Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,757 members, 7,862,476 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 05:46 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (677) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4504806 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (674) (675) (676) (677) (678) (679) (680) ... (3695) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by skimanski(m): 9:14am On May 01, 2017
rabcnesbit:
Thank you. Got contact fo the shop?

call kazeem on 07065792203
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by write2obi(m): 9:33am On May 01, 2017
DInkMan:

Thanks @write2obi; it is actually 400*400mm. i ve benjohnsoned, lol.
Then stay away from PNT
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 9:39am On May 01, 2017
mufutau55:

Looks like Spanish or Italian... which is it?

Hajji M.
Its made in Russia
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 10:33am On May 01, 2017
FastShipping:

How deep is your borehole? Is it a low yield, medium or high yield? Mine was called medium yield but from all indication it is low yield at best.

My own borehole only lasted less than 6 hours before it packed up. The guy had the gut to ask me to provide money to buy him another machine for him to burn again. I already promised to get a new pumping machine but he must go find a machine to rent to fix the mess of a borehole he did before I bring new machine. I don't trust this guy a bit with the way he makes promises and never acted on them. This guy has never for once made a single promise to me that he fulfilled for once. Never! From day one, he has been a disappointment and I told him that. I regret ever giving this guy the borehole.
Sorry to say this, there in nothing called MEDIUM YEILD from my experience. That was where my predicament started, with this so called medium yield. The first driller, our agreement was to drill 60 meters according to the report. He drilled between 38 and 40 meters and he hit water. Unfortunately I later found out his machine could not drill through the rock above the 40 meters. He stopped and told me that it was a medium yield. Everyday we tried, he pumped for half hour with low pressure and it stopped pumping. We did this back and forth for over 2 months arguing about pump and generator. He told me that the generator had no power to pump. He made over 30 appointments in between 2 months and only showed up twice. I finally made up my mind and told him I am ready to pay all over again and that was when he opened up, and introduce me to the driller. That could drill it with the right equipment, it took about 2 days to get the guys to the site. In 4 hours their machine blasted through the rock, hit the water aquifer. I stopped them at 70 meters, according to my average calculation between the two tests that I did. The total length of the borehole 70 meters pumping depth is 46 meters laid out pipes to the tower is about another 16 meters. The total pumping length is about 62 meters. We were able to pump 5000 liters in exactly 1 hour with high pressure pumping in every 4 hours . Enclosed is a result of the first medium yield pumping at 38-40 meters.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 10:54am On May 01, 2017
kopell:
Its made in Russia

Ok. Thanks.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FastShipping: 10:54am On May 01, 2017
kopell:
Sorry to say this, there in nothing called MEDIUM YEILD from my experience. That was where my predicament started, with this so called medium yield. The first driller, our agreement was to drill 60 meters according to the report. He drilled between 38 and 40 meters and he hit water. Unfortunately I later found out his machine could not drill through the rock above the 40 meters. He stopped and told me that it was a medium yield. Everyday we tried, he pumped for half hour with low pressure and it stopped pumping. We did this back and forth for over 2 months arguing about pump and generator. He told me that the generator had no power to pump. He made over 30 appointments in between 2 months and only showed up twice. I finally made up my mind and told him I am ready to pay all over again and that was when he opened up, and introduce me to the driller. That could drill it with the right equipment, it took about 2 days to get the guys to the site. In 4 hours their machine blasted through the rock, hit the water aquifer. I stopped them at 70 meters, according to my average calculation between the two tests that I did. The total length of the borehole 70 meters pumping depth is 46 meters laid out pipes to the tower is about another 16 meters. The total pumping length is about 62 meters. We were able to pump 500 liters in exactly 1 hour with high pressure pumping in every 4 hours . Enclosed is a result of the first medium yield pumping at 38-40 meters.

