Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,768 members, 7,865,987 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 09:37 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3680) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4513372 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3677) (3678) (3679) (3680) (3681) (3682) (3683) ... (3698) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BizTrust: 10:32am On May 23
Hyinkar97:
Hello builders, is it possible to do a POP design for a ceiling like this? It's an old building so there's no anchor to hold the POP boards, I think.

Is it still possible to install POP designs?
Yes you can install pop ceiling on it , you can contact me incase you want installation. 09062308261
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 11:09am On May 23
Petmayor:
POP guys in the house, I want to do POP for 4 bedroom bungalow of 150sqm total ceiling space.

How much will it cost please?

Budget ₦1.5M . charge rate is ₦10K per sqm

Call or WhatsApp 09122348437

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redgem(f): 11:23am On May 23
ATLANTIC01:
Atlantic interiors and exteriors designs

We sell and install Artificial Grass in bundles and per sqm

Quality Artificial Grass (Artificial Turf)

Available in bundles and per sqm

10mm 4000
15mm 4500
20mm 6000
25mm 6500
30mm 7000
40mm 8000

The higher the mm the fuller the grass.

IG: atlantic_interiors

Should the ground be floored before installation?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BizTrust: 12:04pm On May 23
Experience elegance like never before with our expert gypsum board ceiling installations.

Our services transform ordinary spaces into extraordinary showcases of sophistication and style. Whether you're renovating a home, outfitting an office, or creating a stunning commercial environment, our gypsum board ceilings offer a perfect blend of functionality and aesthetic appeal.

Our team of highly skilled professionals is dedicated to delivering top-notch craftsmanship. We meticulously install each gypsum board, ensuring precision and attention to detail that results in seamless finishes and flawless surfaces. The beauty of our gypsum board ceilings lies not only in their sleek, modern appearance but also in their ability to enhance acoustic performance and improve fire resistance, making them an ideal choice for any setting.

Choosing our expert installation service means you are opting for quality and durability. We use the finest materials available, ensuring that your ceiling will stand the test of time while maintaining its pristine look. Our gypsum board ceilings are versatile, allowing for a variety of design options that can be customised to meet your specific needs and preferences. From simple, clean lines to intricate patterns and designs, we can create a ceiling that perfectly complements your interior decor.

In addition to their aesthetic and functional benefits, our gypsum board ceilings are also an eco-friendly choice. We are committed to sustainable practices, using materials that are recyclable and minimising waste during the installation process. This means you can enjoy a beautiful ceiling while also contributing to environmental preservation.

When you choose our expert gypsum board ceiling installations, you're not just getting a service; you're investing in an experience of elegance and quality that transforms your space. Trust us to deliver exceptional results that will leave a lasting impression, elevating the ambiance of your home or business to new heights of refinement and sophistication.

Our services
Gypsum board or drywall ceiling installations
Pop ceiling(casting pop) Installation
Office partitions
Wall screeding
TV wall cabinets

You can call or message us today on WhatsApp 09062308261 OR 08112820381 . For your quotation, inspection and Negotiations . We work all around Nigeria 🇳🇬

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 12:37pm On May 23
robonski15:
I am in need of an experienced engineer to complete my building project. Location Mainland
Kindly drop contact details.

My oga rotecch77 i need your recommendation.
Thank You

Good Afternoon Sir.
I can handle your interior Pop design, Wainscott design & Screeding, when you get to that stage.

Godspeed on your project!.

Call or WhatsApp 09122348437

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ajabani4allah(m): 1:37pm On May 23
I just came across Both Aluminum and Polystyrene parapets recently, pls which of these two is cheaper and better to use for 3bdroom bungalow?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ATLANTIC01: 2:21pm On May 23
redgem:

Should the ground be floored before installation?

Yes sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Aduragbemi45(m): 3:12pm On May 23
hamtabfawaz:

Buy 80bags of Pop cement (your design matters)
100kg of fillas.

The design matters sir...

Let's talk about business

08084563296 whatsapp
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sekzy99(m): 3:43pm On May 23
Evening all.

Planning to resume my project

I need a rough estimate to get the following done.

