Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,697 members, 7,816,851 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:48 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3659) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4388451 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3656) (3657) (3658) (3659) (3660) (3661) (3662) ... (3667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 9:10pm On Apr 21
toyeoye:

Simply put, it is much more expensive when compared with stamped concrete.
Consider you will spend money on following:

Floor preparation
Cement and sand
Cost of quality outdoor tiles
Labour

I disagree with you, al you just stated are equally employed in making outdoor tiling landscape. Even more. You need a colourant, a sealant and a releasing agent.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cletz991(m): 9:11pm On Apr 21
I need electric accessories.whats your location
twinskenny:
yes ogami
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 9:18pm On Apr 21
twinskenny:
Why don’t people consider tiles for outside flooring?

This right here is well done and beautiful

Might be cheaper too

Stamp is good but the heat during hot weather is something else

My only concern is that it will be very slippery when wet. In addition, the material strength cannot be compared to concrete. So, tiles will not withstand the weight heavy trucks . They will definitely crack under such pressure.
Lastly, the cost of tiles with authentic anti slip surface would be very expensive. They are even more expensive than granites.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by toyeoye(m): 9:22pm On Apr 21
erico2k2:

I disagree with you, al you just stated are equally employed in making outdoor tiling landscape. Even more. You need a colourant, a sealant and a releasing agent.

I speak from personal experience and quotation. You use a more cement for outdoor still buy tiles..colourant, a sealant and a releasing agent money is chicken change to price of tiles
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 9:25pm On Apr 21
cletz991:
I need electric accessories.whats your location

Lagos let’s talk.., I can send anywhere

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by VanuatuWycombe: 9:30pm On Apr 21
olukaygold:

I'm not supporting the Guy, but
The Price is less than 900k if You know your Way and also depending on who You're dealing with, cos that same TMT, I still got it at 870K on Tuesday at Adoekiti, while another Popular Distributor in Adoekiti wanted to sell it at the rate of 1.2m.

You could be right but TMT is different from TMT PSL’s TMT is cheaper than that of Hi-tech. That’s of Hi-tech is cheaper than Tiger. Etc
Some rod manufacturers are only writing TMT on their rods but those rods were/are not made , using TMT technology.

Lots of people are buying locals as TMT.

Correct TMT is not lesser than N1.5m

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dannie007(m): 9:31pm On Apr 21
I can do it for you Sir. Contact me on.

OX Furniture

cletz991:
I need this for my kitchen.who can design it.location Benin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by toyeoye(m): 9:34pm On Apr 21
sonnie10:

My only concern is that it will be very slippery when wet. In addition, the material strength cannot be compared to concrete. So, tiles will not withstand the weight heavy trucks . They will definitely crack under such pressure.
Lastly, the cost of tiles with authentic anti slip surface would be very expensive. They are even more expensive than granites.

In the long run, tiles are preferable but you see those quality outdoor tiles you mention don't come cheap...forget these guys using cheap tiles, you don't want to manage anyhow tiles for this project
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 10:10pm On Apr 21
sonnie10:

You speak my mind. I went to a client house in Ikoyi and saw so many cracks on the outside floor tiles. We went there for power audit because they always have power surge. I don't think tiles can withstand the weight of heavy duty trucks like Interlocks and stamp concrete.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 10:32pm On Apr 21
toyeoye:

I speak from personal experience and quotation. You use a more cement for outdoor still buy tiles..colourant, a sealant and a releasing agent money is chicken change to price of tiles
@ 7500 per square metre?I used 125 bags of cement to floor my yard, 2x25tones of sand and nearly 50tones of granite, I did the stamping myself cos I made the tool design myself.
https://www.nairaland.com/2804484/diy-construction-house-ph/19
So I am talking from personal Experience as I was doing my building DIY, I just dnt know why I did not explore the tiling option.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by toyeoye(m): 10:33pm On Apr 21
erico2k2:

@ 7500 per square metre?I used 125 bags of cement to floor my yard, 2x25tones of sand and nearly 50tones of granite, I did the stamping myself cos I made the tool design myself.