The guy told me mine was 110 meters but I don't believe that because the guy was only there for about three hours to drill. I dont see how anyone could have drillef 110 meters within 3 hours. When they hit water, he pumped water out for about 1 hour and left it for another three days before coming back to insert pump. That was towards end of December. We didn't use it since then until April. They pumped water on first day and pressure was good. On second day water pressure was good for about 40 minutes. On third day, water pressure was good for about 20 minutes before the borehole finally died. This guy now advised that I should start using my other well. Just imagine after spending more than 550k on borehole, your borehole driller now advised you to start using your well to fetch water.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 11:01am On May 01, 2017
rotecch77:

@babs hajji, here in Lagos Goodwill,crown, Royal,
then BA, all these are OK, the problem with PNT is it break easily,all there edges are not always equal at times 0.02mm-0.05mm longer than each other in the same carton,that is why some Tiler find it difficult to get perfect straight line while laying it, this do happen to most of there wall tiles and 40*40 vitrify floor tiles also when there wall tiles have contact with cement (which is compulsory in tiles laying)it will bend outward slightly but this is a bit difficult to know or see except you have eagle eyes, although they have some good 30 * 30;new design now
am not trying to spoil there product ooo, but we just want them to improve more on the product so that one day we can meet up Spanish or Italian stuff , who knows

here are some sample of goodwill, crown wall and floor tiles, I don't wanted to go against the law of the tread, no advert pls check my tread for more

Thank you very much Oga Rotecch for the education.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 11:03am On May 01, 2017
write2obi:

CDK Ceramics
Royal Ceramics
Goodwill Ceramics
Time Ceramics
BA Ceramics

Thank you Sir.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abunafiu(m): 11:07am On May 01, 2017
kopell:
Sorry to say this, there in nothing called MEDIUM YEILD from my experience. That was where my predicament started, with this so called medium yield. The first driller, our agreement was to drill 60 meters according to the report. He drilled between 38 and 40 meters and he hit water. Unfortunately I later found out his machine could not drill through the rock above the 40 meters. He stopped and told me that it was a medium yield. Everyday we tried, he pumped for half hour with low pressure and it stopped pumping. We did this back and forth for over 2 months arguing about pump and generator. He told me that the generator had no power to pump. He made over 30 appointments in between 2 months and only showed up twice. I finally made up my mind and told him I am ready to pay all over again and that was when he opened up, and introduce me to the driller. That could drill it with the right equipment, it took about 2 days to get the guys to the site. In 4 hours their machine blasted through the rock, hit the water aquifer. I stopped them at 70 meters, according to my average calculation between the two tests that I did. The total length of the borehole 70 meters pumping depth is 46 meters laid out pipes to the tower is about another 16 meters. The total pumping length is about 62 meters. We were able to pump 500 liters in exactly 1 hour with high pressure pumping in every 4 hours . Enclosed is a result of the first medium yield pumping at 38-40 meters.
It was 5,000 litres in 60 minutes exactly.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 11:22am On May 01, 2017
Oga kopell , the pump show there is nice good pump made of copper coil materials, but truly it's made in China by one of my Oga friend in coker by name withheld (I can give the man real name if requested )
he went to China (doying company) to produce it , that is company where most people in Nigeria do patronised to produce pump for them .

if you want real Italian, Denmark, German pump go for

lowara
sear
groundfos
Pedrollo
euro pump;
Dab ;(more than 10 types of these flooded the MKT which are replica)
but all i mentioned nna money ooo
but those China do produce good pump I do recommend also to some client but not all China product. but this Oga kopell type is one of the best .
am not trying to promote the man product here oo
if you get to MKT and you can't afford European made ask of any pump that produce by doyin China company ( forget any name they label it here bcs everybody do ask the company to write there own name on it just like that INTER DAB) you will still find one shining sticker label doyin on it

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 11:24am On May 01, 2017
kopell:
Hmm, this sounds like my story. I let an eye witness write the predicaments of the whole story. In my case, I did two different test with conflicting results from two different vendors. I got the average of the two results and based my drilling depth on that average, about a meter away from one and other. After this, I brought every single material that was used still speed 900k for the drilling alone. Alhamduliahi the ends result is a success. Attached is the brand of pump I bought last year for 75k, I brought same one 6 years ago that still in service. This give me confidence to buy the same brand again.
N900K for Bore hole drilling,
Jesus christ shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Bross Una find gold?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 11:24am On May 01, 2017
abunafiu:

It was 5,000 litres in 60 minutes exactly.
Thank U my Oga!!! He was the brain eye witness to the whole predicament, I can never stop thanking you for your time and honesty you put in to the success of the whole thing. Thank U once again.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 12:09pm On May 01, 2017
kopell:
Thank U my Oga!!! He was the brain eye witness to the whole predicament, I can never stop thanking you for your time and honesty you put in to the success of the whole thing. Thank U once again.

Nawa o all this money money borehole..my neighbour pay on 165k.
May be area dependent sha
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by earthrealm(m): 12:12pm On May 01, 2017
@abunafiu, seems you are an alternative energy man, did you install solar pump in ur build?..if not do you know anyone who did. am toying with the idea of installing a solar pump in my build...what sayest thou?

edit: just saw this, it appears the discharge rate is too low, 360LPH., so more than 10hrs to fill a 5000liter geepee tank, no way i no do again

The solution to your remote water pumping needs. This pump is rugged, durable and built to last. This pump delivers a steady 96 GPH (360 LPH) at its maximum depth of 100 feet (30M) when supplied with 24 VDC. Its unique water-tight power connector stops water wicking and prevents potential condensation problems. Great for livestock watering, irrigation, pond aeration, remote homes and 30M deep well.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 12:30pm On May 01, 2017
Price Slash
12&16mm @N150,000/ton
10mm @N155,000/ton

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 12:33pm On May 01, 2017
NL1960:

Post a link to the new thread here when you create it. Mediocrity and incompetence must be wiped out of this country. I have told people several times that the incompetence and mediocrity at all levels of governance did not start when the person got to the position and that it has been in the person right from time.

True that, my friend did his bore-hole in lagos around November / December and he told me he spent less than 250, 000 Naira for everything (pumping machine inclusive ) and he said the whole process was less than 7 days, when l visited Nigeria around December 2016, l went to see it and it was fantastic, water is pure and the bore-hole is working very well, the company that constructed it are in lagos, we have a long way to go as a nation, then , to read that 500,000 Naira was spent on a bore-hole and you are given a lemon is sad & pathetic, corruption is not restricted to our leaders alone, some followers are also corrupt, looking for ways to cheat, defraud and take money from others, you now ask, will the country ever be free & rid of corruption, l doubt, because it is like a monster which has festered its claws on the nation and some citizens sad
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 12:44pm On May 01, 2017
erico2k2:

N900K for Bore hole drilling,
Jesus christ shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Bross Una find gold?
No gold Oooo, na only water dey there. This is where I find myself, you don't even want to hear the story of well before I made up my mind on borehole. I'm very determined to get better results, with the help of Almighty the end result is a success. Every one experience is different oh. May Almighty in his infinity mercy continue to provide for us.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GallantGalaxy: 12:53pm On May 01, 2017
Try 08033407055 in Lakwe or lakowe but best price in the axis.
rabcnesbit:
Thank you. Got contact fo the shop?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GallantGalaxy: 12:55pm On May 01, 2017
Goodwill is better
DInkMan:
Hi learned colleagues,

on d brink of tilling my appartment. and being a patriot, lol, saw nicely made and not too pricey Nigerian product called PNT but i ve been discouraged they said it doesnt stand the test of time. that i should rather opt for Goodwill. how true is this assertion? thanks

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 1:07pm On May 01, 2017
rotecch77:
Oga kopell , the pump show there is nice good pump made of copper coil materials, but truly it's made in China by one of my Oga friend in coker by name withheld (I can give the man real name if requested )
he went to China (doying company) to produce it , that is company where most people in Nigeria do patronised to produce pump for them .

