Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,847 members, 7,862,773 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 05:55 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3682) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4505777 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3679) (3680) (3681) (3682) (3683) (3684) (3685) ... (3695) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MDDarah84(m): 3:26pm On May 25
Please can one build during this rainy season between August and November? Any thing to be worried about during this period?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Skydivine: 4:15pm On May 25
VanuatuWycombe:

It’s a pity; you didn’t mention your location. Experts here could have been able to advise you well.

Be careful, my brother. Dem go skwana your money.

Are the rods locally made or imported or TMT?

A local TMT (usual one) is not more than N1,050,000 per tonne for 16mm. Local ones are between N700k and N800k. Buy your binding wire at the place where the rods are bought too and it would be cheaper. If the binding wire looks too stronger for bending, your iron benders will help you burn it a little with tyres and it would become softer.

The wood planks you need to buy the ones that are cut with band (bahn) saw, for them to be straight and be useful for lintel and decking so as not to be leaking your concrete.

Don’t let them supply you anyhow woods because the prices quoted for the woods up there are not for the band saw type. There would be too many short and bad ones among them.

For wood planks of 1x9 and 1x6, kukuma buy 1x12 and pay them a token to rip the planks to your desired sizes. The off cuts can be useful for so many things onsite.
So, calculate all the 1 x 12 you would need together and negotiate it once.

For plumbing, ask him if he is using semi-thick or thick imported. I will advise you use thick imported.
Go and buy it yourself. Let the seller show you samples and you would notice the differences.

Be there when they are laying or fixing the pipes or let someone who is articulate be there.
Let them wash off the dust and dirt on the pipes and clean the pipes with dry cloth before applying gums. Let them apply the gums generously for you not to have a leaking pipe.

Those nails are expensive e.g. the 3” is between N30k to N36k per bag.

Iron bending could be negotiated to N45k per tonne of iron bent by an iron bender.
Just calculate cost per size of the rod bent, using the N45k (total number of rods in a particular mm, divided by N45k) then multiply it by actual number of the class of rods used by the bender.

There’s nothing listed there that you can’t buy by yourself.
You forgot to mention original gum. There are so fake pluming gums these days in the market. Original Abro gum is the best but the price is Ike x2 what they are selling other products.
Leaking pipes after installing could really be a big pain. A tin of Abro is about #12k while others are sold between 7-8k . They will try to convince you that all gums are the same, no they are not.
For the pipes, Nigerite seems to be the best. Its is also more expensive than imported ones.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by VanuatuWycombe: 4:31pm On May 25
Skydivine:

You forgot to mention original gum. There are so fake pluming gums these days in the market. Original Abro gum is the best but the price is Ike x2 what they are selling other products.
Leaking pipes after installing could really be a big pain. A tin of Abro is about #12k while others are sold between 7-8k . They will try to convince you that all gums are the same, no they are not.
For the pipes, Nigerite seems to be the best. Its is also more expensive than imported ones.

Thanks for adding this.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Petmayor: 5:09pm On May 25
Hi Guys,

Pls, is having cracks on plastered wall an issue to be worried about or it will be taken care of during painting?

I have attached the picture. Thanks.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Skydivine: 6:00pm On May 25
Petmayor:
Hi Guys,

Pls, is having cracks on plastered wall an issue to be worried about or it will be taken care of during painting?

Did you pay the person that did this? Please make sure you collect your money from him, plus cost of materials.
Maybe that will deter all these apprentices from running away before completing their learning experience.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Aduragbemi45(m): 6:42pm On May 25
Petmayor:
Hi Guys,

This might only be the fault of the plaster sand... the type of plater sand that was used...

But no panic sir...

Contact ADYEM INTERIOR CONCEPTS for inside and outside wall screeding and let's perform magic... before painting....

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kalu61(m): 6:46pm On May 25
DUKEOFIBADAN:
I was looking for a small bachelor pad design to build on my farm when I came across this building. I calculated the money spent with the Nigeria exchange rate and it was 6 million naira for a single room and a toilet. I think this is way too much for such building, not even a mini room and parlor with kitchen. Who has a mini one bedroom bungalow design with a big store attached to it to keep livestock feeds?
First of all, this is not up to 6m project. Maximium 3.7-3.9m
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kalu61(m): 6:48pm On May 25
Skydivine:

Did you pay the person that did this? Please make sure you collect your money from him, plus cost of materials.
Maybe that will deter all these apprentices from running away before completing their learning experience.
Have you considered the type of material and mixing ration put in the work?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Skydivine: 6:50pm On May 25
kalu61:
Have you considered the type of material and mixing ration put in the work?
Is it the client that mixed it?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Geekop: 7:22pm On May 25
Petmayor:
Hi Guys,

I think it's the kind of plaster they used possibly has much mud, they should have added sharp sand too.
I will suggest you screed like someone is offering already.
Black screed with additive should cover them up.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Smartdoy(m): 11:19pm On May 25
A Bricklayer just billed me N350 000 for block works from foundation to finish (after lintel) for a room and parlor self contained. What is the better price?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Smartdoy(m): 11:21pm On May 25
You can refer me to a thread on building a room and parlor self contained here if available
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sekzy99(m): 12:44am On May 26
Evening all.

Planning to resume my project

I need a rough estimate to get the following done.