Okay
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 10:57pm On Apr 21
twinskenny:

Might be cheaper too

Remember same thing I communicated to you when I saw your work on that Eastern project.
I wish I thought about this when I was stamping my floor on one full plot… some thought for future projects.
But I will first compare the cost of tilings with good outdoor tiles before jumping into decisions.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 11:09pm On Apr 21
erico2k2:

https://www.nairaland.com/2804484/diy-construction-house-ph/19
So I am talking from personal Experience as I was doing my building DIY, I just dnt know why I did not explore the tiling option.
I would rather do what you did than use all those common shine shine tiles. I have seen the real outdoor tiles and I definitely know that nothing they have in Nigeria comes close to it.
This is from a place I went to today .
The real thing to do is using natural stones that are cut into regular tiles shapes.
In Nigeria because there are no property insurance, people just do whatever. No insurance would cover any house with such outdoor floor because it’s a big liability.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 11:20pm On Apr 21
sonnie10:

I would rather do what you did than use all those common shine shine tiles. I have seen the real outdoor tiles and I definitely know that nothing they have in Nigeria comes close to it.
This is from a place I went to today
grin grin grin grin Noted bro
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 11:28pm On Apr 21
twinskenny:

Might be cheaper too

Tiles will also absorb heat and release it back into the compound. Stamped concrete and compound tiles are bad for the environment as they encourage heat, localised flooding and erosion.

Grass (field turf), flowers and trees are best compound solution. One could execute a compound garden concept from just 50k with amazing result. Grass, flowers and trees (nature) are incredibly natural heat absorber and expeler.

So my own is why are homeowners not exploring the garden solution..

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 12:41am On Apr 22
diordaves:

Tiles will also absorb heat and release it back into the compound. Stamped concrete and compound tiles are bad for the environment as they encourage heat, localised flooding and erosion.

Grass (field turf), flowers and trees are best compound solution. One could execute a compound garden concept from just 50k with amazing result. Grass, flowers and trees (nature) are incredibly natural heat absorber and expeler.

So my own is why are homeowners not exploring the garden solution..
Maintenance of garden is tasking. Every two weeks or so, you are cutting grasses and trimming shrubs. Even when you have mechanical tools to do these things, weeds in very hard to reach places must be hand pulled. Herbicides are not my thing, the cost of chemotherapy or radiotherapy can even build one duplex.
At the end, you spend most of your weekends when you are supposed to rest mending your yard. Except if you can afford a paid gardener, then no problem.
Another thing is insects, even rodents and reptiles. Guess what flooring type would be more inhabitable for them?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chae: 6:20am On Apr 22
I need a good architect that can draw a very suitable plan of event centre with a gym.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Obinnau(m): 6:28am On Apr 22
abdulwastecx:

This is precast rib slab construction. I'm planning to start providing this service in Nigeria

It has lots of advantages like, it being cheaper, it's faster and it's as sound as the rigid slab normally adopted in Nigeria.

Also, you can achieve the required strength for the rib beams because they can be properly cured.

One major disadvantage is that its joints need to be properly designed especially for areas prone to seismic activities.

I hope you guys will patronize my smart_slab solution �
Have you started?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by speak2bella(f): 7:39am On Apr 22
Hello people, please I need your honest advice on how to remedy this sockaway project. The person is trying to build a precast sockaway because the soil is sandy. However, while trying to dig the ground so the precast sinks down, it cracked and why trying to figure that out, the side starts to compress.

I will be in the comment section to read your honest advice. Many thanks great minds.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Badgers14: 8:08am On Apr 22
speak2bella:
Hello people, please I need your honest advice on how to remedy this sockaway project. The person is trying to build a precast sockaway because the soil is sandy. However, while trying to dig the ground so the precast sinks down, it cracked and why trying to figure that out, the side starts to compress.

I will be in the comment section to read your honest advice. Many thanks great minds.

Wahala wahala..

I was just wondering the engineers thought process? As it is now, how do they plan to proceed as their initial plan did not work out?

I am not an engineer myself but maybe that was a wrong approach to begin with?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Badgers14: 8:13am On Apr 22
abdulwastecx:

This is precast rib slab construction. I'm planning to start providing this service in Nigeria

It has lots of advantages like, it being cheaper, it's faster and it's as sound as the rigid slab normally adopted in Nigeria.

Also, you can achieve the required strength for the rib beams because they can be properly cured.

One major disadvantage is that its joints need to be properly designed especially for areas prone to seismic activities.

I hope you guys will patronize my smart_slab solution �

Is there a limit to using this precast slab?

