Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,924 members, 7,863,258 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 01:57 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (425) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4506604 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) ... (3696) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abike12(f): 5:51am On Jul 23, 2016
Hi everyone, I don't know if this is the right place to post but I just wanted to find out if anyone here is investing in land in the estates near the new Dangote refinery and which one? I've been getting a lot of fliers and I'm going to have someone help me go out there and see it in person but I just wondered if anyone here knows anything about it. Thanks!

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 6:02am On Jul 23, 2016
allCopacetic:
Thought to share this with the house
Unconventional interior lighting design, statement ....... Nonconformist
@n3xt for some reason you came to mind when i assesed this cheesy
What kind of setup do you see this working for?

Me... room with well screeded all white walls (or some sick 3d wall paper)and a TV wall with stone designs that compliment that on the lamp

Very lovely are they available in Nigeria??
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 6:18am On Jul 23, 2016
abike12:
Hi everyone, I don't know if this is the right place to post but I just wanted to find out if anyone here is investing in land in the estates near the new Dangote refinery and which one? I've been getting a lot of fliers and I'm going to have someone help me go out there and see it in person but I just wondered if anyone here knows anything about it. Thanks!

This is a great place to ask for sure but if it were me, I don't do Lagos, I would email the mod directly via his website.

He seems to have his thumb on the pulse of that axis.

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by tevanso(m): 6:24am On Jul 23, 2016
Advice to intending home owners,never have the mentality of i want to building on my entire land area,by so doing reducing the normal set back meant for future road construction, no matter how local ur location of land might be ,always envisage development anytime soon .So many home owners do this ,in order to avoid had i known, pls observe the proper setback .Those house owner in Epe can explain better their experience. Gud morning all

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FreeWorld23: 6:38am On Jul 23, 2016
Morning! Nice piece.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 6:57am On Jul 23, 2016
allCopacetic:

Me... room with well screeded all white walls (or some sick 3d wall paper)and a TV wall with stone designs that compliment that on the lamp

Maybe it's the flowers, but I will love this in my dining room wall. Can we see the base without the light on. Good collection you've got Sir.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 7:37am On Jul 23, 2016
spyder880:

Maybe it's the flowers, but I will love this in my dining room wall. Can we see the base without the light on. Good collection you've got Sir.

Chai...is that solid gold? grin

You rich people sha. God dey.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by allCopacetic: 7:45am On Jul 23, 2016
spyder880:

Absolutely purfect for a dinning,
Lol. That's also my favorite in that design category.... The colour detailing in the flowers is just sweeet.

Yes , you can. Lights on or lights off the designs on the bottom are very much visible, just like a normal flower vase.

Thank you sir.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by allCopacetic: 7:48am On Jul 23, 2016
twinskenny:

Very lovely are they available in Nigeria??
Yes they're in stock
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 4nobody4every1: 8:13am On Jul 23, 2016
spyder880:

One word for this >>>>>> beautiful, l cant put this in a rental house, it got to be in my future addition in-case l want to have another holiday residence, l like the background. Hope it is pocket friendly @ spyder880?cool

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abouzaid: 8:26am On Jul 23, 2016
spyder880:

kai buhari, chai oga spyder, how much is that beauty going for? any idea how much those ceiling fans with lights costs now? i can't find any online.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:56am On Jul 23, 2016
allCopacetic:

Nice one. I'll like to do this in a rustic bathroom setting complementing a stone feature wall.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abouzaid: 10:25am On Jul 23, 2016
n3xt:

Nice one. I'll like to do this in a rustic bathroom setting complementing a stone feature wall.
faints, please how much is that stand alone bathtub going for? what's the size specifications? you're just too much
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 11:01am On Jul 23, 2016
abouzaid:
faints, please how much is that stand alone bathtub going for? what's the size specifications? you're just too much

Grohe Bath Tub and Mixer Tap/Shower System - 186,000

The mixer tap is Lineare range.