1. Electrical Wiring (Considering going off grid in the next 5 years)
2. Plumbering system

Note:
1. It’s a 4 bedroom with 4 baths
2. Location is Mowe, Ogun State.
3. This estimate is to help me know how much I need to have at hand before I call on electrician and plumber.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GreaterFuture(m): 4:24pm On May 23
If you are into Horticulture and Landscaping, Please DM
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GreaterFuture(m): 4:31pm On May 23
Meanwhile who can help?
Please do if you can...

how many Litres or Kilograms of sand (top soil, clean filtered one) will cover a Square metre of land, filling? Up to 12 inches deep?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Scalabu: 8:25pm On May 23
Top 10 Architecture Firms in Benin City, 2024

Benin is home to a thriving architecture scene, with firms that blend tradition and innovation to create stunning and functional designs. In 2024, these top 10 architecture firms are leading the way, showcasing exceptional creativity, sustainability, and client-focused solutions in Benin City.

1. The Building Practice Ltd
2. Spazio Architecture
3. Arcon Group
4. UrbanSpace Architects
5. Benin Build Studios
6. ArchiConsult Ltd
7. Alpha Design Works
8. Pinnacle Planners
9. Supreme Structure Designs
10. Elite Architecture and Design

Contact Number: +234 904 9721 840
Email: info@buildingpractice.biz

The Building Practice Ltd is a premier architecture firm known for its dynamic team of professionals dedicated to providing outstanding architectural services. Founded in 2013, the firm has rapidly grown to become a leader in the industry, aiming to be the most popular architectural practice in Nigeria by 2025. Their approach combines in-depth knowledge, skill, and artistry, ensuring each project evokes appealing moods and ideas capable of stoking human emotions.

Our Architectural Services

Our services encompass

1. Building Planning, Design and Documentation
2. Facility Management and Maintenance
3. Interior Design
4. Real Estate Development
5. Project Management
6. Green Building Documentation and Advisory
7. Building Fire Consultancy and Solutions
8.Building Construction
9. Construction Management

We collaborate with specialized companies, granting us access to world-class ideas, skills, and innovative technology. This partnership allows us to provide integrated and value-added services, efficiently solving complex problems. By adhering to local and international building codes, we ensure our projects meet the highest industry standards.

2. Spazio Architecture

Spazio Architecture is known for its innovative and sustainable designs. They specialize in creating spaces that are both functional and aesthetically pleasing. With a strong focus on client satisfaction, Spazio Architecture provides comprehensive services from initial concept to project completion.

3. Arcon Group

Arcon Group is a well-established firm in Benin, offering a wide range of architectural services. They have a reputation for delivering high-quality projects that meet the specific needs of their clients. Their portfolio includes residential, commercial, and industrial projects.

4. UrbanSpace Architects

UrbanSpace Architects is renowned for its modern and urban design solutions. They focus on creating vibrant and sustainable urban environments. Their expertise extends to urban planning, landscape architecture, and interior design.

5. Benin Build Studios

Benin Build Studios is a creative architecture firm that emphasizes innovative design and sustainable practices. They are known for their unique approach to residential and commercial projects, blending traditional and contemporary styles.

6. ArchiConsult Ltd

ArchiConsult Ltd offers a broad spectrum of architectural and engineering services. Their team of experts is dedicated to delivering projects that adhere to the highest standards of quality and efficiency. They have a strong track record in both the public and private sectors.

7. Alpha Design Works

Alpha Design Works is an architecture firm specializing in cutting-edge design and technology. They focus on creating smart buildings that are energy-efficient and environmentally friendly. Their portfolio includes high-tech commercial and residential buildings.

8. Pinnacle Planners

Pinnacle Planners is known for its strategic approach to architectural design and urban planning. They work closely with clients to develop projects that are both practical and innovative. Their services include master planning, building design, and project management.

Supreme Structure Designs is a versatile architecture firm that handles a wide range of projects, from residential homes to large commercial complexes. They are committed to delivering high-quality designs that meet the unique needs of their clients.

Elite Architecture and Design is a boutique firm that offers personalized architectural services. They specialize in luxury residential and commercial projects, providing bespoke solutions that reflect the client’s vision and lifestyle.