if you want real Italian, Denmark, German pump go for

lowara
sear
groundfos
Pedrollo
euro pump;
Dab ;(more than 10 types of these flooded the MKT which are replica)
but all i mentioned nna money ooo
but those China do produce good pump I do recommend also to some client but not all China product. but this Oga kopell type is one of the best .
am not trying to promote the man product here oo
if you get to MKT and you can't afford European made ask of any pump that produce by doyin China company ( forget any name they label it here bcs everybody do ask the company to write there own name on it just like that INTER DAB) you will still find one shining sticker label doyin on it
I know people could do anything in times of maximizing their profit, we always buy from adebowale electronic. The instructions are in Russia, it's was also writing made in Russia on it. I don't blame them, it's failure of our government that make it possible for them. Even our people don't want anything change, may God help Us as people.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GallantGalaxy: 1:09pm On May 01, 2017
08028331290 A good welder. When you speak with him he will confirm if he can do what you need.
Otitokoropupo:
Can anyone please recommend a good welder to me who can interpret a sketch for a carport by himself? He will need to be mobile and bring his welding machine/generator to site.

Also, does anyone know if there's a minimum thickness to use for pipes going into the ground. Is 2mm thickness sufficient or to prevent corrosion, its better to go up to 3mm or above?

Thanks.

P.S.: In case there's also someone like me who was looking for sizes of galvanized pipes, I found a Nigerian site online who seems to specialize in sanitary wares and had this in their collection. Its frakem dot com. There'll probably be more variety and cheaper in the markets, but at least it gave me an idea.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Bossman(m): 2:45pm On May 01, 2017
Absolutely! There is no accountability at all. If a work is performed and it's not up to par, or as promised, then person that did the job has to own up and fix it, or return the money he was paid. That each individual as to do their own bore hole/well to get watar is unbelievable! Arrrgh! We have a long way to go in Nigeria.

AngelicBeing:
we have a long way to go as a nation, then , to read that 500,000 Naira was spent on a bore-hole and you are given a lemon is sad & pathetic, corruption is not restricted to our leaders alone, some followers are also corrupt, looking for ways to cheat, defraud and take money from others, you now ask, will the country ever be free & rid of corruption, l doubt, because it is like a monster which has festered its claws on the nation and some citizens sad

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 2:56pm On May 01, 2017
Bossman:
Absolutely! There is no accountability at all. If a work is performed and it's not up to par, or as promised, then person that did the job has to own up and fix it, or return the money he was paid. That each individual as to do their own bore hole/well to get watar is unbelievable! Arrrgh! We have a long way to go in Nigeria.

l concur, yes, that is the way it is now for most homes now in Nigeria, you are more like a small government within a country, you provide bore-hole, estate maintenance fee depending on the area & location, you pay for OPC / neighborhood security, in some instance you contribute to maintain the roads and different levies keep springing up , and if you live in an area that is not connected to PHCN, you pay for transformer, wires, poles to enable PHCN connect you to their epileptic power supply and the list is endless and you wonder what the useless government is providing for its citizens, l agree with KANU that the country is a zoo and some other writers called it a jungle because in a zoo there is orderliness because the animals are kept in different compartment and well behaved but in a jungle it is dog chop dog, every man to himself and to your tent O' Israel wink

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Marilo(m): 4:01pm On May 01, 2017
Chekitaut:
Price Slash
12&16mm @N150,000/ton
10mm @N155,000/ton

Are these Tiger TMT?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 4:19pm On May 01, 2017
WellEndowed:

offtopic please. lipsrsealed someone looking at building a 6 bedroom duplex in Lekki Phase 1. Like how much are they looking at? kiss

Thanks
l know this question was not directed at me but while reading another thread, l saw your question and decided to point you here, there are capable builders / Engineers / contractors here that will assist and guide you, alternatively, you can read through the thread and be enlightened & guided properly, there are several 6 bedroom projects displayed by different people on this thread and others built by different Builders, sieve through the thread & property section in general and approach capable hands, property section is an ocean of wealth & knowledge wink