Visit Alan Caray Technical & Logistics | 10A/B Eletu Ogabi street, off Adeola Odeku, VI, Lagos.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FreeWorld23: 11:51am On Jul 23, 2016
n3xt:

Grohe Bath Tub and Mixer Tap/Shower System - 186,000

The mixer tap is Lineare range.

Visit Alan Caray Technical & Logistics | 10A/B Eletu Ogabi street, off Adeola Odeku, VI, Lagos.

I have seen these bathing tubes constructed locally with blocks and Mosaics, how durable are they?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 12:26pm On Jul 23, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Chai...is that solid gold? grin

You rich people sha. God dey.

Jus keep hiding the $$ cheesy
Waiting for you to employ me as your finance manager.

abouzaid:
kai buhari, chai oga spyder, how much is that beauty going for? any idea how much those ceiling fans with lights costs now? i can't find any online.

It's allcopacetic that owns the lights o.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by legendsmother(f): 2:26pm On Jul 23, 2016
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ice4u999(m): 2:55pm On Jul 23, 2016
abike12:

Yea my property is about 20 min drive from the refinery and few min drive from the proposed university. As at yesterday the estate management were still selling but I will advise you deal with them directly and also do your homework. If you need more info, you can email me @ ice4u999@yahoo.com. FYI please don't email me if you are not serious to buy. Thanks

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abike12(f): 9:22pm On Jul 23, 2016
ice4u999:

Yea my property is about 20 min drive from the refinery and few min drive from the proposed university. As at yesterday the estate management were still selling but I will advise you deal with them directly and also do your homework. If you need more info, you can email me @ ice4u999@yahoo.com. FYI please don't email me if you are not serious to buy. Thanks

Thank you. I'm already working with one of the estate agencies. I was just trying to get a sense of if people are really buying it or it's just hype. They have like 8 estates now with land and it seemed a little suspicious. Thanks for your input!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abike12(f): 9:24pm On Jul 23, 2016
EgunMogaji:

This is a great place to ask for sure but if it were me, I don't do Lagos, I would email the mod directly via his website.

He seems to have his thumb on the pulse of that axis.

Good luck.
Thank you!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 9:25pm On Jul 23, 2016
I was going through bplenty's My 4 Bedroom Project: https://www.nairaland.com/2379099/4-bedroom-project/10 and there was this small hiccups about door sizes. It seemed Kolashangeone and his boys had a mishap with one of the doors for the project which turned out not wide enough. This is a common problem that can be better managed with some understanding of door feature.

There are three sections to finalizing a door: The size of the door recess (door provision), the frame and the size of the door. In Nigeria on average the door space (provision) is about 7 feet high by 3 feet wide i.e 2133 mm by 914 mm. There are door provisions that are narrower like toilet doors or store doors or wider. You must make note if any door is wider than 3 feet as this will call for special attention. See illustration below.

The Frames also serve as a regulator to accommodate the size of the door. So the frame can be made thick or otherwise to accommodate the width of the door.

Now because the height of the door provision is 2133 mm doesn't necessarily mean the accompanying door should also be 2133 mm in height. The door should be shorter to make provision for the frame which act as a regulator and provision for tiling of the floor. Because of the frame and tiling the "standard" height for doors is 1981 mm. Again because the width of the door provision is 3 feet i.e 914 mm doesn't necessarily mean the accompanying door should be 914 mm wide. As the average door recess in Nigeria is 914 mm (3 feet), it should be OK if the door is 762 mm wide or better still 838 mm wide with the frame acting as the regulator. So if you are using 762 mm wide door, your frame will be expected to be thicker than if you are using 838 mm. Now as the average door recess in Nigeria is 914 mm, a door that is 610 mm wide will definitely come up too narrow even after using the frame as regulator.

This is for wooden doors and frames and may not be applicable to Asia metal doors that come with frames. I do not use internal metal doors so not conversant with them. If you have used metal doors internally please share.

See pix below for door frames. Note that it's frame with architraves or door surround.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ice4u999(m): 9:42pm On Jul 23, 2016
abike12:

Thank you. I'm already working with one of the estate agencies. I was just trying to get a sense of if people are really buying it or it's just hype. They have like 8 estates now with land and it seemed a little suspicious. Thanks for your input!