These firms represent the pinnacle of architectural excellence in Benin, offering a diverse range of services and expertise to meet the varied needs of their clients. Whether you are looking for innovative residential designs, sustainable urban planning, or cutting-edge commercial projects, these top 10 firms have the skills and experience to bring your vision to life.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cash1115(m): 8:34pm On May 23
We are available for you project

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Scalabu: 9:57pm On May 23
Top 10 Architecture Firms in Abuja 2024

Abuja, the vibrant capital city of Nigeria, is rapidly evolving into a hub of modern architectural marvels. As the city expands, the demand for innovative and sustainable architectural designs continues to grow. This article delves into the top architecture firms in Abuja, highlighting their contributions to the city's skyline and their roles in pioneering cutting-edge designs that blend functionality with aesthetic appeal.

2. Spazio Architecture
3. Arcon Group
4. UrbanSpace Architects
5. Benin Build Studios
6. ArchiConsult Ltd
7. Alpha Design Works
8. Pinnacle Planners

Contact Number: +234 904 9721 840
Email: info@buildingpractice.biz

The Building Practice Ltd is a premier architecture firm known for its dynamic team of professionals dedicated to providing outstanding architectural services. Founded in 2013, the firm has rapidly grown to become a leader in the industry, aiming to be the most popular architectural practice in Nigeria by 2025. Their approach combines in-depth knowledge, skill, and artistry, ensuring each project evokes appealing moods and ideas capable of stoking human emotions.

Our Architectural Services

Our services encompass

1. Building Planning, Design and Documentation
2. Facility Management and Maintenance
3. Interior Design
4. Real Estate Development
5. Project Management
6. Green Building Documentation and Advisory
7. Building Fire Consultancy and Solutions
8.Building Construction
9. Construction Management

We collaborate with specialized companies, granting us access to world-class ideas, skills, and innovative technology. This partnership allows us to provide integrated and value-added services, efficiently solving complex problems. By adhering to local and international building codes, we ensure our projects meet the highest industry standards.

2. Spazio Architecture

Spazio Architecture is known for its innovative and sustainable designs. They specialize in creating spaces that are both functional and aesthetically pleasing. With a strong focus on client satisfaction, Spazio Architecture provides comprehensive services from initial concept to project completion.

3. Arcon Group

Arcon Group is a well-established firm in Benin, offering a wide range of architectural services. They have a reputation for delivering high-quality projects that meet the specific needs of their clients. Their portfolio includes residential, commercial, and industrial projects.

4. UrbanSpace Architects

UrbanSpace Architects is renowned for its modern and urban design solutions. They focus on creating vibrant and sustainable urban environments. Their expertise extends to urban planning, landscape architecture, and interior design.
5. Benin Build Studios

Benin Build Studios is a creative architecture firm that emphasizes innovative design and sustainable practices. They are known for their unique approach to residential and commercial projects, blending traditional and contemporary styles.

6. ArchiConsult Ltd

ArchiConsult Ltd offers a broad spectrum of architectural and engineering services. Their team of experts is dedicated to delivering projects that adhere to the highest standards of quality and efficiency. They have a strong track record in both the public and private sectors.

7. Alpha Design Works

Alpha Design Works is an architecture firm specializing in cutting-edge design and technology. They focus on creating smart buildings that are energy-efficient and environmentally friendly. Their portfolio includes high-tech commercial and residential buildings.

8. Pinnacle Planners

Pinnacle Planners is known for its strategic approach to architectural design and urban planning. They work closely with clients to develop projects that are both practical and innovative. Their services include master planning, building design, and project management.

Supreme Structure Designs is a versatile architecture firm that handles a wide range of projects, from residential homes to large commercial complexes. They are committed to delivering high-quality designs that meet the unique needs of their clients.

Elite Architecture and Design is a boutique firm that offers personalized architectural services. They specialize in luxury residential and commercial projects, providing bespoke solutions that reflect the client’s vision and lifestyle.