1. Electrical Wiring (Considering going off grid in the next 5 years)
2. Plumbering system

Note:
1. It’s a 4 bedroom with 4 baths
2. Location is Mowe, Ogun State.
3. This estimate is to help me know how much I need to have at hand before I call on electrician and plumber.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 2:55am On May 26
Good morning and happy Sunday from here my people of Nairaland customer and friends I wish you all blessed Sunday

I still remain Dfameguy11s you know so far , also know as osinachiadima global enterprise or Rockhome global enterprise
Dealer of kinds of building materials such as

Spanish tiles
Italian tiles
China tiles
Indian tiles
Nigeria tiles
W/c toilet seat
Glass door
Security door
Bathroom accessories etc

Email: osinachicolins20@gmail.com

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 3:06am On May 26
Osinachiadima global enterprise

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Noworries11: 7:47am On May 26
Noworries11:
My country people and elders in the building
Na my first time to build.... I kept bringing out money so tey i spent way above my budget just to get to lintel phase however please I need an advise for an estimate cost for the decking for a semi detached duplex (4 bedroom each duplex I.e 8 bedroom semi-detached duplex)

The site engr has estimated about #4,226,000 just for the rods (decking) while another engr on the side who is willing to handle has estimated #1,050,000

Brethren to say I am confused is an understatement

I decided to run here and perhaps get professional advice.
Please note that this is the cost for rod alone

Let me break it further how they arrived at the said amount

Site Engr;
70 lengths of 16mm rod @17,000 =#1,190,000
300 lengths of 12mm rod @9,400 =#2,820,000
50 lengths of 8mm rod-@3400 =#170,000
Binding wire = #45000
Total = #4,225,000

*Alternate Engr*

2) *ROD 16M² 25PIECES PER 1? N14,500× 25 = N350,000*

3) *ROD 12M² 60 PIECES PER 1? N9,200 × 60 = N552,000*

4) *ROD 8M² 30 PIECESB PER 1? N4,500 × 30 = N135,000*

6) *BANDING WIRE #20,000*

Total = N1,057,000

Please make una choke mouth for the matter

@Iriruaga100 thanks bro for your input, don't you think it might cost double transportation if I need to buy the 2nd half again?

@saydfact i appreciate, you really stated the fact however I went through profile to check the post but my brother, the mathematics as well the terminology gave me a tough time yet my head no concentrate... as a first timer lol
Bro, what services do you provide? I don't mind to run stuff with you at some stage... the house na gradually gradually... save up & start to at a particular phase... that kind thing

@rotecch77 well done sir, but bro your words too mean o but I received sense by force lol

@1teethosin thanks bro perhaps nah to slightly reduce only the 16mm while I watch how it progresses

@Skydivine appreciate your input and yes dual staircases are involved

@kopell thanks for your input

@all
Sorry for the late responses, was caught up by an event however with the numerous inputs, I have decided to go on with the site engineer while I watch closely on how the materials are used. Thank you guys

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cash1115(m): 8:03am On May 26
We are available for your job

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cash1115(m): 8:06am On May 26
You can Also send us ur designs to work on, we are much affordable 07069462837

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ishadfurnitures: 9:44am On May 26
Why not it does not construction works
MDDarah84:
Please can one build during this rainy season between August and November? Any thing to be worried about during this period?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cash1115(m): 10:14am On May 26
May this week be a step forward, in leading you to new adventures, new roads to explore and new success to reach!!!
Happy Sunday and have a successful week ahead.
~ *His Grace Interiors*

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by CDG1(m): 10:19am On May 26
Are you building/constructing,
Let’s handle your material supply!
Blocks
Cement
Granites/gravel
Kindly call us on 07026691840 or 08126254470

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 12:31pm On May 26
I want to remind you that I will bring your concept to live

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 12:43pm On May 26
Noworries11:

@all
Sorry for the late responses, was caught up by an event however with the numerous inputs, I have decided to go on with the site engineer while I watch closely on how the materials are used. Thank you guys

Great decision.

You can always send your drawings and association quotation if you need a check as long as it's not a now now thing lol ie I might need a day or two to sort it.

Goodluck

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 12:45pm On May 26
dongc:

You are a Gem...I always look forward to your comments...Thank you for all your efforts and contributions...cheers

Thanks boss.
I appreciate your kind words.... God bless you more.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 6:09pm On May 26
Transforming Spaces.....

Call or WhatsApp : 09122348437

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jonescosmos: 8:14pm On May 26
I want to know the performance of this battery.

Have you tried to do capacity test or continuous load test?

twinskenny:
We are here in Ogidi Anambra state

Let’s power up this ice block making machine!

20kva srne inverter

30kwh lithium battery

32 no of 660 watts Canadian panels

Etc

Note ( not cheap)

For your energy needs let’s talk

https://www.nairaland.com/7958411/solar-inverter-installation-thread/8#130076128

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 8:42pm On May 26
DUKEOFIBADAN:
I was looking for a small bachelor pad design to build on my farm when I came across this building. I calculated the money spent with the Nigeria exchange rate and it was 6 million naira for a single room and a toilet. I think this is way too much for such building, not even a mini room and parlor with kitchen. Who has a mini one bedroom bungalow design with a big store attached to it to keep livestock feeds?
I can do you a design if you want one, it will be tailored to your taste and pocket.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 8:44pm On May 26
MDDarah84:
Nothing to worry about, get a seasoned engineer and you are good.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 8:45pm On May 26
Petmayor:
Hi Guys,

This is much, it could be due to poor material mixture or workmanship during plastering.
After painting it will still show up.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 9:10pm On May 26

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by opera1(m): 10:46pm On May 26
My elder brother ask me to bring a building plan for him to see. Pls help me with a simple design 3 bedroom flat nor 4 bedroom
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 12:48am On May 27
ROCK BOTTOM SALES!!!

Cworth 25.6v 200ah 5kwh lithium battery "touchscreen LCD model" .... Firm price: 1.050m

5 years standard product warranty!

For further enquiry & purchase;
Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL LINE::::: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: 081-703-85620

(1) (2) (3) ... (3679) (3680) (3681) (3682) (3683) (3684) (3685) ... (3695) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.