Good luck and be very careful
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 10:14pm On Jul 23, 2016
"Standard" door sizes:

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by allCopacetic: 11:29pm On Jul 23, 2016
n3xt:

Another fantastic location. Compliments excellently.
Damn, that's one sexy bath tub.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by allCopacetic: 11:30pm On Jul 23, 2016
abouzaid:
6500 kpere, grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 12:04am On Jul 24, 2016
diordaves:

There are three sections to finalizing a door: The size of the door recess (door provision), the frame and the size of the door. In Nigeria on average the door space (provision) is about 7 feet high by 3 feet wide i.e 2133 mm by 914 mm. There are door provisions that are narrower like toilet doors or store doors or wider. You must make note if any door is wider than 3 feet as this will call for special attention.

Boss, this is very good informative article about doors. I was just about to open a thread for doors disussions...
I will still open it and post the link here... this kind of naratives will help many people. Thank you.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 12:26am On Jul 24, 2016
mufutau55:

Boss, this is very good informative article about doors. I was just about to open a thread for doors disussions...
I will still open it and post the link here... this kind of naratives will help many people. Thank you.

Hajji M.

More grease to your elbow Hajji M. Please don't forget to point us to the thread when opened.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saintkel(m): 12:43am On Jul 24, 2016
yvonne111:
oga lalasticlala mynd44. We don't want cheation o. Unban agarawu23 or ban egunmojaji too. They both broke the rule. To avoid drama here oooo
mylove missing u
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 1:32am On Jul 24, 2016
I continued working on the layout of my wiring diagram for the garage apartment and I wanted to point out two items.

1) Further to our discussion on 110 (120) versus 220 (240) and specifically how to easily get 220 (240) out of a 110 (120) breaker box. In pic #1 you can see the 2 pole switch. Each leg is 110 and it plugs into two opposite legs which makes it 220 volts. Using the appropriate wires that is sized for 220 volts service all it now needs is a 220v socket. This one will feed a 220 v socket in the garage for auto lift and air compressor.

2) Pic #2 is a new modern style 110volts GFCI breaker. Simply speaking, GFCI is used in sockets that are near water/moisture. They trip easily when water gets in the socket. Normally you will use GFCI sockets but I will be using standard sockets but wired to this GFCI breaker instead. This GFCI breaker will service an outlet in the kitchen, an outlet by the bathroom sink and one outside in the verandah. The verandah outlet will have a cover so rain would never get into it but will still go onto the GFCI breaker just in case. It is modern because it has no pigtail and simply plugs into neutral block.

3) Box of 15amp breakers. There will be lots of breakers used because I want to minimize the amount of outlets on each breaker.

4) Glue used to bond materials to concrete block.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by skimanski(m): 7:05am On Jul 24, 2016
n3xt:

This is just so nice.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by alstacs(m): 11:30am On Jul 24, 2016
Good morning house.
We all know what the economy is saying now. There is no circulation of cash and as a result of this, many plans and hopes hopes are being dashed. The only people who are reigning now are baba Egunmogaji and his friends who earn and spend hard currency. and of course lord Spyder880 and Hajji mufutau55 who manage these resources for them efficiently and effectively. I bow!
For those of us who are labourers locally, we need help!

what is wrong with using used planks for boarding reinforcements and even to deck a floor? The current cost of fresh good planks 1x12x1 can send us back to the villages to go pick hoes and cutlass to raise money before we come back town. At this rate, maybe I will need wait forever struggling to buy iron rods and planks. E don reach like 2 years wey a abandon my foundation oh...
Is it wrong to buy good used planks?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by battleaxe: 12:28pm On Jul 24, 2016
@House

Please, what is the easiest way to increase water pressure on the 1st floor of a duplex?

While the water comes out well downstairs, the water mostly comes in trickles upstairs - you have to "collect" water before taking a bath defeating the purpose of having a shower head.

While I have read about power showers and all; I'm reading various conflicting reviews.

Can you gurus please help?

Thanks.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) ... (3696) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.