Like can one use it in multi storey buildings like say 3 to 4 storey?

I have seen this trend in east African buildings but they are usually one storey building.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Badgers14: 8:22am On Apr 22
sonnie10:

This is from a place I went to today .
The real thing to do is using natural stones that are cut into regular tiles shapes.
In Nigeria because there are no property insurance, people just do whatever. No insurance would cover any house with such outdoor floor because it’s a big liability.

A friend did that shine shine outdoor tiles and I was not even amused by it, I was shocked to see that. Like man what thinketh thou ? He said ehn ehn so people will know he has arrived, and he has no business with reptiles crawling in his compound.

I understand that's his house and all but his reasons got me shaking my head.. I guess why should we care about human safety, slip and falls etc?

This is a guy that have journeyed Europe and have seen those exterior tiles that lasts for thousands of years... easy to maintain too..

For the reptiles there's many natural solutions to that, introduce plants that they don't like in your compound etc..
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by JinaduJosefu(m): 8:48am On Apr 22
sonnie10:

I will send you the contact of their agent. He supplied mine and for some members here.
I have sent two NL DMs to you...not sure you saw it...
I am still waiting for the contact's info.
Thanks in advance
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uwemjack(m): 9:10am On Apr 22
speak2bella:
The septic tank has failed because it was not properly reinforced and the span is too long to cast on the surface and sunk as a unit. Money used here is lost already.

I will recommend you cast a new septic tank within this failed one(the failed one will act as earthwork support), but make sure the walls of the new cast are double reinforced.
Engage an engineer to give you the reinforcement design details to be used.
I'm not an engineer!

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by JinaduJosefu(m): 9:15am On Apr 22
Hello folks,

Can I get quotes for transom windows[b] without[/b] burglary based on the attached measurements? Pix 1
Other Specifications;
5mm thick blue reflective glass
stainless rails for protector placed horizontally @ 150mm c/c.
No net frame and no net yet.
Material is thick imported

Windows are not the usual ones...so, dimensions were accurately taken.

I also attached in pix 2 what I meant as partitioned
Pix 3 is a sample "normal" window

Thanks in advance.

CC: @ RockOfAgesAlumi

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ishadfurnitures: 9:53am On Apr 22
Chat 08099212590
Chae:
I need a good architect that can draw a very suitable plan of event centre with a gym.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Masterbiodun: 9:57am On Apr 22
Masterbiodun:
Brand new original Wooden Door available for clearance sale

Location - Ikotun Lagos

80k,slightly negotiatable

08066561593 - WhatsApp

Still available people
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by speak2bella(f): 9:59am On Apr 22
Badgers14:

Wahala wahala..

I was just wondering the engineers thought process? As it is now, how did they plan to proceed as their initial plan did not work out?

I am not an engineer myself but maybe that was a wrong approach to begin with?

Thank you
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by speak2bella(f): 9:59am On Apr 22
uwemjack:

The septic tank has failed because it was not properly reinforced and the span is too long to cast on the surface and sunk as a unit. Money used here is lost already.

I will recommend you cast a new septic tank within this failed one(the failed one will act as earthwork support), but make sure the walls of the new cast are double reinforced.
Engage an engineer to give you the reinforcement design details to be used.
I'm not an engineer!

Thank you
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by SALLYBERRY01(m): 10:11am On Apr 22
Introducing to you our latest Exterior and interior project, we installed Artificial Grass in the exterior and interior of the house.

We sell and install Quality Artificial Grass.

IG: atlantic_interiors

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by SALLYBERRY01(m): 10:15am On Apr 22
SALLYBERRY01:
Introducing to you our latest Exterior and interior project, we installed Artificial Grass in the exterior and interior of the house.

We sell and install Quality Artificial Grass.

IG: atlantic_interiors

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by olukaygold(m): 10:18am On Apr 22
VanuatuWycombe:

You could be right but TMT is different from TMT PSL’s TMT is cheaper than that of Hi-tech. That’s of Hi-tech is cheaper than Tiger. Etc
Some rod manufacturers are only writing TMT on their rods but those rods were/are not made , using TMT technology.

Lots of people are buying locals as TMT.

Correct TMT is not lesser than N1.5m
That's why it's very important to Let a Professional Hand, handles your Project.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3656) (3657) (3658) (3659) (3660) (3661) (3662) ... (3667) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: twinskenny(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.