As Abuja continues to develop as a central hub of commerce, culture, and governance in Nigeria, the influence of its top architecture firms becomes increasingly evident. These firms are not just constructing buildings; they are creating the framework for the city's future, ensuring that it remains at the forefront of architectural innovation and sustainability.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Bluffly: 10:27pm On May 23
Hello, can I bury reclin wire in the ground housing it with a ppr 3 inches pipe
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 10:55pm On May 23
Bluffly:

Nope
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Bluffly: 11:50pm On May 23
twinskenny:

Nope
Why? Armoured is possible because it had iron insulation which prevents damage in case of digging, humidity, maintenance hazard. And if any other wire is provided same should do it as well. My thoughts
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Procarpenter: 12:14am On May 24
I’m a professional roofing carpenter and I install all kind of roofing sheet such as stone coated,aluminum long span etc with 20% discount on all my work. And I use best hard wood quality materials and I work worldwide. Contact me through my signature below call or WhatsApp I’m available for you all.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 6:48am On May 24
Bluffly:

Not advisable, the insulation is very lite, can easily melt when there is heat. Not advisable to go through ground. Used mainly for overhead line.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 6:57am On May 24
Bluffly:

Why? Armoured is possible because it had iron insulation which prevents damage in case of digging, humidity, maintenance hazard. And if any other wire is provided same should do it as well. My thoughts

He can ask well go for PVC/PVC cable by pulling the cable through a UPVC pipe sleeve
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Bluffly: 8:20am On May 24
topsy23:

Not advisable, the insulation is very lite, can easily melt when there is heat. Not advisable to go through ground. Used mainly for overhead line.
But can I join reclin to armoured cable..The reclin will be above ground while the armoured will be in the ground. Just trying to see if I can reduce cost
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Reeefe(m): 9:06am On May 24
What is the price of one 10 ton tipper of ¾ size granite from AUCHI?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cash1115(m): 9:18am On May 24
Available for you project, Pop, screeding, artwork, tv console

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by alphabbey1(m): 9:22am On May 24
I need someone to please criticize this quote given by an engineer...

Estimation For Decking

IRON- y16. 75length @ 18,000
Y12.400 length @ 10000=
Y10.98. Lengths@6500
Labour 200,000
Transport 30,000
Total = 4,825,000

Woods
1 by 6 200pic@800 =160,000
1 by 9 50pic @1600= 80,000
2 by 3 300pic @ 600= 180,000
1 by 12 420pic @ 1800=756,000
3inch Nail 2 bags 45,000
2inch Nail 2 bags 40,000
4inch Nail 1 bag. 22,000
Binding wire 20kg 32,000
Bamboo 400pic @1200=480,000
Workmanship 250,000
Total =2,045,000

MATERIALS FOR CASTING
2 HOWO 200,000
Gravel 40tons@6500=260,000
Transport 70,000
Dust 30ton 6500= 174,000
Transport 55,000
Filling 30,000
Casting 300,000
Water 50,000
Vibrator Available
Curing 5days 5000
Total 3,080,000

Electrical
8pack of 20mm pipe @ 12,000=96,000
5 pack of 25mm pipe @ 16,000= 80,000
4pkt’s 20mm cop 3000=12,000
2pkt of 20mm cop small@1900=3800
4pkt of 25mm cop 2000=8,000
1 pvc gum big one =4000
Workmanships. =. 60,000
Total 263,800

Plumbing
4” pipe 6pic @ 4500=27,000
4” elbow 10pic @1000= 10,000
2” pipe 15pic. 2500=37,500
2”elbow 15pic. 500=7,500
2” tee 10pic. @ 500=5000
4” tee 10pic@ 1000= 10,000
4by2 tee. 8pic@1200= 9600
Abro gum. =9000
PPR pipe 5pic 2000=10,000
Workmanships = 50,000
Total 175,600

Total = 10,393,600

The stages of the work is below and stage 4 is about to start

Stages of the work
*FOUNDATION LEVEL
*BLOCK WORK AFTER DPC BEFORE THE LINTEL
*LINTEL AND LEVELING BEFORE DECKING
*DECKING, SLABING BEFORE THE FIRST FLOOR
*FIRST FLOOR, BLOCK WORK
*LINTEL AND LEVELING
*PARAPET AND ROOFING

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ChybuzzDD(m): 10:14am On May 24
alphabbey1:
I need someone to please criticize this quote given by an engineer...