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abunafiu(m): 5:24pm On May 01, 2017
earthrealm:
@abunafiu, seems you are an alternative energy man, did you install solar pump in ur build?..if not do you know anyone who did. am toying with the idea of installing a solar pump in my build...what sayest thou?

edit: just saw this, it appears the discharge rate is too low, 360LPH., so more than 10hrs to fill a 5000liter geepee tank, no way i no do again

The solution to your remote water pumping needs. This pump is rugged, durable and built to last. This pump delivers a steady 96 GPH (360 LPH) at its maximum depth of 100 feet (30M) when supplied with 24 VDC. Its unique water-tight power connector stops water wicking and prevents potential condensation problems. Great for livestock watering, irrigation, pond aeration, remote homes and 30M deep well.
I have installed a number of solar pumps. But if u want more information about solar pumps, you may contact "Drealgeesam" a nairalander too.

https://www.nairaland.com/1793602/solar-powered-borehole-full-construction

The ones I have installed were very efficient and pumps at an average of 50 litres per minute.
It requires a minimum of 190Vdc to power it. Some require as much as 300vdc.
You will require a number of solar panels in series to achieve the target DC voltage.
The cost of procurement is not friendly at all. Apart from solar panel cost, a very good DC pump is from 700k and above.

So in my own case, I simply used my 0.5hp AC pump connected to my 5kva inverter. Remember my PV strength is 4000w so I can conveniently accommodate the pump.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rabcnesbit: 5:57pm On May 01, 2017
skimanski:

call kazeem on 07065792203

Thank you very much.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 6:24pm On May 01, 2017
AngelicBeing:
True that, my friend did his bore-hole in lagos around November / December and he told me he spent less than 250, 000 Naira for everything (pumping machine inclusive ) and he said the whole process was less than 7 days, when l visited Nigeria around December 2016, l went to see it and it was fantastic, water is pure and the bore-hole is working very well, the company that constructed it are in lagos, we have a long way to go as a nation, then , to read that 500,000 Naira was spent on a bore-hole and you are given a lemon is sad & pathetic, corruption is not restricted to our leaders alone, some followers are also corrupt, looking for ways to cheat, defraud and take money from others, you now ask, will the country ever be free & rid of corruption, l doubt, because it is like a monster which has festered its claws on the nation and some citizens sad
Some areas you have to appease the gods to get water from the ground ie Enugu state.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by johnson232: 6:26pm On May 01, 2017
erico2k2:

Some areas you have to appease the gods to get water from the ground ie Enugu state.
Lol
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 6:29pm On May 01, 2017
erico2k2:

grin grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Master19: 6:32pm On May 01, 2017
Joebaz4real:
To all the expert in the house. Please i need your help in getting the right price of wood for my roofing and nogging. The site location is in Benin and all the price i have been given is so so high compare to what i have seen some people quoted.

For Example

2x2 = #500
2x3 = #800
2x4 = #900
3x4 = #1800
1x12 = #1850

I am also being told of lenght, so the above quoted price is for a 16ft lenght while 18ft is even slightly higher. Can someone please help, I know there are some verified and good artisan and here who some people have used. Please all recommendation is welcome. Its a 5 bedroom bungalow measuring about 25.5m by 19.1m (83.5ft by 62.7ft) with this price woodwork will be so high. Oga make una help young man ooo

I recently bought wood somewhere in the east @ the prices listed below;

3x 4 x 12= 800

2x 4 x 12= 450

2x 3 x 18= 550

1 x 10x 12= 1300

Good luck.
My advise is you buy it yourself then negotiate for workmanship with the carpenter.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 6:39pm On May 01, 2017
AngelicBeing:
grin grin
Im telling you, my Bore Hole in PH cost me only N90K, thats labour+Pump, and it took less than three hours grin grin
My parents one even cheaper and quicker,less than 2 hours, and both were don by hand turning.
we get luck for dis our 9ja Delta nor B small, Person go take fence money dig bore hole na wahh grin grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (674) (675) (676) (677) (678) (679) (680) ... (3695) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: gbadexy(m), timelineinc, SanniOluwafemi(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.