's your location

Purchased brand new, location is Ibadan

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by walexyll(m): 7:17am On Apr 20
pawn89:

Those prices were too good to be true. Wanted to buy a ton...went to all physical locations I know in Ibadan, cheapest I could get last week was 1m...and he was advertising less than 900k...I knew he was going to waste my time. So, my audit instinct told me not to engage.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by SaintUlot: 7:22am On Apr 20
5 months used 300w x 3 Monochristaline Solar panels available for sale

Price 65k

Call/WhatsApp 08035537864 if interested

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ChybuzzDD(m): 7:47am On Apr 20
gentlesoul83:
Still trusted Roofing woods decking woods and bamboo seller at affordable prices. Quality is guaranteed

WhatsApp 08032339807

How much currently for planks and bamboo per one?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by olukaygold(m): 7:55am On Apr 20
OniJohn:

How much do you charge per block?
5k per Bag sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by olukaygold(m): 8:04am On Apr 20
walexyll:

Those prices were too good to be true. Wanted to buy a ton...went to all physical locations I know in Ibadan, cheapest I could get last week was 1m...and he was advertising less than 900k...I knew he was going to waste my time. So, my audit instinct told me not to engage.
I'm not supporting the Guy, but
The Price is less than 900k if You know your Way and also depending on who You're dealing with, cos that same TMT, I still got it at 870K on Tuesday at Adoekiti, while another Popular Distributor in Adoekiti wanted to sell it at the rate of 1.2m.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Masterbiodun: 8:05am On Apr 20
Masterbiodun:
Brand new original Wooden Door available for clearance sale

Location - Ikotun Lagos

80k,slightly negotiatable

08066561593 - WhatsApp

Available
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nero2424: 8:26am On Apr 20
SaintUlot:

Price 65k

I would need them. If they can be waybilled to the East. Some one cracked some of mine on the roof.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nero2424: 8:28am On Apr 20
Is there anyone here that can build me windows in owerri? Please reach out.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by RockOfAgesAlumi(m): 9:58am On Apr 20
Nero2424:
Is there anyone here that can build me windows in owerri? Please reach out.
Good morning sir
We are available for you here sir!
We work nationwide
Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 10:02am On Apr 20
walexyll:

my brother they produced majority of the iron rods we used in the south west at Odogunyan in Ikorodu, Lagos state, we load directly from the factory to part Lagos and Ogun, that is why our prices are always cheaper than the retailers, we are distributor, give us a try, at least you will see what you want to buy before you pay, and if you are not please, we return it back not a perishable item.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by pawn89(m): 10:30am On Apr 20
walexyll:

I though to same too, best case was he delivers and the materials are of inferior quality - in which case, my engineer would just reject the material on site.
The guy is just a crook wanting to steal from unsuspecting Nigerians and making business hard for genuine folks

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gentlesoul83(m): 11:27am On Apr 20
ChybuzzDD:

How much currently for planks and bamboo per one?

Plank 1x12 hardwood - 5500 per unit
Plank 1x12 whitewood - 3000 per unit
Bamboo is 900 per unit

For more enquiries please WhatsApp 08032339807
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by SaintUlot: 11:31am On Apr 20
SaintUlot:

Price 65k

Sold.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kkonsults: 12:08pm On Apr 20
Contact us for your Architectural Designs and Construction Services

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by walexyll(m): 12:13pm On Apr 20
olukaygold:

I'm not supporting the Guy, but
The Price is less than 900k if You know your Way and also depending on who You're dealing with, cos that same TMT, I still got it at 870K on Tuesday at Adoekiti, while another Popular Distributor in Adoekiti wanted to sell it at the rate of 1.2m.

Going by their conversation, offering free delivery to Warri at that price point is something to also consider.
In my world, it is a red flag....I will rather buy a little bit more expensive than risk such.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rany4all(m): 12:44pm On Apr 20
walexyll:

Going by their conversation, offering free delivery to Warri at that price point is something to also consider.
In my world, it is a red flag....I will rather buy a little bit more expensive than risk such.
Exactly...plus he also deleted all his chats immediately his potential 'mugu' caught him at his game. Exact same modus operandi of online scammers. Nothing anybody wan tell me, genuine vendor or not, I don't care, I've just added another name to my nairaland 'black list'.

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by pawn89(m): 1:39pm On Apr 20
Rany4all:
Exactly...plus he also deleted all his chats immediately his potential 'mugu' caught him at his game. Exact same modus operandi of online scammers. Nothing anybody wan tell me, genuine vendor or not, I don't care, I've just added another name to my nairaland 'black list'.

he still dey learn work, na me e wan catch mugu! dey nor born am wel!

We started talking at about 7:00 PM EST and that's like 12 mid night naija time and he's at the petrol station buying what ? which petrol station dey open at that hour ?

To make things worse, somehow, he was able to get on his laptop and respond to my post on nairaland, all while still at the gas station.

gaps just full the guy story, nothing adds up.

Make everybody blacklist that guy, he's a fraudster who's learning on the job, e never sabi am finish and that is why his story is not coherent

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 2:33pm On Apr 20
Plastering going on here

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by olukaygold(m): 3:14pm On Apr 20
walexyll:

Na here I also learnt my Lesson, No matter how You package yourself/ People hyped You here,either Bring your Goods to my Site and collect your Money or make I send my Secretary to your Shop/Warehouse for Verification...Shikena

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (3654) (3655) (3656) (3657) (3658) (3659) (3660) ... (3667) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Philipgarza31, bolu1986(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.