Estimation For Decking

IRON- y16. 75length @ 18,000
Y12.400 length @ 10000=
Y10.98. Lengths@6500
Labour 200,000
Transport 30,000
Total = 4,825,000

Woods
1 by 6 200pic@800 =160,000
1 by 9 50pic @1600= 80,000
2 by 3 300pic @ 600= 180,000
1 by 12 420pic @ 1800=756,000
3inch Nail 2 bags 45,000
2inch Nail 2 bags 40,000
4inch Nail 1 bag. 22,000
Binding wire 20kg 32,000
Bamboo 400pic @1200=480,000
Workmanship 250,000
Total =2,045,000

MATERIALS FOR CASTING
2 HOWO 200,000
Gravel 40tons@6500=260,000
Transport 70,000
Dust 30ton 6500= 174,000
Transport 55,000
Filling 30,000
Casting 300,000
Water 50,000
Vibrator Available
Curing 5days 5000
Total 3,080,000

Electrical
8pack of 20mm pipe @ 12,000=96,000
5 pack of 25mm pipe @ 16,000= 80,000
4pkt’s 20mm cop 3000=12,000
2pkt of 20mm cop small@1900=3800
4pkt of 25mm cop 2000=8,000
1 pvc gum big one =4000
Workmanships. =. 60,000
Total 263,800

Plumbing
4” pipe 6pic @ 4500=27,000
4” elbow 10pic @1000= 10,000
2” pipe 15pic. 2500=37,500
2”elbow 15pic. 500=7,500
2” tee 10pic. @ 500=5000
4” tee 10pic@ 1000= 10,000
4by2 tee. 8pic@1200= 9600
Abro gum. =9000
PPR pipe 5pic 2000=10,000
Workmanships = 50,000
Total 175,600

Total = 10,393,600

The stages of the work is below and stage 4 is about to start

Stages of the work
*FOUNDATION LEVEL
*BLOCK WORK AFTER DPC BEFORE THE LINTEL
*LINTEL AND LEVELING BEFORE DECKING
*DECKING, SLABING BEFORE THE FIRST FLOOR
*FIRST FLOOR, BLOCK WORK
*LINTEL AND LEVELING
*PARAPET AND ROOFING

10.3m is quite high.
I decked a double 2bedroom flat last week and i didn't spent upto that amount.
It was approximately 8m, with total labour cost being 1m out of the 8m.
Buy the materials yourself, and go for about 75% of the quantity he estimated, especially for 12mm rods, woods, bamboos and chippings for a start.
And bargain the total labour cost with your engineer as a whole.
Don't bargain it independently with each worker.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 10:37am On May 24
Bluffly:

But can I join reclin to armoured cable..The reclin will be above ground while the armoured will be in the ground. Just trying to see if I can reduce cost

Joining will not work because reclin is aluminium while armored is coppercopper, except you will introduce something like isolaltor at the point of meeting
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Bluffly: 11:24am On May 24
topsy23:

Joining will not work because reclin is aluminium while armored is coppercopper, except you will introduce something like isolaltor at the point of meeting
What does the isolator look like?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 11:38am On May 24
Bluffly:

What does the isolator look like?

Same thing as gear switch
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Boldez37: 11:51am On May 24
HOT and Direct sale‼️

Acre of land with uncompleted 3bed bungalow in Egbeda, Ibadan-Ife road. Fenced and gated.
Title- C of O
Asking price- #28M (negotiable)+447424999475 - WhatsApp call / text.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cash1115(m): 11:55am On May 24
We are good in what we do

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Aduragbemi45(m): 11:57am On May 24
Good day pls contact ADYEM INTERIOR CONCEPTS for you building white ceiling pop, wall screeding in and out, TVstand cement artworks, pre Cast Parapet.

08084563296..... call and whatsapp

(1) (2) (3) ... (3677) (3678) (3679) (3680) (3681) (3682) (3683) ... (3698) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: nairaland94(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.